The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hey Brookelynne! Welcome to our group! It sounds like you're off to a great start - I was 34 when my husband has his 13yr vasectomy reversed in June this year (I've since turned 35 :(). We've not had any official SA tests yet but we've had a quick look through the microscope and have seen moving spermies.

It's great that you're charting already and know your cycle!

Good luck and babydust Hun!!

Welcome to the thread Brookelynne

My husband had a VR in January 4 years after his original

We had a SA done in May where he had 16.3 Million but no Motility

We had another in Sept where Motility has increased to 11% but sperm down to 6.3, we are going to do another in 3 months as he held his sperm in storage so to speak, lol, rather than ejaculating every 2-3 days to see if it would make a difference, we have been told by the Infertility it would have the opposite effect and decrease his count!! So hence why we are going to go for another

I am still waiting for my BFP

Good Luck with TTC

Welcome brookelynne, its always nice to meet new people in our situation.
Hope everyone else is well.
Well its my sons 11th birthday today so i have a busy day ahead prepping food for a party later and making a cake its times like this i wish DH was home to help lol, made loads of cupcakes for him to take into school today for him and his class mates.
Still doing reall well with the maca still havent missed any lol ding dong the witch has gone so straight back to :sex: and start using my new toy....... (saliva ovulation tester)
:dust: to all xx

Hey Brokelynne! Welcome to the group. It sounds like you guys are doing a lot of the right things, to improve your chances!

Best of luck to you!

Ah, happy birthday to cjones DS! I'm sure he'll have a fab time with all the effort you're putting in :)

ababytogether, yea from what we've been told SAs can change A LOT, DH has been for a few and they vary. None have been all that good though :( I hope your hubby's next one is promising!

chattyB, I hope all these lunar things come together for you and give you a boost! FX!

I'm feeling SO crappy at the mo, proper head cold... possibly an ear infection coming on :hissy: Ay well more lemsip and hot water bottle for me then! :haha: At least I'm not a man though, I'd be claiming I was dying!!! :rofl:

All the best everyone, :dust:

Oh no! Hope you're feeling better soon Tally :hugs:

Happy birthday to your son CJ! Such a cool birthday to have! 11 on the 11.11.11!

:wave: Brookelynne, welcome to the group and good luck TTC!

That sounds promising Chatty, I hope the full moon does it for you! :D

Happy birthday mini CJ :cake: Hope he has a lovely day!

Hope you feel better soon Tally, being poorly sucks :hugs:

Ababytogether, try not to worry too much about your LP. I have had quite a few erratic cycles, I had a really short LP a couple of months ago. If you always have that problem, I'm sure there's plenty of things that can help.

when i had my cold i went to get some medicine and there is actually one called manflu i did have a chuckle when i saw it.

That's awesome!!!!!

If only we could have one for BFP!!

Guess what! I've been chatting to another B&Ber, she sounds lovely and we're possibly going to arrange to meet for a coffee. She's TTC #6 ..... Post VR!!! What a woman! I hope we'll all be that lucky (Sapphires 1/3 of the way there hahaha)

It gives me hope that one day it'll be my turn .... Perhaps not with 6 mind you, maybe 1 LOL

Hey Brookelynne! Welcome to our group! It sounds like you're off to a great start - I was 34 when my husband has his 13yr vasectomy reversed in June this year (I've since turned 35 :(). We've not had any official SA tests yet but we've had a quick look through the microscope and have seen moving spermies.

It's great that you're charting already and know your cycle!

Good luck and babydust Hun!!

Nice to meet you ChattyB, looks like we have a similar timeline in common- awesome!

We don't get tested til January (ugh, dying to know) but I have noticed his ejaculate is now white, rather than clear. So I'm taking that as a good sign that things are progressing as they should. But it's so easy to speculate either way when you don't know....

This is only our first cycle but we're looking for every sign under the sun of being pg--- I have a feeling that when I do get my period on Monday or Tuesday we'll both be crushed, even tho it's a tad unrealistic to think we got pg on the first go:dohh:

Welcome to the thread Brookelynne

My husband had a VR in January 4 years after his original

We had a SA done in May where he had 16.3 Million but no Motility

We had another in Sept where Motility has increased to 11% but sperm down to 6.3, we are going to do another in 3 months as he held his sperm in storage so to speak, lol, rather than ejaculating every 2-3 days to see if it would make a difference, we have been told by the Infertility it would have the opposite effect and decrease his count!! So hence why we are going to go for another

I am still waiting for my BFP

Good Luck with TTC

We wait every 2 days-- good to know waiting any longer than that doesn't help!

Good luck!!

Goodluck Brookelynne! It's always hard when the witch gets you but just have to stay positive and carry on - there's always next month!

Hubby and I have (at the moment) decided not to do official SA's .... It puts so much pressure on and IMO isn't that necessary - we KNOW that the VR was a success as we've seen for ourselves, forward moving spermies. It only takes one. There are countless stories of very low sperm counts resulting in pregnancy, likewise mega high sperm counts with an unexplained infertility. It'll just be one more thing for us to stress out about!

I'm going on the assumption that hubby has a low sperm count (very common in post VR) and we're treating it with supplements (vitamins, maca, CoQ10 ... Looking into L-arginine too!). If we have no luck by this time next year, we'll possibly look into IUI.

I hope your BFP arrives quickly!

I think i saw that manflu in sainsburys but it was when we were on holiday lol i havent looked for it since. Might have to have a look next time i go shopping. How did everyone get to have another SA test done? when my DH went back to his DR about another test they said they couldnt do it unless it was a referal :-( we wanted one done a 6 months to see if there was any change.

My hubby went to the doctor and asked for another SA and they let him do one..didnt even question it

My ob gyn said she would order my dh one! Try that! Maybe just a phone call will do!

Aw, that sounds nice Chatty, I love meeting fellow BnBers! It's a shame we don't all live nearer to each other, a VR wags meetup would be great :)

How's everyone today?? I'm wondering if I Ovd a day later than I first thought (Friday, not Thursday). FF hasn't given me crosshairs yet so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I *think* I'm 2dpo today .... I hate this part of the 2ww! I feel so redundant! No symptoms to spot, no baby making BD - just a long wait for those lines to start or crush your hopes :(. Ggrrrr! So frustrated today!!

:hugs: Chatty, hope you have a speedy 2WW, and get your bfp at the end of it.

Well I gotta say, I feel a little silly right now. From reading these boards I take it it's super common to think you're pg during every 2 ww, even if it is the first go-round. I consider myself a pretty rational person and prior to us having the surgery I promised myself I wouldn't take it seriously until about 3 months in, when the sperm would more likely be a-hoppin'.

But DH and I were CONVINCED we were pg during our 2 WW. For some reason my body decided to play along, too and handed up a nice set of classic signs: nausea, tender breasts, fatigue, runny nose/congestion, light cramping, etc. All week we've been living in our own little cloud, imagining a life growing inside and picturing my pregnancy.

But this is our first cycle! Getting pg on our first try after VR is statistically impossible!

I won't officially get my period til Monday or Tuesday but after living in our own little cloud for a week (ovulated Nov 02- he had surgery Oct 4) I finally let go of the dream a bit last night. I had a glass of wine while I read.

I also realized the fatigue was due to cutting out the last little bit of coffee I'd been letting myself have.... so, gonna have a cup!

:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->