The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

All this talk of shriveled purple slug penises and spooning watery liquid onto testicles is making me light headed!!! Sapphire and noodles.. Thanks for making me feel oh so much better! Not!! Less than 48 hours now ....
Yourstruly I heard dr Wilson was one of the best ones in the united states as well according to baby center boards.. Not sure about any in Canada though..
Wannabe... You go girl!!! Getting pregnant if a man even looks at you... Lol.. If only it were that easy!
And thanks ruby for the advice xx

:haha: Sorry waiting4vr! It is quite comical, and DH assured me that the bruising looks a lot worse than it feels.

:hugs: wannabe. Sorry you're feeling down. Try to think of when the surgery is over, and you can get your VR miracle baby.

I hope your talk with DH goes well yourstruly. I can't really help as DH had his VR in the UK, but it cost £3000. All I can say is do your research thoroughly, my research definitely paid off. I picked our surgeon due to his success rather than the price - he's one of the more expensive surgeons in the UK. You also need to bear in mind that even a successful reversal only has a 50% chance of a pregnancy, and that can depend on many factors. Good luck hun x x

Okay, so just got home from the fertility DR's and had the saline sonohysterography. It wasnt to bad, DH was able to be in the room with me. They also had a student nurse observing the process along with the DR and nurse that was assisting, so it was like 3 people looking at my junk and DH in the room as well. I asked DH after if he felt awkward and of course he did, LOL, but I was thankful he was there to support me and take away some ofmy fears. The worst part was when the DR was trying to find the right size speculum and had to change it to a smaller one and than had to switch the size catherter to a smaller one that was used to fill up my uterus with the saline solution. It was like a dull unpleasant cramping well they were doing this part and than i felt like I needed to pee. The cramps were like long unpleasant AF type cramps that just went on for a while and I did say ouch a few times, but it was alot less painful than the HSG was. Once she had the saline solution in and was done filling the uterus with saline the pain almost all went away. They used the dildo cam wand thing to do an ultrasound once my uterus was filled with saline.

So the DR saw the bump on the side of my uterus that showed up on the HSG X-ray and confirmed that it was a fibroid and she didnt seem to think it was going to be a problem, But she discovered a new problem, a polyp which is causing blockage and is definatly of concern on the inside of my uterus as well. She showed me on the computer screen and on a printed up picture of the sonogram as well. I am having some light spotting with pink and light brown blood after the procedure with some like chunky pieces of tissue type discharge as well, and I have on a pad on now. I have a little bit of cramping after the procedure but it isnt anything that I am not used to and is minimal.

So after the procedure was done DH and me met with the DR in an office to discuss our options. The DR wants me to have a hysteroscopy to have the polyp surgically removed and offered me the option to do a laparoscopy at the same time to try to reopen the one tube of mine that might possibly be blocked, which we discovered previously during my HSG. I will have to be sedated and under anethesia for both procedures.

The hysteroscopy is less invasive and has a quicker recovery time though, they can just go in through the cervix and into the uterus to cut away the polyp. If I do the laparascopy than I have to have incisions cut into my belly and it will be a longer recovery time, but it could unblock my other tube. I am undecided if I want to do the laparascopy at this time because I know it will be a more painful recovery, and I also know that i can still do the IUI with only one open tube, so it is not a necessary thing, But at the same time I know if I have 2 open tubes it will increase my chances of getting pregnant. So, I have a couple of things to think about, like how much will our out of pocket cost be after my insurance pays so I have to figure out how and when we would be able to afford one of the procedures or both of them.

I also am not thrilled with going through with the laparascopy since I dont know for sure if my one tube is blocked or not, or if it just spasmed during the HSG and that was why the dye didnt go through. I am not sure if there is a less invasive way to verify if the one tube is blocked for sure or not before I go and cut into my belly for this procedure or not??

So long story short, I am upset with the results because the thought of surgery is pretty scary. I am also shocked to know that all of this time me and DH have been TTC month after month to find out that our efforts were pointless because this polyp is causing a blockage in my uterus, so all of my tears and heart ache month after month were in vain. :cry: Than trying to be able to afford the surgery will push back our ability to have the IUI because the $$ we would of used to pay for that will most likely get eaten up by the costs of my surgery so now I am going to have to wait even longer.... sigh.. this is not the news I was hoping for girls....:cry:

Well at least I know what we need to do next, but I am trying to rap my head around the news that i just got still and psych myself up for surgery...ugghhhhhh....Blah....:wacko: I am not even gooing to worry about TTC now until I can do the surgery because it is pretty much pointless until than. So I guess I will be on a break from TTC for a while.... sigh....:nope:
thinking of you hun, miracles really do happen hun and im sure once you have had surgery you will get your vr baby..
i have had 3 c-sections, the first being a emergency one as she was stuck in my pelvis, very very painful. dont worry they will give you plenty of painkillers during and after surgery..xx

waiting forvr:: i can understand how you feeling this week, was the same when my dh was going for his.. however its also very exciting to know that very soon you can try for your vr baby :)
we going for sa test on thursday and im getting very erm nervous and keep hoping the ones we had before was just a blip..

Hi Clare :) how long since your vr and what were your previous results if u don't mind me asking? :)

Hi Clare :) how long since your vr and what were your previous results if u don't mind me asking? :)

hi, no i dont mind at all thats what we all done on here, share our experiences and keep each others spirts up:)
dh had his in june 2011. first sa tests in auguat 2011 were good, we had another one in november 2011 and it showed no live sperm present. they were either dead or dying. totally gutted as you can imagine but surgeon said could be just a bad day..
if thats the same again this thursday its likely scar tissue has blocked tubes and thats why sperm would be dying cos they fighting to get though.,

Oh, good luck Clare. I hope the results are better this time. Dr Dawson is a fab surgeon, I have every faith it was just a bad day :hugs:

Oh, good luck Clare. I hope the results are better this time. Dr Dawson is a fab surgeon, I have every faith it was just a bad day :hugs:

Thank you sapphire. How's things going with you? Are you ttc again? I know you had to wait to let drugs out your system. Xx

waiting forvr:: i can understand how you feeling this week, was the same when my dh was going for his.. however its also very exciting to know that very soon you can try for your vr baby :)
we going for sa test on thursday and im getting very erm nervous and keep hoping the ones we had before was just a blip..

Thank you for your kind words and support in your previous post!!!:flower: You are so sweet!!

Good luck with your next SA. I got everything crossed that this next one will show improved numbers!!!:hugs:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/luck15.gif

Today's OPK looks great of course..sigh...

DSC05957.jpg

Well of coourse now that i know how high the odds are against us I am not going to get my hopes up or anything this cycle and I am not going to test early now that I know how slim our chances are until I can get the surgery. I got upset after :sex: with DH lastnight and started crying :cry:because I wasnt feeling sexy and didnt enjoy the :sex: at all since my brain is stuck on thinking about what is wrong with me and trying to psych myself up for surgery, which is of course scary. But, I was thinking how once I complete the surgery that me and DH are still facing the problem of his low sperm count. It is another hurdle to overcome still. So it was making me upset because the surgery doesnt gurantee I will get pregnant after because of DH's problem...sigh... :nope:

DH wants me to go back to work and job hunt now but I know that when you are new at a job most work places arent going to want to give you time off to have surgery and than time off to recover when you are new to a job. Than I would need time off to do IUI after that. I just think I should focus on getting pregnant right now. Although I of course know if I was working and we had extra money coming in it would make paying for all of this stuff alot easier...

I am sorry if I am beating a dead horse and going on and on about my problems girls.. I hope I am not driving you guys crazy...I guess I am having a harder time than I thought I would coming to terms with all of this and than not getting depressed about it, and than my sex drive is gone, the only reason why I had sex lastnight was because I was ovulating and even though I know our chances are like 1 in a million right now, i think we should still have sex just in case.... Crazier things have happened I suppose, but i refuse to get my hopes up this month and i refuse to shed any tears when the :witch: comes at the end of the month... sigh....:growlmad:

Ok, so I was bored and tried out this website... I took DH & my picture to create what our future baby will look like by morphing them together on this website...

Here is a link to the site if anyone is bored and wants to try it out...

https://www.morphthing.com/blog/138-What-Will-My-Baby-Look-Like

here is a picture of what our baby girl and boy baby will look like, I am not sure why the one side of the face is indented in and what is up with the hairline, but for the most part it looks like our kid will be cute...:haha:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/baby2.jpg

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/baby-2.jpg

Haahahaha that looks like great fun! Might have to waste a few hours playing with that one!

AFM - 11dpo, BFN on FRER although ICs had a few promising looking lines (that I just don't trust!). BBs had been killing me but feel not so bad today, so I'm assuming my progesterone has dropped and the witch will be here as expected tomorrow or Wednesday. Ho hum :(. Roll on next cycle so we can start it all again!

How's everyone else doing?

Ok, so I was bored and tried out this website... I took DH & my picture to create what our future baby will look like by morphing them together on this website...

Here is a link to the site if anyone is bored and wants to try it out...

https://www.morphthing.com/blog/138-What-Will-My-Baby-Look-Like

here is a picture of what our baby girl and boy baby will look like, I am not sure why the one side of the face is indented in and what is up with the hairline, but for the most part it looks like our kid will be cute...:haha:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/baby2.jpg

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/baby-2.jpg

Okay so once again I am bored with too much time on my hands so I redid the morph baby making thing with 2 pictures of me and DH when we were little kids and this time I think the pictures came out much better in comparison to the first pictures I did.. :haha: Once again i think the baby looks super cute, even though i know this is all just for fun and not to be taken seriously...:blush:

baby girl picture...
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/babygirl-1.jpg

baby boy....
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/babyboy.jpg

Haahahaha that looks like great fun! Might have to waste a few hours playing with that one!

AFM - 11dpo, BFN on FRER although ICs had a few promising looking lines (that I just don't trust!). BBs had been killing me but feel not so bad today, so I'm assuming my progesterone has dropped and the witch will be here as expected tomorrow or Wednesday. Ho hum :(. Roll on next cycle so we can start it all again!

How's everyone else doing?

Good luck and baby dust to you hun!! Remember you aren't out until the :witch: shows!!! :dust: :dust:

Do you have any pictures of your HPT or do u have a thread going in the HPT gallery.. I would love to take a look at your tests so I can squint and stare at your HPT's with you...:haha::winkwink:

Awwwww Wannabe they are the cutest babies i have ever seen! You and Dh must be a very attractive couple! :hugs:

Hi all! :wave:

Sorry the witch got you again chatty!

wannabe, those are super-cute pics :) that site sounds like a fun way of killing time :lol:
I am sorry things are getting you down hon. You should never feel you need to apologise for having a moan on here, that's what this group is for :D

FX for you clare that those SA results are better :hugs:

Waiting4vr, woooh so exciting! I'm wishing all the best to you and your DH, I'm sure it will all go fine!

:dust:

Hey ladies i am 6 dpo today and this morning had a sharp pain in my uterus that lasted less than a minute now every now and then i get ome cramps but nothing major just noticeable. This has not happened to me before from what i recall so I'm wondering if maybe its implantation cramping or not...... have any of you lovely ladies ever experienced this and it turned out to be a pregnancy??

Dh has just been taken away for his op .. i felt so sad seeing him walk to theatre.. what a good man he is for doing this for me :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->