Trying to lose weight to help us conceive - 2013

I was still off the wagon monday and yesterday but i am firmly back on i am far too motivated by my positive ovulation this month that i couldnt possibly risk not ovulating next month :) xx

I'm off the wagon today lol, I'm going to my fav pasta place for a lunch date with my mama!

(At least its planned!)

That is super exciting and motivating!! Lots of times I will talk myself out of eating unhealthy things by asking myself if it tastes as good as getting pregnant and having a healthy baby will feel. I know it might sound crazy, but it works for me so I'm going with it.

Just seen my dr. Well, technically, she's not my dr but i wanted to see her because my regular gp is a man and he's lovely, but it would feel weird talking to him about ttc when last time he saw me, was when i was coming off medication for my depression and anxiety problems last year!

i hadn't met the dr i saw today before, but she was really nice. She's sending me for the usual blood tests. I've got to have the day 21 progesterone test next thursday and then an fbc, lh, progesterone, testosterone, prolactin, fsh and serum estrogen on day 2 of my next cycle.

The prolactin test is the one i really wanted because of my galactorrhea (can never remember how to spell that) and she said she's requested a testosterone test because that can sometimes be linked to high prolactin.

I'm so glad she took me seriously, because we havent been trying for the usual year yet, but the prolactin thing worries me. Just hope that when the test results come back, theres something they can do to fix me!

I'm so glad that you had a good experience with your new doctor today and that you liked her. I feel like it's so much easier to talk to a woman doctor about this type of stuff than a man for some reason. I'm very glad that she is taking you seriously and not telling you to wait longer. Ugh! Waiting doesn't help, just makes me crazy! Haha. My doctor is fortunately not making us wait either. If I haven't started having cycles on my own when I go back in September, she is going to start me on Clomid, which makes me nervous and excited both! I'm still hoping to start on my own though. Neither hubby nor myself is crazy about the thought of taking medication to get pregnant, but we are on board if that's what it takes.

So it's a new month, and a new start! July saw me losing 30.4 pounds. Yay! So excited about that!! That's the most weight I've ever lost in my entire life. Now, I have 9 pounds to goal #1, my pre-pregnancy weight. Then I think I'm going to set my sights on 10 pounds at a time from there on out, with my next big goal 37 pounds away from right now. The plan is to stay with the low carb eating style, keep drinking the water, keep the caffeine down, and keep trying to get some exercise in. I'm going back to work on Monday so I didn't end up waking in the morning because I'm not sure that it will be something I can stick with.. we will probably walk and/or ride bikes in the evenings after work. That will probably be my primary form of exercise to be honest, but I still want to find some toning exercises for my arms. I'm not going to worry about toning abs and whatnot because since I want to get pregnant again as soon as possible, that work would just go out the window anyway so I may as well focus on something more useful for now I think? Does that make sense?

Congrats frsttimemama!!!!! That really sounds great!!

Wow frsttimemama that is an amazing loss!! Well done you!

Nothing to report from me, still firmly on the diet wagon and just waiting for Monday so I can weigh in!! Hoping to get at least 3 or 4 lbs off this week...so fingers crossed I'll manage it.

Hope those that have fallen off the wagon manage to get back on it! xxxx

Cookie, great job at staying on the wagon. I'm sure it will pay off for you! And, thanks! I know August and further will not be so much, but I'm okay with that. This last about 9 pounds is TOUGH!! Makes me wonder how I'm going to lose more when I can barely get these last few off to get to where I Was when I got pregnant to start with. Feeling a little bit discouraged today, but I talked myself out of left over pizza for breakfast and had my usual coffee and Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt with ground flax seed for breakfast. That's pretty much my go-to breakfast anymore.. sometimes I'll add berries or a fresh peach.

Do you ladies that aren't on the like pre-packaged diets have any go-to foods? I tend to eat a lot of the same things once I figure out something that is within reasonable calories/carbs/protein, fills me up, and stays with me.

And, yes, I'm back on the wagon, and I'm doing fairly well I feel like! I'm really struggling this last week or so though. I don't know why.

Jess, it's okay. I was there last week! It's easy to do, that's for sure. I envy those skinny girls that can eat like two grown men and still be rail thin! Haha. Then, there are the rest of us that have to work at it. I swear, I can look at a brownie and gain 35 pounds sometimes! Hop back on and keep trying :) That's what I had to do, too. I think that I have to do that every single minute of every single day. Does that make any sense at all? I mean it would be so easy to eat crap or drink something I shouldn't at any given minute.

Last night I would have killed for something chocolate, but fortunately for me, the only thing in the house were chocolate donuts and they didn't even sound good..

I'm the same frsttimemama - I gain so easily!!! I just have to look at chocolate and gain 5 lbs!!!

Had a sneaky peek on the scales and I've lost 4 lbs so far this week, official weigh in is tomorrow so will update then. I've switched plans on the diet so I'm eating more, I prefer it and don't feel so deprived.

I do, too. Every single day is a struggle for me. And I do believe it probably always will be.. but I've accepted that. And, I tackle every day and start fresh. :)

Super excited for you!! You deserve it! I bet the higher calorie diet will let you lose as much or more weight than the lower calorie because when we restrict our bodies too low for too long, they go into freak out mode and hold on to all the calories we do give them.

I have to go to the grocery store today and get some healthy stuff to get this week started with. I'm going back to work tomorrow. I have been off for almost 2 months so it might be a little tough to get back into the swing of things; I want to have healthy stuff ready and handy so I'm not so tempted to cheat when I'm exhausted when I get home. (I'm sure I probably will be; it's only been not quite 6 weeks since I had our little guy.) I feel pretty good though, and I am going to try to get hubby to go for a bike ride with me. He's not been feeling the best though so we shall see. I may settle for a walk with the dog.

Hello ladies!

I finally started to walk on my treadmill on Friday. So far I been walking for an hour and burning at least 234 calories, I know I can up the speed more but I just want to start out slow and then hit the speed up to about 4.0. It feels so good to exercise. My goal is to get on my treadmill daily for an hour. When the time comes that I am pregnant, I will still get on the treadmill but I make sure that the speed is lower. I have finally stopped eating late at night. It was extremely hard and it is still extremely hard. Last night when I was hungry I went for an apple.

Hello ladies!

I finally started to walk on my treadmill on Friday. So far I been walking for an hour and burning at least 234 calories, I know I can up the speed more but I just want to start out slow and then hit the speed up to about 4.0. It feels so good to exercise. My goal is to get on my treadmill daily for an hour. When the time comes that I am pregnant, I will still get on the treadmill but I make sure that the speed is lower. I have finally stopped eating late at night. It was extremely hard and it is still extremely hard. Last night when I was hungry I went for an apple.

Great job! Every little bit counts! Best to build up to lots of exercise anyway. I'm working to build habits that I can keep when I get pregnant, as well, although I will change my diet at that point, I must say. I won't be as stringent on the carbs, just continue to watch calorie intake so that I can have a healthy pregnancy. :) Sounds like you are trying to do the same type of thing as far as building healthy habits to keep. I try not to buy junk food at all anymore. It's just easier if it's not even in the house.

So I have to say that as I was getting things ready to go back to work tomorrow, I thought that it would be wise to cut up fresh fruits and veggies and whatnot ahead of time so they were ready and easy for us and I wouldn't have to do it later, and I packed my breakfast and lunch for work so all I have to do is grab it out of the fridge on my way out the door.. I had forgotten how much work it is to get all this stuff ready! Being off the last 2 months or so, I've had nothing but time so I've gotten out of all of these habits of getting things ready ahead of time. Hopefully it helps with making good food decisions at work!

I weighed myself on Friday morning was 127, I weighed myself again Friday afternoon was 124, WTF? lol

Mizzyd - that's weird, usually you'd go up!!!!

Frsttimemama - getting organised for a diet can be hard work, so much planning is needed.

Momwife - well done on the exercise.

Just weighed myself, lost 5 lbs this week so that's 13 lbs in 2 weeks!! Really pleased. Also got my bike out for the first time in years, going to cycle a couple of times a week to burn some fat.

Xx

That is what I thought, so I am going with 124, haha.

Well i weighed this morning according to my wii i lost the 1lb i gained last week so i am still down 14lbs, i plan to start the 30day sit up and squat challenge and start weights at the gym today so i dont expect to see the scale move at all for a few weeks because it never does when i start weights its my final bid before my first holiday on the 31st to tone a lil then my big holiday is at the end of september so need to get started lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->