Totally Talkative, Crazy 1st-timers (NTNP/TTC #1!) - [22+ BFP's & 18 babies born!]

I'm doing an access to Higher Education course part time in Health studies :)

Aw Aurora, if it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure I'm at least 'I'm trying, he's ntnp'! :haha:

\\:D/

Love it!

I went to my doctor to say we were potentially starting a family and he reacted a bit like 'so why are you telling me?' - no talk of checking bloods or anything like that - there was an interesting thread about this on another board in B&B recently, with the British people finding their doctors aren't interested, and the US ones being very much so, but this was assumed to be because US doctors get PAID for seeing you, but UK ones don't, its just additional workload!

I take folic acid and B vitamins every Luteul Phase (the period after ovulation) in case I am knocked up.

Yeah the docs here are a bit like 'yeah, whatever' lol GP's aren't very attentive at all!

There are definitely some GPs here who fit that description (I'm in Aus). My GP is amazing. She truly loves her job and I feel very blessed to have found her. Her background is in obstetrics. Yay! She knows her stuff and she takes a genuine interest in all her patients.

Surely there has to be a really lovely GP in your neck of the woods. Just a matter of finding them. I swear, some GPs have absolutely zero bedside manner. Hate that.

We're usually just referred straight to the midwives here! I don't know if we have much contact with the doctors! (someone correct me if I'm wrong) x

Chloe: Really? I don't think that's the case here, from what I've heard. I'm all about having an obstetrician look after me.

I had every intention of recording my first bbt this morning. Had my alarm set and the spiffy new thermometer all ready to go on my bedside table. Then my husband said, "Good morning! You're getting up early!" and I'm sure I mumbled something back. But then I got it in my head that talking would alter the result and I'd have to try it again tomorrow without talking, to be accurate. Why the hell did I think that? Did I read that somewhere or was I just in a sleepy stupor?

I think I said to him, "Why did you make me talk?"

I've not been to the doctors concerning my NTNP/TTC. I know most would recommend/encourage me to lose some weight before trying, but I already know that I should. Besides that, I don't want to do any more internal things until I get pregnant and there's a dire need for it lol.

I had every intention of recording my first bbt this morning. Had my alarm set and the spiffy new thermometer all ready to go on my bedside table. Then my husband said, "Good morning! You're getting up early!" and I'm sure I mumbled something back. But then I got it in my head that talking would alter the result and I'd have to try it again tomorrow without talking, to be accurate. Why the hell did I think that? Did I read that somewhere or was I just in a sleepy stupor?

I think I said to him, "Why did you make me talk?"

:haha: i seriously done the same thing the first morning I went to take my bbt :rofl: i was too scared to reach and grab my thermometer after talking :dohh:

LOL can you really not talk before doing it? Surely that won't affect the reading, right?!

I have absolutely no idea. But when I was still half asleep this morning it made a lot of sense in my head. I feel so silly, I should have done it anyway. My poor DH had no idea what I was on about. :rofl:

So Haylee, you've heard of this? I thought I was just being nonsensical.

I had no idea that you shouldn't talk! Sounds like there could be some truth in it though!

As long as that thermometer goes straight in within a minute of waking & before weeing or any other activity, you'll be fine! Also the point of temping is to detect a shift from one half of your cycle to the other, not to know your actual lowest body temp.

So as long as you do the same routine each day, you should be ok. Exchanging a couple of words shouldn't raise your temp much, but no kissing, arguing & definitely no BDing until temp is taken!

This is why I wouldn't temp lol way to confusing for my liking! x

Thanks for clearing that one up! Honestly if you'd ask me the same thing right now I would probably laugh and say that talking wouldn't affect it at all, but this morning... I was completely convinced.

I also told my husband he was wearing the 'wrong glasses' even though he only has one pair. Clearly I was still half asleep and not in any state to form rational thoughts. :dohh: It's all set up again for tomorrow morning. At least he knows what's up now.

I just saw an episode of 'One Born Every Minute' on tv. Why do I do this to myself?

I love that programme!

Is it weird that the births don't freak me out at all? :haha:

They don't?? Oooh I envy you! :) Just when they're wailing and they're sucking on the gas and air, I can feel myself getting light-headed. Eeeep.

I think I'll very likely be all about the epidural. One of my best friends is an anaesthetist and she said when she has a baby, she'll be walking into the hospital back first. :haha:

:rofl:

In my head, I picture a natural birth (with g&a - I'm not completely against pain relief :haha:) but in reality I know I'll be screaming for everything they've got! I'm working on convincing Matt to keep telling me I don't need that stuff!

I think Matt will feel quite conflicted on the day if that scenario plays out. :haha:

I'm a bit scared of the g&a (when I say bit, I mean 'a lot'). Because I get panic attacks I'm really scared of things that will make me feel weird/dizzy. I never get laughing gas at the dentist for this reason. Totally panicked on that before.

Silly thought, but I wish we ovulated several times a month and never had periods. I'm riding the crimson wave and feeling very unproductive right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->