The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Chatty that programme for the 5k run is really good. I used it last year when I was going fitness daft before my wedding. There's also one for after that that trains you from a 5k up to a 10k run. Do you have an iPhone? There's another programme called Nike +gps which is fab. It tells you how far you've run and how many calories you've burnt.

Wannabe, apple muffins sound fab! We're they easy to make?

That's great news waiting4vr ... I must admit, I was really worried that we'd break "it" the first time post op lol.

Ababytogether - are you using progesterone cream? (I remember one of us mentioning it before but can't remember who). Prog cream can delay the witch.

Wannabe - good luck with your choices, I think I'd go for both ASAP ... But then I'm an impatient moo at the best of times!

Welcome to the group Polly! Those results sound great. I don't know anything about TTC with diabetes, so can't help I'm afraid. Have you been to see a dr? I know in the UK they will usually do investigations if you've been TTC for a year with no luck.

Glad DH is healing well waiting4vr. Happy BD :D

:hugs: wannabe, sorry you've got so much to consider and worry about. I think if it was me, I'd have both surgeries. What does your DH think?

I went to a friend's house today, she has a 4 month old who looks soo tiny and adorable. Man I'm broody :wacko:

Thanks for the advice and for listening to my concerns girls!!! :hugs: :hugs:

Well I made up my mind to do both procedures at the same time, and make sure that I have the best possible chance to get my BFP!!! I couldnt handle asking myself the "what if questions" I would ask myself if I didnt get pregnant and only did the one surgery, and I need to know that I did everything in my power to get pregnant!!!! I called my DR's office and left a message with the surgical scheduler and she just called me back a few minutes ago. Unfortunatly my DR is all booked up for the entire month of February for surgeries already and isn't available until the month of March. They did have another DR. that was available as early as Wednesday to do the surgery, but I havent ever seen him before and I am not that comfortable having a male DR for these types of things, So I booked the 2 surgeries with my female Dr. that I like very much and that has done all of my infertility testing up until now, although she will have a male DR assisting her for the 2 surgeries, so the surgeries are booked for March 6th, at 1:00pm, and I just checked with DH and he doesnt have anything going on at work and should be able to get the day off without any problems to take me. :thumbup:

Now all i need to do is call the outpatient surgical facility and the anethesiologist to get an idea of my total out of pocket costs after insurance and hopefully by that time we will have our tax return back as well...:thumbup: So the deed is done and I have made up my mind.... Now I just need to stay calm and focus on the reward of having a baby and not worry about the surgery itself....LOL.... I will try my best ladies to do this, i promise.... :blush:

:hugs: You'll be just fine hunni. Surgery is always a scary thought, but the potential outcome is totally worth it. x x

Thanks Sapphire!! :hugs:

Crap, I just realized that based on my average cycle the date that the surgery scheduler and me picked would be right when I was most likely ovulating and I need to try to reschedule because I am pretty sure the surgery would need to be done before ovulation at the beginning of my cycle.... hmmm... this is going to be tuff to schedule this far out in advance since the Dr. is all booked up for February already.... :wacko: I will call tomorrow and see what we can figure out instead...

Thanks for the advice and for listening to my concerns girls!!! :hugs: :hugs:

Well I made up my mind to do both procedures at the same time, and make sure that I have the best possible chance to get my BFP!!! I couldnt handle asking myself the "what if questions" I would ask myself if I didnt get pregnant and only did the one surgery, and I need to know that I did everything in my power to get pregnant!!!! I called my DR's office and left a message with the surgical scheduler and she just called me back a few minutes ago. Unfortunatly my DR is all booked up for the entire month of February for surgeries already and isn't available until the month of March. They did have another DR. that was available as early as Wednesday to do the surgery, but I havent ever seen him before and I am not that comfortable having a male DR for these types of things, So I booked the 2 surgeries with my female Dr. that I like very much and that has done all of my infertility testing up until now, although she will have a male DR assisting her for the 2 surgeries, so the surgeries are booked for March 6th, at 1:00pm, and I just checked with DH and he doesnt have anything going on at work and should be able to get the day off without any problems to take me. :thumbup:

Now all i need to do is call the outpatient surgical facility and the anethesiologist to get an idea of my total out of pocket costs after insurance and hopefully by that time we will have our tax return back as well...:thumbup: So the deed is done and I have made up my mind.... Now I just need to stay calm and focus on the reward of having a baby and not worry about the surgery itself....LOL.... I will try my best ladies to do this, i promise.... :blush:

I have everything crossed for you wannabe!!!! I so want you to have your longed for baby.. xxxxx

All the best wannabe! I hope you can get it rescheduled for the right time and that it leads to your BFP!

xx

Chatty that programme for the 5k run is really good. I used it last year when I was going fitness daft before my wedding. There's also one for after that that trains you from a 5k up to a 10k run. Do you have an iPhone? There's another programme called Nike +gps which is fab. It tells you how far you've run and how many calories you've burnt.

Wannabe, apple muffins sound fab! We're they easy to make?

The apple muffins came out very yummy!!! They werent very hard to make. Here is a link to the recipe that i used, the only thing is that you only need to cut up one apple, 2 apples ends up being to many, Also the temp of 400 for 20 plus minutes ends up being to hot and to long to cook the muffins and the bottoms of them burn so i would say turn the oven down to like 350 to 375 and after 15 minutes closely monitor the muffins so they dont burn up!!! Also make sure you only fill up the muffin cups to like half way or 75% full or else when they bake and rise they will over fill and spill.... :thumbup:

Here is the link to the recipe that i did!!! Good luck if you end up making it!!

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-apple-cinnamon-muffins/detail.aspx

Good Luck Wannabe

Chatty no am not using the cream

Still nothing no further along in knowing whether I am pregnant or not so have booked for a blood test next Tuesday as I will be 11 days over, driving me mad this is, if not then will be trying to figure out why I have missed a period and hope that it is not the start of something that will affect my baby planning

babydust to you all :)

Thanks for all of the well wishes and luck girls!!!! :hugs:

@Ababy, Good luck to you hun!! I hope the blood work is positive and that this is finally the time for your BFP!!! :dust: :dust:

So I talked to the DR's office and the scheduler explained to me that it is okay if I am ovulating when the surgeries take place, Me and DH will probably just abstain from sex during my fertile window so that I dont have any chance of pregnancy that cycle. I hate to put the surgery off any longer to the next cycle because I am anxious to get back on board with TTC for the next cycle which will start for me around the 19th of March based on that surgery date. Tomorrow my DR is going to call me back to answer some additional questions that I have about the surgery as well since she was out of the office today.

Ababytogether, I hope you get some answers from the bloods, if not before :winkwink:

Wannabe, that's good news that your surgery can go ahead on the date set already. Hopefully tomorrow the Dr can answer all those Qs you still have. :hugs:

ababytogether, I hope you get some answers soon :hugs:

Good news that the surgery can go ahead as scheduled wannabe. I hope the dr can set your mind at ease.

Hello ladies, My name is Carlise. I am new to the site and to the thread. My DH had his VR in July of 2011. So we have been trying since August. He had good counts at his SA... But stil no :bfp:. We are also charting, opk's, i took soy isoflavones for a couple of cycles on CD's 1-5. And currently we just tried preseed and softcups. So hopefully we will get pregnant soon. How long has everyone been trying here. Prayers and :dust: to all!

Welcome to the group Carlise :D I already have a LO following my DH's VR, she is 13 months old. I have been TTC VR baby #2 since June 2011. I did get a bfp in October, but it sadly ended in miscarriage. I used preseed and softcups too this cycle, but am not hopeful as my DH was working away at the crucial time :dohh: Lots of :dust: to you!

Hello ladies, My name is Carlise. I am new to the site and to the thread. My DH had his VR in July of 2011. So we have been trying since August. He had good counts at his SA... But stil no :bfp:. We are also charting, opk's, i took soy isoflavones for a couple of cycles on CD's 1-5. And currently we just tried preseed and softcups. So hopefully we will get pregnant soon. How long has everyone been trying here. Prayers and :dust: to all!

Welcome to the group hun!!! :flower:

My DH had his VR in 10/2009 so it has been a little over 2 years since his VR... His VR was 14 years old and our reversal was a success even though his sperm count is low. I have an upcoming surgery which includes laproscopy to unblock my one tube and hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus in March that has to be done before my DH and me can move onto IUI.

Good luck and baby dust to you!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/14459-1.jpg

So my DR called me back this morning, and of course i was half asleep since she woke me up and i could barely think straight, But she gave me another option to try to repeat the HSG to try to see if we can open the other tube again, But this time I would be on muscle relaxers and a volume to calm me down to see if that helps. But, I am not sure if my health insurance would cover the same procedure a second time so soon after the first one was done. Plus i had a really ruff time with my first HSG, it was horrible for me to be honest and the thought of redoing it isnt wonderful, but at the same time I could maybe avoid getting my belly cut into with the lap surgery, so now I have another option to obsess over and drive myself totally batty with!!! The DR. suggested I call and schedule the HSG now before the surgery if I want to try that first, but I dont know, I am so confused. The one tube that is possibly blocked, if there is a blockage and it didnt just spasm had the dye flow through the first part of the tube alright, it just never came out the end, so if there is a blockage than it is at the top of the tube which would require a lap to unblock it for the DR to be able to see where the blockage is at the top of the tube... And that is assuming the tube is even blocked in the first place....:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Of course the DR reminded me that I can just do the hysteroscopy and that I only need one tube open to be able to do IUI so the lap is of course optional, but of course my odds of pregnancy are increased with two open tubes.. Lordy i am going to go batty with this whole thing....

I really wish that it was standard to give a person muscle relaxers and volume before the HSG all of the time because I hear so many stories like mine with the tube maybe spasming or being blocked....etc.... I would of taken meds with my HSG for sure because I was a nervous wreck before mine.... lordy...:wacko:

THank you all for the warm welcome!! I pray each and everyone gets their :bfp: soon.

Wannabeprego: My heart goes out to you. I pray that your procedures are successful. Keep us posted on how it all goes.

I am currently in the TWW... It always feels so long. No symptoms so far. But my BBT's are crazy. They have not been the norm all cycle. Infact.. I had a major temperature spike today... after my inital ovulation temperature spike. So who knows.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Baby Dust to you all! :dust:

THank you all for the warm welcome!! I pray each and everyone gets their :bfp: soon.

Wannabeprego: My heart goes out to you. I pray that your procedures are successful. Keep us posted on how it all goes.

I am currently in the TWW... It always feels so long. No symptoms so far. But my BBT's are crazy. They have not been the norm all cycle. Infact.. I had a major temperature spike today... after my inital ovulation temperature spike. So who knows.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Baby Dust to you all! :dust:

Thanks hun...:hugs::hugs:

Good luck and baby dust to you!! I hope your 2WW ends with a BFP!!! :af: :af::af: :dust: :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/thtt11q.gif

THank you!!! I am definately praying Hard!! Even my 5 year old is begging to God everynight... He is desprate too. hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->