The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

hi all, we went for sa tests yesterday and the outcome was the same as before, no sperm present :( absoloutely gutted..
we have 2 options now, option 1 have a re-do vr.... it will cost us £2495 and not sure if agagin after a couple of months it will close
option 2 ivf.. ive looked into this and can have free ivf if i donate eggs.. we do however will have to pay for dh to have surgical sperm retrival and the cost would be £1463.. im totally torn over wat to do.. would love to be able to have vr re-do and try naturally however it scares me that scarring will occur quickly and then will be back here again,. the ivf option scare me too as i know i only have 1 chance to get pregnant..
what do you think girls????

I am so sorry that SA results didnt improve since last time... Big hugs to you hun!!!:hugs::hugs:

As far as what you guys should do it is ultimately your decision, and I would suggest you weigh the pros and cons of both scenarios. Either way the other choice will always still be a second option for the two of you regardless of which option you want to try first. I personally think my age would have an effect on the choice I made, Do the two of you feel like you have enough time to re-do the surgery and try again for a while? I know IVF is a big step, but I think the success rates are pretty good for the most part if you guys decide to go that route? Another questions is if you guys want to have more than one child in the future. If he reverses the VR again and it is a success it allows for you guys to try on your own more. Did your VR DR talk to you guys about what he felt like the odds of success were for the two of you if you redid it?? What is the VR DR's opinion on the amount of scarring he saw when he did the original surgery and if he feels it is worth putting DH through the pain of surgery again?? I wish I could offer more advice hun:hugs:. Best of luck to you with whatever choice you guys decide.

AFM, my dog is feeling much better today and is walking normal on her back paws again. Yesterday we were putting baby socks on her back paws when she would go outside to go potty, and to hold up the socks we put my stretchy hair ties around the tops, and me and DH were cracking up laughing at how funny she looked and was walking with those socks on.. LOL... But I am relived she is back to her old self today again!!! I think cleaning her back paws and putting on the vaseline helped alot!!

I just got done baking cupcakes for me and DH and they cam out super yummy!! They are vanilla cake with lemon frosting and sprinkles. Not exactly diet friendly but i made them with egg beaters and margarine instead of real butter, and low fat milk, and they still came out yummy and moist. I can tell that Dh likes them since he ate 3 already... :haha: :blush:

Here is a picture of my cupcakes...

DSC05975.jpg

I found this super easy recipe online if anyone wants to try it out, I made it the same way the website said except i used the healthier ingredients that I mentioned above and it came out nice and moist!! It was still delicous!!:thumbup: Just make sure you whip the butter and eggs together very good at first, I recommend melting the butter a little bit to soften it up and make it easier to mix....:winkwink: I ended up making two batches of the mix so I could have more cup cakes since one batch didnt make that many.

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-white-cake/detail.aspx

Tomorrow DH and me are going to go check out the Science museum. We havent ever been to this one before so I am looking forward to it. I always find these kinds of museums to be alot of fun....

Aw, I'm glad Oreo is feeling better. I bet she looks so funny! :haha: The cakes look yummy, I love lemon frosting :D Have fun at the science museum! I went to the one in London a couple of years ago, and it was really good - museums aren't usually my kind of thing, reminds me of boring school trips :blush:

Thank you to all for your kind words and advice. We have decided to go down the route of ivf. We only want one baby. I've got 3 and dh has kids to his ex all which are grown up now except for the youngest she is 16. We have an appointment in february to see ivf docs. I've been reading about vr redos and I don't think our chances of it are good as my dh heals very good. Too good. We can do ivf with surgical sperm retrieval for about £1400 and I can also help someone else to have a baby too :) xx

I hope and pray that the IVF works for you Clare. You'll keep us updated won't you :D

I hope and pray that the IVF works for you Clare. You'll keep us updated won't you :D

I will do sapphire. And thank you. Fx'ed we all get our bfp this year. Just got all the paper to fill in for the clinic today.

Thank you to all for your kind words and advice. We have decided to go down the route of ivf. We only want one baby. I've got 3 and dh has kids to his ex all which are grown up now except for the youngest she is 16. We have an appointment in february to see ivf docs. I've been reading about vr redos and I don't think our chances of it are good as my dh heals very good. Too good. We can do ivf with surgical sperm retrieval for about £1400 and I can also help someone else to have a baby too :) xx

Good luck to you clare!!! :hugs:I am glad you guys have made a decision and I think this sounds like the best option for you based on the circumstances!!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/good-luck-7.gif

Clare sorry to hear about your sa. I would def go for ivf, Infact I've kind of accepted that it will be our only option. Just got to save for it now!! Please keep us posted as I'd be really keen to hear your experience of your ivf journey. Best of luck to you both!!
Claire xx

Good luck Clare! I hope the ivf works first time for you!!!
wannabe.. those cupcakes look scrumptuous!!!!
afm.. dh is still in pain but getting better.. we're on day 5 now.. the recovery has been a lot worse than the v but he's on the mend now.. he says it hurts more on one side than the other, not sure what that means.. i'm just happy its over, what a relief!

xxx

Hey ladies i just wanted to update you all i took a hpt today and got my faint BFP!!! This was my 6th cycle trying o only thing different was knowing when i ovulated by bbt and used soft cups and preseed. On the day i violated we bd three times with four hours inbetween bd. I'm just praying that i don't lose this baby!!! Baby dust to all of you!!!!!

Hey ladies i just wanted to update you all i took a hpt today and got my faint BFP!!! This was my 6th cycle trying o only thing different was knowing when i ovulated by bbt and used soft cups and preseed. On the day i violated we bd three times with four hours inbetween bd. I'm just praying that i don't lose this baby!!! Baby dust to all of you!!!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/55c65492-2.gif

Argghh!! :happydance: Super congrats Oodles! I'm betting it will be a sticky bean :D

I'm waiting for my preseed and softcups to arrive. Holly was a preseed baby so I thought I'd give it another try!

Ok so I tried out a new recipe tonight and it was delicous!! Jamican Beef Patties!! Me and DH buy alot of lean ground beef and get tired of making the same old thing with it so we tried out a new recipe and it was yummy, and came out golden brown!! I would love to try out some other fillings for the crust like chicken or an apple pie type filling, I think it would taste amazing!! i would highly recommend this recipe!!! My only suggestions would be to add double the amount of water to the doe mix and bake them for 25 minutes instead of the 30....

Here is a link to the recipe....

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/jamaican-beef-patties/detail.aspx
Here is a picture of the final product....:thumbup:

DSC05986.jpg

Ok so I tried out a new recipe tonight and it was delicous!! Jamican Beef Patties!! Me and DH buy alot of lean ground beef and get tired of making the same old thing with it so we tried out a new recipe and it was yummy, and came out golden brown!! I would love to try out some other fillings for the crust like chicken or an apple pie type filling, I think it would taste amazing!! i would highly recommend this recipe!!! My only suggestions would be to add double the amount of water to the doe mix and bake them for 25 minutes instead of the 30....

Here is a link to the recipe....

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/jamaican-beef-patties/detail.aspx
Here is a picture of the final product....:thumbup:

View attachment 325476

they look amazing!!

Congratulations oodles! That's amazing news Hun. I bet you're on cloud nine! Have a happy and healthy 9 months!

AFM, my dog is feeling much better today and is walking normal on her back paws again. Yesterday we were putting baby socks on her back paws when she would go outside to go potty, and to hold up the socks we put my stretchy hair ties around the tops, and me and DH were cracking up laughing at how funny she looked and was walking with those socks on.. LOL... But I am relived she is back to her old self today again!!! I think cleaning her back paws and putting on the vaseline helped alot!!

I just got done baking cupcakes for me and DH and they cam out super yummy!! They are vanilla cake with lemon frosting and sprinkles. Not exactly diet friendly but i made them with egg beaters and margarine instead of real butter, and low fat milk, and they still came out yummy and moist. I can tell that Dh likes them since he ate 3 already... :haha: :blush:

Here is a picture of my cupcakes...

View attachment 324788

I found this super easy recipe online if anyone wants to try it out, I made it the same way the website said except i used the healthier ingredients that I mentioned above and it came out nice and moist!! It was still delicous!!:thumbup: Just make sure you whip the butter and eggs together very good at first, I recommend melting the butter a little bit to soften it up and make it easier to mix....:winkwink: I ended up making two batches of the mix so I could have more cup cakes since one batch didnt make that many.

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-white-cake/detail.aspx

Tomorrow DH and me are going to go check out the Science museum. We havent ever been to this one before so I am looking forward to it. I always find these kinds of museums to be alot of fun....

I am so glad your dog's paws are healing!

Those cakes look fab :)

:hugs:

Best of luck with it hun. :dust:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats! So pleased for you :D

xxx

Clare sorry to hear about your sa. I would def go for ivf, Infact I've kind of accepted that it will be our only option. Just got to save for it now!! Please keep us posted as I'd be really keen to hear your experience of your ivf journey. Best of luck to you both!!
Claire xx

thank you cmo, im getting excited that hopefully sometime this year i will get a bfp.. my first appointment at clinic for blood tests and stuff to find out irf we are suitable to donate eggs is in feb.. when i spoke to them on phone last week they said if we accepted we looking around april time for egg collection:happydance:

congratulations to you both hun. keep us posted and happoy and healthy 9 months. xx

Best of luck for your appt in Feb Clare, will keep everything crossed for you x x

Those patties look yummy wannabe! I don't know if you have them in the US, but in England we have cornish pasties - they have steak, potato, onion and swede in them. They have shops dedicated to pasties, they do lots of other flavours too. They are delicious, but fattening :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->