• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying after 3 COnsecutive Losses....PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Happy Birthday Courtney.....
I have been reading your thread for about an hour or so......I just had my second miscarriage - both times my progesterone level was 9-10. My doctor wants to do testing to see if I have a clotting disorder or folic acid deficiency. I am so encouraged by your story, along with your friend who posts here....
I have stayed away from B&B because it hurts so bad but reading your story has given me some enouragement....I am going to speak to my doctor about progesterone supplements and taking baby aspirin to see if that will help me - I have no problem getting pregnant but I can't make it past 6 weeks. I am 41 so I am thinking my age may have something to do with it but I just saw a 46 yr old beautiful pregnant woman on the Ricki Lake show today.....
Hope your day turned out better and I will be stalking your thread to check on your progress.
I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!
Gina

Hi Nola, It's good to hear from you and I am sorry for you losses :hugs: It's is SO hard going through miscarriages and so heartbreaking. Try to stay strong and believe that your day will come. We had so many ups and downs it was horrible and a real test but we are hoping that this is finally it. Definately tag along and let us know how you goXXXXX:hugs:

Hey! Ugh things aren't too good here. Today is my birthday and I get out to my car this morning and have a flat. Then I get an email from my endo and I have hashimoto's disease (an autoimmune disease where your body attacks your thyroid). YAY, Happy Birthday to me! :/. Good news is my thyroid levels are lower but still higher then they like during pregnancy so they are adjusting my meds again.

Wow! 10 weeks?? That's awesome, so happy all is going well with you!!! :) I have a sono on Wednesday and am totally worried. I am now 8 weeks, so far so good, hopefully the sono will reveal the same!!!!

OMG I am so sorry you are not having such a good time but - Happy Birthday anyway! LOL.
What on earth is hashimotos disease???? Are you / the baby at risk because of it or are the doctors optimistic??

Things have not been so good here either although I am trying not to panic. I visited the midwife yesterday as I was concerned I was having trouble peeing and so wanted to make sure I didn't have a UTI. All was fine and I am drinking loads to try and keep one at bay but while I was there she checked my blood results from Friday. I have A Rh Neg blood which I know means I need Anti D injections at 28 weeks and after the birth if my sons had a different blood to mine but now it appears with this preganany I have grown some antibodies called Anti CW which is fine at the moment, below a risk level but from reading up, if they get too many I may need a blood transfusion so that they don't effect the baby later on and can cause jaundice or a blood disorder with the baby. OMG! What a nightmare! Why can't anything be simple! I wander if it's because this time it's with a new partner and my body totally doesn't like his blood. I am going to try and call my lady at the Early Pregnancy Unit today to see if she can tell me any more because the midwife said she didn't know anything about it and that I would be Consultant lead now not just because I was high risk because of the previous miscarriages but because of my blood issues too and so it looks like i'm gonna have an either closer eye on me.
I suppose I should be happy about that but why oh why can't it just be simple!!!:shrug:

Hope your day is a better one today :flower: and the - another year - age factor doesn't get you down :winkwink: I hate birthdays!! I hate getting older!!:cry: XXXXXX

Hi Nola, It's good to hear from you and I am sorry for you losses :hugs: It's is SO hard going through miscarriages and so heartbreaking. Try to stay strong and believe that your day will come. We had so many ups and downs it was horrible and a real test but we are hoping that this is finally it. Definately tag along and let us know how you goXXXXX:hugs:

Thanks so much ladies. I appreciate your kindness so much. I feel like I am so alone here but I know I am not the only woman to experience a loss. I have my f/u appt today with the doctor; I am still bleeding alot but today makes a week so I guess its par for the course.
I am not sure if she is going to schedule another appointment for the blood testing or if she is going to do it today but I will definitely ask her about my thyroid, progesterone and folic acid.
I will let you wonderful ladies know what happens today - again thank you for your kindness and have a great day!!!!

Thanks so much ladies. I appreciate your kindness so much. I feel like I am so alone here but I know I am not the only woman to experience a loss. I have my f/u appt today with the doctor; I am still bleeding alot but today makes a week so I guess its par for the course.
I am not sure if she is going to schedule another appointment for the blood testing or if she is going to do it today but I will definitely ask her about my thyroid, progesterone and folic acid.
I will let you wonderful ladies know what happens today - again thank you for your kindness and have a great day!!!!

Yeah definately let us know how it goes. Best of luck XXX

Hey! Ugh things aren't too good here. Today is my birthday and I get out to my car this morning and have a flat. Then I get an email from my endo and I have hashimoto's disease (an autoimmune disease where your body attacks your thyroid). YAY, Happy Birthday to me! :/. Good news is my thyroid levels are lower but still higher then they like during pregnancy so they are adjusting my meds again.

Wow! 10 weeks?? That's awesome, so happy all is going well with you!!! :) I have a sono on Wednesday and am totally worried. I am now 8 weeks, so far so good, hopefully the sono will reveal the same!!!!

OMG I am so sorry you are not having such a good time but - Happy Birthday anyway! LOL.
What on earth is hashimotos disease???? Are you / the baby at risk because of it or are the doctors optimistic??

Things have not been so good here either although I am trying not to panic. I visited the midwife yesterday as I was concerned I was having trouble peeing and so wanted to make sure I didn't have a UTI. All was fine and I am drinking loads to try and keep one at bay but while I was there she checked my blood results from Friday. I have A Rh Neg blood which I know means I need Anti D injections at 28 weeks and after the birth if my sons had a different blood to mine but now it appears with this preganany I have grown some antibodies called Anti CW which is fine at the moment, below a risk level but from reading up, if they get too many I may need a blood transfusion so that they don't effect the baby later on and can cause jaundice or a blood disorder with the baby. OMG! What a nightmare! Why can't anything be simple! I wander if it's because this time it's with a new partner and my body totally doesn't like his blood. I am going to try and call my lady at the Early Pregnancy Unit today to see if she can tell me any more because the midwife said she didn't know anything about it and that I would be Consultant lead now not just because I was high risk because of the previous miscarriages but because of my blood issues too and so it looks like i'm gonna have an either closer eye on me.
I suppose I should be happy about that but why oh why can't it just be simple!!!:shrug:

Hope your day is a better one today :flower: and the - another year - age factor doesn't get you down :winkwink: I hate birthdays!! I hate getting older!!:cry: XXXXXX

Ugh Anti-CW!?!? I have never heard of it!!! If the anitbodies are low you should be okay :hugs:. It's never easy, if it's not one thing its another, I think that's how things work...it's so beyond frustrating!!!

Hashimoto's Disease is when your body develops antibodies that attacks your thyroid. I asked my doctor about it yesterday and he said that as long as I am taking thyroid medication I will be okay and there's no risk to the baby. My thyroid level is near normal and he said that that is the main thing that matters as the antibodies will be kept low with the meds.

I went to doc yesterday for my scan and the baby is measuring 8 weeks 1 day (exactly on point) with a nice strong heartbeat of 179!!!!! So much for them worrying me about the supposed "low" heartrate of 110!!!! I actually got to see the baby moving around! My son was with me and he was sooooo excited! It was nice to see how happy he is.:happydance:. I have switched doctors since my last scan and couldn't be happier. I told my new doc that the previous place said I have an ovarian cyst. He started shaking his head and said every pregnant woman has one...it helps support the pregnancy...if I didn't have one he would be worried lol. So needless to say, I am so happy that I have switched!!!!!

I hope all works out for you, I am sure it will....you and the baby will be happy and healthy in April. Did your doctor seem concerned about these antibodies??

Good luck with your appointment. I hope it all works out for you! Def keep us posted :hugs:

Morning ladies!!!!

So I had my ultrasound yesterday and I was all clear so thank goodness no D&C needed! I have stopped bleeding as of yesterday afternoon so I am relieved to stop wearing the diapers all day cause I was really heavy for about a week.
I gave about 12 vials of blood yesterday, my doctor is testing me for everything under the book - one test she did came back positive. I have a homozygous MTHFR mutation 2 copies C677T......I had been reading about this on the site and there have been women who were successful carrying a baby with treatment. My next step is to see a Hematologist and once all the blood work comes back we will see what happens....
So I was happy she didn't come to me and say everything is normal and perfect so let's try again - I really kept feeling like, what did I do to cause this....
Hope I can join you ladies soon with my lil rainbow baby...
Have a great day!
Gina

Hi girls. I'm back again after a few weeks away from this site. I got a positive result on a clear blue digital pregnancy test yesterday (4 days before period due). Hoping that means this one is a strong pregnancy. Started taking aspirin and progesterone last night. Praying that this is fourth time lucky for me.

Hope you are all progressing well! X

Ugh Anti-CW!?!? I have never heard of it!!! If the anitbodies are low you should be okay :hugs:. It's never easy, if it's not one thing its another, I think that's how things work...it's so beyond frustrating!!!

Hashimoto's Disease is when your body develops antibodies that attacks your thyroid. I asked my doctor about it yesterday and he said that as long as I am taking thyroid medication I will be okay and there's no risk to the baby. My thyroid level is near normal and he said that that is the main thing that matters as the antibodies will be kept low with the meds.

I went to doc yesterday for my scan and the baby is measuring 8 weeks 1 day (exactly on point) with a nice strong heartbeat of 179!!!!! So much for them worrying me about the supposed "low" heartrate of 110!!!! I actually got to see the baby moving around! My son was with me and he was sooooo excited! It was nice to see how happy he is.:happydance:. I have switched doctors since my last scan and couldn't be happier. I told my new doc that the previous place said I have an ovarian cyst. He started shaking his head and said every pregnant woman has one...it helps support the pregnancy...if I didn't have one he would be worried lol. So needless to say, I am so happy that I have switched!!!!!

I hope all works out for you, I am sure it will....you and the baby will be happy and healthy in April. Did your doctor seem concerned about these antibodies??

I have now had the whole anti cw explained to me, I was aware I could have problems because of my blood group but apparently these antibodies are even more rare than the anti D ones I had heard about and prepared for!!! So I am in the 1% or recurrant miscarriers and I think its 1% anti C antibodie people too!!! LOL.
Anyway basically I have nothing to worry about for now, It does not cause miscarriage. I may have grown them because of previous miscarriages or vaccinations or injections anything like that can't be sure at the moment but all ok at mo. At 28weeks they will be testing my blood regularly to watch to see if the antibodies increase. If they don't go too high I could just have a normal well watched pregnancy and will check baby regulary after birth in case of jaundice or anaemia. Worst case scenario is the levels go higher and higher - if this happens the baby will have to have a blood transfusion while inside me at a bigger hospital, or I may be induced at 35-37 weeks or the baby may get jaundiced or anaemic. They said they have not known anyone have to have transfusion and the fact I am being watched early on is really good and everything will be fine - basically to chill the hell out!!
Now that I know what it's all about I feel a lot happier and calmer, I just pray it'll be all ok later on!!

That's god that your thyroid is not gonna be a problem, it is such a relief, plus the fact you are being checked is so reassuring :hugs: and OMG! 8w scan!! Brilliant news --- so wheres the photo!!!! It's so brilliant that we are both well and things certainly do seem to be making a turn for the better - all be it with it's little ups and downs!!:thumbup: How are you feeling these days? any better?? I think 8 weeks was about the worst for me.

Hoping you are feeling well, it's about time you got that doppler on the scene isn't it??!!! LOL :winkwink:

Speak soon XXX:hugs:

Hi girls. I'm back again after a few weeks away from this site. I got a positive result on a clear blue digital pregnancy test yesterday (4 days before period due). Hoping that means this one is a strong pregnancy. Started taking aspirin and progesterone last night. Praying that this is fourth time lucky for me.

Hope you are all progressing well! X

Congratulations Emmie!!!! Yey Brilliant!! I hope this is your sticky bean!! :hugs: Let us know how it goes :flower:

Morning ladies!!!!

So I had my ultrasound yesterday and I was all clear so thank goodness no D&C needed! I have stopped bleeding as of yesterday afternoon so I am relieved to stop wearing the diapers all day cause I was really heavy for about a week.
I gave about 12 vials of blood yesterday, my doctor is testing me for everything under the book - one test she did came back positive. I have a homozygous MTHFR mutation 2 copies C677T......I had been reading about this on the site and there have been women who were successful carrying a baby with treatment. My next step is to see a Hematologist and once all the blood work comes back we will see what happens....
So I was happy she didn't come to me and say everything is normal and perfect so let's try again - I really kept feeling like, what did I do to cause this....
Hope I can join you ladies soon with my lil rainbow baby...
Have a great day!
Gina

I am so glad they found something that they can work on. I know it sounds awful to hope there is something wrong but at least then you know you have something to try and fix rather than just keep trying!!

God, the blood taking!! My arm is still lovely and bruised from my donations on friday!LOL

So what on earth is this mutation then?? Please do explain, I love finding out about all these different little bits and pieces!! Is it easy to treat and is that why youve been miscarrying???

Hope you are feeling more positive with something to work on now, I think I would be. XXX:hugs:

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Courtney . Let me know how it goes xxx

Glad you found out more info on this CW antibodies, I am sure all will be okay :). Nope no scan tomorrow, switched doctors so I had one last wednesday and again on October 16th:). Been feeling like crap lately. Think I am going to pass on the doppler bc I think it will cause more stress especially if I cant find a heartbeat lol. How are you doing?

Glad you found out more info on this CW antibodies, I am sure all will be okay :). Nope no scan tomorrow, switched doctors so I had one last wednesday and again on October 16th:). Been feeling like crap lately. Think I am going to pass on the doppler bc I think it will cause more stress especially if I cant find a heartbeat lol. How are you doing?

Ah right, oh well 16th to look forward to instead then!:winkwink:

It's a good thing you are feeling like crap LOL. It's definately hard, I still find it hard in the mornings although I know it's nothing like it used to be for me thank god! Hopefully it will pass soon.

I know what you mean about the doppler. I was just SO lucky I found the heartbeat when I did but when I try in the evenings I find it harder to detect and so I now check every morning because I always find it resting in the same place after a good nights sleep and a full bladder!! I really reassures me every time and helps me get on with the day - I know I sound like an absolute loon!! but it's so nice to know it's hanging on in there. :winkwink:

Our 12 week scan is Wed 3rd Oct, I cannot wait!! I will be so glad when it comes and I can tell everyone at last YEY!!:happydance:

Oh my god!! The headache from hell today. It seems to be a regular occurance with this pregnancy - let's hope it's not forever eh!! :-(

Sorry haven't been on....my laptop is broken so I'm on my phone:-(. Ugh headaches here too with bouts of dizziness...its horrible. Yay for your scan next week!!!! You must be excited....they were able to tell me the sex at that one with my youngest!!!! My next scan is October 16th...the wait is dreadful!

OMG yes today i have the dizziness but at least the headache is not so bad today - phew !!
Bummer about your laptop. While i was on holiday it was a right trial on my phone!! Lol
Yes can't wait for weds !! There's no way NHS will go as far as telling the sex at this point though :-( i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled and pray for no testicles!!! Lol xxx

Yeah sucks being on my phone lol. Damn they won't tell you?!? That sucks!! What do u feel it will be? Any ideas?

Would love it to be a girl, we both would. That's why I really want to know, so that if it's not it give me time to get used to the idea :thumbup:

Another crappy headache today AAGGHH!!!:cry: It's horrible. Thing is, I don't want to take anything for it either. I figure the less rubbish in my body the better (except for the chip craving that is - I need as much chips as I can get at the moment! LOL) I've also been offered a flu vaccination over here but a midwife said to me that she wouldn't have it if it were her and so i'm giving that one a pass too. On the news they are talking about offering pregnant women a whooping chough vaccine too as over here there have been a few babies die from it before 8 weeks old as they can't have the vaccine until then. I don't really want that if it comes out either. I don't think it's been about long enough to know if there are gonna be any awful reactions and I think its about a total of 8 babies have died in a year and if i percentage it to the amount of healhty babies thats a very small percentage right??? I don't know - blimey it's all so hard!! What are your feelings on these immunisations???

Lol I totally get u on the girl!!! I guess we both shall see;-).

Chips are yummy one of the only things I can tolerate lol. I don't like taking meds either...I'm already taking the baby aspirin. Umm I'm not a big immunization person to begin with, I gave my boys thrift vaccines but spaced them out. They are talking bout whopping cough here too. I'm going to pass. The flu vaccine is only a prediction of what strain they think will come out so not even certain. Plus what if u have a reaction to it and actually get sick? Ive never had it and never had the flu despite working around germ ridden children as a teacher lol. I think I have a strong immunity. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->