Totally Talkative, Crazy 1st-timers (NTNP/TTC #1!) - [22+ BFP's & 18 babies born!]

My OH loves comics and zombies, and our wedding was supposed to be zombie themed (it sounds silly, but it was gonna be badass!) so I looked up zombie cake toppers and that's what came up. I really adore it and hope someday I can get ahold of one of the little sculptures to put with our ever-expanding comic and zombie (and cupcake) collection, lmao!

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) You're all so lovely!

Yes I can see the Spiderman one too and I LOVE IT. That is the coolest cake topper I have ever seen.

Geez, we have more in common than I thought. Are you a real ginger or faux? Faux one here.

AF rocked up today. Kind of had a feeling it would. You know how people say 'you just know' when you're pregnant? I'm wondering what that feels like.

I'm really happy I've stumbled across this thread. So good we can all relate the each other. :dance:

Yes I can see the Spiderman one too and I LOVE IT. That is the coolest cake topper I have ever seen.

Geez, we have more in common than I thought. Are you a real ginger or faux? Faux one here.

AF rocked up today. Kind of had a feeling it would. You know how people say 'you just know' when you're pregnant? I'm wondering what that feels like.

I'm really happy I've stumbled across this thread. So good we can all relate the each other. :dance:
I'm a real ginger. :haha: But faux gingers are welcome too. :p I love being a redhead. I've considered dying my hair before, just because I'm kind of a goth on the inside (lol), but I feel like my hair is a huge part of my identity. And my OH goes crazy for it! :D

Wow, we do have quite a bit in common, considering our AFs even came at the same time! Lol. I wonder if we all talked long enough, if our cycles would match up, ahaha.

I wonder about that "pregnant" feeling, too. Because I have THOUGHT I felt it so many times, particularly when I first joined - I just felt pregnant. But I wasn't (or if I was, it was a MMC, which all of my friends think it was but I'm not so sure). Can't wait til that day, though. Same with those damn lines on a pregnancy test. What will my reaction be? Will I cry? Hyperventilate (I do this quite a bit)? Will I just smile? Who knows!

I haven't even done a test yet. Probably because I've just never had that 'feeling', but mostly because I think that I'll never be able to get pregnant (even though I have no reason to think that). My OH can't wait for it to happen, it's so sweet.

How funny is that about us cycling together! When you guys decided to start trying/NTNP did you feel like you had butterflies? I sure as hell did. He was the one to suggest it and I know it's crazy (or maybe I'm just a real softie) but it was like he proposed to me all over again. It was the biggest step we'd taken since we got married.

I have always been really scared of hospitals (really scared - also a hyperventilating/panic type), even when I just visit people in there. This would mean I would HAVE to go to a hospital. As a patient. Eeek. (Even though I'm scared of them I would go to one as I personally think it'd be the safest place for me to give birth.)

I'm currently seeing a therapist to work through my panic issues. I figure it's a good idea to deal with it as best as I can.

So, I can't wait to have our own LO. Seriously can't wait. But the hospital parts are inevitable. I hope, when the time comes, that I get a REALLY understanding obstetrician - with a good sense of humour.

My OH is like that, too. And yes, I was so thrilled when he suggested we TTC (he got really sad today when my period showed up. I felt so bad.). I have been wanting to try for a long time now, and when he finally agreed I was actually mostly stunned, because I thought he was kidding. I also got extremely nervous during our first "baby-makin' sesh" lol. I felt like because we were doing this with intent (the intent to create life!), that I had to act differently or something. I got stage fright! Luckily I'm over that now, lol!

I also really do NOT like hospitals, and wish that I could give birth in a birthing center instead but it's not in the cards for this baby. :( I don't know if it's because I'm a bigger girl, or what, but I always feel like I'm not being treated fairly at hospitals. I don't know, just not a lot of good experiences visiting there (haven't had anyone pass away or anything of that sort, I just don't have a nice time while there?). I don't like the staff and I don't like their colds hands and... yuck!

I think I might need to see a therapist, or just a regular doctor, about my anxiety sometime soon. It's causing me not to be happy while I'm working and it sometimes prevents me from going places because I know there will be too many people there and whatnot. I don't consider it "interfering" with my life right now, but I know it has the potential to escalate to that. I'd really like to "catch it early" if possible. Bad anxiety runs in my family so that doesn't help either!

ANYWHO! I would like my baby NOW! Please! With a side of gingerness!

I would like my baby now too please, lol! I am so scared of hospitals too :dohh: I've considered a home birth for when the time finally comes but I would just be way too worried something mite go wrong, and the hospital is half an hour away and then thats only a small hospital.

Jess I get a little bit of anxiety myself, I am trying so hard to work through it and as I am getting older I seem to have more control of myself iykwim.

Hey Hit Girl, I got butterflies when we first started NTNP! I still do when I think about it sometimes :happydance: :cloud9: and I agree, the hospital part is inevitable, and hopefully when the time comes we'll be more worried about making sure LO arrives safely than the hospital.

I hope I have an understanding Doctor/Midwife too, I am a really shy person and I am nt really looking forward to the legs up in the air, pushing part..I hope it's a female. I know they would of seen it a thousand times before but I do get a little self conscious

Mmm yes I am a little crazy, I really want a baby but I'm not a fan of hospitals or getting my Va jay jay out :headspin: But I'd do anything to have our LO so I will be crossing that bridge when I get to it lol :dust:

I am very shy, too. In fact, as HORRIBLE as this sounds, I've never been to a gyno because I can't make myself get there! I am so disturbed by the thought of someone going down there and looking about that I can't do it. And while I was in the hospital with my kidney infection, my ER doctor thought it might be my ovaries (I almost had a heart attack when he said that) so he had to do an internal pelvic exam and I almost vomited. I felt so violated. And I know it is their JOB, their duty to do that, but I couldn't stand it! He didn't even ask me - he TOLD me that was what he was doing!
I don't know if my problems stem from things that happened in my childhood
(was molested by my mom's ex boyfriend's son)
but I still hated it so much.

Amazing! My anxiety/panic stops me from going places too. Most of the time I still go but I am NOT a happy camper. I have the classic 'freaks-out-in-shopping malls-and-Target-and-supermarkets' type deal. I hate that I have this and I want to deal with it. Highly recommend going to see someone about it.

I know what you mean about the whole, 'we could be creating life right now'. I got stage fright at first too. Feel way better about it now though. I think I'll get one of those basal thermometers this afternoon. I don't really want to get obsessive about it, but I wouldn't mind knowing exactly when I'm actually dropping those eggs if you know what I mean. I've always assumed it was in the middle but who knows? :haha:

I can't believe people have not treated you fairly in the past. That downright stinks. No room for nasty people like that in my life.

Girls.....The OH said yes!! I'm NTNP/TTC now!!! EEEK!!! :wohoo: x

Congrats, Chloe!! That's amazing news! Did you get the butterflies Hit Girl was talking about? :p

I definitely did! My heart was pounding so hard when he was thinking about it!

When he said, ok let's give it a go it was like a really dark cloud had been lifted from over me (I know how cheesy that sounds :haha:) my whole mood has entirely shifted, it's so strange!

Yay :happydance: you must be so excited! How are you feeling now it's kind-of official, I went through I little phase where I was was second guessing myself once OH agreed, I was thinking AM I really ready ? Lol. I think I just got a little nervous for a moment :blush:, of course a few hours later I was back to feeling like give me my baby now, I'm ready lol. Goodluck! :dust::dust::dust: x

It's all a bit surreal to be honest! I keep fighting the urge to text him and ask him if he's really sure about it! :haha:

Oh but don't, just in case! Lmao. It's so exciting that we're almost all on the same page!

Haha I won't - I don't want to give him the chance to change his mind :haha:

I have a new TTC Journal :D Clicky Clicky

A huge congratulations Smile! That's a massive deal. So happy for you. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->