The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Mum to Liam are you in the UK Hun? If you are in afraid you will have to go private :( the NHS won't help even under tragic circumstances. So happy to see some new members joining us though! It's been just us for quite a long time! My situation is similar to yours mumtoliam except we have three children (two together) had the vasectomy when youngest was weeks old and are now amazingly having our 4th baby, welcome to you both!!

Hopeful - Thursday is soooo close! Bet you can't wait, how hubby feeling lol?

Here is our sweet boy X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0
Hi mum to Liam! Welcome. My hubby had his when our baby was very small too and I'm hindsight it wasn't the time to make such a big decision. Good luck and keep posting :)

Well I just drove to Hartlepool and paid the balance. Eeeek this time in Thursday DH should be done and dusted :)

Congratulations Elmo on a beautiful boy and love the pic! How do you attach pics? xxx

Mum to Liam are you in the UK Hun? If you are in afraid you will have to go private :( the NHS won't help even under tragic circumstances. So happy to see some new members joining us though! It's been just us for quite a long time! My situation is similar to yours mumtoliam except we have three children (two together) had the vasectomy when youngest was weeks old and are now amazingly having our 4th baby, welcome to you both!!

Hopeful - Thursday is soooo close! Bet you can't wait, how hubby feeling lol?

Here is our sweet boy X

Wow, congrats to you, exiting stuff! Im hopeful that if we have it done it will work, im 35 and hubs is 42, we have 3 together.

Yeah i know i have to go private which is why i was surprised that we still have to be referred by our doctor, hopefully will be fine though, how long between consultation and procedure did you wait? Xx

Hi mum to Liam! Welcome. My hubby had his when our baby was very small too and I'm hindsight it wasn't the time to make such a big decision. Good luck and keep posting :)

Well I just drove to Hartlepool and paid the balance. Eeeek this time in Thursday DH should be done and dusted :)

Congratulations Elmo on a beautiful boy and love the pic! How do you attach pics? xxx

Oh wow, not long until you can start trying, i cant wait to get to that point lol.
Yeah i think just after having a baby is a wrong time to decide such a big thing, so i would love just one more, i have 4 boys and im lucky enough that i can be a SAHM, so my youngest will be at nursery next year, im super broody! Xx

Hello all, I've read through as much of your thread as I could, I'm amazed at the amount of time and support you've given each other!

We are just starting the process and have booked in for a VR consultation in 2 weeks time. We have a child each, but do not have one together. DH had his V 10(ish) years ago, after a surprise pregnancy in a previous relationship. He says it wasn't a situation he wanted to bring another child into, so he took permanent precautions. He was only young.

I know that the chances seem to decrease after such a long time, but we've done our research and hopefully have found someone with high success rates. I'm under 30 so we've been told we have that on our side, DH is older than me. Reading your journeys, and the recent successes have given me hope! I hope you don't mind me joining you, and that you're all doing well.

hiya! :wave: welcome to the group! Always room for another! The more the merrier! Its always lovely to share others' journeys with them! This part is so exciting! Im sure you'll find lots of answers here and with us ladies coming from different situations having faced different challenges along the way, we have many experiences we are happy to share with you.
10yrs is a long time but its just their statistics and ive seen and known plemty of success with 10yrs + since original vr! My hubby was 8yrs, then as he had a redo that was 5 yrs later so technically 13yrs after original vasectomy and Im nearly 30weeks preg now. :thumbup: when we first started talking VR it was after our friends had success (they were the only people id known to have it done) and it had been 15yrs since his original vasectomy and they had two boys. One about a year after then when he was 1 she was preg again :thumbup: xx

Wish you all the best on your journey! Please keep us posted! xx

Hi ladies, can i join your group?
Im a mum of 4, hubbie had a Vacectomy a month after my last baby, 2 1/2 years ago, im so broody, have been for a wee while, regretting my hubbie getting it done, but he has agreed to have it reversed... After a few months of persuasion, he wrote 'ok' in my birthday card last week!☺️
Called up our local hospital and asked for a consultation, but they told us that they need a referral from his doctor, hoping just a phone call will do it, then we can start the process��xx

Hi there! :wave: welcome! What great news hubby has agreed to the reversal, what a lovely birthday prezzy! :dance: if you are in the uk, you shouldnt need a referral! As it is a private procedure and you will need to pay for it you can have it done whereever you wish and no referrals are needed! But I cant see you having any probs getting one if thats what your Consulatant recommended :thumbup:
Exciting times ahead for lots of us VRwags then! :dance: xxx

2more sleeps hopeful!! :dance::dance: xxx

elmo! About time! :haha: we've been waiting for your piccy! Hello baby boy!! :cloud9: gorgeous bump too! Im totally in love with mine, cant stop touching it! :cloud9:

Mum2liam, we had our consulatation on the morning of the op lol. It was included in the price. If we wanted a separate one before the op it would have been over £100 more i think it was. We had dine our research and decided to go with DR Harriss both times and just went for it. Xx

Oh wow, not long until you can start trying, i cant wait to get to that point lol.
Yeah i think just after having a baby is a wrong time to decide such a big thing, so i would love just one more, i have 4 boys and im lucky enough that i can be a SAHM, so my youngest will be at nursery next year, im super broody! Xx

To be honest we have spoken about it for the last two years and literally about 6 weeks ago we made a very fast decision. We had a consultation in May and here we are :)
Have a look at your options . I think you'll find it can be done quite quickly.
If this doesn't work out we will go to DR Harris too but hopefully it will :)

elmo! About time! :haha: we've been waiting for your piccy! Hello baby boy!! :cloud9: gorgeous bump too! Im totally in love with mine, cant stop touching it! :cloud9:

Mum2liam, we had our consulatation on the morning of the op lol. It was included in the price. If we wanted a separate one before the op it would have been over £100 more i think it was. We had dine our research and decided to go with DR Harriss both times and just went for it. Xx

Wow, that was quick! Im exited to have him get it done, so can get back on the pregnancy wagon( all being well) so many on here have been successful! Xx

To be honest we have spoken about it for the last two years and literally about 6 weeks ago we made a very fast decision. We had a consultation in May and here we are :)
Have a look at your options . I think you'll find it can be done quite quickly.
If this doesn't work out we will go to DR Harris too but hopefully it will :)

So glad to have found this thread, speaking to a family member and a friend, the reaction is ' what' feeling like i have to justify it, so i say no more lol, nice that there are women in the same boat xx

My family haven't been as supportive as I'd like but my friends have. I guess 4 kids is quite a lot for a lot of people but I'd have 10 of I could haha xxx

My family haven't been as supportive as I'd like but my friends have. I guess 4 kids is quite a lot for a lot of people but I'd have 10 of I could haha xxx

Haha, well we said one more as we have 1 space left in the car lol, I also have 2 older step children, more the merrier i say! I would have loved to have lots of siblings, i love seeing how close my boys are with each other, closest friends they will have x

Haha, well we said one more as we have 1 space left in the car lol, I also have 2 older step children, more the merrier i say! I would have loved to have lots of siblings, i love seeing how close my boys are with each other, closest friends they will have x

Haha yes we have a 7 seater too . Will need a mini bus for trips away lol.
It's lovely. I have 3 girls and 1 boy. He's desperate for a brother bless him but I've explained you don't get to pick haha x

aww thats a shame about your family! We didnt tell ours the first time. They thought we would never have children then we did it all in secret, the first antbody knew was when I was pregnant. That was an incredibly emotional day, we'd taken my paretns out for a meal. Em is their first grandchild, and my nans first great grandchild. Hubby has 4 from prvious marriage. 3 boys and a girl 26-19 but we only reqlly have a relationship with the oldest, he has a 2yr old! So i became a nanny in my 20's:haha: but its all good! :thumbup: xxx

Aww wow thats so lovely. I know....it's a shame but I told them so there would be no shock/negative reactions if we get to announce a pregnancy. They are coming round now but I'd have been furious if they rained on my parade xx

That sounds a bit self indulgent but it would be awful to announce a pregnancy and not have a positive reaction.
Anyway tomorrow is the day!!!!!! woooohoooooo xxx

heya! No i totally get you! Its a wonderful time amd its only natural you want your nearest and dearest to share your excitement with you! I too would have been cross and upset if there was any negativity.

Ive come on to wish you and hubby all the best for tomorrow! Hope it all goes well and the next time we hear from you, it'll all be over and you will be on the other side, the real fun starts then! :winkwink: xxxx

DH been in surgery for 3 hours he must be almost done! I hope this means they have managed to attach both sides :) . Omg my nerves lol xxxx

I hope it's all gone well!!!!!

We used Dr Harris as well.

We also had consultation on the same day and never had a referal I don't think xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->