The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

All the way from Devon :o for £15 stereo??

Mind you saying that!!! My parents sold a dishwasher on eBay this week and the man came from Ipswich to get it!! one hour and half drive...for a £75 dishwasher and i just never get it??? its not like people in Devon/Ipswich aint selling stereos/dishwashers :haha:

Im off from work now till 28th Dec :dance: :dance: how grand :D was booked out work tomorrow but i aint teaching in this!!! im scared driving in it myself let alone my little learners driving ...even with me next to em :haha:

snow has started again here up north its a nightmare we had it two or three weeks ago and its just gone this week now its back, we have had enough of it I get sick of having to dig my car out :growlmad:

snow has started again here up north its a nightmare we had it two or three weeks ago and its just gone this week now its back, we have had enough of it I get sick of having to dig my car out :growlmad:

i know that feeling we've only been rid of it a week or so too, i get bored of seeing white and nearly slipping on my ARSE :haha:

All the way from Devon :o for £15 stereo??

Mind you saying that!!! My parents sold a dishwasher on eBay this week and the man came from Ipswich to get it!! one hour and half drive...for a £75 dishwasher and i just never get it??? its not like people in Devon/Ipswich aint selling stereos/dishwashers :haha:

Im off from work now till 28th Dec :dance: :dance: how grand :D was booked out work tomorrow but i aint teaching in this!!! im scared driving in it myself let alone my little learners driving ...even with me next to em :haha:

I know tesco sell lil hifis for £19.99 :haha: bet it cost him just as much in fuel plonkers!!

Nice lil break for you then, bet the kids are looking forward christmas aren't they?
My youngest is so hypo today think the excitement has kicked in, shes on the countdown "how many sleep's left mummy?" bless her

Its not nice out there in the car:nope: we had trouble coming home from my parents:dohh:

saw this in another thread thought it might be good reading to anyone who tests a bit earlier...

Understanding How Early Result Pregnancy Tests Work
What about early results tests, though, the ones that promise results three or four days before your missed period?

It’s important to know that these tests assume a 14-day luteal phase. (That’s the time between ovulation and when you get your period.) If your luteal phase is usually 12 days, four days before your missed period would be 9 days after ovulation. Way too early to test.

If you have a luteal phase of 15 days, though, 4 days before your missed period is 12 days after ovulation. You still may not have enough hormone that early, but you’ve got a much better chance than someone with a shorter luteal phase.

It's rubbish isn't it hon. The annoying thing is people in areas that aren't that badly affected saying 'come on it's only snow and it is winter after all'! Grr!:growlmad: Yes it IS winter but we don't wish to be stuck with no car and no public transport for days!

Snow shovels were rare as rocking-horse poop around here until the other day and now the shop up the street has like doubled the price they want for them now they have them again.

Arr, and I've just noticed that IF my ticker's right, and I'm fertile just now, we're missing out on this window as OH's 'abstaining' before going in with his sample tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's the only day they're accepting SA samples until 8th Jan! Bloomin humbug!

LOL well at least we can get busy when he gets in tomorrow evening after work, and at least we'll get some answers and see what our chances really are. I can't believe the pricey hospital that did the VR think that saying 'sperm are present' is enough:dohh::wacko:

saw this in another thread thought it might be good reading to anyone who tests a bit earlier...

Understanding How Early Result Pregnancy Tests Work
What about early results tests, though, the ones that promise results three or four days before your missed period?

It’s important to know that these tests assume a 14-day luteal phase. (That’s the time between ovulation and when you get your period.) If your luteal phase is usually 12 days, four days before your missed period would be 9 days after ovulation. Way too early to test.

If you have a luteal phase of 15 days, though, 4 days before your missed period is 12 days after ovulation. You still may not have enough hormone that early, but you’ve got a much better chance than someone with a shorter luteal phase.

Yeah, I think this is from peeonastick.com. It's a really good, informative site. She explains really well about how tests work and what are good brands, ones to avoid etc.

Arr, and I've just noticed that IF my ticker's right, and I'm fertile just now, we're missing out on this window as OH's 'abstaining' before going in with his sample tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's the only day they're accepting SA samples until 8th Jan! Bloomin humbug!

LOL well at least we can get busy when he gets in tomorrow evening after work, and at least we'll get some answers and see what our chances really are. I can't believe the pricey hospital that did the VR think that saying 'sperm are present' is enough:dohh::wacko:

I hope he gets good results but even if he doesn't it still doesn't mean you wont get pregnant just take my dh results for instance they weren't great and he had a high level of anti sperm but we still managed to get pregnant.
The hospitals seem great before the op then as soon as they have the money and jobs done they dont want to know :hugs:

Thanks reversal, that's exactly how we felt. I was really cross actually, when I went to pick OH up after the op, he was waiting outside smoking a cig. I had assumed they'd actually want to make sure his lift home was sorted before letting him out, he was still all disoriented from the anaesthetic. But by then what can you do, they've got the money and that's it!

Anyway yeah we have our fingers and toes crossed for good results, not sure what's going on with me though, my cycle's been really messed up so hoping there's not something up with me that'll prevent us conceiving. The GP wasn't helpful when I went about it, why would he think it helpful to prescribe what is basically the mini pill to someone who's gone in saying they are desperate to conceive. Maybe I need to see a different GP.

Anyway trying to keep positive, hope everyone's ok today! xx

:growlmad:I cant believe that, it isnt fair! I mean its all about those all important figures...isnt that what we pay the money for in the first place!!?? :shrug: which clinic was it again? sorry if you've already said! :dohh: Sorry you've missed your window hunny :hugs: we are abstaining too at the minute as DH has his SA 2moro, but luckily I'm not due to Ov until xmas eve/day so it'll be ful steam ahead when he gets back 2moro! :winkwink:

I hope he gets good results but even if he doesn't it still doesn't mean you wont get pregnant just take my dh results for instance they weren't great and he had a high level of anti sperm but we still managed to get pregnant.
The hospitals seem great before the op then as soon as they have the money and jobs done they dont want to know :hugs:

Yes reversal you are a true inspiration :hugs: to all the VR WAGs!! so thank you!! I've always said, so long as DH gets at least 1% present I'll be happy, as it only takes one.....so anything more than 1% I'll be happy with and I've got 99% chance it'll be more than 1% so FX lol. Sounds like a few of you had a bad expericence with the post op side of your clinic. I must say I was more than happy with ours, our surgeon even wrote a letter to us afew days after giving details about how the op went etc, it was lovely (i copied it into my journal) xx

Yea I've said before about the massive differences in aftercare people are getting. Post-op care has been anything between non-existent and first-class. Maybe we should compile a list of the different hospitals and how good or bad they've been, for the benefit of those considering the op. I know I wish we'd had more info before - it's really difficult to know unless you know someone who's been to a place.

Yea I've said before about the massive differences in aftercare people are getting. Post-op care has been anything between non-existent and first-class. Maybe we should compile a list of the different hospitals and how good or bad they've been, for the benefit of those considering the op. I know I wish we'd had more info before - it's really difficult to know unless you know someone who's been to a place.

Very true!! I've put a link on the front page to the clinic that me and 'justmarried' used, you'll have to let me know if you find anything else then I can put that on too! xx

Great :) I don't know of any other places that are good, all I can say is the BMI Ross Hall in Glasgow was terrible once they'd been paid. Post-op care was negligible and we felt fobbed off when we asked questions.

V... add on my one :dance:

Spire Hospital Brentwood, Essex...Dr Bhanot

xxxxx

:dust:
xxx

Was 99.9% happy with them :D

Great follow up x

V... add on my one :dance:

Spire Hospital Brentwood, Essex...Dr Bhanot

xxxxx

:dust:
xxx

Was 99.9% happy with them :D

Great follow up x

has your surgeon got his own site or shall i add the link to the actual hospital (i ask because my link is to the surgeons website-have a look!) xx

https://www.spirehealthcare.com/Rod...d-Consultants/Our-Consultants/Mr-Shiv-Bhanot/ thats his link :dance: and thats the man who done our VR

He is a pioneer in micro-surgery he does the training of the surgeons that want to to it :D was the reason I chose him :haha:

ooh just had a read, yer he does sound good! good choice!! :thumbup: I did research and Dr. Harriss was the best I could find. VR's are his speciality lol. I cant wait to e-mail a piccy our of success after for their website!! :thumbup: xx

Awww re: your pic to their website :haha: thats cute

Our surgeon is all areas of microsurgery in the urology dept, he does a bit of everything, not centred around VR's , but felt this wasnt an issue really as the main thing (as you prob researched)was getting the tubes to join up properly in the first case, which requires skills!!! so went for him :dance: well he must have done a good job as the results were quite promising after 9 weeks :haha: just down to me now!! scary xxx

We used the Spire South Bank hospital, Worcester.. We were happy with the care & treatment dh received but did feel it was a bit once the money had been paid, sort of off you go, nothing really explained in detail.

And the surgeon's bed side manner was to be desired but the nurses said thats the way he works.
I assume he knows he is great at what he does and a little bit cocky. :dohh:
We are awaiting the SA in Jan so will let you know what aftercare is truely like.
But I will not be leaving with a sperm present answer!! not after nearly £2k:nope:

our surgeons website link
https://www.spirehealthcare.com/sou...nd-Consultants/Our-Consultants/Mr-Terry-Chen/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->