Thread for TTC#1 12months+

The nurse was like "we try not to have any octamoms coming out of this clinic" lol

bah i typed a biglong message and it didn't post.

fx'd for you sugarpi, hopefully no octomum like results for you though!

Lol I think hubby and I both would faint if we had more than twins...okay hubby would probably freak if I had twins even lol :) my level was low so I'm staying on the same dosage and I go back Wednesday for an u/s and bloodwork.

Good luck with u/s on wednesday. Hopefully you'll have an eggy or two to use.

Welcome Amelia - we'll be at 21 months ttc in about 10 days time so I know how you feel. FX you get your bfp very soon.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Can I join??? I have been TTC for 3 years. I am 22 y/o and currently 7DPO

So confused! I don't know if I should attempt a second round of clomid or go straight to iui this month. Why can't these decisions be easier?! And why can't my insurance at least cover my meds? :wacko:

Welcome Amelia - we'll be at 21 months ttc in about 10 days time so I know how you feel. FX you get your bfp very soon.

Hope everyone is doing well!

If you don't mind my asking ( let me know if this is too nosey)..... do you have unexplained fertility or do you know the cause?

Amelia-- Why can't you do Clomid and IUI? I would think that would give you your best chances.

Amelia-- Why can't you do Clomid and IUI? I would think that would give you your best chances.

We did think about that..... its just that our insurance doesn't cover anything and the price difference between clomid alone and clomid with iui is about $1000-. I'm afraid that the first iui won't work and then we will be back to square one. But if we do clomid by itself we could afford a few more tries. My dh only has 11% morph. but his count is 400 mil (which helps). So I'm thinking just maybe clomid may work by itself.... I really hope so anyway.

Amelia--- Can you try Clomid, and if by any chance it doesn't work fall back on the iui? I am not sure of your finances, but it sounds like that may be the smart way to go, especially financially :hugs:

Welcome Pino! :)

cntrygrl - doing ok I guess, just took a test (a little early at 9/10dpo) and got bfn. Guess I'll have to see if I start spotting as usual over the next few days. How are you?

Amelia - Not nosey at all :) I guess it's unexplained as they have done a few tests (SA, Bloodtests, HSG) and found nothing wrong. FS won't do anymore tests now so I guess I'm lumped in the unexplained category (I don't believe in unexplained - more like 'not found the problem yet'...!) How about you?

Amelia--- Can you try Clomid, and if by any chance it doesn't work fall back on the iui? I am not sure of your finances, but it sounds like that may be the smart way to go, especially financially :hugs:

That is a good idea! I think I would be more comfortable spending the money for iui if we gave the clomid a good go first. I was on clomid for 1 cycle last year and it didn't work but I was under a ton of stress that month so I didn't expect it to work.

Welcome Pino! :)

cntrygrl - doing ok I guess, just took a test (a little early at 9/10dpo) and got bfn. Guess I'll have to see if I start spotting as usual over the next few days. How are you?

Amelia - Not nosey at all :) I guess it's unexplained as they have done a few tests (SA, Bloodtests, HSG) and found nothing wrong. FS won't do anymore tests now so I guess I'm lumped in the unexplained category (I don't believe in unexplained - more like 'not found the problem yet'...!) How about you?

My hubby has a very high count of 400 million but poor morphology, a lot of them are missing their midpeices or have no tails at all! So he is losing weight and cut back on smoking a lot, eating much healthier. It will be a year since his last SA. I had a clear hsg but they found one tiny spot of endo on my bladder that they removed in december during lap and dye, not sure if that one spot bothered me any though. Willing my period to start soon, just got another bfn so I can get started on the clomid again. My fingers are crossed :flower:

Hi Ladies,

Can i Join?

Some background :
im 28, Dh is 33. We have beeing ttc from just over a year. The last couple of months we have started some testing and discovered i have PCOS.

For teh last year we have tried various things - but not too much cause i was getting a little to stressed out with it all so we deceied to tone it down. Since JAn I have been focusing on eating well and doing alot of excersize. Lost some weight and feeling overall pretty good. Im a regular 14 - dr thinks 5kgs lighter would help! (so annoying - but its not to much so....)

So this month we went through folicular monitoring to see if i was actually ovulating on my own - well i did this cycle and i actuall felt it. Im not sure if this was due to teh good eating or excersize or i have been alll along...either way im glad.

Im on 5dpo and feeling very little.

if this cycle doesnt work we go on to clomid.

Im struggeling with this journey - the not knowing if or when is tough! ( not that i need to tell you all that)

I wish you all the best on your journey and would love to keep in touch for and offer some support.

Ps my typing is really bad - im dyslexic! :)

Welcome to everyone new! Sure we will get some bfps on this thread soon

I'm on cd9. Cd3 bloods were fine, smear and swabs have been postponed to next week which is frustrating

Mrs B-- Doing pretty well. Currently CD12 and on my 2nd round of Clomid. I like your "not found, yet" I fall into that same category.

Kakaloo-- Welcome. Good Luck this month and wtg with the diet & exercise.

Amelia--- I figure that if one thing fails, the next is an option, and always start with the cheapest :haha: Clomid might have failed the first time because of the stress. I would tell you to relax, but it is a bit hypocritical. I have tried all the "relaxing" techniques, and so far none have worked LOL. I have OCD so it makes it difficult, especially when things don't go the way I planned them :blush: I really hope this next go does you justice. A spot of endo on your bladder should not have been an issue TTC wise, but better to be safe than sorry. When is your OH getting another SA?? And I still have hope for you this month, your temps seem more stable compared to last cycle, and it is still high :hugs:

Mrs. B-- I love your "not found yet" explanation. It bugs me that many doctors rush into "unexplained INFERTILITY" UGH that word should be banned LOL. There always is some kind of explanation....

I actually read a medical journal in which it was talking about the most common causes of "unexplained infertility" (Unexplained fertility is when the doctor KNOWS you are trying and can't find anything wrong....) With that said all of these woman were taking vitamins, taking their temps at the same time every morning etc. BUT they were not having enough sex. Yes the obvious LMAO. The journal made me laugh because 60% of these woman were either having sex at the wrong time, not enough sex, or not having sex at all...... Figured you would get a kick out of it LOL I am NOT saying you are not having sex, but now you know why that stupid phrased is thrown around a little too easily

As for me I am 8 DPO, I have been a bit moody the last couple days, but that's pretty normal post O :shrug:

Amelia--- I figure that if one thing fails, the next is an option, and always start with the cheapest :haha: Clomid might have failed the first time because of the stress. I would tell you to relax, but it is a bit hypocritical. I have tried all the "relaxing" techniques, and so far none have worked LOL. I have OCD so it makes it difficult, especially when things don't go the way I planned them :blush: I really hope this next go does you justice. A spot of endo on your bladder should not have been an issue TTC wise, but better to be safe than sorry. When is your OH getting another SA?? And I still have hope for you this month, your temps seem more stable compared to last cycle, and it is still high :hugs:

Mrs. B-- I love your "not found yet" explanation. It bugs me that many doctors rush into "unexplained INFERTILITY" UGH that word should be banned LOL. There always is some kind of explanation....

I actually read a medical journal in which it was talking about the most common causes of "unexplained infertility" (Unexplained fertility is when the doctor KNOWS you are trying and can't find anything wrong....) With that said all of these woman were taking vitamins, taking their temps at the same time every morning etc. BUT they were not having enough sex. Yes the obvious LMAO. The journal made me laugh because 60% of these woman were either having sex at the wrong time, not enough sex, or not having sex at all...... Figured you would get a kick out of it LOL I am NOT saying you are not having sex, but now you know why that stupid phrased is thrown around a little too easily

As for me I am 8 DPO, I have been a bit moody the last couple days, but that's pretty normal post O :shrug:

Sending you a massive :hugs: Just got home from work and was feeling pretty down but you just made me feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->