The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

How strange they're all in sync! But sorry the AF got you :( I've still got 6 days left until AF but already have the gut feeling that I'm out. I'm still on a diet and losing weight, so probably not the ideal time for my BFP anyhow.

It is odd isn't it!

From what I've heard even losing a little bit of weight can make a big difference to your fertility so FX!

xx

I have a confession to make - I started the diet on the celebrity slim plan but it wasn't shifting fast enough (works a treat for the first few weeks tho!) so I switched and now doing the Cambridge Diet so for this month and next month we'll not be trying for our BFP, the diet is 500 calories a day so really not healthy trying to get pregnant whilst on it. On the other hand, I started on Thursday morning, weighed myself this morning and have lost 7lb! I'd like to lose around 18-20lb in total so hopefully shouldn't take too long. I ALWAYS put on more than the "recommended weight" when pregnant and the thought of being 18lb overweight before I fall pregnant AND piling on a load more throughout pregnancy fills me with dread, not to mention making pregnancy higher risk.

Hopefully, this way, I'll have a healthier pregnancy when the time comes AND be healthier to boot.

Only 500 calories a day , no wonder it's falling off you.Good luck I couldn't do it.

@tally & Cjones..... I am so sorry the :witch: got you girls!!! :hugs: :hugs: Better luck to you for the next cycle!!!

Well i had some rather crappy news yesterday, i found out my ex husbands new wife has just given birth to a little girl!! Its now left to me to tell my sons that they have a little sister from the father that wants nothing to do with them, so effectively they have a sister they will probably never see. I just hope that one day soon i will be able to give them a brother or sister that they will see everyday and that will love them no matter what.

Well i had some rather crappy news yesterday, i found out my ex husbands new wife has just given birth to a little girl!! Its now left to me to tell my sons that they have a little sister from the father that wants nothing to do with them, so effectively they have a sister they will probably never see. I just hope that one day soon i will be able to give them a brother or sister that they will see everyday and that will love them no matter what.

:hugs::hugs:

Your boys will get a new baby brother or sister, it's just a matter of time x x

Huge :hug:

Sapphire is right hon it's just a matter of time till they get to have a baby brother or sister within your loving family unit.

It's horrible having to explain things to children because their biological 'father' can't be bothered to be in their lives, I know this too well :hugs: But all we can do is make them feel loved and wanted in our own family. They will appreciate that as they grow up.

:hugs:

Well I finally got OH to phone up again and not get fobbed off and actually find out about what happened with those non-results. Whoever took his sample read the bit that says 'Post Vasectomy Reversal' and somehow ignored the 'Reversal' bit, and thus sent it to Pathology rather than Reproductive Med. DURRR :dohh:

The person on the phone has apparently apologised and said to come back in and they will make sure it's done properly this time. A pain in the arse indeed, since he can't go back in without taking time off work, which he has already done a bit much lately because of various things.

He is therefore going to do it on the 29th before we set off on our little camping holiday as he has that Friday off already.

Well... he had been going to just sit with his fingers up his arse for another 3 months without finding anything out whatsoever so it's better than that! Honestly I do not get his logic a lot of the time. Although, he is trying to quit smoking at the moment - so I expect the grumps - but WTF is the point of just not bothering to get any information on his sperm? :shrug:

I swear without us lot, men would float about like farts in trances, never getting anywhere whatsoever!! :lol:

xx

@Cjones, I am sorry about the news, I know it is like salt in the wound when you are TTC and situations like this happen. :hugs: :hugs: Just try to hang in there hun, your turn is going to come very soon!!! :hugs:

@Tally, I am glad they rescheduled your OH for another SA, sorry it is such a pain though having to reschedule and get the time off for OH, but at least now you know what happened. I agree about the men in our lives, I sometimes find that my husband puts things off to the last minute and I have to nag him to death to get things done...LOL..:wacko:

I swear without us lot, men would float about like farts in trances, never getting anywhere whatsoever!! :lol:

xx

:rofl: You're so right! I had to nag DH for frigging ages to get a VR, and he's so glad he did now. Glad to hear they're doing the SA again properly this time.

Just being nosey, has anyone else on here got stepchildren? I've got a 14 year old SD, who's moving in with us in a few weeks - yikes! I'll be glad to have a ready made babysitter though :haha:

Hi yes I have 2 step sons live with us full time ( it's not just dads that run off and leave there kids). I m off for a
Internal scan tomorrow not looking forwards to it as AF terrible at mo.just to be sure I 'm functioning ok then maybe ivf??? Have been looking into IUI but our numbers just don't seem high enough.

Hi ladies! Wow... it is great to finally find a group of women who are going thru the same thing as my DH and I. DH had VR march 7th. I am currently on my 5th cycle ttc. Hoping that this month might just be the month!

Anyone have any quick tips that might help us out?

We are lh testing... cm tracking... sex every other day... using pre seed. I have ran out of ideas... other that bbt that just didn't seem to work the way it should have for me.

xx

:rofl: You're so right! I had to nag DH for frigging ages to get a VR, and he's so glad he did now. Glad to hear they're doing the SA again properly this time.

Just being nosey, has anyone else on here got stepchildren? I've got a 14 year old SD, who's moving in with us in a few weeks - yikes! I'll be glad to have a ready made babysitter though :haha:

I have 2 step children. Sarah who is 10 and Tyler who is 7. Your in for a treat if she hasn't lived with you before or if her mother is against you!

xx

I have 2 step children. Sarah who is 10 and Tyler who is 7. Your in for a treat if she hasn't lived with you before or if her mother is against you!

Yep!

I reckon with our men all having had those pesky Snips in the first place in all probability there will be a few steppies on here :)

OH's boys live with their mum and we don't see them as much as we would like because she is incredibly bitter. They are currently in Ireland for most of the summer hols and she's only joining them for the last 2 weeks, they're with her family there. They are 14 and 10.

If anyone fancies a look at the step parents support thread, the link is in my signature! We've been asking for an actual section for steppies but apparently there isn't enough interest (!) so netty started us a thread :thumbup:

Welcome to the group, ttcpostvr. Generally the best piece of advice I can give (but find it hard to follow :blush:) is try and relax, don't stress. A tall order I know, but it's 1000x worse with stress cos it messes up the cycle and makes you have false hopes!

xx

hi girls, just to update you, OH's doctors referral letter is being drafted as i speak :) then its all systems go for our VR consultation :dance: lets get this thing started! Xx

25th july is our VR consultation date!! Aaaahhhh! :dance: xxxx

@Jungle...Good luck, I hope the surgery goes great and that hubby has a speedy recovery with lots of :spermy: after!!! :thumbup:

xx

Yep!

I reckon with our men all having had those pesky Snips in the first place in all probability there will be a few steppies on here :)

OH's boys live with their mum and we don't see them as much as we would like because she is incredibly bitter. They are currently in Ireland for most of the summer hols and she's only joining them for the last 2 weeks, they're with her family there. They are 14 and 10.

If anyone fancies a look at the step parents support thread, the link is in my signature! We've been asking for an actual section for steppies but apparently there isn't enough interest (!) so netty started us a thread :thumbup:

xx

Yeah, I figured there'd be a few of us lurking about! Luckily SD's mum doesn't really cause problems for us, she was devastated when we had Holly though - guess she didn't see it coming!

Great news Jungleland - good luck! :happydance:

Good luck for your scan waitingmids, FX for you...

:wave: ttvpostvr - welcome! The only other things I did was make DH stop drinking, and take vitamins recommended by our surgeon. I'm pretty sure it was the preseed that helped us, I'm going to be stocking up on it...

Step-kids = fun fun fun! I discovered yet another £20 note missing from the purse just this evening. No point making a fuss, been there done that and obviously I'm just imagining things / neurotic.

*must remember to keep all valuables in the bedroom with the door locked*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->