The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi all :hugs: we had our VR consultation yesterday and I have a question for you girls if I may, we hav been offered the opportunity to hav an embryologist present at the VR to extract sperm during the op and freeze it in case the VR doesnt work and we need to look at other fertility treatment options in a few years. We're gettin the costs later today, has anyone else done this? Either way, we're definitely going ahead with the VR, prob around the end of August :dance: During the physical examination the consultant could feel both ends of the pipes on his right side, but only the top end on the left side,its been 27yrs since his original vasectomy Xxxx

Ah good to hear :)

Well the extraction thing was mentioned at OH's consultation, it would be with a view to trying IVF if the VR wasn't successful. However, they wanted to have us both in for consultations plus counselling (?) since effectively some of OH's fertility would be stored in their facility. The cost would have been bumped up A LOT. We decided against it as we wouldn't be able to afford the IVF in any case...It may not be the same at the place you're at though.

As for the examination thing, it seems that only being able to reconnect one side is fairly common and guys still get their ladies pregnant in those circumstances so not to worry :thumbup:

Hi all :hugs: we had our VR consultation yesterday and I have a question for you girls if I may, we hav been offered the opportunity to hav an embryologist present at the VR to extract sperm during the op and freeze it in case the VR doesnt work and we need to look at other fertility treatment options in a few years. We're gettin the costs later today, has anyone else done this? Either way, we're definitely going ahead with the VR, prob around the end of August :dance: During the physical examination the consultant could feel both ends of the pipes on his right side, but only the top end on the left side,its been 27yrs since his original vasectomy Xxxx

Well the extraction thing was mentioned at OH's consultation, it would be with a view to trying IVF if the VR wasn't successful. However, they wanted to have us both in for consultations plus counselling (?) since effectively some of OH's fertility would be stored in their facility. The cost would have been bumped up A LOT. We decided against it as we wouldn't be able to afford the IVF in any case...It may not be the same at the place you're at though.

As for the examination thing, it seems that only being able to reconnect one side is fairly common and guys still get their ladies pregnant in those circumstances so not to worry :thumbup:

Thank you Tally :hugs: we're speaking to the embryologist, the finance rep and the lady who manages the surgeons diary tomorrow so should know so much more by then :thumbup:

We'll probably be in the exact same position, having to work out whether we'd ever be able to afford IVF prior to making a decision.

:hugs:

It's all about hard decisions isn't it :hugs:

All the best xx

Hi :) I am 27 y/o and TTC after VR...DH had VR 6 years after original surgery and had 2 kids of his own. The surgery was June 14th and I have no idea what to expect! Sorry if I don't know all the acronyms at first...I'll catch on, though! I was very excited to find this site and others who are going through similar experiences! :flower:

Hi hun, with my personal experience i would advise the extraction... we were offered the same but refused with hope the VR would work but when OH had his SA in may he had NO sperm at all :cry: now we regret not having the extraction as it adds at least £1500 on to ICSI which is quite a big sum of money. Good luck for your hubbies op and fingers crossed all goes well x x

Lou he's going on Friday - he's been assured his sample will be sent to the right department for the correct analysis this time :dohh: FX! :hugs:

AustBugg welcome to the wags :) I hope you find the group as helpful and supportive as I have.
There is an acronym page here https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html although anyone will be happy to explain if you ask about any of our funny terms :thumbup:

xx

Great news Jungleland! We didn't get offered an extraction, but it seems like a good idea if you can afford it. Don't worry if they're only able to reconnect one side - my DH only had one side done and we have Holly as a result.

Welcome AustBugg :wave: and lots of :dust: to you!

:hugs: to all the wags having to deal with shitty exes too.

Hi :) I am 27 y/o and TTC after VR...DH had VR 6 years after original surgery and had 2 kids of his own. The surgery was June 14th and I have no idea what to expect! Sorry if I don't know all the acronyms at first...I'll catch on, though! I was very excited to find this site and others who are going through similar experiences! :flower:

Welcome to the VRWAGS! Your husband had his VR a week after mine - we're both new to TTC after VR!

Goodluck and babydust!

Hello and welcome to the group AustBugg! :wave:

You've come to the right place! The ladies are here are wonderful andthere'll be an answer to any question that you have!
Congrats on your Hubby having the VR, I wish you all the best and I shall look forward to sharing your journey with you! :thumbup: xx

Hi everyone

Sorry havent posted just been busy moving house etc

Have been reading up on info though but havent had time to post

No sign of a positive for me yet, still feeling down about whether it will actually happen after hubbies results

He is going to go in for another SA test in September 4 months after the first one to see whether that is any different

I have been feeling nauseous every morning since monday so much so Mon I had to put my hand over my mouth to stop the sick, lol sorry tmi, not sure whether I have had a bug as have never ever suffered with sickness

Got really tender breasts aswell, even hurts lying on them again never have before, have forgotten all about when am ovualting as have told hubbie if it is meant to be it will happen but on the approach of the witch, i always wonder if this will be my month

I am 9 dpo but am pretty sure it is my mind hoping... am trying to be postitive as it only takes one of those little tiny things, lol

Will keep you all updated, if anything appears or doesnt, lol whilst am in the nightmares of decorating lol

Much love and dust to you all

xxxxxxxxxx

:hugs:

I know, it's such a rollercoaster of emotions each month isn't it... :dust:

xx

Hi future mommies, I need some advice. I am on CD 41 and 17 DPO. I tested yesterday and got bfn. But every night for the past 4-5 nights or so I have been feeling nauseous and have a head ache. No sign of AF. No other symptoms. No sore bb's. I read online today that some people it has taken 8-10 weeks to get a positive hpt. Has anyone experienced this or known any one that has experienced this? I am going to wait a few more days, test again and if I still get a bfn, I will make an appointment with the dr's. Thanks in advance!

Thank you Tally :hugs: we're speaking to the embryologist, the finance rep and the lady who manages the surgeons diary tomorrow so should know so much more by then :thumbup:

We'll probably be in the exact same position, having to work out whether we'd ever be able to afford IVF prior to making a decision.

Hiya,

Thought I'd share what we've learnt over the past few days....

Costings for us are as follows -
£1996 for basic VR or
£1996 plus £350 (which includes consultation with me and OH with embroyologist a week before the op inc. blood tests for OH for hepatitis/HIV screening etc. it also includes the embryologist attending the VR, extracting sperm, filtering out the good swimmers and freezing them for 1 year) If they are unable to find sperm or good quality sperm, the fee is reduced to £250, but it doesn't necessarily mean the VR wont be a success
Ongoing costs thereafter for sperm storage would be £195 per year (up to a possible of 10 years), and the cost of fertility treatment using the frozen sperm would be -
£3585 for a round of ICSI or £1080 for a round of IUI

We've decided to go for it and we're booked in for the op on 30th Aug :wohoo: Fingers crossed they will be able to extract good :spermy: and freeze it but even more fingers crossed that we are able to conceive naturally afterwards, but at least we've got a bit of a back up plan :)

Hope this helps others in the same position, thank you all for your advice and support :hugs:
xxx

Oooh Jungleland, how exciting! That's only a month away as well!

xx

@jungle, good luck...I hope the VR is a success and goes well!!

I found this home sperm test kit for finding out motility and sperm count, i thought it might be helpful to us ladies trying to keep track of our OH's sperm counts... Check it out in the link....

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/spermtest.html

It looks pretty interesting if you look at the "details" info tab, it shows you how you can calculate numbers and stuff. I think i might seriously consider getting it!!! :thumbup:

Jungleland!! Thats fantastic!! And what great prices too!! I'd imagined it to be waaaayyyy more than that, I dont know why!! wow!! Some people have paid that just for the VR!! Where are you getting it done?
And so the countdown begins!!! Not long now!! :thumbup: xxx

I found out the date of the CONSULT which is now dated at october 25 :cry: So between then and Feb 25 will be the reversal. Weird cuz the baby I just lost was conceived feb 15 according to u/s. This will be weird if it fall to about the same conception dates, weird but almost comforting at the same time :flower:

My first was conceived mid-end of January 2001, with a due date of Sept 24, born october 6, then the next 2 were both conceived early october as their due dates were June 28 and July 4th :rofl: Then my angel was conceived feb 15 2011 due date of Nov 4. If he gets the VR by early january 2012... the possibility of another jan-feb conception. I guess my fertile times of year... jan/feb and sept/oct :rofl: :rofl:

Well update from me, still got really bad boobs, hurt walking down the stairs

Really hot, and I know its hot out but I am sat in my dining room with french doors open and I am boiling, really hot, not sure if sign or not

And clumps of cw discharge, trying not to hope but never had this before

No pain down there at all, no cramping nothing

am now 10dpo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe