TTC #1 clomid and Ovidrel

Below is a picture of my ovary after the ovarian drilling. They both ended up looking like this (golfballs) after the surgery. Basically I had so many cysts in the insides of my ovaries that I was not able to produce mature follicles or ovulate. I went FOREVER without a period, and had to take medicine to make af come each cycle. Otherwise I dont think I would have ever had a period. The drilling broke up the cysts so my body could eliminate them. The surgery counted as CD1, and I had my first EVER natural period 34 days later. I got preggo the second cycle after the surgery. The only problem now is I am fighting with the insurance company to cover it! (a holes)... So that is what "fixed" me. The second cycle after the surgery was the first time I ever responded to clomid, and the first time I ever used a trigger.

DH and I were talking last night and decided that after we have the twins, we MIGHT have another.... but we WILL NOT go through all the fertility treatments again. If we cant get pregnant naturally, then we will count our blessings and be happy for the two children we are lucky enough to get.

my goodness i am EXHAUSTED, I worked all morning til 3, and then ran ALL OVER TOWN selling stuff that I had listed on craigslist. since DH and I are going to be moving into a bigger and nicer house toward the end of my pregnancy, we are sorting through and selling ALL THE JUNK we have accumulated together. Its exhausting

Attachments

• drilledovary1.jpg
    drilledovary1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3
Below is a picture of my ovary after the ovarian drilling. They both ended up looking like this (golfballs) after the surgery. Basically I had so many cysts in the insides of my ovaries that I was not able to produce mature follicles or ovulate. I went FOREVER without a period, and had to take medicine to make af come each cycle. Otherwise I dont think I would have ever had a period. The drilling broke up the cysts so my body could eliminate them. The surgery counted as CD1, and I had my first EVER natural period 34 days later. I got preggo the second cycle after the surgery. The only problem now is I am fighting with the insurance company to cover it! (a holes)... So that is what "fixed" me. The second cycle after the surgery was the first time I ever responded to clomid, and the first time I ever used a trigger.

DH and I were talking last night and decided that after we have the twins, we MIGHT have another.... but we WILL NOT go through all the fertility treatments again. If we cant get pregnant naturally, then we will count our blessings and be happy for the two children we are lucky enough to get.

my goodness i am EXHAUSTED, I worked all morning til 3, and then ran ALL OVER TOWN selling stuff that I had listed on craigslist. since DH and I are going to be moving into a bigger and nicer house toward the end of my pregnancy, we are sorting through and selling ALL THE JUNK we have accumulated together. Its exhausting
Ouch!!! That looks painful!!! Well I respond really well to clomid, so I don't know why I haven't got pregnant yet. My husbands sperm is really good, and I ovulate with the medicine! So I don't know what's going on with me.

Even with perfect cycles and all the stars aligned there isn't a high chance of getting pregnant, believe it or not. There are SO MANY factors that have to be aligned perfectly. It's weird. :shrug:

Ouch!!! That looks painful!!! Well I respond really well to clomid, so I don't know why I haven't got pregnant yet. My husbands sperm is really good, and I ovulate with the medicine! So I don't know what's going on with me.
Maybe my eggs are getting fertilized but not implanting. But I'm taking progesterone for it to stick.

Even with perfect cycles and all the stars aligned there isn't a high chance of getting pregnant, believe it or not. There are SO MANY factors that have to be aligned perfectly. It's weird. :shrug:
How did you find out you had all those cysts in your ovaries?

I don't think I'm pregnant this month. Y'all are gonna think this is weird, but every month when I'm close to my period, my dog tries to hump me. Lol. And last night he was going crazy and would stop trying to hump me. But usually he only starts it like 2 or 3 days before my period shows, so maybe I will be starting sooner than I thight

:blush:

I am not on Ovidrel, actually I'm not familiar with that at all, but I am on Clomid 50mg, first round, CD10 and I go for an u/s today that I suppose will tell me how many follicles I have?

Any advice? And what is Ovidrel? Should I ask my doc about that?

Of course you can join! :) if your already on clomid, your u/s is probably to see if your follicles have grown enough to ovulate. And ovidrel is a shot you take too release all your matured eggs, when your follicles are ready.

Of course you can join! :) if your already on clomid, your u/s is probably to see if your follicles have grown enough to ovulate. And ovidrel is a shot you take too release all your matured eggs, when your follicles are ready.

:happydance::happydance:

Thanks for letting me crash your party! :) I read through this thread, you ladies have some exciting things going on. I hope my appointment today gives me some hope! I have been TTC for 9 months.

I guess my doc would've given me Ovidrel if I needed it. Maybe I will mention it today. Is there anything I should ask at this appointment?

A lot of people don't respond to 50mg of clomid... this may be kinda a trial run... but ask it gives you a better idea of when you o... you will o 24-36 hrs after taking shot.

Have they diagnosed you or is is it unexplained fertility??

Welcome hopin :hi:
this thread is wonderful and so is our small group here. Miss blucky is pregnant with twins and the rest of us are right behind her. Right ladies? :thumbup:

Depending on your MD and your individual situation, they may - like dope said just do 50 to start and "see" how your body responds. Just keep in mind that every md does things differently and will tell you different things. So you may hear us saying things that your MD hasn't told you to do or not to.

AFM, Im just plugging away, day 2 of clomid and can't wait for my US next Saturday, I wonder if I'll have more/less follicles this time then I did last time ?? Have you guys experienced it to be different each cycle on clomid?

Hopin I am surprised that you want to join right after PB admitted to her dog wanting to hump her:laugh2: LMPAO but welcome:hi:!!

Grace I dunno about making different amounts of follies... I neverhad any mature prior to the surgery, and after that I only had 1 monitored cycle and got knocked up!! :thumbup:

PB that is HILARIOUS about your dog... I dont know why, it just is. I knew there were cysts bc they could see them when they did the u/s to check follies... the follicles could never mature because the cysts were blocking them.. or something like that. But if you have had your ovaries scanned, then you would know if you had an abundance. The doc even said its somewhat normal to have SOME.

So the house that we live in now is small, and only has one bathroom. It seems like everytime I really NEED to pee my DH is in there with his tablet just waiting on something to happen... I am always like HURRY THE EFF UP I GOTTA GO!! :loo: He just sits in there, like its his quiet time or something. why does it take men SOOOOO LONG to doody? lol. Sorry that was my little rant.

Dopeyyyy... how are you?

Omg ! Blucky :rofl::rofl:
MY DH does the same thing but he is worse, if I try to "talk" to him through the door he gets VERY upset because I am interrupting his private time> :dohh:
LOL
Like Im not kidding, he will not respond if I talk to him while he's in there and then he's upset after that I interrupted him. LMFAO!!!
OMG they are hillarious! like its some big special project where he needs to completely 100% concentrate on the task at hand that can take him forever :rofl:

I definitly hear you on needing a 2nd bathroom. It was a requirement for us when we built our house. and now we have "his" and hers and he doesn't go in mine and I dont go in his. He says my stuff explodes all over the bathroom (meaning makeup, perfume, hairspray, etc) and he doesn't like "my stuff" all over.

Men are funny!

My DH needs to understand now that im preggo, I GET FIRST DIBS!! lol he just needs to pinch it off and get out of my way. lmao

can't believe you are 8 weeks and 2 days!!!!!!!
seems like just yesterday you posted your poas picture!

Thanks guys, for the warm welcome :flower::hugs:

Today's u/s did not go as well as I had hoped. I have one 'dominant' follicle, measuring at 14mm, and that's it.

I just have to say, I was very hopeful that I'd have more than one follicle, and at that, that it'd be measuring larger than it is.

TRYING to stay positive and hope that this one matures!!!!

THanks for the support.

I am good... 10 dpo... not feeling anything! Had some af like cramps this am but stopped.

You are all way too funny! My bf is similar although if I say I have to pee... he will come out for me then go back... lol!

Thanks guys, for the warm welcome :flower::hugs:

Today's u/s did not go as well as I had hoped. I have one 'dominant' follicle, measuring at 14mm, and that's it.

I just have to say, I was very hopeful that I'd have more than one follicle, and at that, that it'd be measuring larger than it is.

TRYING to stay positive and hope that this one matures!!!!

THanks for the support.

what cd are you? i thought you said you were cd12? if you are. one follie at 14 is AWESOME FOR cd12!!!!!!!!!!!

We each had to go back for a few ultrasounds until the follies grew more. Is your MD having you go back in a few days for another check???

Stay positive! My first cd12 ultrasound only had one and it was just barely 12, so 14 is great!

I am good... 10 dpo... not feeling anything! Had some af like cramps this am but stopped.

You are all way too funny! My bf is similar although if I say I have to pee... he will come out for me then go back... lol!

I am praying for you dope! when are you going to test? i will tell you that Im going to poas like crazy next time. that waiting thing did NOT work for me! :dohh:
good luck! i am soooooooooo praying for you!

Hopin I had to go back several times
cd12, cd14, cd16, cd17 and cd18! before I had a 21 mm follicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->