Those TTC for awhile.

ok, here's what i found about fibroids. looks like it shouldn't affect getting pregnant.

Many women with uterine fibroids experience no signs or symptoms. If that's the case for you, watchful waiting (expectant management) could be the best option. Fibroids aren't cancerous. They rarely interfere with pregnancy. They usually grow slowly — or not at all — and tend to shrink after menopause when levels of reproductive hormones drop.

Oooooh brilliant! thank you for that!

she did say that left ovary was hiding behind uterus so she wasnt sure IF it was ovary or a fibroid which is why shes arranging trans-vag scan

So the only thing that is going to stop me geting pregnant is my age

your so lovely for looking that up - thank you :hugs:

oh, i'm sorry hun. i don't know what fibroids are, but i will do some googling. i'm glad that everything else looks good. even if you would have a fibroid on one side, the other still looks good. it also doesn't mean there's anything there, sometimes it's just hard to see on a scan. the transvag u/s will be able to show more clearly. i have had MANY of these done. when i was pregnant with ds i had one about every two weeks for the first few months. they were checking my cervical length because of a previous surgery i had, to make sure it could sustain the pregnancy. (they had to cut off a portion of my cervix) it's just a very thin wand with a camera on the end. may sound scary, but i assure you it's no big deal and you will barely feel it. and i promise, it does not hurt at all.

Thank you hunnie

She showed me the wand so that i wouldnt be scared of it, she did say that left ovary was probably hiding behind uterus - none of that worried me

it was just the little comment she made at the end that upset me

but im really happy that it all looks fine in there

you had to hold my hand yesterday when i did my first CP check so you know what im like lol Ive only ever had 3 smear tests in my life lol

yeah, that's probably what happened. it's hard to see everything in there. the trans u/s will help to see more. well, yes you are older, but it's not too late yet! it just means that you need to be more proactive about it. here's what i found for ttc over 40:
f you are over 40 you have a one in twenty chance of conceiving each cycle. This means that it could take up to 20 months for conception to occur. It is highly recommended that if you are over the age of 40, begin trying to conceive under the care of your physician. This will insure that time will not be wasted, and that everything is done correctly for conception to occur. The Bottom Line

Keep in mind that statistics are merely an average look at the general population --there are always exceptions. Some women may experience unexplained infertility in their twenties only to give birth time and again in their thirties. With everything you hear, take it all as information only and do no get upset if you are 36 years old and just now trying to conceive. Chances are before you know it you will be holding that bundle of joy and these statistics will be the last thing on your mind. Be sure to have a good pre-pregnancy checkup with your physician, no matter what your age. Starting off on the best foot possible will insure a positive outcome.

i would really push to get all the tests necessary to confirm you are ovulating and to check your hormone levels. a lot of times it's an easy fix should levels be off. dr may even want you to take clomid just to ensure O. this might help you get pregnant faster.

and after you have a baby, you won't be scared of scans or ob visits anymore! i used to be terrified of blood draws. so much so that i would almost pass out everytime someone took my blood. i always had to lay in that chair. it was terribly embarrassing for me. after going through labor though, i no longer have that phobia. it's so nice to not have to freak out about it anymore!

i would really push to get all the tests necessary to confirm you are ovulating and to check your hormone levels. a lot of times it's an easy fix should levels be off. dr may even want you to take clomid just to ensure O. this might help you get pregnant faster.

oooh that was interesting

The person this morning did ask if i had a gyne and i said that i have my doctor and she said "good tell him to check you over" - im going to call on monday for an appt about the scans and will say then that i want my hormones checked and to confirm that im ov

i asked him last week when i saw him if i was ov and he replied "you just had a probably mc so i would say yes" - i told him then that i wasnt happy with that reply and to be ready for me next time he sees me

he knows that im the type of person to have a :hissy: fit in his surgery and refuse to leave lol

this is my 5th month and i read that over 35 (i think or it may have been 40) you can get checked out after 6 months - its a year for younger women

yes at 35+ you can get checked at 6 months, but at 40 you can get checked right away. i think you should. it can't hurt anyway. they can probably help you to conceive faster even if everything checks out ok. i've been trying 7 months now, but i'm 32 so i will have to wait a few more months yet. there may not be anything wrong with me either as i do have one son, but i would take whatever they want me to if helps to get pregnant again,lol!

yes at 35+ you can get checked at 6 months, but at 40 you can get checked right away. i think you should. it can't hurt anyway. they can probably help you to conceive faster even if everything checks out ok. i've been trying 7 months now, but i'm 32 so i will have to wait a few more months yet. there may not be anything wrong with me either as i do have one son, but i would take whatever they want me to if helps to get pregnant again,lol!

Oh great - at 40+ your priority lol makes me feel good - not!!!

Well ive now had 3 sets of blood tests done -all normal
1 pelvis n abdominal ultrasound scan done - all normal
soon to have trans-vag scan

so just hormones and Ov to test and thats a full M.O.T.

How do they check Ov -is that having bloods done on certain days?

i believe you have bloods done at beginning of your cycle and then again around cd21. maybe someone else on here knows more though. that's just what i have read from other posters so ican't say for sure. all of it should be just simple bloodwork though. they will check progesterone, estrogen, fsh for sure. not sure what else.

i believe you have bloods done at beginning of your cycle and then again around cd21. maybe someone else on here knows more though. that's just what i have read from other posters so ican't say for sure. all of it should be just simple bloodwork though. they will check progesterone, estrogen, fsh for sure. not sure what else.

ahhhhhh so the hormone test and ov test are the same

im def going to speak to him again about it

he did say to me that he didnt rely or trust the results - he could just mean that if i had 2nd test on CD21 but didnt ov until CD35 then hormones would be the same as CD1

im starting to feel like a pin cushion with all the bloods ive had done recently

im sure getting my monies worth from the NHS lol

i suppose it may be harder with an unpredictable cycle. maybe they could just have you come in more often around the time you think you o? the other hormone tests i believe can be done anytime so you could at least see if those are in normal range. do you have a month of a complete chart on ff? i only see a partial month recorded there. it would be easier to see if you o'd with a complete chart.

i suppose it may be harder with an unpredictable cycle. maybe they could just have you come in more often around the time you think you o? the other hormone tests i believe can be done anytime so you could at least see if those are in normal range. do you have a month of a complete chart on ff? i only see a partial month recorded there. it would be easier to see if you o'd with a complete chart.

No :sad: i only starting temping last month

but the month before was only a 16 day cycle so i didnt have time to breath let alone temp/chart lol

im hoping now im agnus castus which brought on my AF 1st jan that im on track for an ok month - i think nov/dec was a flooky month because of mc

yes it probably messed things up for a bit, but it should get back on track this cycle. really hoping you get your little beans soon!

yes it probably messed things up for a bit, but it should get back on track this cycle. really hoping you get your little beans soon!

Stop saying it plural :rofl:

bean as in singular lol

if it wasnt for the 16 day cycle i would have just said nov/dec was def down to mc as they werent too bad before that

well, ruby did say you are gonna have twins,lol! i really want her to be right cause she said i will get preggo either this month or in april. and a girl! i really want a baby girl. more importantly healthy of course. i would be happy with either, or both haha! i've had a bit of a wierd time myself this cycle. i have always had normal 5 days bleeds, this time it stopped for half a day then started again. really wierd. trying not to freak out about it. a lot of women have said once they ttc their cycles have gone off some months. maybe it's only because we are paying so much more attention to them now.

well, ruby did say you are gonna have twins,lol! i really want her to be right cause she said i will get preggo either this month or in april. and a girl! i really want a baby girl. more importantly healthy of course. i would be happy with either, or both haha! i've had a bit of a wierd time myself this cycle. i have always had normal 5 days bleeds, this time it stopped for half a day then started again. really wierd. trying not to freak out about it. a lot of women have said once they ttc their cycles have gone off some months. maybe it's only because we are paying so much more attention to them now.

I was shot down yesterday by someone telling me that they were all fakes and we shouldnt believe them, its all crap basically - really put a downer on me to be honest

I take the readings with a pinch of salt but its nice to receive them and its my money i wasted if they are fake

but OMGcan you imagine if it was real and it did happen!!!!!!

Id love a girl too - dont know why but never (since i was younger) have wanted a boy

Its true - if you had made a note of all your AFs since you started, you would be amazed how many were shorter, longer, lighter etc its only because we now notice every little twinge that we think theres something wrong

Having waited 53 days for my af when it came it lasted 2 1/2 days! and was quite light!

I cant wait for the day that you tell me you have your BFP - i think i will be happier than you xx

i think some are fake but some are real. i had one predict when i would meet OH and get engaged. she had predicted it for a couple years away that i would meet him and she was right! we met and got engaged when she said we would. i was also in tech collage at the time and she said she didn't see me doing what my major was, she saw me getting into real estate at age 32. well, i am 32 and i am working for DH who is a real estate agent! (i also have another part time job outside the home) i really wish i remember who it was, but it was so long ago now. that made me a believer, but i do take it with a grain of salt too. it's just a fun thing to do. way to pass the time. and sometimes they are right! i didn't want a boy either, but that was before i had one. now i love my little guy so much, couldn't be happier. he is so much fun. he loves to cuddle...but is all boy. loves to throw everything and bang things together. torments the poor dogs. but still wants his mommy, so i'm happy!
i can't wait for your BFP'S, haha! i will be so very happy for you.

i think some are fake but some are real. i had one predict when i would meet OH and get engaged. she had predicted it for a couple years away that i would meet him and she was right! we met and got engaged when she said we would. i was also in tech collage at the time and she said she didn't see me doing what my major was, she saw me getting into real estate at age 32. well, i am 32 and i am working for DH who is a real estate agent! (i also have another part time job outside the home) i really wish i remember who it was, but it was so long ago now. that made me a believer, but i do take it with a grain of salt too. it's just a fun thing to do. way to pass the time. and sometimes they are right! i didn't want a boy either, but that was before i had one. now i love my little guy so much, couldn't be happier. he is so much fun. he loves to cuddle...but is all boy. loves to throw everything and bang things together. torments the poor dogs. but still wants his mommy, so i'm happy!
i can't wait for your BFP'S, haha! i will be so very happy for you.

STOP WITH THE PLURAL :rofl:

I have been to see many psychics in the past and to list all the things they said that came true, iwould be here all week! oooh wait i am already lol

I understand what this person was saying, if they were real why would they charge, why would they need your date of birth etc but i really felt shot down by it, i was on such a high when i got the reading (you were with me that night) and we were laughing and joking about it and then suddenly i felt it was all taken away from me, it wasnt what she said, just the way it was said i guess.

I know IF i got pregnant and had a boy, all thoughts would go out of my head, its just if i was given a choice

as long as its healthy thats all that matters

wouldnt it be great if both of ours came true though

Yes it would! Not everyone Is a believer so try not to let her get you down. I really think its hit and miss. I just try to off reputation who I pick and just for fun too. It's not like I'm ginna base my whole life on what they say. It's just fun to see if it really happens. Ok, I'll stop with the plural.....for now!

Yes it would! Not everyone Is a believer so try not to let her get you down. I really think its hit and miss. I just try to off reputation who I pick and just for fun too. It's not like I'm ginna base my whole life on what they say. It's just fun to see if it really happens. Ok, I'll stop with the plural.....for now!

It is a bit of fun and nice to get nice ones

lol i;ll see how long it takes you to stop with plurals - going to have twins now just so you can say "told you so" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->