ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

oh she will most definately be tall then :)

Will you be having anymore scans later in your pg or are you waiting to see now?

im soooooo tempted to go have another 4D scan done around 28 wks if i dont get to see much on my study scans Lol.. although, apparently, when it comes to 3/4D scans, if you have an anterior placenta it really makes a diff to the pictures & they wont be as clear.. typical!

oh she will most definately be tall then :)

Will you be having anymore scans later in your pg or are you waiting to see now?

im soooooo tempted to go have another 4D scan done around 28 wks if i dont get to see much on my study scans Lol.. although, apparently, when it comes to 3/4D scans, if you have an anterior placenta it really makes a diff to the pictures & they wont be as clear.. typical!

Yes we go back May 27th for my 4D - I will be 28 weeks then. I can't wait! :)

Ah wow i bet you cant wait :) fx the wks will move swiftly until scan time

Hii how is everyone ? Is it me or these weeks going by quickly... I hope it continues :)

Hey there Iak & gals

Yup too fast its scares me hahaa i have so much baby shopping to do yet!

Im 24 wks tomorrow holy moly!!

Golden, hope your doing ok X

Golden hey :wave:

Sorry to hear that lovely.. :hugs:

How does the Metaformin work hun? The body probsbly needs a good couple of cycles to get used to it & do its thing xx

Its going good with metformin, i lost some weight and my last cycle bleeding was 5 days which is a good sign.

Sounds good golden.. Hopefully some good news will be heading your way.

Clairybell- tell me about it! Do you have a lot from when you had Riley that you have kept ? Also after 20 weeks do we have blood tests ?

i have everything crossed for you Golden :hugs:

Iak, i dont think they do bloods at every Midwife apt but they do later in Third Tri i think, if you in the UK around 26-28 wks you will have a Glucose Intollerance test (fasting) to check for gestational diabetes, mines in 4 weeks, there not that bad as ive had one done before & you feel lots perkier as soon as you ve drunk the syrup based drink they give you, takes 2hrs start to finish but then after you can eat wht you want :)

forgot to add that if your feeling tired alot & breathless they may want to take some blood randomly to check for anaemia

Ok thanks for that. Yep I'm back in the uk now. Came back a week ago! What do you mean it takes 2hours start to finish?

Worried about the whole diabetes - when I was in USA I was consuming sugar stuff and there it's like double in everything

Bascially with the Fasting bloods, you get to your apt, i think they take blood, then give you the drink & then 2 hrs later (only allowed to drink water & nothing else) they take some more blood, then the test is done.. its just the waiting around for 2 hrs uhh..

if anythng shows up (im sure your fine hun) you get contacted by the hospital of where you had the bloods done or where you care is & then they advise from there i think..

obvious things with gest diabetes is, mega thirst, urgent peeing in night (but i get that aswell more so now) but mainly if baby is showing bigger than expected.. but sometimes these happen & its not Gest diabetes :)

dont worry too much hun..

Ok thanks. 2 hour wait? Oh great. They make you wait for ages as it is for an appointment let alone 2 hours. Yeah me too need to pee a lot and get thirsty but baby is measuring fine atm.

Did you go to anternatal classes with Riley ?

I know, but app it takes 2 hrs for the body to process the drink, eughhh!

I went to a couple when pg with Riley but not the 3 weekly course they advise you to go on, like what happens in labour room & they show you forceps & basically all the stuff they'll use if anything happens.. F**k that! Id rather not know LOL!

Ive enrolled on the breastfeeding workshop same as before as its really helpful, waterbirth & vbac class but i may opt for the planned csection this time around as i had one previous due to Riley being Breech.. Oh decisions! Will you be enrolling on any hun? X

Yes I have enrolled on all 3. I think we both got the same sheet haha. I looked online but you have to pay for the 6 week ones. I'm the first out all my friends to have a baby, so would like to meet other mums. Also be good for OH as he is nervous. Was Riley an emergency c section. I would like to find a workshop for water births, if everything goes well would like to have a water birth. Can't wait to have baby now...

In a way I would like to be naive to labour as its my first and I don't want to know too much about the pain that I am going to face. Sounds stupid I know but i think the more I know, the more I'm going to be stressed out about the big day.

That exactly how i feel, the more you know anout labour & what happens scares me & id rather not know lol!

Riley was a planned csection as he was Footling Breech, so no labour or anything which is why im tempted to opt for a planned csection this time around Lol!

Im enrolled ofvthe Waterbirth workshop aswell incase i decide Natural birth ha ha but with Riley is was fully booked out but i think all thats fone is they show you around the ward, the tubs & go through dos/dpnts of waterbirth eyc, once waters have popped you cant use the tubs do it really just depends on the birth really :)

How far along were u when you had planned csection ?

Fully booked... Oh so does it depend on the day whether they have tubs available.. So even if you do opt for a water birth and everything goes to plan, you still may not get to have one due availability ? Also wanted to ask, when do they give you a rough indication of how much baby will weigh?

Yeah, if all tubs are in use then you wont get to use one, my midwife thos afternoon said the 2 tubs they have on labour ward at Princess Anne have been out of use the last few months pfft but as ive had a previous csection, waterbirths are a no no it seems as im deemed as 'high risk' oh well.. The like you on dry land as such so they can monitor you it seems!

But if your in early labour & a tub comes available you can use it :thumbup: you should have no probs hun!

I dont know if baby weight estimates are done in uk, i never had one with Riley.. :-/ but i guess you can ask about them?

They found out Riley was breech (purely coincidental yikes) at literally 38 wks!! Far too far along for him to turn, he had been that way for a while i think, i had felt his head under my rib for ages before, they tried the ECV baby turning procedure but he never turned, booked cesection for 39+2.. I wasnt happy lol

Oh right I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully this pregnancy will go more smoothly. Today was the last time I went to hospital as midwife appointments are done at GP. Felt so weird thinking that next I will be there will be when baby is due! Eekkkk

How are u feeling ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->