The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

I'm afraid I don't have good news. They weren't able to locate a pregnancy despite an internal scan. It is probably a miscarriage, but they aren't able to rule out an ectopic. I have had my bloods taken to check my HCG levels, and have to go back to hospital on Thursday for repeat bloods. Thanks for your wishes, I love you girls :D

Awwwwwww... Oh no hun....I am so very sorry that the news wasnt good hun....I am sending out huge hugs to you.....:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/1462540spyrni064k-1.gif

Thank you ladies :hugs:

I'm hoping it won't be too long before I get back in the TTC saddle again!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:im sooo sorry sapphire, it might be too early to tell yet..

ive got bad news too ladies, :cry::cry::cry::cry: been for hubbys sa tests this morning and after only 5 months he not making any sperm anymore, they were all dead:cry:
looks like we will never have a vr baby

oh no clare thats awful news, is there any chance of that changing or is there anything he can take to help. was that your first SA?

:hugs: I'm sorry huni :(

On a positive note - there was sperm detected, so the tubes are still open. Maybe supplements would help? There could be a simple explanation ie, the sample being analysed too late? Is there anyway of finding out what time the sample was analysed? Did they provide a count? Sperm can only survive a short period of time outside the body - an SA is just a snapshot of what's going on at that particular moment.

Maybe wait a few months and repeat the sample?

:hugs:

oh no clare thats awful news, is there any chance of that changing or is there anything he can take to help. was that your first SA?[/QUOTE

he had first sa test in august and it was very good, however with me not falling pregnant we wanted to have another look. we produced the sample at 9.15 this morning and he looked at it at 9.25.. we live 5 mins from the hospital and he looks at it while we were there. we seen it on the screen too.
surgeon said what has happened is that scar tissue has occured and the sperm are struggling to leave the tubes and are dying on way out. there is nothing we can do..

On a positive note - there was sperm detected, so the tubes are still open. Maybe supplements would help? There could be a simple explanation ie, the sample being analysed too late? Is there anyway of finding out what time the sample was analysed? Did they provide a count? Sperm can only survive a short period of time outside the body - an SA is just a snapshot of what's going on at that particular moment.

they were dead sperm present.. scar tissue is blocking the tubes:( so there is nothing we can do.. i asked if there was any supplements to take and there isnt..

Oh dear :-( im so sorry. what were his results back in august? the reason i ask is because my DH had pretty good results when we had SA back in June, but i have not managed to get pregnant either but DH dr wouldnt let us have a second SA.
I really am sorry :hugs:

:hugs: so sorry hun.

Is it worth having a look into ICSI? There's a procedure where they can extract live sperm directly from the testical and then inject straight into an egg. It might be a way of still having a baby.

I'm afraid I don't have good news. They weren't able to locate a pregnancy despite an internal scan. It is probably a miscarriage, but they aren't able to rule out an ectopic. I have had my bloods taken to check my HCG levels, and have to go back to hospital on Thursday for repeat bloods. Thanks for your wishes, I love you girls :D

So, so sorry Sapphire. I've been going back and reading everyone's posts over time and I feel like I know everyone better now, including you, and I am sorry to hear the news for you.

Stay strong (you are very strong), B

they were dead sperm present.. scar tissue is blocking the tubes:( so there is nothing we can do.. i asked if there was any supplements to take and there isnt..

Ahhh, so difficult. We put all our hopes and dreams into the surgery, it's devastating to hear about those times when it just doesn't work. I am so sorry to hear that getting pg via vr isn't going to be an option for you and hubby. Sounds like you might be looking into IVF?

#1- I'm late by two days for my .pd and I'm usually 24-25 days, like clockwork, today is day 26. This is our first cycle after VR. It's statistically impossible that we'd be pregnant. Not having my .pd and having 2 inconclusive tests (among 9 negs) is confusing. My rational side says: B- you're not pg. My heart says: please? please? can it be?

#2- took a test monday night. The control showed up as a faint purple line, and the test line showed up as a faint purple cloud. (2 lines = pg, 1 line = not), had a flutter of hope because it was so ambiguous. Took a test last night, BFN.

#3- Get on the horn with my sister last night. We don't talk much because well, her life's a mess. She's 32, in and out of rehab, 2 kids (who I have tried to get custody of) and an on again/off again meth addict husband who is currently in rehab and so manic that he's convinced he's seeing prophesies in the bible... (my poor little niece and nephew). 3 years ago she told everyone in the family she had ovarian cancer and that she was having chemo and a total hysterectomy (sounds awful but most of us didn't believe her or weren't sure what to believe due to her history of being dishonest and stealing). Flash forward to last night----- she tells me she's pg. With twins.

FML. And talk about statistically impossible miracle pregnancies..... :growlmad:

Because she's so manipulative she even hints at giving the twins to me and DH..... She wouldn't, nor will she let me take the kids she has, even though that would be the best thing and I would take her two. Or if she is indeed pg, all four, in a heart beat.

Don't know how to feel but have to wonder why the universe makes it so easy for some people to have babies. And why is it that those people are often the last people who should be having them?

((thoughts and prayers to my niece and nephew))

:hugs: so sorry hun.

Is it worth having a look into ICSI? There's a procedure where they can extract live sperm directly from the testical and then inject straight into an egg. It might be a way of still having a baby.

@Clare, I am so very sorry about the bad SA results.... I am sending huge hugs your way hun.....:hugs: :hugs:

I also thought of the same option as chatty when I read your post, where they surgically remove the sperm from the man's testicles and perform ICSI, and than implant the embryo through IVF. I have found articles online about the procedure so it is definatly worth researching and considering. Another option would be to redo the reversal again again maybe?? Although you may want to see what a surgeon thinks about that and if he feels it will be worth the additional surgery and pain to your OH. Again, I am so sorry hun,:hugs: This is very difficult news to take when we all have high hopes after our OH's get their VR's. :hugs: :hugs:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/00da053th19.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/2c6e008eb9ad2ac117edf7ern6.gif

:hugs: sapphire, so sorry the scan didn't yield better news... massive hugs to you. You know we are all here if you need us :hugs:

Clare sorry to hear the SA wasn't good :( Like has been mentioned there are other options - we'd have gone for ICSI if it wasn't so expensive :( But yeh SAs can change so dramatically... you never know what'll happen next!

Brookelynne, OMG your sister sounds like a right stress :hugs: How horrible to lie about such massive things. Do you think she's telling the truth about the pregnancy? :hugs: Our times will come hon :hugs:

How upsetting for you Brookelynne! Your poor niece and nephew :(. Do you think your sister IS pregnant? Or playing games?. I can't imagine how hard it is for you and your family :(

Keeping you all in my thoughts xxx

@Brookelynne, I am so sorry about the BFN's..:hugs: I really hope your AF is late because you are pregnant and it is just taking a little longer to show up on a HPT. I know alot of women dont get a positive HPT until they are a few weeks late. Good luck and baby dust to you hun.... :dust: :dust::dust:

I am so sorry about the problems you are having with your sister and her drug addiction. That is to bad that your niece and nephew have to suffer because of their mother's mistakes and that she isnt willing to do the right thing with her children and give them to someone like yourself that will be better able to take care of the children. Than the fact that she is pregnant on top of everything else is like a slap in the face to you I am sure, since she is obviously not suited to have anymore children and the fact that she is trying to use her pregnancy to manipuate you and your OH is sad really. I am so sorry that you are dealing with this, I hope and pray that things work out for the best for everyone involved. :hugs: :hugs: The problem that your sister isnt thinking of is if she doesnt clean up her act than her kids can be taken away from her by child protective services, if they feel the children are unsafe and that she is an unfit mother, and in that scenario she wont have any say in the matter, i think she needs to keep this in mind...:growlmad:

I also get angry when I see other people having children that so dont deserve it, people that are on drugs, or that sleep around with lots of different men, they pop out kids like it is a sporting event. All you need to do is turn it on Maury. I have come to the conclusion that life just isnt fair, and that a women's fertility has nothing to do with her worthyness to actually be a mother... It is to bad that having children isnt based on your worthyness to have children and ability to take care of them, the world would be better off if it was.... again, I am so sorry hun... i am sure that your sister's situation is taking a huge toll on everyone in your family and is very difficult for everyone involved. :hugs: I really hope that somehow things can get better....:hugs:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/FLowersNButterflies255FBIGHUGS.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->