The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Well girls, My surgery date is quickly approaching... I am getting a little nervous but trying to keep my cool.

I only have to wait a week afte the surgery before we can start TTC again, so we should be able to start TTC again in my September cycle!!! My Birthday is coming up soon and a birthday BFP would be the best present ever!!!

I just bought a 100 pack of cheapy IC HPT's and a 50 pack of OPK's. I also bought a basal body temperature thermometer and I have decided to start temping to also aid in predictin ovulation and pregnancy. I joined fertility friend's website and was looking at info on charting and at other girl's charts. We also have preseed and softcups left over from when we were TTC before. So long story short I am going to be super prepared to start TTC in my September cycle!!!:thumbup:

I decided to make a ticker to count down the days until my surgery....:happydance:

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10718;416/st/20120829/e/Surgery-Hysteroscopy+-Lap/k/0d6b/event.png

My bloodwork is scheduled for next saturday morning. They test for prenancy and they check your white blood cell count to make sure you dont have any infection, and are healthy enough for surgery.

Please wish me luck, I am hoping for the best case scenario, that they can unblock my second tube, and they dont discover any other problems well they are in there!!!!:flower:

How is everyone's weekend going so far? Any fun plans?

Wow, that's fast approaching! Best of luck with the surgery, I'll keep everything crossed for a birthday bfp for you! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Boring weekend for me, just catching up on housework and chilling :)

Hello everyone. My name is Sheena. I've read many of your threads, and would like to share my situation. My DH has two children from a previous marriage. He had a vasectomy 7.5 years ago. I have no children. DH had a VR last month (July 6th). Doc said procedure went well. We are just waiting on SA results. First SA is in 4 days. I'm a nervous wreck. I'm sure many of you have been at this same point, and I'm hoping you can shed some light onto our situation.

Should I expect first SA to be promising if the procedure worked? My husband is so nervous about the possibility of bad results.

Thanks!

Welcome to the group!!! Make sure you get your DH on vitamins to help improve his :spermy: count and motility ASAP!! Please remember that even if his initial SA isn't that good it can improve for up to 2 years after the VR as well. :flower:Good luck and baby dust to you!!!:dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/-gif.gif

Wow, that's fast approaching! Best of luck with the surgery, I'll keep everything crossed for a birthday bfp for you! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Boring weekend for me, just catching up on housework and chilling :)

Thanks for the good luck!!!:hugs:

My DH & me went hiking on some trails along this creek yesterday with our dog. There were alot of leaves out on the trail so that is a sign that Fall is just around the corner. Although Fall is my favorite time of the year, i love the coolness in the air, the beautiful fall leaves and Halloween. One of my fav holidays!!! We also rented the movie "The Hunger Games" lastnight as well. I thought the acting was good, but the concept of the movie was pretty sick!!!

Well girls, I decided to start a LTTC journal...... Please feel free to stalk me or just stop in to say Hello. I just started writing it today, so right now it just has a summary of my journey so far....

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ltttc-journals/1142215-wannabepregos-lttc-1-journal.html

There is also a link to the journal in my signature as well. :thumbup:

Hey ladies. Long time no talk. Baby girl is growing strong! Only 15 weeks left until she is here. Our little blessing! Hard to believe she will be here so soon. Her nursery is coming together and it's becoming more and more real every day!

I love fall aswell, we call it Autumn here though. Will come and stalk your journal :)

Nice to hear from you ttcpostvr! It's gone so quickly, before you know it the lil lady will be here :)

Hey ladies. Long time no talk. Baby girl is growing strong! Only 15 weeks left until she is here. Our little blessing! Hard to believe she will be here so soon. Her nursery is coming together and it's becoming more and more real every day!

I am glad that you and baby are doing well!!!:hugs: Are you going to share pics of the nursery when it is done?? We would love to see!!!:thumbup:

Hey girls, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!! Work was super stressful on Friday and I got so upset I went out on break and start crying with DH on the phone. I am thinking of putting in my 2 week notice, but i am taking the weekend to think about it. But I am not feeling any different and I think I need to move on. I put more details about it all in my journal. The level of stress and this new boss that I started working with is a prick now. I am starting to dread going into work now.

I just need a low stress job, and I dont need to make alot of money. I could even just work part time since DH is the bread winner and be okay. My job is so different from when I first started, I used to like it. But ever since I took on my supervisor's duties well she was out on maternity leave the job has gotten more stressful. Apparently even thoug my supervisor is back from matrnity leave she is letting keep the majority of her work, and i am not happy about it. I hate this shitty reporting crap I have to do, and I was under the assumption that when she came back she would take this shit back from me. I am not a happy camper.

DH & me went to an art museum this afternoon, and it was nice. We enjoyed some older traditional art along with some modern stuff.

I am ovulating right now, but it is pretty much going to waste because DH and me aren't really TTC this cycle because of the surgery coming up.

Here is my positive OPK...

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC07837.jpg

EEEEeeeekkkkkkkk..... OMG!!!!! Only 1 more day until Surgery..........:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I have to be at the outpatient surgery center tomorrow morning at 6:30 am and the surgery is scheduled for 7am. I will be updating the thread with the outcome after it is done, and once I am feeling up to it, which might not be until Thursday!! Fingers crossed I wake up after surgery with 2 open healthy tubes and a cleaned out/healthy uterus!!!!:thumbup:

Lordy I need something for my nerves and anxiety to calm me down today!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko: I just reminding myself that everything is going to be alright and trying to focus on the positives after it is done!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/businessman_nervous_md_wht.gif

Good luck wannabe! Sending you lots of :dust: :dust: :dust: It will be over before you know it :hugs:

Best of luck tomorrow wannabeprego!! I would be a nervous wreck, too! Hang in there, you will be fine!! :hugs:

Thanks for thinking of me today girls!! :hugs:

I am home laying upstairs in the master bedroom relaxing. DH is being really sweet and he is waiting on me on hand and foot. He is making me dinner right now.

So we got to the surgical center on time at 6:30 am. We woke up super early at like 4:45 am because we live a little over an hour away from the surgical center.

I was calm up until I was in the back and I gotten undressed and had put on my gown, When the nurse put in the needle into my hand for the IV, it stung like a hot pocker, and my nerves got the best of me and I started crying.:cry: They gave me warm blankets asked a bunch of medical questions related to my medical history, and they also confirm your identity and repeadetly ask what surgery you are there for.

My Dr came in and he was very nice and calming. he talked to me about the surgery and asked ifI had any questions. Next thing I know I am being taken into the surgical room, with a bunch of nurses and the anathesia people. Once I was strapped onto the table the anathesia guy told me he was putting something into my IV to put me to sleep, I felt my eyes go rolling into my head and than next thing I am waking up in the recovery room.

My DR stopped by to let me know that he was able to unblock my second tube, so now I have 2 open tubes!!!:happydance::happydance: he successfuly removed my polyp from my uterus and now it looks good. He also removed some scar tissue well he was in there, and he found endometrios which he removed as well. So it was a good thing he did the lap because he was able to remove the scar tissue and discovered that I have endometrios. So overall I am happy about the end result, but a little worried about the endometrios and how that is going to affect my TTC. :shrug: But he removed it, so hopefully it wont have an impact now? I need to talk to the DR about this and do some research about this on my end. Well I was in the recovery room I was shivering because it was so chilly, and the nurse was making me do breathing exersizes to calm me down, because I was freaking out a little after I woke up. They also gave me juice and grahm crackers, ice pop, crushed ice, I started out with the light fluids and than had the food after.

I have a bunch of color pictures from the surgery that I want to scan and post so you girls can see. Hopefully I will be able to do that soon. They are pretty neat pictures.

So I am recovering okay. I was prescribed a RX for an antibiotic and for pain meds. I am super sleepy from the anathesia and keep falling asleep.

My belly is all bloated from the air in it, and i have 2 cuts, a bunch of small ones above my belly button, and one cute inmy groin area. The cut in my belly button is draining alot and has blood coming out and pooling up behind my bandage, I have changed it once and will be changing it again soon. The belly button is worrying me a little, but I did read in the paper work that it is normal to have some draining from that wound. Hopefully it will stop bleeding soon though.

My maxi pad was soaked after the surgery with alot of blood, But now the flow is much lighter, so that is good.The nurse warned me that if the blood stayed heavy and was soaking maxis in one hour than i need to goto the ER, but the blood flow has subsided. I also keep feeling like I need to go pee, and no matter how much I pee it isn't enough, I think it was from the IV fluids they gave me though. The feeling is getting better now and subsiding so hopefully it will be gone in a few days. MY throat is really soar from the breathing tube, and I cant eat hard dry foods like bread without it feeling like it will get caught in my throat, so far I ate ice cream and I am having soup for dinner.

Overall the experience wasn't to bad. I think the anticpation and waiting is the worst part. My DR and the nurses at the surgical center were all very nice to me.

Well here are the pictures from my surgery......

I am putting them on a spoiler in case anyone is squemish about seeing this stufff...

This is a picture of my polyp and him getting ready to take it out..I think the dot in the one pic is him opening up my other tube...
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/CCF08292012_00003.jpg

This is a picture of him removing scar tissue, the white spider web type stuff is the scar tissue

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/CCF08292012_00002.jpg

POlyp being removed...
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/CCF08292012_00001.jpg

The circled areas are the endometriosis, and more pics of him removing the scar tissue as well..

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/CCF08292012_00000.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience! The pictures do make me a bit squeemish! lol, but I think if they were my pictures they wouldn't...congrats on a successful surgery and hopefully you can work through the endometriosis...

I'm glad everything went well wannabeprego! Now you can get back TTC and have your bundle of joy soon. I'm sorry work has been stressful. Thank you for sharing the pics.

Glad you're ok Wannabe! I bet you're relieved that it's over! So happy that they've managed to unblock the second tube and sort out the endometriosis for you! Full steam ahead now hun! Go make that baby lol

Thanks for the well wishes girls and for all of the support!!!:flower: I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Weekend-8.gif

Those pictures are amazing wannabe! Hope you're recovering well hun :hugs:

Chatty, I can't believe you're more than halfway now!! Do you have a bump yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->