The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Good luck Rachy! I hope you get lots of healthy eggs and embryos! :dust::dust:

@Live, Good luck with the VR! I hope your DH gets lots of healthy :spermy:! :dust::dust:

AFM, My AF was due yesterday and it hasn't come yet so I have been taking HPT's. I thought I saw something really faint this morning but it could of just been line eye. I am going to keep testing until either AF shows or I get lucky and it never does! LOL! My birthday came and went but we just hung out around the house. DH picked me up a B-day cake and some food to go. My DD stayed up really late the night b4 my b-day and wouldn't go to sleep so the next day I didn't have the energy to do any of the plans that I wanted to for my B-day but there is always next weekend!

If I get a chance I will post my HPT pics that i took from this morning.

thanks justmarried! Keep everything crossed for us!! Xxx
Thanks wannabe! Ooh exciting! Cant wait to see tonorrows hpt!! We have had an amazing day celelbrating ems birthday today, soooo tired now though and we have got nothing ready for tonorrow! Havent got to be there until 12 so will have the morning to sort things....its only about 40mins away xx

Good luck for you tomorrow too rachy!! Xxx

Thanks ladies 😆

Happy birthday Em 🎈🎂 & i hope its all smooth sailing tomorrow vickie :thumbup:

Good luck Wannabeprego, how fab would that be 😉

Its all happening in here isnt it.

Before I have collection ill update you on my last scan results. I am already showing signs of ohss but we are pressing ahead with collection and im to be kept in hospital as a precaution for 24hrs after. I dont have pcos so we're a little confused as to why its happened especially with a baseline antral follicle count of 12.

Our last follicle count and measurements:
1@24mm
2@22mm
5@20mm
6@18mm
2@17mm
2@16mm
3@15mm
15 others between 12mm&14mm.

So thats 36 in total but we suspect we'll loose a few big ones and most of the smaller follicles probably wont contain eggs or be mature.

I'll keep you posted xx

todays the day!!! :dance: just about to leave! Eeeekkk ive beenn so emotional today! Nervous now!! Good luck rachy!! Xxx

hey rachy how did you get on? We are back hine now and dr harriss managed to reattach both sides. He said they were blocked and we made the right decision in having it done! :thumbup: so both very happy at the mo..here we go again! :dance: he was only in surgery for 45 mins! But apparently thats normal! :shrug: theres a more detailed post in my journal xx
:

That's fab news! Didnt they only do one side last time?

We got 17 eggs, they'll call me tomorrow with the fertilisation report so i expect the numbers to drop away pretty quickly. Im in quite a bit of pain but sure ill be fine after a good sleep xx

Quick edit: of the 17 eggs collected, 15 were suitable for icsi & 11 fertilised normally x

rachy thats brilliant!! Great news!! Well done! Hope you are feeling better today! Xxx
No they did both last time but the right side was difficult as 5yrs before the first vr, sean had an op after the right ine detatched, twisted and got infected (gross)..lso there was already scar tissue there when he did the first vr. He said this time that he would start with the left side but said afterwards that he did both and it was easier than he thought it would be. I was shocked it only took 45 mins! Imreally want to fastforward to xmas...or at least mid octwhen i next ovulate! Xx

@Rachy, that is so awesome that you got a great number of eggs and embryos! I hope they develop into high quality embryos so you have plenty for your transfer and to freeze! Good luck! I hope you get your BFP! :dust::dust: I hope your pain subsides and you feel better soon! :hugs:

@Live, How exciting! I hope DH's VR goes smoothly and that he has a quick, pain free recovery! I hope he gets lots of healthy :spermy: so you guys get your BFP! Good luck! :dust::dust:

Thanks for cheering me on girls! I have been so busy so that is why it took me a bit to update and by the time I was about to post a pic the :witch: got me! :cry: Sigh... I am thinking of tracking my cycles better and OV so DH & I can give ourselves a few last tries the old fashioned way B4 the FET in the Spring! It is just always so hard to find time for :sex: with the twins! DH & I are lucky if we can BD 1 to 2 times a week right now! LOL!

ah no babe! Im so sorry! :nope: was gping to ask how you'd got on! Bummer! Id love it if you conceived naturally before spring! Keep everything crossed for you and dh!! :dance: xxx

Wow so much has happened!!! Rachy it sounds like so far it's going amazingly well, I'm no expert but as you would expect I have read what I can and that sounds like a very promising amount of embryos!! What's the situation today how many have we now?

Wannabe I'm so sorry af got you again Hun it's so much worse when you think you may have seen something on a test or you mistakingly spot some symptoms.

Liv - so glad all went well with the op! It's kind of good news that he was blocked as it makes it pretty straight forward in my thinking? You conceived before, now the sperm can get through again I see no reason why you won't conceive pretty quickly again!!

So it did me good to take some time off, I came off Facebook too. I'm back on it now but being part of a reversal group on there I was thinking about it every time I looked at my phone!!

I have been giving things a lot of thought recently and I don't know if I told you this before, but we have a lot of debt. It's all under control and we are on a management plan, as you know my plan was to sell our car when hubby gets his new company vehicle and that would pay for our treatment, well I just don't know if we aren't being really irresponsible, that money could go towards our debt, we can't even afford to take the children we have on holiday, and I have started to wonder if it wouldn't be much more sensible to put things on hold. When our debts are paid off I will only be 33 years old and I might even be younger as we might pay them off sooner the way things are going. Hubby would be even younger at 30. There is no reason that we can't come back to this dream in 5 years or less, except we would be able to comfortably pay for the treatment and live in a bigger house where the baby I'm dreaming off wouldn't be crammed in with an older brother as would be the case now. I don't know, I'm scared to tell hubby this is how I'm feeling since he is now on board, I'm scared that I might not get him back on board in the future! But my instincts are telling me to wait.....

What should I do?! Xx

I won't get anymore updates on my embryos until monday which will be day 6. I need to get as many as poss to test for our condition as its 50/50. Ideally, 6 to test should give me at least 3 healthies 👍
Ive just been put on clexane injections for ohss which im pretty fed up with because I thought we were finished with injections for a while!

I understand your dilemma and its such a hard decision but ultimately its yours. Perhaps you should talk with your dh about it so that a mutual decision can be met? xx

Hi ladies, how are we all?

A quick update from me. We managed to get 5 blastocysts biopsied and of those 5, only 1 is free from my condition and suitable for transfer. Im a little bummed since 80% of my embryos were affected but so pleased i have that 1!
He/she is a fully hatched blastocyst graded 6BC which im told is good quality. Now i just need the little fighter to survive the thaw in mid November and burrow nicely in my oven xx

hey rachy!! Awww great news! Keeping everything crossed!! Thats the one!! :thumbup: cant wait! Roll on nov!! :dance:

Elmo, How are you? Sorry i didnt reply before...did you speak to dh? It is ultimately up to you and Im sure he will understand. :hugs: we all know it wasnt an easy decision to come to but I think its a good one, getting yourself straight first and that would relieve some stress when the time is right for you guys xxxxxx

Hi ladies, I posted a while ago asking to join you but then life took over and I didn't get back on. So much so I even forgot the password!
Anyway, the husband had is original vasectomy in May 2006 and then reversed in May 2014 we have been TTC since without success.
But this week we had his latest SA back with excellent figures so am just hoping that we me shifting weight it will finally happen!

Hi ladies, I posted a while ago asking to join you but then life took over and I didn't get back on. So much so I even forgot the password!
Anyway, the husband had is original vasectomy in May 2006 and then reversed in May 2014 we have been TTC since without success.
But this week we had his latest SA back with excellent figures so am just hoping that we me shifting weight it will finally happen!

hey :wave: thanks for getting back in touch! And for your update! Great to hear you have had a great sa! Eally hooe it happens soon!!

My update is that i am currently ovulating, my first month after hubbys vr redo last month sooo watch this space! Exciting, just like ttc after the first one! Xx

Tonight I start meds for our FET, not looking forward to more injections but im so ready to warm my snowbaby for 9 months ☺ x

Hi all! Sorry I have been so quiet, just taken some time to enjoy life away from all things baby!

What's the latest on you guys? Rachy how are finding the meds?

As you have probably guessed, we made the decision not to go ahead with IVF. We decided that we are young enough to come back to this dream when we are financially more able and have the room. I'm just loving our life right now and our children and feel so relieved to finally not be consumed by my need for another child.

I won't be disappearing though, I'll be sticking with you for the journey!

A woman on my fb group actually just conceived without treatment, two and a half years after reversal!! So anything can happen, but I'm not expecting it to and I'm at peace with it.

Live - any updates on your first cycle? xx

hey ladies :wave: how you all doing? Xxx
Elmo im pleased that you are enjoying things at the moment and feeling more relaxed with things, that will make such a difference i bet! :thumbup:
Our first cycle was a fail, but totally expected it would be. Im cd8 now, ov next weekend hopefully. Our sa is due 21st dec (same day we had it 5 years ago):thumbup: so fx for that!! I did scope at hone afew weeks ago and saw movement but obviously that doesnt really tell us much, not really so we'll see. Will try and update a bit more now.
Hows things with you rachy? How you feeling? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->