The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

My Vag-Cam was to make sure my ovaries are sleeping and lining thin, unfortunately im still bleeding so there was fluid in my uterine cavity. That means i have to carry on with the buserelin injections and go for a rescan on friday. Hopefully ill have finished bleeding then can start estrogen. Transfer has been pushed back to dec 7th x

Fingers crossed for a Christmas miracle then hun..

Just had an email to say hubbys report for SA will be ready today.. just got to wait for that phone call now..

Had my pelvic assessment scan yesterday, I had 7 follicles on the right ovary and 10 on the right, so just need the SA results today and then we can go on the 4th Dec armed with all our stats to choose whether it's going to be IVF or ICSI.,

All the waiting is tedious though isn't it - I thought the 2ww was bad, but knowing we can't really start treatment until January is aaaaaages away!

Good luck for your re-scan on Friday xx

Hi, everyone, I have been such a BAD bnb'er! I had to come on and check on you ladies, Rachy I was expecting your transfer to have already happened, but guess it got pushed back quite a bit! Early December is right around the corner, it'll be here soooo soon! How did your most recent scan go?

liveinhope, how are you doing, while waiting out DH's surgery?

Hope everyone else is well! I've been so flippin' busy, we just did our donor egg FET, have a busy 15 month old, and running a business, just leaves mommy no time to go online! lol

So our 11 donor eggs were thawed on November 10th, and DH had to leave a fresh sample. We also had a frozen sperm sample as back-up, and it was one of his best frozen samples, with about 7 million count.

Anyways, about 3 hours after my scan that day to say "yep, go ahead, do ICSI on our frozen eggs", we get a call from the embryologist - "we have no sperm" - we were like, WTF?? The fresh sample was ZERO sperm, and the thawed back-up sperm came out to zero motile!! We were SO upset, DH decided we were heading right back to the clinic to provide another sample, and the embryologist was like "ah, I guess you can, but your sample only 3 hours before was ZERO" and my DH was like "I'm coming in!" - THANKGOD they hadn't thawed our REALLY EXPENSIVE donor eggs yet.

So anyways, DH goes in and provides a 'hail mary' sample, and finally an hour later, they're like "yep, we got 100,000 motile sperm!" I was CRYING like crazy for that entire hour, though, I was SO upset.

So anyways, our 11 donor eggs were thawed, and 10 survived! They ICSI'd all 10, and 5 fertilized. Day 3 all 5 were still going strong. Day 5 transfer day, we had 4 blasts! We decided to transfer one, a 5AA that was already hatching, and we have 3 frozen. AND that 5AA blast decided to implant, and today I got a BFP! Yippee!! It was such a stressful cycle, with the zero-sperm scare, and so nerve wrecking to thaw those 11 super-expensive eggs. I thought you ladies would all appreciate my "zero-sperm at the most inconvenient time" story!

Oh wow rdleela...mahooooooosive congratulations :happydance:
I can imagine how shocked you were..but so glad it turned out good in the end. And such a beautiful blast too 😉

My scan went well this time. Im finally then estrogen and prepping my lining. Ive another scan on December 1st then hopefully start progesterone suppositories xx

omg!!! Rdeela!! Amazing news! Congratulations!! I was reading your post, biting my nails, hubby was like what are you watching! I was half way down your post when I made himpause the tele and I went back and read it out load from the beginning! :shock: how unbelievably emotional that must have been! To have nothing then 100,000!!!! :shock: :shock: amazing! And its all done and now you have yourself a bubba :cloud9: congratulations! Awww thats made my day reading that!! Awwww xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All good here, im 4dpo today, coldy, grumpy, tired lol, nothing that screams 'early pregnancy' lol...dont tend to symptom spot much before 8dpo anyways....
We scoped again yesterday and saw a vast amount of sperm...they didnt look particulary motile (progressively anyway) but its still early days and it only takes one swimming in the right direction. Il paste the link to the vid. I love watching it :haha: Rachy so glad things are back on track for you, look at your chart, looks so smooth and steady :thumbup: dont think ive ever had one like that :haha:
I will try and ge ton here more this week, but I have another budy one...just mad at the minute :wacko: have a kovely week everybody xxxx :hugs: xxxx

9 weeks post vr xx https://youtu.be/AeGxlIOhYXA

Wow it's all go!!!! Rdleela CONGRATULATIONS! So nice to have some good news in here we really need it. You must be completely over the moon!

If hubby ever gets this company car so we can sell ours it will be a miracle in itself! Seems to be taking forever. It will only get us about half the way there financially and can't start saving again until after Xmas but at least I know we are working towards something. There's still a naive part of me that believes the Drs who say it will happen naturally! Will will see, I certainly no longer hold my breath. It's been what...17 months now since the reversal, nearly a year and a half and never even a hint of a bfp. I think sometimes though a situation takes you right to your breaking point, as I did, then you pull away from it, as I did and now I find it so much easier to deal with. I feel as though I have a much healthier attitude about it. I do feel in my heart though that one way or another it's going to happen eventually though it will probably be through the icsi. Who knows maybe I will eventually get my girl and it was just meant to happen this way with a gap so that she has three big brothers to look out for her! At this stage though a little boy would just be 😍 So either way.

Really good to read up on where you are all at! Xx

Awh thanks so much ladies! I'm cheering you all on! Rachy, so glad your scan went well! Dec 1st is just around the corner, and then transfer soon after! Yay!

Liveinhope, I knew you'd appreciate the zero sperm fiasco! I could write a gripping novel, I think! I loved your sperm video! I never had luck with scoping; it looked to me like you have a ton of motile ones, no?!

Elmo, thanks! And I think it's so healthy for you to have taken a step away and to be able to deal with all this better - sometimes it just takes time and patience xoxo

Had two HCG betas this week and they came back perfect, so now it's to wait for that first early scan in a couple weeks

Switching gears from trying so hard to get pregnant, to all of a sudden being pregnant is so weird. I guess it's not so "all of a sudden" cause I was trying so hard lol, but then again, in the back of your mind you prepare yourself for treatment to fail, so when it works it is kinda sudden! Lol oh how wonderful and weird...best of luck ladies!

hey all! :wave: awww it really is great news! So so happy for you!! Xxxxx
Yes the sperm sample showed loads moving but i was concerned that although every single one was moving, only the odd one was actually moving foward and going somewhere, the others were just whizzinground in tight circles, like chasing their tales.....so i thought maybe as it had been 4 days, maybe another sample with only 2 days might have a better amount of progressive motility.....the result....zero!! :shock: not one single one was moving! Confused, gutted! So i thought maybe i had kept them too warm for too long (in my bra for 40mins) so we did it the very next day and hubby kept it in his pocket for 30mins.....and again.....zero moving! :nope: im not too worried, i mean the tubes must be open right, they cant close up in a matter of days?? Surely?? So we are going to leave it and tomorrow will be 4 days again so we will see....maybe he has better form when they have afew days to hang about in there :shrug: soooo we shall see! And your fiasco has definitely put my mind at ease on just how a sample can fluctuate in literally the space of an hour! :shock: xxx so thank you for that :thumbup:
So how are you finding pregnancy this time around? Xxx
Im 9dpo and will test tomo morning...not feeling anything that i wouldnt normally feel i guess...although today very af crampy and tired....did an ic today just because, but was neg as expected xxxx

liveinhope, it's only been, like, two full months since his surgery? or even less? I think you shouldn't worry about it too much yet, it will take some time for the health of the sperm and production to get to a healthy level! Has he had an official SA done yet since the surgery?

Pregnancy second time around so far has been interesting, just because last time I didn't have a toddler keeping me busy and this time I do! Have my first ultrasound booked for Dec.17th at 7w2d, so still a wait to make sure all is good this early on!

Rachy, it must be getting close to transfer time! How's it going????

Hi girls! Sorry I haven't been around in a while! :flower: The twins keep me super busy these days!

@Rdleela, Congrats on your pregnancy! H&H 9 months to you! :flower: thumbup:

@Rachy, good luck and baby dust to you with your transfer! I hope you get a BFP! :dust::dust:

@Live, I hope your DH's :spermy: start to perk up and he gets really great numbers for his next SA! Good luck with TTC this cycle! :dust::dust: I hope you get your BFP!

@Elmo, Good luck and baby dust to you! I hope you can get your BFP the old fashioned way so you won't have to do an IVF cycle! :dust::dust:

Sorry if I missed anyone, I did my best trying to catch up on the thread! :flower:

AFM, Life has just been so super busy with the twins these days! We just did a kitchen remodel recently and we finally got around to installing these gray colored tiles for the flooring in there. It turned out really nice! :thumbup:

I am just impatiently counting down the days to my FET in the Spring time. As you can see by my ticker in my siggy! :thumbup: We have our X-mas tree out and are trying to keep our Christmas decorating all done this weekend. It is a challenge to get much of anything done with 2 year old twins, let alone decorating! :dohh:

Some sad news, my sister's MIL is in the hospital, initially it was for a swollen leg, which was due to a blood clot, and they then found blood clots in her lungs also. The found out she has cancer a lymphoma, and it has spread to her bones. She wasn't doing very good for a while, and we didn't think she was going to make it, but she perked up and started feeling better after a chemo treatment. Sadly since it has spread to her bones, I am not sure how much they can cure with the chemo, well at least she is being given more time with the treaments. She is a really sweet lady and really like family, I have known her since my sister first started dating my BIL since I was about 12. She is 85 now, so it is really amazing that she bounced back and was well enough to withstand the chemo. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I am trying to stay positive and doing the same. :cry: It stinks that I am 6 hours away from family so it is hard not even being able to go visit. I sent her flowers at the hospital, but I wish there was something more I could do.

hey ladies :wave:

Hope you are all ok!!

Rdeela glad its all going well so far! During my 2nd pregnancy, albeit short, I remember jsut how tiring it was being in early pregnancy and caring for a toddler, emily was 18months! It was so tiring and i napped more than she did :haha:
Yes its been only just less than 3 months since the vr and we got the sa booked today, for the 21st so I doubt we'd get the results this side of new year but I didnt want to miss out on trying this month (next week). Im remaining optimistic for now, have no reason not to be at the mo so Im going to blissfully carry on about my business until I have reason to be anything else. Im still temping for now and will use opks but thats it for now. Xx

Sorry to hear about your sisters mil wannabe! :nope: so sad.... Such sad news indeed :hugs: xxxx

Dont forget to update Rachy :thumbup:

Just a quick update ladies:

Im officially pupo :happydance:
Our little flump thawed with 100% cell survival and expanding nicely. xx

OMG ladies...look at my chart....dare i get excited yet? xx

eeek rachy! :dance: I am keeping everything crossed sooooo tightly!!! Xxxx

cmon rachy!! Coming on here this early in the morning just to see your chart! :haha: xxx

After having a 15 day luteal phase last month, this month it looks like I am due on tmr which is only 11 days - had a major bleed after sex at 6dpo - really really unusual but by morning had all cleared up then two days later started spotting, well its heavier than spotting and today temp started its descent!

One more cycle left before we go for our IVF/ICSI consultation, but I have to say Rachy your experience has made it feel less daunting...

Honestly charlie, the worst bit out the whole process isnt the injectables, not even the side effects but the waiting to see how many embryos you have, and the bit im at now! Its the emotional side of it especially when you want it so much. You're gonna be just fine :thumbup: xx

Thanks Hun xx thats the part I'm dreading but I figured it can't be any worse than getting your hopes up each month at ovulation and watching the chart like a hawk in the 2ww then hopes come crashing down when AF shows up..
I'm not dressing injecting, but the side effects do worry me.. I'm the sort who checks the side effects of antibiotics loool

How long until you can test? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->