Train Set for 3yo

kellyc1987

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My LO is 3 (nearly 4) and I would say he is quite mature for his age. He LOVES trains and i would like to get him a remote control train set. I've looked at the hornby junior set and it's got bad reviews which state that it doesn't really stay on the tracks which is the same problem we've had with previous cheaper sets.

So this leaves me with 3 options:

Lego City Passenger Train
It would be his big present as its Expensive at about 100 but I think it would last him years, can be controlled by phone or tablet. But it's also 677 pieces and I think he might still be too young and it will be breaking constantly and I'll need to keep putting it back together.

2. Lego Duplo Steam Train
He has lego duplo which he really likes but I feel like he will outgrow this really quickly, again it can be controlled by phone/tablet and he will be able to put it together himself.

3. Brio Remote Control Train
Only 30 but he has wooden track he barely plays with anymore and again I think he'll outgrow this quickly. Can't be controlled by phone/tablet but has a cool push forwaed/pull back handle.

Can anyone help out with opinions or recommendations at all?

I think I'd go for the lego one and just let him play with it supervised initially. I'm always of the school of thought that i'd rather buy something a bit too advanced than too young so it will get more use :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->