TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Star - I'm actually in California! It's a great place to visit. We live right back by a National Park and absolutely love it. There is so much to see. We've had some great little spontaneous weekend staycations. Let me know if you need any tips for SoCal.

Bronte - I'm so excited for you to start. It sounds like an awful lot to go through, but how amazing will it be when you're holding that little baby! I hear you in the age thing. At 34, I'm getting really concerned that this is taking a while...my risk of another MC just keeps on going up 😞

Aayla - Hope O comes soon doll.

Richiees - Hope all is well with you.

Bee - I hope you're getting all the symptoms from you're little sticky bean. Still just over the moon happy for you!

That sounds like a great option for you! I really never knew much about the IVF process, thank you for sharing how it works!

Star - I'm actually in California! It's a great place to visit. We live right back by a National Park and absolutely love it. There is so much to see. We've had some great little spontaneous weekend staycations. Let me know if you need any tips for SoCal.

Bronte - I'm so excited for you to start. It sounds like an awful lot to go through, but how amazing will it be when you're holding that little baby! I hear you in the age thing. At 34, I'm getting really concerned that this is taking a while...my risk of another MC just keeps on going up 😞

Aayla - Hope O comes soon doll.

Richiees - Hope all is well with you.

Bee - I hope you're getting all the symptoms from you're little sticky bean. Still just over the moon happy for you!

Les! I totally missed this!! Any tips would be great we're staying in a place called Fallon , Fallbrook something like that? Is that right? My BIL is located in Oceanside, I believe. We want to see places like LA and San Diego , which I guess BIL is near. My geography skills are lacking!

Fallbrook is beautiful but a bit out of the way. You can go wine tasting in Temecula. There's lots of good food in Oceanside/Carlsbad. Oceanside is in north San Diego County so it will be a good maybe 45 minute drive down to downtown San Diego. I'm sure your brother in-law will show you around. I live in between there and LA in Orange County. LA is a good 1-1.5 hours from here so it will be at least 2-2.5 hours from Fallbrook. LA is sprawling, so it's best to decide what you want to see up there. Museum-wise I love the Getty. I'd say the best beaches are a bit south Del Mar, La Jolla around there. Hope you have fun!!!

Thanks for the insight!! Yeah my BIL has been calling everyday because like you said were not staying quite in the right area. Sounds like we're sorta out of the way! Blaming that on DH!

No temp spike :cry:

cm has also dried up. Looks like it is IVF for me. I will temp throughout the weekend to be sure. But I don't think it's going to happen. I'm thinking I'm going to call the doc today and let them know so I can book in time to see him if needed. I don't know what the next step is while I lose the weight and save up the money.

Bronte, I'm crazy excited for u, u have no idea!

Les, the progesterone is going to do great things for u, I know it.

Star, have a good trip babe!

Mrs u, everything is crossed for this relaxed cycle!

Afm, no AF. Just that one pee break when wiping. Not a hint of anything since! I do remember last yr when AF didn't show for march, I did get a tiny bit of blood middle of April. Thought that was AF n put a tampon in. A few hrs later when it was time to change it, there was hardly anything on it. Then nothing for the next 9 months! Not thinking this is the same situation, but its reminded me of then. Will be testing tomorrow morning or the next. Very freaking nervous but not expecting good news.

Aayla, I'm sorry.... Ull get some good news soon. Hey, maybe while waiting on ivf ull have a surprise bfp! Iv read of that happening a lot.

Thanks Richiees. I wish it would happen but I don't ovulate on my own. Never have is what the doc suspects. Except when I first got my period when I was a little girl. I was told at 18 that I had PCOS and would need medical help to conceive.

Oh Aayla - I'm so sorry. That's so weird you just stopped responding to the meds. Is that typical? I was really hoping you wouldn't need IVF, but it might be a good motivation to work on yourself and your health why you are waiting to save up for. There's several great grants and funding sources to look into as well, depending on your clinic. I'm sure Canada is similar in what it offers, but I think several of them it doesn't matter where you are located. Good luck, Hon. :hugs:

Richieesmom - thanks. I'm excited too! I'm really anxious to see what you find out from the test. I really hope it's good news.

Starlight - have fun in CA. So excited for you. And the IVF process is crazy. I had a ton to learn before starting with it.

Les - I hate that we have to worry about age. I don't even feel that old at all, but I guess when it comes to fertility we are. Boo. Really glad you figured out the progesterone issue now so it can hopefully help you conceive faster then without it.

mrs u - we'll see what happens. All my plans could change. I'm excited to finally start though. How's your SIL doing, by the way? Do you feel you are managing to keep the carefree mindset that you wanted from this month?

Aayla- so sorry hope you can find some funding somewhere to help cover the process. It's such a shame not everywhere covers processes like that.

Aayla - I'm so sorry hun. I can't even imagine how upsetting this must be for you. I really hope you find a way to start IVF soon. Are you going to see your doc soon?

Richiees - I literally cannot wait to see your test!!

Bronte - my SIL is doing ok. She doesn't open up too much but she was signed off work for two weeks. She's spent a good few days crying but she went back to work this week so hopefully she's starting to settle a bit. We're seeing her and my bro this weekend as they've just moved house. Can't wait to give her a big hug.

Hmmm this cycle didn't end up as relaxed as I'd hoped. The opks stressed me out! I'm fine now but I'm thinking if this cycle is a bust I'm ditching the opks too. I know I ov cd12-14 (ish) so if we bd every other day from 8-16 we should be covered. That was my plan this cycle but once I saw the neg opk when I expected it to be pos I freaked a bit, that's why we ended up bding 5 days in a row!!! I think this TWW will be good though as I'm off work next week and my mum is coming up.

I called my doc's assistant and she referred me to the nurses line as they will have some questions. So now I am waiting to hear back.

I know the last time I saw him that he said that if I were to take a break or if the hyperplasia was back that I would have to be on the Mirena. Not sure if that is still a thing but it seems likely as it will be 2017 before we get the money.

I'm not sure if it is normal for it to stop working but this is my 7th cycle. It could be that I have been on too long or it could be the weight gain in the last year.

I've had a bit of time to come to terms with this and there is this feeling inside that this is the right step to take. I was almost willing to do it anyway as I was getting so tired of timed sex and making sure that not only hubby was aware he couldn't say no during that time but that he didn't feel like a sperm machine at the same time. He even said that doing it in the cup would be fine. lol somehow it's different. I don't know. Men... :haha:

But yes, maybe this is divine intervention. Maybe this is the way that the universe, God, Goddess, Buddha..whatever you believe in...is telling me to get my ass in gear and get healthy.

mrs u - glad your SIL seems to be coping as best as she can and she took some time away from work. I'm sure that helped. It's nice that you can be there for her, regardless if she opens up or not. I'm usually pretty shy and soft spoken so I don't open up lots in real life, but I appreciated everyone's kind words or hugs around my loss regardless.

Sorry the OPKs are still stressing out some. That's a good plan for next month. Let's hope it's not needed though!

Aayla - that sounds horrible. Why would they make you do the Mirena? Just because it would be dangerous for a pregnancy? Or does it have another benefit for you? As soon as we figured out IVF was right for us, it felt like everything fell into place and it really felt like the right decision. And I totally understand the annoyance with timed intercourse and just ready to move on. I'm grateful we don't really need to be forced to BD anymore. While most of the time it was fine, it just gets not fun after awhile. Moving on to trying other things is nice! Hope you get to try it sooner rather then later and it's helpful to focus on yourself. I know once we knew we were doing IVF it was a really good kick in the pants to get more serious about my eating and fitness.

It would be for the hyperplasia. When not ovulating I need to be on a progesterone to keep it from coming back but I am too sensitive to provera. So he wants to put in the Mirena. BUT I haven't had any hyperplasia show up in over a year so I am hoping that I won't have to. Just waiting for the doc to call to confirm short term next steps.

Soooo...I had another temp spike this morning. may have jumped the gun a bit on that whole no ovulation thing :blush:

i won't know for sure until I get my progesterone test done next Thursday but when I put in a high temp for tomorrow FF gives me my cross hairs on cd 20. and there is another online calendar I use as well and it normally never gives me cover line or anything and when I put in a high temp for tomorrow it not only gives me a cover line but puts O day on cd 20 as well.

Aayla - that's fab news, just look at your temps!! Surely they wouldn't look like that unles you'd od?!

Les - how you doing with the 15 day lp? Goes on forever doesn't it?

AFM - had a fab day yesterday celebrating my MILs 60th and visiting my bro and SIL in their new house. Been feeling really nauseous so far this TWW. Think I'm having a bit of a hormone surge as my skin is breaking out badly too. Only 5 DPO so I know it's nothing other than normal hormones buzzing about. My o pains were much stronger this cycle too, and af cramps so that kind of makes sense.

I'm ok. Just hoping AF arrives soon. Today, Saturday, was actually 16 DPO. I just didn't temp or record data today. I took my last dose of progesterone 72 hours ago. Really hope this doesn't drag on too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->