The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

thakyou lovely ladies. hes tried wellman conception but he gave him bad runs. so ive got him on 15mg zinc, 100ug selenium, 90mg vitamin c, 30mg vitamin e, 0.3mg beta caratene and 300ug of vitamin a and folic acid. is that the right dosage??? ive ordered fertilman tablets aswel. the herbs dont seem to agree with him or me.
i suffer from spotting 3 days before af till af arrives so im on the b-50 complex which is supposed to stop that

Welcome to the group Mickellwife! Has your hubby tried splitting the well man conception tablets into 1/2 morning, 1/2 night, both with food? My husband had a bit of trouble with them at first but was fine after a week or so when his body got used to them. He used them for about 3 months before we got our BFP in early May. We don't know if the tablets actually helped as we didn't get a "formal" SA done but it was the only thing we'd started doing differently (13yr old VR in June '11). Good luck huni!

he's been put of them now so wont even entertain the thought. got fertilman pills through the door today so has started them now. his sperm count was 222 million but motility was only 12%. ive worked out by times the count by the motility by the normal sperm and thats 21 million per ml. but 78% dont move so that means theres a good chance they wont get to the egg due to the fact that so many are in the way

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well!! Please send some well wishes and good luck to us over here; DH is in surgery right now! Hopefully we get to talk to surgeon after and see how it went!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well!! Please send some well wishes and good luck to us over here; DH is in surgery right now! Hopefully we get to talk to surgeon after and see how it went!

Good luck hun!! I hope your DH ends up with lots of :spermy: after the surgery and that his recovery is quick and pain free!!! :hugs:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Goodluck03.gif

Thanks, wannabe!

So to tell a bit of our story again, DH has never had a V...he had a hernia repair surgery, as well as surgery for undescendent testicle, both surgeries on left side, when he was very young.

Surgeon confirmed after surgery that it is b/c of those surgeries that DH's epididymis on the left is undeveloped and never made a connection to his testicle on the left, thus there are no sperm on the left. He did not perform a VE on the left side.

The right side epididymis, b/c of this also, did not fully develop - the bottom half of the epididymis was completely abnormal and has lots of scarring...BUT good news is that the top half had some healthy tubules and he was able to find healthy, mature, and mobile sperm and there was a connection to the testicle. Our surgeon was able to do a VE to the top tubules, but he said it was tough. He said a VE on a fully healthy epididymis is a tough surgery, so the fact that my DH's wasn't fully healthy made it tougher. He is hopeful for us, though! He didn't tell me, but he told my hubby, that we had a 50/50 chance of this working for us. The best sign is that we have healthy, mature and mobile sperm.

DH has strict instructions NOT to have any ejaculation for an entire month. Anything strenuous like that could totally f-up the surgery, so it will be tough but worth it, we are not taking any chances!

DH is in a lot of pain here on day 2, especially on the right side. He had a testicular biopsy a few months back, and he says that this is WAY worse. We are in an awesome hotel suite, so we're both just relaxing. Fly home tomorrow morning, and at this point, we're worried about the flight for DH...

I hope u dont mind me gatecrashing...
My dh had his vasectomy in aug 09 and has now decided to have it reversed, we have been looking into BMI Woodlands in Darlington or Dr Dawson in Hartlepool... i was wandering if anyone had any success with either of these clinics. Dh wont be having the procedure until may/june next year, need to do some serious saving first!

wow havent been on here in ages

Just thought i would pop in and say hi

Still trying although my heart isnt in it as I dont think it is going to happen

Fast approaching the 2 year anniversary of him having the operation (january)

Well done to all the ones that have had a positive

Nice to see everything is going well chatty

Hugs to you all

OMG :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Just got my BFP :happydance:

I've done about 8 tests and they have all been positive :happydance:

I'm so chuffed as my hubby's motility was only 12% but we used Preseed

That's AMAZING news huni!! Congratulations! I remember my BFP like it was yesterday - I was so overwhelmed, couldn't quite believe it and sobbed like a baby for hours! I had to keep pinching myself and looking at the test for days after :D

Happy and healthy 9 months chick!

I only had a smear on monday so i'm hoping all is well. They are getting stronger every day so everything must be fine :) I'm in so much shock xx

Fantastic news hun! Have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Welcome Rachy :wave: My DH's surgery was done by Dr Dawson, and the result is an almost 2 year old Holly! So I can recommend him :D

Hope your DH is recovering well rdleela.

Hi ababytogether!

OMG :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Just got my BFP :happydance:

I've done about 8 tests and they have all been positive :happydance:

I'm so chuffed as my hubby's motility was only 12% but we used Preseed

Congrats on your BFP!!! H&H 9 months to you!!! :happydance::happydance:

Your story has given me hope that I will beable to get my BFP soon!! What was your DH's sperm count like? I know you mentioned low motility. Did you do anything different this cycle to get your BFP?:thumbup:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Frequently%20used%20graphics/55c65492-2.gif

AFM, I am doing my first ever IUI this cycle. I am doing clomid 50 mg CD 3-7 this cycle and I will be doing an Ovidrel/HCG trigger shot also.

I am counting down the days until next Wednesday 10/17/12 for my ultrasound to look at my follies and bloods to check my E2 & LH levels. As long as my follies look good than I should get the go ahead from my DR to do the trigger shot the same day and insemination should take place on Friday 10/19/12 based on the IUI schedule pamphlet the DR gave me. :thumbup: Please keep your fingers crossed for me that my follies look good so I can move forward with the IUI/insemination.

I am going to be testing out my trigger this cycle. I have a 50 pack of IC's coming in the mail. If I test out the HCG trigger than I will be able to tell when it goes negative and than if it turns back to positive than I will know it is a real BFP and not just left over trigger shot in my system!! :thumbup:

I haven't posted since back in Sept of 2011.
We ended up going with Dr. Grober in Toronto instead of the cheapie guy....
It was just under 5K but well worth it!

So, he went Feb 2012 so nearly 7 months ago. His V was just about 8 years old.....
At the time of the operation only clear fluid was seen, but lot's of it. Dr. G grinned and said it was a success.

So, at his 5 month SA the e-mail we got from Dr. G was him saying very good results (even though I still feel like they aren't!)

The e-mail:

Very good results!
> 67 million sperm/ml, 3 ml total, 38% moving, 50% normal shapes.
> Good idea to repeat the count in a few months just to ensure things are stable.
> Please email with any other questions.
> Thanks.
> Ethan Grober MD

Yet, we're still not preggy!

I am taking Serophene this cyle (and last cycle) and temping now. I O'd on the 9th, so I am 2 DPO right now..... Hubs couldn't "finish" on O day as it was too much pressure apparently, so after an hour of BDing we stopped =( We got the two days before O, one day before O and the day after.

Dr. G says DTD EOD and the day of O and the day after, so we did that but not O day....I'm so sad.

Anyway - 12 days until testing!

My hubby's sperm count was 222 million per ml but 78% were dead and only 12% moved in the right direct so ever though it sounds rather high, most of them were dead.

I took B-50 complex this cycle with Iron tablets and used Preseed Lubrication on the 3 times we DTD.

I believe it was the Preseed that did it as it helps to get them where they need to be.

Faithmum - That's great news! You pretty much have 13million normal shaped, moving spermies! It only takes 1!!

The sperm can live for quite a while so I wouldn't worry too much about not hitting O day, the day before or day after would be fine too I'd imagine. Good luck! I hope you get your BFP very soon!

Wannabe - I have a good feeling that you'll be getting that BFP pretty soon! I'll be watching out for your trigger shot pics and keeping everything crossed that the two lines disappear THEN come back.

AFM - My fabulous hubby just booked us a surprise holiday!! We're off to Lanzarote for 7 nights, all inclusive, for some sun, sea and SLEEP haha. I'm feeling pretty tired this week, Fidget has had a huge growth spurt and I've gone from measuring 24weeks at my 25 week check, to 28 weeks at my 27 week check. He's head down now and is getting pretty fond of wedging his butt right under my left rib!. I have to get a "fit to fly" letter from my GP on Monday so they'll let me on the plane.

Try using Preseed hun, i swear by it as i think that is what helped me and my hubby only had about 24 million left (out of 222 million) that moved in the right direction so there is defo hope x

Thanks ladies.

I'm just feeling like I wanted this yesterday.....

When does one consider IUI and is it beneficial at all, like % wise to get pregnant faster?

It would cost about $200 per cycle for us so that isnt too bad.

I'd prefer the natural way, but I just dont want to be on Serophene (Clomid) anymore.....it sucks so badly.

I have 4 rounds of my Rx left, and I hope I don't need them!

Good luck wannabe! Will keep everything crossed for you.

I recommend preseed too - Holly is a preseed baby, we conceived her on the first cycle!

Have a fabulous holiday Chatty! :D

Welcome back FaithMom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"