Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

My fingers are crossed for twins for you too Rosa!! haha! It would be so much fun! A lot of work but SO much fun! :D

HAHA! Oh boy...we've started something here! Thank you! First, we have to work on just GETTING preggo...then we'll worry about twins. (I secretly hope it's twins, too!):crib::crib:

I was hoping for twins at my first scan, but alas there was only one. Which I still love more than anything else in this world. I've always dreamed of girl and boy twins, that would just be perfect!!

Wouldn't that be wonderful?! I wouldn't want 2 of one gender though. I mean I'd love it, but if I'm going to have twins, I'd like to be DONE with ttc! :haha: Which means one girl and one boy.

haha The only problem with twins for me is, I enjoy being pregnant too much to have twins. If I had twins then I'd be done as well. But I'd like to be pregnant again just because I enjoy it so much. I've been considering becoming a surrogate within the next few years.

Do ya'll welcome newbies? LOL!

I'm currently in limbo right now (I have PCOS)....last time I saw AF was on Feb.15th....I thought I ovulated on the 6th of March but I didn't....cause I would have started by now....March 22 I went to see my GYN for Clomid but instead she increased my Metformin to 1000mg and then had some blood work done which revealed that everything was normal accept a glucose test which was ever so slightly elevated so I have to go in on the 7th of April for further testing with my PCP. She wants me to ovulate on my own with the Metformin and if I don't start my cycle on the 1st of April I am to take Provera and if I don't ovulate then on my next appt on May 4th she will prescribe me Clomid.....*deep breath*

I tried getting that into a nutshell and considering everything I think i did pretty good...LOL....sorry for all the at once info just wanted to bring anyone intersted up to speed on my current situation....

I am also using OPK's and Saliva testing....

Welcome pambolina!! Of course we welcome newbies!! I promise you'll find the ladies here to be absolutely wonderful and most supportive. They are so wonderful in fact that I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I just can't stand the thought of leaving lol. They are the only reason I made it through first tri with any amount of my sanity left.

I'm sorry your doctor is wanting you to wait a bit longer before prescribing clomid. We have a few clomid girls in here as well. Have you tested recently or did your doctor draw bloods to rule out pregnancy? Why cycle are you on? And what is saliva testing?

Pam- Welcome!! I just recently was told I have PCOS my cycles have been normal until last cycle it was 40days and was put on 500mg of Metformin. The only change I seem to have so far is really low bbt. Its really throwing me off on chartiing. I hope you either get AF soon so you can move on to the next cycle or you get your BFP! Good luck!!

Welcome pambolina!! Of course we welcome newbies!! I promise you'll find the ladies here to be absolutely wonderful and most supportive. They are so wonderful in fact that I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I just can't stand the thought of leaving lol. They are the only reason I made it through first tri with any amount of my sanity left.

I'm sorry your doctor is wanting you to wait a bit longer before prescribing clomid. We have a few clomid girls in here as well. Have you tested recently or did your doctor draw bloods to rule out pregnancy? Why cycle are you on? And what is saliva testing?

Thanks so much! Yea I hate having to wait to but if I was to go in tomorrow it would be with a temp doctor and I'd rather just see my official doctor and have things go right....Pregnancy has been ruled out....and as far as my cycles go I've only had 3 bleeds since 2009.....and 2 of those were in Dec. 2010 and my latest one which was Feb.2011....Saliva testing is when you use a microscope and check your saliva for "ferning"....when your saliva is "ferning" it means you are about 3-5 days from approaching ovulation or are already ovulating....I chose this method on top of OPK's cause having PCOS can throw off the OPK's due to hormonal imbalance's....so I use both as precaution...lol...I wanna find that egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some pics of my current saliva testing (but still negative OPK's)

It's called Ferning because it looks like a fern (plant)

Attachments

• salivatest.jpg
    salivatest.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
  • salivatest1.jpg
    salivatest1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
  • salivatest2.jpg
    salivatest2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1
Pam- Welcome!! I just recently was told I have PCOS my cycles have been normal until last cycle it was 40days and was put on 500mg of Metformin. The only change I seem to have so far is really low bbt. Its really throwing me off on chartiing. I hope you either get AF soon so you can move on to the next cycle or you get your BFP! Good luck!!

I know PCOS can be stressfull :hugs: I was diagnosed in 2003 and unfortunately for my has steadily gotten worse! I was originally on 500mg Metformin but I am now at 1000mg but my GYN wants me on 1500mg, I dunno when that will happen....

I am praying I'll either ovulate soon or AF will show up....I'm just ready for SOMETHING to happen!!!!!

Welcome Pam!

About the twins thing, I used to be obsessed with twins, I was actually googling taking clomid for no reason OTHER than to conceive twins.. I was crazy.. but then I had boy/girl twins enroll in my home daycare, and now I am VERY relieved to only have a singleton in this belly!! THey are TERRIBLE!!!!!!! One on one, FINE, but they have been together constantly since the womb and they are just HORRIBLE together. Im sure a lot is personality and that there are 4 kids in their family, but they are very well disciplined by their parents and not allowed to misbehave like that but yet they do it anyway and seriously give me gray hairs! And they are almost 4. Made me happy to not have twins lol!! but then again if i did have them i'd be just as happy b/c they'd be MINE ! =) Other peoples kids are never nearly as special as your own!

Love, I think it's awesome that you want to be a surogate! What a wonderful gift you'll give someone. :flower:

Pam, welcome! :hi: I'm on my 2nd round of clomid. Were you hoping to be on it, or afraid of being on it? I went in PRAYING that my doc would give it to me, but I didn't ask. I have low progesterone, but seem to ovulate on my own. However, probably not good eggs. So, he put me on clomid. The first cycle, I o'ed and had a progesterone level of 19, which was a big change from the previous 8! I was very excited, but no bfp. :nope: So, I just started round 2 last night. I've had no real problems on it...hot flashes in the middle of the night, which are annoying, but doable. Little cramps throughout the cycle. Again, annoying but whatever.

Heather, twins could be pretty hard! However, if the parents know how to discipline, I think it would be no worse than having 2 kids at different ages. Of course, I'm not a parent, so I don't know. (I AM an elementary school teacher, though...) :winkwink:

Still waiting for the doc to call with the SA results. Pray for me! :coffee:

Hi, Pam :hi: I've struggled through two looong cycles, like over 55 days, so I feel your pain. I hope you O soon!

Rosa, FX FX FX....

Thanks, Ready. My dh and I both work at the same school on Tuesday mornings, so we both have our cell phones in our pockets, just waiting. We're not sure who they'll call. If I don't hear by lunch time, I'm calling the office. They can chalk me up as another crazed ttc woman wanting results! :haha:

Thanks, Ready. My dh and I both work at the same school on Tuesday mornings, so we both have our cell phones in our pockets, just waiting. We're not sure who they'll call. If I don't hear by lunch time, I'm calling the office. They can chalk me up as another crazed ttc woman wanting results! :haha:

:rofl: And you are, hun, you are... But we all are! Ugh this cycle is going to be brutal, and long...it already feels long and it just started. I'm sorry we're not on the same CD this time :) But we're very close...

OMG! I just felt a sharp pain/twinge in my left side that i figure could be ovulation pain!
But i wasn't expecting it until around the 5th April! (i do get irregular cycles periodically)
What should i do girls!?? (luckily we BD'ed last night) Would tonight be too late if the egg is already released? (i can't do it now as kids around!)
Ahhhhhhhhhh ?Maybe it is just my irritable bowel lol
Should know in a few days though as my boobs get tender within 1-2 days of ovulating usually. :0)

Dee, keep bding until you sure, sure that you ovulated...I used to think my sharp twinge was definitely O, but now I know that I get all kinds of little aches & pains in the days before as well. It could be the follicle swelling, or who knows. :dust: to you for this cycle!

Rosa, I'm with Kiki, we're waiting to hear :brat: :)

No word yet. :hissy: I've already called once and left a message, and I'M SICK OF WAITING!!! :hissy:

Ahhhh!! So frustrating! Like waiting since yesterday wasn't enough.. They are going to make today the longest day of your life waiting!! I hate when they do that. Don't they know how it is to be on the other end waiting? Fx'd they call very soon! Make sure you call again if they don't!

Just called again...she said (after I waited for a long time on hold) that the doc is the one that calls with the info. She's sure it's sitting on his desk, and he'll call when he has time. I'm like seriously? :hissy: I said I was just very anxious about the results and wanted to know them asap. She said I understand. Right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->