The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

I spent every 2WW thinking I was pregnant. The times I was, I didn't feel it :wacko: It's the hormones, sends you crazy! You never know, you might get lucky this month - I'm sure there must be someone somewhere who has gotten pregnant in the first month after VR!

Well I gotta say, I feel a little silly right now. From reading these boards I take it it's super common to think you're pg during every 2 ww, even if it is the first go-round. I consider myself a pretty rational person and prior to us having the surgery I promised myself I wouldn't take it seriously until about 3 months in, when the sperm would more likely be a-hoppin'.

But DH and I were CONVINCED we were pg during our 2 WW. For some reason my body decided to play along, too and handed up a nice set of classic signs: nausea, tender breasts, fatigue, runny nose/congestion, light cramping, etc. All week we've been living in our own little cloud, imagining a life growing inside and picturing my pregnancy.

But this is our first cycle! Getting pg on our first try after VR is statistically impossible!

I won't officially get my period til Monday or Tuesday but after living in our own little cloud for a week (ovulated Nov 02- he had surgery Oct 4) I finally let go of the dream a bit last night. I had a glass of wine while I read.

I also realized the fatigue was due to cutting out the last little bit of coffee I'd been letting myself have.... so, gonna have a cup!

:coffee:

It is def possible to get pg the first month.
and it is not uncommon to feel the way you do.
for dh and I... baby making spermies sex for the first time was so invigorating. It was sooo special to know that there was a possibility of pregnancy.
you are and probably will feel like the majority of us feel each month.
enjoy it though... each month is special and will bring you and dh a little closer!
I've read where vr wives have conceieved first month up the to 3 years later!

One thing that really helped us was knowing that there were actually healthy sperm.
may sound creepy but we bought a kit from chea-pregnancy-tests.com that cost 75 dollars and you can test twice. It steps you thru step by step how to analyze his sperm. When I focused dh :sperm: on the slide and saw all of them for the first time it brought tears to both of our eyes... it worked! It was so much better than a lab doing it! I compare the difference in feeling like this... at your first baby ultrasound.... if they didn't let you see the monitor and sent you home for a week for the results it would SUCK and be so much less meaningful.
anyway, if you can get past the somewhat weird factor of doing this IT IS SOOO WORTH IT!

Welcome to this thread! I hope that helps!

P.s. this is our 10th cycle. Im due to start on the 21st and im 7 dpo! Using our 1st cycle of clomid!!! No symptoms so far... which I usually do by now.

:hugs:

Hi girls,

I have missed chatting with all of you lovely ladies since I vowed to spend less time on B&B and decided I was going to take a little break. I am in my 2WW now and me and DH managed to get in a decent amount of :sex: while I was ovulationg and this cycle I took 50mg of clomid on CD 3- 7 and I am taking progeterone supplements now to in case the reason that I was getting all of those positive IC's was because I was having chemicals. I am still hoping that since it is the second month after my HSG, which could of opened up my one open tube and that could get me lucky and get my BFP. :thumbup: Although I am promising not to obsess to much this cycle, or get my hopes up to high and trying my hardest not to test early this month either, and limit my time on the website if I can...:blush: I did have a short period of positive OPK's this cycle though, I only got a positive OPK for one day and all of my other cycles I have always gotten 3 days of positive OPKs, so I felt like i had a shorter fertile window, but luckly me and DH timed our :sex: right this month. I am also having mega strong OV cramps today, so bad that I had to take tylenol and was having some discomfort during :sex: this morning. So I am not sure how this cycle is going to pan out for me since some things were weird this month....:shrug:

I was doing good on my diet until I got sick about 3 days ago, I have had soar throat, aches, stuffed up nose and head cold, so my diet went out the window for the last few days. But, I stll managed to get in some :sex: when i was ovulating despite being sick...LOL:blush: So my weekend was super boring because I was sick the entire time and I was trying to take it easy... Blah.... DH & me did rent Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows which was an alright movie, alot better than the Part 1 movie that was before this one. It was worth watching though if you like Harry Potter...:thumbup:

@Brookelynne, Welcome to the VR Wags, and good luck and baby dust to you in your 2WW!!!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/welcome-12.jpg

clare79
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi everyone af was due yesterday and hasnt shown. I've done a test this morning though and it was negative could I still be possible pregnant but it's not showing yet?
How is everyone?

clare79
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Hi everyone af was due yesterday and hasnt shown. I've done a test this morning though and it was negative could I still be possible pregnant but it's not showing yet?
How is everyone?

@claire79 - you're not out until the witch shows! It could be that you're too early for a test to show positive or it could be that you ov'd slightly later this cycle? GL huni!

@brookelynne - We did the same ... Not trying, not preventing for the first 3 months. It didn't stop me hoping that every TWW since the reversal would result in a BFP tho! We've been properly trying since September. Your body tends to play tricks on you in the TWW but I'm pretty sure we all get pregnancy symptoms ... We just notice them more when we're trying for a baby!

@wannabe - hey! You're back!! We've missed you hun! I've got everything crossed that the clomid and progesterone will give you a sticky bean this time :hugs:

@TTCpostVR - totally agree with the home SA! Hubby and I were the same. We were ecstatic when we saw the lil swimmers through our microscope. There's something awesome about BDing after a VR and I'm frequently lying there after thinking "was this the one that's gonna make me pregnant?". I almost feel guilty about BDing out of my fertile period, thinking of all those excited little spermies that are gonna die needlessly hahaha (can't believe I just admitted that!!)

@Sapphire - how's you Hun? Are you keeping our special VRwags bean cosy and warm? I hope you're taking it easy and looking after yourself. :hugs:

Well, as I suspected, I Ovd on the Friday YAY! I'd been worried that I'd missed it as hubby wasn't home until Thursday night. I'm still in the game!. 3dpo and feeling a little better than yesterday ... Whining and complaining wont bring a BFP closer eh? I'm going to assume that there's no BFP for me this month until proven otherwise. I'm waiting for my maca and CoQ10 to be delivered, hubby will start immediately, I'll start when (if) AF arrives.

Hope everyone else is fine!

Babydust ladies!

Hey wannabe, nice to have you back. Sounding promising hun, sending lots of :dust: your way!

Clare, like Chatty said, you're not out til AF shows. Some people don't get a bfp until a few days after AF was due, or even later in some cases. Good luck!

Well, I had some more bleeding last night so rang the hospital, who have booked me in for an early scan tomorrow. Am v. nervous!

trying not to SS this month but i just cant ignore the mild cramps for two days now!

i hope you ladies have a fabulous day!

Hi girls,

I have missed chatting with all of you lovely ladies since I vowed to spend less time on B&B and decided I was going to take a little break. I am in my 2WW now and me and DH managed to get in a decent amount of :sex: while I was ovulationg and this cycle I took 50mg of clomid on CD 3- 7 and I am taking progeterone supplements now to in case the reason that I was getting all of those positive IC's was because I was having chemicals. I am still hoping that since it is the second month after my HSG, which could of opened up my one open tube and that could get me lucky and get my BFP. :thumbup: Although I am promising not to obsess to much this cycle, or get my hopes up to high and trying my hardest not to test early this month either, and limit my time on the website if I can...:blush: I did have a short period of positive OPK's this cycle though, I only got a positive OPK for one day and all of my other cycles I have always gotten 3 days of positive OPKs, so I felt like i had a shorter fertile window, but luckly me and DH timed our :sex: right this month. I am also having mega strong OV cramps today, so bad that I had to take tylenol and was having some discomfort during :sex: this morning. So I am not sure how this cycle is going to pan out for me since some things were weird this month....:shrug:

I was doing good on my diet until I got sick about 3 days ago, I have had soar throat, aches, stuffed up nose and head cold, so my diet went out the window for the last few days. But, I stll managed to get in some :sex: when i was ovulating despite being sick...LOL:blush: So my weekend was super boring because I was sick the entire time and I was trying to take it easy... Blah.... DH & me did rent Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows which was an alright movie, alot better than the Part 1 movie that was before this one. It was worth watching though if you like Harry Potter...:thumbup:

@Brookelynne, Welcome to the VR Wags, and good luck and baby dust to you in your 2WW!!!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/welcome-12.jpg

good luck i hope you get your bfp this month. sending lots of :dust:to you

chatty and sapphire thank you for your posts girls.. however af has shown about 20 mins ago, ive had a cry, i really thought this was my month..
but i know ive got to think positive and im thinking of using the opk next time, i will still bd every other day but will just use them for guidance and do extra bd around the time i o..
can anyone reccommend a good one??

sapphire
im sure everything will be fine hunni, when i was pregnant with my youngest i bled a bit and i had a scan and they said it was just implantation bleeding and it happened around 9 weeks pregnant.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow sapphire let us know how you get on.
clare, most people say that clearblue ov tests are the best, i havent tried them but most people swear by them, i did use cheap ones for a time but they were rubbish,this month i am using a saliva ovulation test, its a little microscope you put a bit of your saliva on there and when you ovulate it looks very different, i have been checking everyday since af left but im not due to ovulate until about friday, i will let you know if i see the change in it, i got it coz i thought if it works it would work out cheaper than buying tests every month, the microscope cost me £10 and it is reusable as many times as you need.

Hi all :)

Sapphire I hope things are ok, and that your scan shows no problems. It seems some bleeding isn't unusual and things can be fine. :hugs:

Clare, as for OPKs, they're a bit expensive but if you don't mind that the clear blue digital ones are brilliant, as they eliminate the part where you have to peer at lines to gauge which one's darker. You get a smiley face if you're peaking and a circle if not. Easy!

xx

cjones thankyou i will give those ones a try, ive just been reading on the net that you should start testing about 10 days after af. im going to use the preseed and softcups too. dh goes for sa testing on wednesday. so we will see some little swimmers then:) hopefully good strong swimmers

:hugs: hope you're ok sapphire. Im sure the scan will be fine and this is just a repeat of what happened with Holly. I'll be thinking of you huni.

CJ - let us know how you get on with the microscope! I'm intrigued!

Claire - I'm sorry the witch got you Hun :hugs: I know how devastating it is when you're convinced you're pregnant and AF arrives :(. I use a clear blue fertility monitor, they're quite pricey but you can pick them up on eBay much cheaper. I also use IC OPKs in the early evening around Ov time but mine are NEVER clear enough to call a positive. I've been known to also use cb smiley ones but these can get expensive if you have a POAS addiction!

i have been reading about maca too, where is the best to buy it and does anyone know how many a day we need to take???

I got mine from eBay (notice a common theme with me? ;) ). I'll start after AF. It can't hurt and might help. It's apparently great for libido too!

I got mine from eBay (notice a common theme with me? ;) ). I'll start after AF. It can't hurt and might help. It's apparently great for libido too!

lol im goinng to look on ebay later for opks..
are they tablet form?? how many do you have to take?
they are different makes of maca to help with different things isnt there??

I will of course let you know how i get on with the ovulation scope. i also got my maca from ebay i started taking it when af arrived and have been taking 2000mg a day since, i can vouch for the increased sex drive :happydance: maca really does work, not just for us but for the men lol tmi but DH woke me up at 2am saturday morning for :sex: usually i would have kicked his ass for waking me up but i was just as excited as him lol, DH is having the time of his life this cycle. I have also got back on the b6 this cycle, i stopped taking when it made af late a few months ago but thought i would give it another go this cycle just incase also have got DH back on fertileman and im back on the pre natal vits, i feel like im going to start rattling soon with all these pills inside me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->