Tinsel Tots 2009

Morning ladies..how are you all. Just ahd a quick flick thru the hundreds of pages i have missed. We have new members???
Welcome , sorry cant rememebr the names , my wireless is not very good so cant keep looking at previous posts but hope you all enjoy your time on Tinsel Tots

I agree with testing at 14DPO but thats beacuse i couldnt handle BFN's...how can i updtae page 1 with the flashy BFP thing??

Im feeling much better, can at least move now. was having twinges on the left yesterday and thought i was Ov but did a POK and it was neg...
will test again later and hopefully try to BD..may as well try

Its great being at home and watching daytime TV..xx

p.s any more BFP apar from Scarlett?

:coffee: Promise us that if your brain starts to melt you'll turn off the TV and watch a DVD - there's only so much daytime TV the human brain can take! :wacko:
Good to hear you're wanting to try to BD again - you have PMA by the bucketload and that's what we all need. :hugs::hugs::dust:

Hi lil_angel,
The hag hasn't shown up, if that's what you mean! Don't know when to expect it as I've started taking B-100 complex to lengthen my luteal phase. I'm a little bit nauseous on and off but that seems to be standard before AF now. Time was, I'd mistake it for a pregnancy symptom and once I do that it's just horrible when AF turns up so I don't look for anything unless it hits me in the face like when I woke up (CD22) knowing I was pregnant with #1 - even then I left the testing for almost 2 weeks becasue I felt I only needed it to prove to my GP I was pregnant.
How about you?
Don't think I'll be testing until I know I'm either very late or definitely pregnant!
Abi x

Well thats a good thing that :witch: hasnt showed up yet then?!

Im ok atm! Im just wait for Friday to come around, but am havin second thoughts about testin then. Fridays the day :witch: is due, and i feel like i need 2 wait a few more days afterwards just to make sure she doesnt turn up and i get a def positive. Hmmm....not sure wha now.....test friday mornin....or maybe Monday morning??? Decisions Decisions!

Today is am feelin REALLY REALLY hungry.....its such a weird thing, as im never REALLY hungry like this...do u think it could be a little sign!! Ive not had any other sign apart from being REALLY tired and REALY hot at night! Not many good signs really, so hope this is my month for the :bfp: i want! Pleaseee :)

Lil x

Hi All,

I think I am out. I need chart advice, if you could please take a look. AF due this Friday and my temps ALREADY going down. I thought they were supposed to keep rising if I was preg. Actually I am confused because I thought they would rise at least to where they were on last Cd1 whether I was preg or not and they are much lower.
Does anyone know much about this?

EmilyLynn, Lil_Angel-I think I have a grip now and definitely not testing unless after late, esp. now that I don't think I am PG. Except for my sore BBs all my other mystery symptoms seem to be gone and I always get sore BBs anyway.

Babybound-sorry things not going as hoped with BD this month. I had almost the same thing happen last month and it was mostly DH fault and boy I couldn't help being so mad at him for WEEKS! I normally am not like that but last month I had my transvag. and there was a ripe follicle when I went and it was so exciting I couldn't wait to go home and BD and he was just not up for much/tired. I hate feeling like I am "begging" for it during OV and for some reason that is always the one week a month when things just aren't synching up.

Muncho-good hearing from you and it sounds like you have a great mindset at the moment. Enjoy some relaxy time at the very least. Maybe some gossip magazines to go with the soaps.

Love and babydust to all!

Titi :hug: Im having second thoughts on when to test now to! I dont have that 'preg' feeling, all im feelin atm is absoutly starving, tired, and hot! What kinda symptoms are they?! I really hope your not out this month titi, i would look at your chart but to be honest...all thats confuses me, so i wouldnt know wha am lookin at!

Hello Ladies!

I have heard that staying lying down- possibly with your pelvis tilted- after bd was a good way to help the little :spermy: travel. Now the time frame- I have heard anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour :wacko: Well, I tried this last cycle and ended up with a bladder infection! :dohh::cry: My dr. (gp) said that you need to urinate following sex in order to help prevent bladder infections- but my ob/gyn is telling me stay lying down for a while :shrug::dohh::shrug::dohh:

Any ideas? Do any of you try staying in bed following :sex:? And for how long? Does it even work? I really dont want to end up with another infection this month :nope:...but I REALLY want my :bfp: this month!!!!! What to do????:shrug:

Well thanks to all for listening!:hugs:
:dust: to EVERYONE!!!!!

Laurly- you can lie with your hips tilted if u like (some gals swear by this..) But the :spermy: that are going to reach the egg are usually where they need to be within the first 30 seconds anyways. That said- I usually stay in the bed for about 20 min after :sex: IMO it can't hurt (unless u r prone to bladder infections) I would suggest either doing as your gp says or make sure prior to :sex: DH and you are showered. Sorry :blush: not sure how to say it politely. I'm sure your gp told u how they are caused, and as long as you are both clean it shoud give u less of a chance of going through that horrible experience again. Please don't be offended by what I've said.
Titi- I wouldn't be too concerned by the temp dip today. Many ladies experience an implantation dip around 10 dpo, so it may be that for you. Stay positive hun. :hugs:

Lauraly

This is my 1st month ttc....and i lay on my back for about 10mins after :sex: then just went straight to bed afterwards without going to the loo. I dont know if it really works or not! I only got 3days to go to find out tho! So ill let you know!

Lil x

Laurly- you can lie with your hips tilted if u like (some gals swear by this..) But the :spermy: that are going to reach the egg are usually where they need to be within the first 30 seconds anyways. That said- I usually stay in the bed for about 20 min after :sex: IMO it can't hurt (unless u r prone to bladder infections) I would suggest either doing as your gp says or make sure prior to :sex: DH and you are showered. Sorry :blush: not sure how to say it politely. I'm sure your gp told u how they are caused, and as long as you are both clean it shoud give u less of a chance of going through that horrible experience again. Please don't be offended by what I've said.
Titi- I wouldn't be too concerned by the temp dip today. Many ladies experience an implantation dip around 10 dpo, so it may be that for you. Stay positive hun. :hugs:

Thanks...no offense taken. Last month, my DH was doing a lot of projects in our new house- laying flooring and such- and we didn't take the time "clean up" before bd...we were just concerned that we had the energy and time to :sex:!:blush: But my gp also said that holding my urine can also effect bladder infections, as can not "cleaning up" the mess after sex. :blush:
Well, thanks for the advice. I'm not prone to UTI's- as this is only my 3rd in 10 years- but still think I am going to play it safe :winkwink:
Its tough when you want that BFP so bad...other things seem to go to the back burner!!!!

Tonight starts our :sex: and hunt for a positive opk...so fx this is our month!!!!:hugs::dust:

Lauraly

This is my 1st month ttc....and i lay on my back for about 10mins after :sex: then just went straight to bed afterwards without going to the loo. I dont know if it really works or not! I only got 3days to go to find out tho! So ill let you know!

Lil x

Thanks Lil!

Thats what I did last cycle and ended up with a stinkin bladder infection...:cry:!

Hope you get your :bfp:!!!! Good luck and Fx for you!!!!:hugs:

:dust:

hi laura

i also lie in bed for 3o mins after with my legs against the wall :( maybe a bit OTT but it kinda makes sense - makes it easeir for them to get where they need to be..
re going for a wee after, that too is correct , if you go after your 3om mins or whatever then anything that comes out id dead sperm anyway ( i think u always have a bit that is dead even if you dont lie there for 3o mins

also i keep forgettign to tell everyone about how to increase CM:
citrus fruits, diary products and grapefriut, it worked for me last month

also i agree with abster about pains and hot water bottles. the more tablets u take the more your body gets used to them so eventually you will need to take more to get any relief..

abster - how did you know to take B100 tabs m did you self medicate?

Thanks for the welcome!!!! Let me fill you guys in on what's going on with me. AF was due on or around the 7th. No sign of her in sight. I am pretty regular with a 28 day cycle. The longest my cycle has gone in the last 6 months is 31 days. We are cd 38! I have gotten 5 :bfn:s! I started to get little waves of nausea yesterday, I actually thought I might have to run to the toilet but it passed. I really have no idea what to think...... The lack of AF and the :bfn:'s have me soooo confused!!!

:dust: to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Praying for that :bfp:!!!!!!!

Lil_Angel-my symptoms were really sore bbs & nipples beginning 2dpo and they have been "hard" ever since. SUPER more hungry then ever and very tired/no energy. A few spells of heartburn but maybe b/c I am eating everything in site. Some veins on bbs & shooting pains in them-also they went from 34 to 37". slight tug at 2 am 5dpo also had temp dip then.

I have never charted before this month so I don't know/remember what is normal for me as the witch has been playing tricks on me changing things around things I started TTC. I do always get sore BBs before AF but didn't think it was as early as it was this month. dunno.

As far as TTC Position afterwards, This month I have been doing yoga shoulder stands (everything straight up in air but shoulders, arms & head on bed) (talk about OTT!) for first 5 minutes and then 25 minutes-30 minutes in Muncho's position with legs up against wall, and then staying flat in bed reading a book for another half hour or so. I haven't had a UTI in over 10 years so have been more worried about sperm coming out at pee.

I am desparate girls. :wacko:

Hey,

How are you holding up Titi? I am very bad with patience.

LauraLY- I did the same last week and now I am on antibiotics for an infection as well. I didn't connect the two, but now you have said that it makes sense to me as I always want to go to the loo after.

Hopefully will have :pink: or :blue: by christmas.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Hello

Can I join here? Im trying to work out this site and I am not sure how things work really.

I am on the first month of ttc #2, I already have a 17 month old daughter.

I am not temp charting or anything, but this is what I have done:

I am on day 26 of my cycle, im not sure how long this cycle will be. Longest cycle has been 48 days.

I dont know when I ovulated, if at all. I did ov sticks on days 14, 15, 18, 19, 20 and 21, but no smiley face. So I decided to stop testing. We BD'd on days 18, 19, 21, 22, 23 and 24.

What do you think the chances are we caught or did we start to BD too late??

Looking forward to hearing about you all- going to read back about you guys!

Hello-

Welcome Twinklestar-Good to have you. Don't know if You BD too late not knowing what your cycle or ov is.. If you have a 26 day cycle you prob ov around the 12th so probably started OPK & BD too late, which is why no +, but.......you could get lucky if your cycle is longer this month!

Mommywishes-that is exciting news, I think but must be sheer torture!! NO AF and naseau and LATE seems positive-I have read of girls who are pg but get BFNs forever past AF. Did you use reliable tests?

Nuttynicnac-I am not feeling myself today and when I go to my hair apt. tonight would really like to stop and get a test for the morning. I thought I was good with waiting but I am not so sure now. I just want to be pregnant so bad this month. 10 months of BFNs and/or AFs is too much.

sorry I must have been confusing in my message

I am on day 26 now, but I dont know how long my cycle will be sadly!

hi laura

i also lie in bed for 3o mins after with my legs against the wall :( maybe a bit OTT but it kinda makes sense - makes it easeir for them to get where they need to be..
re going for a wee after, that too is correct , if you go after your 3om mins or whatever then anything that comes out id dead sperm anyway ( i think u always have a bit that is dead even if you dont lie there for 3o mins

also i keep forgettign to tell everyone about how to increase CM:
citrus fruits, diary products and grapefriut, it worked for me last month

also i agree with abster about pains and hot water bottles. the more tablets u take the more your body gets used to them so eventually you will need to take more to get any relief..
abster - how did you know to take B100 tabs m did you self medicate?

There's a great thread on here called Vitamin B6 - Lengthen Luteal Phase or Increase Progesterone. It moves on from talking about B6 to talking about B-complex vitamin supplements. They help to balance the hormones and make sure a)the follicle doesn't leave the ovary til it's fully ready and b) that your progesterone levels are high enough to sustain a pregnancy (ie LP longer than 10 days). I breastfed a for long time and I reckon the prolactin produced by feeding has suppressed my progesterone levels. The girl who did a lot of the research did point out that B-50 or 100 will increase the LP if it's a problem with egg quality or prog. levels and that if the problem is a thin endomitrium the B-100 can't help. If you think your cycle need some regulating B-vits could help. There's tons of info on there amongst all the chatting - really worth taking a look.

twinkle star ~ my theory is that its better to Bd more before you ov than after, i suppose its a bit difficult to work out if you dont know how long the cycles are..but the more you bd the better..

Mommy~ hmm i would be confused too! what type of tests have you been using? Clear blue? what about going to the docs if you normally have regular cycles..

titi~ have i missed something , have you tested yet, what happened?

hey ladies just a quick one again from me have had a long day and have been so busy. promise tomorow i will be back on form and catching up properly on all the posts.

titi i had a look at your chart dont worry about the temp drop as long as your temp is above coverline its a good sign. how long normally is your lp?

its not unusual either to get temp dips in the 2ww and it mean nothing. it might be an implantation dip. there are so many possibilitys as to what it is but hopefully your temp will rise tomorow and the dip is a good sign for you.

lauraly-sorry to hear you got an infection hopefully it was a one off and wont happen again.

sorry i cant reply properly ladies just quickly skimmed through the posts. x

p.s my app at the pre-pregnancy unit was a complete waste of time. update is in my journal. x

Girls, I'm out. ******* witch got me this afternoon. Aaaaarrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
Started taking the agnus castus and evening primrose on top of the B-100.
At least I didn't think I was pregnant, hey. Disappointed my lp was only 9 days though.
Good luck to the rest of you still hoping for bonfire babies - hopefully I'll have a tinsel tot.
I'm off to drink some wine.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back