The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

yeah I am taking a prenatal also with 1.9mg...if it could help i am willing..

hi KT welcome to the group just wanted to say my cycle became irregular when we were ttc and i had a short lp, so i took vit B6 50mh and the same mth i got my bfp... So u could try that too..

Good luck Tally on dh's new sa xx

My prenatal vit has 2.6mg B6 in it. Do you think I should be taking an extra supplement?
yes i did but its entirely up to you.. They recommend at least 50mg x

Hi ladies! I'm pretty new here to BnB I found it while googling pregnancy after vasectomy. Anyway, my DH and I have been married 6 years and have 2 boys together. We had our first 2 years after we got married and then 19 months later welcomed our 2nd son. My husband had a vasectomy in October 2009 when my youngest was 11 months old. Now almost 2 years later I regret it big time. My hubby is fine with it and is 100% good with our 2 boys. For about a year I have been wanting another baby so bad I can barely stand it. I finally brought it to his attention recently and he said he would think about a reversal. So were just in the beginning steps on this. My DH had the kind where they cut the tube, take a piece and burn the ends. How likely is this to be successful for a reversal? I'm worried it won't be even though it's only been a year and 9 months. Also, how much does it cost? Does insurance cover any of it? What is the recovery like? Sorry so many questions were just new to this and still trying to make a decision. If it were up to me completely we'd be making the appointment today but it's not so I'm juts doing research for now. Thanks ladies!!! :thumbup:

Hi ladies! I'm pretty new here to BnB I found it while googling pregnancy after vasectomy. Anyway, my DH and I have been married 6 years and have 2 boys together. We had our first 2 years after we got married and then 19 months later welcomed our 2nd son. My husband had a vasectomy in October 2009 when my youngest was 11 months old. Now almost 2 years later I regret it big time. My hubby is fine with it and is 100% good with our 2 boys. For about a year I have been wanting another baby so bad I can barely stand it. I finally brought it to his attention recently and he said he would think about a reversal. So were just in the beginning steps on this. My DH had the kind where they cut the tube, take a piece and burn the ends. How likely is this to be successful for a reversal? I'm worried it won't be even though it's only been a year and 9 months. Also, how much does it cost? Does insurance cover any of it? What is the recovery like? Sorry so many questions were just new to this and still trying to make a decision. If it were up to me completely we'd be making the appointment today but it's not so I'm juts doing research for now. Thanks ladies!!! :thumbup:

Firstly Hi and welcome to the site:thumbup:
We will all understand the research you and DH are doing at the mo...

Prices tend to vary according to which part of the country you are living in (uk)
We paid £1,750 for everything operation and after SA wise but there was a fee of £150.00 for a inital consultation, were at this they tell you everything you need to know if they think it will be a success and
your success rate according to
Yours/DH's age
Time lapsed since original Vasectomy etc

i googled vasectomy reversal clinic and emailed them all for quotes, the best price we got was the one we used and that was with The Spire (they have different branches all over the UK)

And too answer your insurance question No they dont accept that it has to be cash/credit card or some places BMI i think do a 0% finance option.

Not sure how they original did DH vasectomy but The surgeon was able to attach both sides and it was a success... DH had a brilliant SA and we got our BFP 9 weeks after the VR.

So good luck in your research, there are links to all the surgeons & clinics we all used on the front page, any questions feel free to pm me or any of the other ladies x

hi KT welcome to the group just wanted to say my cycle became irregular when we were ttc and i had a short lp, so i took vit B6 50mh and the same mth i got my bfp... So u could try that too..

Good luck Tally on dh's new sa xx

My prenatal vit has 2.6mg B6 in it. Do you think I should be taking an extra supplement?

have a read through this thread this is where i got all my info and advice from Good luck xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/12563-vitamin-b6-lengthen-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone.html

Thank you so much for your reply. Like I said were just starting the research process and I don't even know if DH is going to go for it. I sure hope he does though. That or a miracle that we conceive by Gods grace. :)

hey Leslie! :wave:

Thanks for dropping in here. You've come to the right place! :thumbup: As I'm sure you're already aware, there are many many ladies here that are TTC and even conceived after VR's,with each circumstance being so different! Like you Hubby, mine had his cut and lazered and they were able to reattch both of his successfully after 8years, so there would certainly be no reason why it wouldnt work for you two. My hubby had his done at the BMI park hospital in Nottingham. It was the cheapest that we found and luckily quite local to us. It was performed by a Dr.Harriss who I must say is a legend! :thumbup: A link to his website is on the first page of this thread. There are many fantastic Dr's around the country that so many ladies on here would recommend. I know you're only in research stages, but go for it! :dance: xx good luck and keep us all posted on your journey!

Hi ladies,
OH and I are travelling up to Nottinhamg this afternoon. He has his SA at 9 tomorrow morning. Were both really worried but with all the great stories of the miracles (there really is no other word for it) about pregnancies on The clinics Facebook page, It helps somewhat. Hopefully I'll have a bfp this month anyway-it's our anniversary on Sunday and that's when AF us due too, so I'm hoping I can present OH with a ton of positive sticks lol
I'll let you know how we get on with the test.
Xx

Hi ladies,
OH and I are travelling up to Nottinhamg this afternoon. He has his SA at 9 tomorrow morning. Were both really worried but with all the great stories of the miracles (there really is no other word for it) about pregnancies on The clinics Facebook page, It helps somewhat. Hopefully I'll have a bfp this month anyway-it's our anniversary on Sunday and that's when AF us due too, so I'm hoping I can present OH with a ton of positive sticks lol
I'll let you know how we get on with the test.
Xx

Hey! :wave: ooh good luck with the SA :dance: remember numbers aren't everything!! So long as you have at least 1 :spermy: which is swimmiing in the right direction then you got yourself a way to get your BFP!! :thumbup: I follow his facebook page too, love all the successs stories on there! (I'm Vickie Dyer) xx

Hi everyone! :wave:

Just returned from long weekend visiting family, and due to the amount of people crammed in the house and all that, and being worn out from all the driving etc, we've had a rather badly-timed :sex: famine! Right in my fertile window. Boo! I suppose we could still get lucky, he'd better be up for it later !
:rofl:
xx

Hi everyone, can someone tell me what the longest period of time between vasectomy and reversal followed by successful pregnancy has been on this forum? My OH had his vasectomy nearly 30 years ago and is now 57 years old, we are considering a reversal. I know the chances of success deteriorate as time passes but would love to hear some success stories (if they're out there). Thank you xxxx

Hi everyone, can someone tell me what the longest period of time between vasectomy and reversal followed by successful pregnancy has been on this forum? My OH had his vasectomy nearly 30 years ago and is now 57 years old, we are considering a reversal. I know the chances of success deteriorate as time passes but would love to hear some success stories (if they're out there). Thank you xxxx

:wave: Hiya :)

The first page of this thread has a list of lots of us with time after our partners vasectomies they had the reversals and how long after that it took to get pregnant (for those that have).

This page https://malereproduction.com/vasectomy-reversal-introduction-2/common-myths-misconceptions/ states pregnancy statistics for time periods after reversals.

Obv it'll be individual, how healthy you both are, how well the reversal is performed, etc but not impossible at all :thumbup:

xx

hey there! :wave:
I seen success after varying years between Vasectomy and Reversal. here is a testimonial from my surgeons website, this was after 23 years between vasectomy and reversal.

June 2011 - 23 years after vasectomy and pregnant!

Hello to Dr Harris and his Team,

I am e-mailing to let you know that after performing a Vasectomy Reversal on my husband last June at the Park Hospital in Nottingham, one year on I am 33 weeks pregnant and our baby is due on the 18th August.
Even though it was explained that since the vasectomy had taken place more than 23 years earlier and that the chances of success were only approximately 20% we were still optimistic. After the operation, we decided not to have the sperm test, but let nature take it's course from there, if it was meant to be, it would be.
We are both extremely happy and are excited about the arrival of our tiny little miracle.
So thank you for your time and help and your exceptional technique; may you continue to be an enthusiastic and successful surgeon.

They were given a 20% success rate and were able to conceive within a year, as my hubby had his reversed after only 8years and his sperm analysis gave us only 4% and we conceived within 3months! So I would definitly recommend it, it's definitly worth a try! Good luck and I can't wait to hear what you decide to do!! :thumbup: xx

Thank you tallybee and live_in_hope, I will keep this thread on my subscribed list and update you if we come to the decision to have the reversal. This website is so good for sharing stories and experiences. Thank you for your advice :hugs: xxxx

No worries! :thumbup: glad you've found it useful and we really hope you choose to have the VR done!! :dance: keep us posted!! xx

Thank you tallybee and live_in_hope, I will keep this thread on my subscribed list and update you if we come to the decision to have the reversal. This website is so good for sharing stories and experiences. Thank you for your advice :hugs: xxxx

No probs! You are right about this being a good place to come, people on this thread and BnB as a whole are lovely and the support I've been able to get has been invaluable. It would be great to see you back whatever you decide

xx

:hi: ladies, how is everyone, havent been on for a few days due to the whole trying to keep my mind away from ttc, and it has worked a bit, i have absolutley no idea how many dpo i am as i stopped poas so i cant obsess over symptoms, i have gone back to working out daily so keeping myself nice and fit i did a 2.8 mile jog today and i feel great because of it :happydance: have started baking again too which DH and kids are loving as they get a different treat each day, im being really good and not eating any of them as much as its killing me when its chocolate cake lol i am trying very hard to make sure i drink at least 2 litres of water a day but it get so boring after a while does anyone know if it still counts if you put cordial in it?

:dust: to everyone

Hi girls,

I am just stopping in to share my vasectomy reversal drs website and patient testimonial page. My husbands VR doc was very good, and has done the procedure countless times, very experienced and one of the best priced VR docs around. I figured this information would be helpful to any ladies considering to do the procedure or wanting to read the inspirational comments and success stories... Here is the doc's website!!

https://www.vasreversals.com/testimonials.htm

Woohoo, OH had his SA test this morning, asked me to marry him this afternoon and we got a call this evening from Dr Harriss' secretary Bev to give us OH's results before she goes on leave :happydance:
11 years post vasectomy, 39 yrs old and 40million per mil with 45% swimming wooohoooo
I'm soo pleased :)
Oh and Vickie Dyer-I'm on fb as Pollyanna narna-Hutton Moore (don't ask) lol
See you on Dr Harriss' clinic page lol xxxx
:wohoo: :happydance: xx

woo!! :wohoo: congratulations!!! What a fab day you've had!! Amazing!! COngrats on your engagement and congrats on your fab SA results!! :thumbup: thats really great news!!
I've seen you alot too on Dr.Harriss' FB page too! I did wonder whether that maybe you that likes his posts too!! Hi! :wave:
I wish you all the best on getting your :bfp: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->