The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

rdleela just wanted to wish you lots of luck.
I ended up going down the IVF route but am now 24 weeks pregnant.

If you have any questions about how it all works please do message me! :flower:

Thanks, justone!! I am hoping that IVF/ICSI is our ticket!

Hey, ladies, thought I would give a quick update that we're moving on to IVF/ICSI, starting Sept/October...exactly a year post-surgery...tired of WAITING...the IUI's were stressful, and with the low count, not very good odds to begin with. IVF/ICSI has such better odds! Wish me luck!

Good Luck and baby dust to you hun!! I hope your IVF cycle brings you your :bfp:!!!:flower: :dust::dust::dust:

Hi ladies. :wave: I dont mean to gate crash but you ladies seem like you would be the most helpful with this question. My OH had a vasectomy in January of this year. We started dating after that and have decided that we want a child together. He wants to go through with a reversal cut we dont know much about it. Can anyone help us out? Were looking for any and all information...process of getting it done, success rates, cost, etc. Thank you very much for any help you can give us. :flower:

Quick update, prior to my post about sperm extraction, it would seem I was actually pregnant then, however sadly I miscarried a few days later, truly gutted but at the same time relieved that my dh sperm are actually working! Very mixed emotion atm and currently on holiday so trying to put on a smile everyday which is also very difficult!! I hope I will have some positive news again soon xx

Aidensmomma, I'm sorry I'm not much help, I'm in canada and our reversal surgery was paid for by the government...

abanytogether, we haven't done a sperm extraction, but head over to the thread: dealing with azoospermia, a lot of those DH's have... I'm sorry about your miscarriage, I hope you find peace :)

Thanks for all the well wishes for my IVF, egg retrieval on Saturday!

Quick update, prior to my post about sperm extraction, it would seem I was actually pregnant then, however sadly I miscarried a few days later, truly gutted but at the same time relieved that my dh sperm are actually working! Very mixed emotion atm and currently on holiday so trying to put on a smile everyday which is also very difficult!! I hope I will have some positive news again soon xx

Hi hunny,
Thinking of you at this time, I can imagine your mixed emotions are very difficult. I too miscarried afew months ago and Im a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. My miscarriage highlighted a gallbladder problem that I am having surgically removed in 2 weeks time, so in a way, i am almost thankful coz with the problems it caused, pregnancy would have been very difficult and my /and babies health would have suffered. So now I can try next month knowing that I will be in good health.....

So when you have your baby in your arms, you will think back to this pregnancy and realise that if it wasnt for the miscarriage, you wouldnt be holding your beloved child at that point :)

Wishing you lots of luck hunny:thumbup: I dont know much about sperm extraction im afraid but you were obviously doing something right, :thumbup:

:hugs::hugs:

Hi,

We are off to the drs today for advice about VR, he has snip 3 years ago
My oh has a son aged 14 and I have 3 kids aged 17, 13, and 9 months
Baby is a sperm donor baby but we would like to have a biological child between us
Fingers crossed

Hi,

We are off to the drs today for advice about VR, he has snip 3 years ago
My oh has a son aged 14 and I have 3 kids aged 17, 13, and 9 months
Baby is a sperm donor baby but we would like to have a biological child between us
Fingers crossed

Hey! :wave:
How did you get on at the Doctors? Im sure he said that only having the op done 3 years ago, stands you a good chance of a successful reversal :thumbup: my hubby had it reversed after 8yrs, had an extremely low sperm count and only 4% motility and we were still able to conceive within 3months, so anythings possible :thumbup:
I noticed you are in the UK. I highly recommend dr. duncan harriss. He is a legend! We had ours reversed in Nottingham. He has a page on facebook (your vasectomy reversal) and that is also the name of his website. Its worth a look as there is alot of info on there about the op, pro-sperm diets, etc. wishing you the best of luck, keep us posted! :) xxx

I wish we were as lucky, we're into our 8th cycle since vr, we had 112million in dh's sample and still not got our bfp :(

We've decided not to try
The dr seemed optimistic but due to other risks we have decided no more x

I wish we were as lucky, we're into our 8th cycle since vr, we had 112million in dh's sample and still not got our bfp :(
Im sorry hun, I didnt mean to sound insensitive, it was more to prove that whatever the outcome of the VR results, it has no bearing on whether you will get pregnant or not straight away. I always said, it only takes one! Preferably swimming in the right direction :haha:
What was your OHs motility like?as thats the all important figure over sperm per/ml xx

We've decided not to try

Hey hunny, ah thats a shame, how do you feel? Was it something you had your heart set on? Xx

He had the SA @ 9wks post vr, 112million, 54% motility (14% rapid linear, 40% progressive). 6% normal forms. I put him on Wellman conception and 2000mg vit c daily. Im thinking we should get another SA done to rule out blockage.

We've decided not to try

Hey hunny, ah thats a shame, how do you feel? Was it something you had your heart set on? Xx

Honestly, I'm devastated but I know it's the sensible thing to do,
But I can't bare the thought that my baby days are over, but I'm trying to focus on what we have than what were giving up on :cry:

aww, what is it you were up against (if you dont mind me asking) is it definitely a no-no. You are right though to count your blessings, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous xx

I had to come in here and give you all some hope!

We are in between IVF cycles, and were just surprised with a 100% natural BFP!

Our IVF/ICSI#1 failed in October, with two perfect embryos, but neither took. I was CRUSHED. We had zero embryos to freeze, so we started gearing up for IVF/ICSI #2 for January.

I was waiting for my period to arrive to book a procedure in the beginning of January to get started on our IVF cycle, when surprise, surprise, AF never showed!

Our last sperm count was in October and it was only 400,000.

This BFP cycle is 14 months post surgery, and 16 cycles post-surgery.

I never once believed this would happen for us naturally. We are in total shock!

Anyways, the only thing we did differently, is we are BOTH on high doses of Omega 3 fish oils, I'm getting 400 DHA/day. And we are both on 400mg of CoQ10 everyday. I've been consistent with the omegas for 3 months, and coq10 for 2 months. DH has been on high doses of both of those for a few months longer than me. And we have both been low carb/high fat (high fat being very important) since September 2012.

I wish the very best for you ladies, don't give up!

:dance::headspin: oh my goodness! Thats fantastic news!!!!!!!wow, amazing! Awwww congratulations, really really pleased for you both!!!!! :hugs: xx

Wow! Huge congratulations rdleela :happydance:
This gives me so much hope :) we are on cycle 9 (8 months post vr), we've tried clomid and we have an appointment on Thursday for our ICSI with PGD referral. Im worried we wont get granted the funding but after hearing about your bfp, it doesn't seem that important anymore. H&H pregnancy hun x

I hope it does give you ladies tons of hope! I never, ever, thought we would get this lucky! I am cheering you all on, please keep us updated! And seriously, if you aren't on omega 3's and coq10, read up on them and give them a shot! I really think they made a difference! And omega 3's are SO important for baby's brain development, you should be taking them anyways!

I know we'll need IVF for baby # 2 (especially considering I'll be 35 next May and want to waste no time having #2) so we're planning to keep DH's best sperm sample frozen for ICSI use in a couple years...Rachy I would for sure still keep on the IVF planning route, and just KEEP TRYING every month! Don't give up!

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->