Totally Talkative, Crazy 1st-timers (NTNP/TTC #1!) - [22+ BFP's & 18 babies born!]

It's all a bit surreal to be honest! I keep fighting the urge to text him and ask him if he's really sure about it! :haha:

Hahaha!! I was doing the same thing. "Are you sure? Really?"

Haha I just put this on my journal :p I'm scared he'll get stage fright! :haha: x

Aw, I'm sure you won't get stage fright. So exciting!! I should check out this journal of yours.

My OH was dying to TTC for ages before I agreed to NTNP - I'm a student so I was really focused on finishing my degree, its funny how after a few cycles you get totally hooked! Now he has agreed I am sure he will start thinking 'baby' and you'll both be as excited as each other! :) x

Are you guys taking the prenatal vitamins & have you been to the doc for a general check-up?

I haven't brought any vitamins yet, as I was on my way to work when I got the ok!

What sort of check up do we need from the dr? x

OMG I've missed so much overnight!! Hello hello to our new buddies! :flower:

CHLOE - wooooooooooooh!!! How amazing and cool and exciting! I am so happy for you. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Totally jealous too, of course heh heh. You were my 'I'm Trying, He's Preventing' buddy! But I know I will have all this to come - looking forward to those butterflies when my fella finally says 'ok, let's go for it!' :kiss:

Loads and loads of luck - and I'll get on your new journal later, yay!

I HATE any kind of internal exams. I've been poked and prodded a bit in my time and always have a bit of a cry and a panic. Once Ihad a full blown panic attack when being checked for thrush and had to be restrained by three nurses :blush:

It totally makes it worse too, as you 'tighten up' down there just when they're trying to open you up. So horrid.

Some ladies on the TTC board talk about checking the position of their cervix to better understand their cycle/symptoms. Well, I hope I never have to try anything like that as I think I'd feel self-violated. Just the thought of using a digital tampon makes me almost throw up. I know its natural and just another part of me, but for some reason I have never been able to even contemplate it. It makes me shudder and feel REALLy panicky and distressed.

I've considered seeking therapy for my problems here but I don't have any personal history that might explain it (special big hugs to Jess :hugs2:) and in a way I'm worried that a therapist might make me do something about it that I don't think I could face! Like a 'desensitisation' programme of daily touching or something. Silly huh? Ooh, all the colour has drained from me just thinking about it. Eurgh eurgh eurgh.

PS I'm a MASSIVE Spiderman and comics fan too :coolio::ninja:

Aw Aurora, if it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure I'm at least 'I'm trying, he's ntnp'! :haha:

I freak out at the thought of any kind of internal exam as well! I could not go rooting around trying to find my CP - I think i'd be sick! haha

Well, I went to my doc to pretty much say, "Okay, so my husband and I had the talk and we're thinking about trying to start a family and I'm beyond terrified of the birth bit. Help."

She was very nice and reassuring and she was a hell of a lot more excited than I was (I was more freaked out at the time). She then insisted that I get a blood test just to make sure that all my levels were in order. Which they very much weren't. Turns out I had really bad anaemia and needed to see a haematologist right away. Doc actually panicked when she got my results back and said that I would never conceive with such low iron. I had no idea! All sorted now though. She also said I should start taking the vitamins too, which I did.

Interesting! I might go to the docs once DF is more into the TTC thing. If I introduce too much straight away, I'm gonna freak him out and scare him off lol x

PS I'm a MASSIVE Spiderman and comics fan too :coolio::ninja:

I think this is quite possibly THE coolest group on here. Imagine the kind of mums we'd all be. Dayum!

So awesome to meet you Aurora. We're all so like-minded - even beyond the TTC stuff. There's no way I'd go investigating my 'up there'. I feel bad enough that my DH has to see those bits. Is that weird?

I had my therapist appointment this afternoon. First session of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. So much fun! :neutral:

I forgot to mention that I picked up one of those Basal Thermometers this afternoon, just in case I'm in the mood for some charting. Don't really know if I'll do that yet. Right now I couldn't be assed, but who knows how I'm feeling in the morning. By the way, both my DH and therapist assumed that you stick it up your v. You don't. Thank goodness.

Interesting! I might go to the docs once DF is more into the TTC thing. If I introduce too much straight away, I'm gonna freak him out and scare him off lol x

OMG!!! I just saw I'm a buddy!! I'm feeling that love right now. :thumbup:

Just like a deer in the woods. No sudden movements. You've got the right idea.

I haven't taken any vits as I never did before I fell pg... When I found out I spent a fortune on these pregnacare pregnancy vits they are like £15 a box and I ended up miscarrying anyway... I suppose I'd take them again tho in my 2nd pregnancy. I'm currently taking folic acid but that's all!x

Also - interesting what you said about visiting the DR! As again its something I never did and when I went to the DR to tell him I was pg he didn't do any tests or anything. Bloods etc were scheduled at my week 12 midwife appt! What treatment did you get for the anaemia if you don't mind me asking? Was it just iron tablets? I'm going to get myself some iron tablets this afternoon as I'm feeling anaemic after all the blood loss of my m/c. Could just be in my head though. Also what vits did he tell you to take? Was it just the folic acid? So much to consider that I never thought of the first time around in my laidback approach haha! Alsoooo (another also) I would never look for my CP as I wouldn't have a clue what I was looking for!x

Sharonfruit so sorry for your lose :nope: :hugs:

:rofl: exactly! Ease him into it :haha: I hope you don't mind that I put you in my signature? x

I'm sorry about your m/c sharon. :hugs:

The haematologist wanted me to have iron intravenously. You have to be in hospital for a whole day hooked up to that thing. Yuck. Not a fan of needles at all. Because he could see I was so scared of that idea he put me on two serious iron tablets a day and instructed that I have a serving of very rare red meat every night until things improved and then every second day after that. Considering I was pretty much a vegetarian up until that point, that was quite full-on for me, but better than having an IV. He was even talking about a transfusion. Can you believe it!!!??

My GP said I had to take a prenatal vitamin that contained folate (of course) but also iodine. She said that iodine was very important.

Sharonfruit so sorry for your lose :nope: :hugs:

:rofl: exactly! Ease him into it :haha: I hope you don't mind that I put you in my signature? x

Do it!!!!! :happydance:

I want to put it to the test tonight, but I have college until 9pm and won't be home until gone 10! Will have to go shower/bed straight away as up early for work tomorrow! :dohh: I don't think I've ever been so excited to BD before! :haha:

The rare meat sounds horrible! But anything's better than an IV! That's the one thing I'm really scared about it pregnancy - they take your blood so many times!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->