TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Oh richiees I hope it's not af! How long has this cycle been for you now?

AFM - I've ovulated late which I'm really pissed about. It was either yesterday (1 day late) or today (2 days late!!) My blazing +opk was yesterday and normally that's o day according to temps, but I had another + today which isn't normal for me (I'm ignoring it and not putting it in FF). Really hope it was yesterday looking at our timing. DH is away until the end of the week now. My bbs started hurting a bit today, just twinges, so it might have been late on yesterday. I'm so fed up of this cycle already! Just going to try and forget about everything now, it's driving me mad.

So sorry MrsU but maybe different will be good :hugs:

Richiees: Hope AF stays away.

Star: ttc and travel work great. I also conceived over the Xmas holiday.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

AFM first ever time at 13 DPO! How great is that? Small victories 😊. Here's hoping we get lucky next chance. So done with progesterone! It's making me super hungry and giving me heartburn 👎. I'd take that all if there was a baby, but that with a bfn just makes me mad. I may just have a doughnut today...and maybe start working out again 😆

Thanks Ladies!!!! I'm very hopeful about it!

Richie's mom - hope it's not AF

Mrs. U- hope you caught that egg!

Starlight - Actually I didn't try much on our trip but only because I've really no hope of it happening naturally and my husband was stressed most of the time for his race and that's the last thing he thinks about when stressed. If he wasn't, I totally would have gotten it on while on vacation. It's often more fun in a new environment and the relaxation can definetly help when TTC.

Richieesmom - really hope it's not AF. If it is this sounds like a super weird cycle for you. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Mrs U - hope you managed to get atleast once in during the furtile window. If it was just late by a day you should still have some hope. Fingers crossed.

Les - yeah I've not heard the most fun stuff about progesterone. I have to do mine via shots in the bum and I've heard it can hurt a bunch. Plus I bruise really easily. So I might need one of those donut pillows for awhile. But regardless if it helps it's going to be totally worth it and I know you feel the same way. Even if it doesn't happen this cycle for you, you are setting yourself up for much better success in the future. I'm excited for you.

Les- sorry it has some not so good side effects! But seems to be helping so that's great !!

Thanks for the advice again ladies!

Oh les, sorry about the side effects. Is it like ramped up pms? Not fun. Hope you enjoyed that doughnut though, think you've earned it.

Star - enjoy your trip!! Where are you going?

Aayla - how are you doing? Really hope o has turned up for you.

Bronte - we did manage to bd 5 times, so I know I shouldn't flap about it. I had it in my head that we need to bd past o because the one cycle we did I ended up pregnant. It's probably just coincidence but, well you know what it's like, you think 'if I just do this' or 'if we do that'. It's daft to think like that, I know. Anyway if this cycle is a bust we'll be bding after o just for my peace of mind! That is, if DH doesn't buzz off to another conference!!

How are you doing, have you started your meds yet?

No O yet. Last opk was negative but the second line did come up quicker than the rest. Not any darker though. :(

Normally I was supposed to O today (wed cd 19). I am in bed and about to go to sleep so we shall se what my temp does. Got in a BD session tonight so I am hoping timing is ok just in case.

I am going to a concert tomorrow so even if I had opk's I wouldn't be able to use them. Just have to keep temping and hope for the rise.

Aayla - sounds good that the opk is starting to pop up quicker so Fx for that temp rise.

Oh les, sorry about the side effects. Is it like ramped up pms? Not fun. Hope you enjoyed that doughnut though, think you've earned it.

Star - enjoy your trip!! Where are you going?

Aayla - how are you doing? Really hope o has turned up for you.

Bronte - we did manage to bd 5 times, so I know I shouldn't flap about it. I had it in my head that we need to bd past o because the one cycle we did I ended up pregnant. It's probably just coincidence but, well you know what it's like, you think 'if I just do this' or 'if we do that'. It's daft to think like that, I know. Anyway if this cycle is a bust we'll be bding after o just for my peace of mind! That is, if DH doesn't buzz off to another conference!!

How are you doing, have you started your meds yet?

We're going to California, to sight see and see my BIL and his girlfriend.

Starlight - have fun. Sounds like a great trip!

mrs u - doing it as much as possible definitely helps around O, before and after. And I understand the being superstitious part of what has worked in the past. But you were in the window, so hopefully it's a success for you. I'm really hoping we have some more BFPs on this thread coming up. We all deserve it.

I start stim meds next week sometime on CD3 whenever that happens. Should be end of the week on into the beginning of the following week. I'm excited.

Aayla - hope you see a line in the next few days and the meds are working this time around!

Starlight - have fun. Sounds like a great trip!

mrs u - doing it as much as possible definitely helps around O, before and after. And I understand the being superstitious part of what has worked in the past. But you were in the window, so hopefully it's a success for you. I'm really hoping we have some more BFPs on this thread coming up. We all deserve it.

I start stim meds next week sometime on CD3 whenever that happens. Should be end of the week on into the beginning of the following week. I'm excited.

Aayla - hope you see a line in the next few days and the meds are working this time around!

Bronte- thank you and best of luck with your new meds! I'm sorry I haven't followed enough to know what it is your trying. What is stim?

Star - sounds fab. I LOVED California when we went on our honeymoon. Hello sunshine!! Are you from the US (If you don't mind me asking)

Bronte - eeek so exciting! Will you be doing the actual IVF this month as well as the egg retrieval (sorry I don't know the proper lingo).

Starlight - thanks, I'm starting IVF. Stims are just the abbreviated lingo for meds that stimulate the ovaries. Basically they try to make you ovulate an overabundance of eggs and then give you other meds to slow the process so they can get the timing perfect, before taking all the eggs out, fertilizing them, and then putting the embryos back it. Fun times (very sarcastically said, because if you have ever had ovulation pain, just imagine it being multiplied by 10-15, which is around the amount of eggs I'm hoping for. Plus, I have scar tissue or something that causes pain on at least one of my ovaries, so I'm anticipating some not fun few weeks ahead, but I will get through it!).

mrs u - egg retrieval is about 2 weeks after I start stims, and is close to when ovulation normally happens for most people. But they give you a trigger shot to get the timing perfect. So that will happen early July. I should know within 3-5 days after that how many embryos we have to work with. At that time we will determine if we are doing genetic testing or just transferring back. It depends on how many embryos we get. Any left that can be viable pregnancies will be frozen for potential future kids.

Star - The UK, north east England. I feel I'm learning a lot about the geography of the US being on here!!

Bronte - oh, the o pain doesn't sound fun, but sounds like it'll just be the one time for you. So a super exciting few weeks coming up then! Can't wait for all your updates. xx

Starlight - thanks, I'm starting IVF. Stims are just the abbreviated lingo for meds that stimulate the ovaries. Basically they try to make you ovulate an overabundance of eggs and then give you other meds to slow the process so they can get the timing perfect, before taking all the eggs out, fertilizing them, and then putting the embryos back it. Fun times (very sarcastically said, because if you have ever had ovulation pain, just imagine it being multiplied by 10-15, which is around the amount of eggs I'm hoping for. Plus, I have scar tissue or something that causes pain on at least one of my ovaries, so I'm anticipating some not fun few weeks ahead, but I will get through it!).

mrs u - egg retrieval is about 2 weeks after I start stims, and is close to when ovulation normally happens for most people. But they give you a trigger shot to get the timing perfect. So that will happen early July. I should know within 3-5 days after that how many embryos we have to work with. At that time we will determine if we are doing genetic testing or just transferring back. It depends on how many embryos we get. Any left that can be viable pregnancies will be frozen for potential future kids.

Oh wow! I hope they get as many embryos as they can. Hope it's not too awful painful. Best of luck, hoping this is the answer to your prayers!

Star - The UK, north east England. I feel I'm learning a lot about the geography of the US being on here!!

Bronte - oh, the o pain doesn't sound fun, but sounds like it'll just be the one time for you. So a super exciting few weeks coming up then! Can't wait for all your updates. xx

You're probably learning more than me about he US. I still don't know where the location of some of the states are! Geography has never been my strong suit! Haha

Yes it should hopefully only be the one time. But we paid for two IVF rounds upfront, because it's cheaper per round and gave us unlimited frozen transfers. So theoretically if I don't respond well to the meds or I get a small amount of embryos I could choose to do another cycle as well. Which might very well be an option. Given my age if we want future children it is a good option because then my eggs will stay a youthful 35, no matter how long it takes me to put them back in. So even after I'm 40 then I still have a much better shot at having kids. (I can't believe I'm even close enough to that age to be thinking about that right now- that seems crazy to me. I remember when my own parents had an "over the hill" 40th birthday party).

My husband only wants one kid, but I know that's not going to happen and I think he's silly saying that. To be honest, that only started after our ectopic. Before that he wanted more. I think going through that entire process scared him and there was probably some self-preservation happening that made him think just one kid would be fine and he'd take that. Not sure. It's interesting to think about though.

That sounds like a great option for you! I really never knew much about the IVF process, thank you for sharing how it works!

That does sound like a good plan Bronte. I remember my mums 40th, I was 16! Our kid / kids will be much younger at mine as I'm 30. I understand your DHs feelings. We've always wanted 2 (secretly I wanted more but I know that'll never happen now) but since the mmc I'm thinking it's a possibility one might be enough depending on how long it takes us etc etc. But your situation is different, you don't want to spend all that money and go through the whole process, only to think in a couple of years you want another and maybe have to do it all again, when you could have tried to plan for it now. Good thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->