ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Clairey- Ahh congrats on the news of a little girl

Golden - goodluck - wishing you lots of good thoughts and feelings.

Hope everyone is doing ok in their pregnancies x

So got the 20 wk scan tomorrow and I'm so bloody nervous. Not only because the scan but I am having blood test too tomorrow and the nurses here have no idea how to take blood. I have never had a phobia of needles but since being in the u.s I have a massive fear... Feel physically sick thinking about it. Sorry but has to get it off my chest. Hope everyone is good :)

On a plus will know for definite what baby is :)

oh Iak im sure all will be completely fine hun! Why do they have in-experienced nurses taking Blood? i wouldnt want it done, can your Drs surgery in the US do them at all?

Excited for you to see your lil baby boy again though hehe x

So relieved.. All went well today. Had a really nice nurse today and she done a great job. Clairybell I have no idea 3 times I have had blood taken I have had really bad experiences. Everything is well with baby boy, was told he is very photogenic! Haha He was waving at us too. It's getting more real now, although I hardly have a bump haha but I ve started to feel him move now :))

Clairybell- With your first pregnancy, did you have a scan after your 20 week one? If so when ?

Have you thought of any names?

So glad the bloods went well Iak, theres nothing worse esp if you have little veins..

Ahhh yey! Yup, theres no denying baby boy bits in there all swollen in the water hehe but so glad it all wennt well yay! With NHS in uk they only give you the 2 scans at 12 & 20wks, you can pay private to have more done but they can be pricey! Ultrasound Direct in the uk does them, i think they do a gender 4D scan from 16-30 wks & its only £79 which i had last week confirming it was a girl after my nhs scan, at 20wks it was awesome!

I will be having 2 more scans with this pg as i am on a ttc study of which you get 5 ultrasounds eeee! My next is 28wks, they switch it to 3D aswell so im looking forward to that

What is the 4D scan like ? I am debating whether to get one don't want to see too much of him before he comes out.. Kind of want the surprise what he is going to look like and all his features.

2 scans is nothing. I've got a scan in London 2 weeks time so get to see baby boy again :)

What is the ttc study ? How did you get yourself into that ?

With your first pregnancy- how often did you have to see midwife ?

Ooh il post a piccy & you can see hehe our lil girl inside looks just like our son Riley :) im so excited to see her ha ha roll on July!

Ah yey another scan hehe bet you cant wait :hugs:

In the first 6 months i think its every 6-8 weeks you see midwife & then 6-8 months every 4, last month its every 2 wks & then when your due & overdue, i gave my next obe at 24 wks :))

When i was pg with my son the Maternity hospital asked me if id like to tske part in a Vit D study, they take bloods throughout & get samples of placenta etc after baby arrives, anyway, a lady i know via my work, works in the Mat hospital & she said the have a study called Nipper which is a probiotic drink you take when pg & then they take bloods & extra scans etc to monitor how the body breaks downs sugars etc, you can Google it, its quite intresting, its a pain having bloods done & give hair samples etc but you get extra scans which is such a bonus :thumbup:

Heres a 3/4d scan of her :)

https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/claireybell81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3lyzy6dx.jpeg

Aw she is so cute! Well at least you get to have the scans I find them a massive reassurance. I've had 5 atm Been taking advantage of my insurance as its included Haha. Have you brought her anything yet?

haha nice :) tbh that is def something il be doing if i had insurance that covered it hehe

Well confirmed she is a girl and a very active little girl. She weighs 9 oz. :baby:

Attachments

• edited pic.jpg
    edited pic.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
Congrats Scobbins :) are you feeling any movement yet? Did they confirm at your 20week scan ?

Aww congrats again srobbins :hugs: i have a similar pic of our lil girl with body & butt in air hehe! They certainly are lil wrigglers :)

Congrats Scobbins :) are you feeling any movement yet? Did they confirm at your 20week scan ?

Yes I feel her move at times. She is right below my belly button. They confirmed at my anatomy scan last week that she is a girl! I will be 20 weeks this Friday. :) Hubby and I are both so excited. I go back for my 4D ultrasound on May 27th! I can't wait for that one!! :hug: :cloud9:

Aww it's the best feeling. I started feeling baby boy on Mother's Day. Your only one week behind me. I'm 21 weeks on Friday :)

Aww it's the best feeling. I started feeling baby boy on Mother's Day. Your only one week behind me. I'm 21 weeks on Friday :)

Oh wow what a wonderful Mother's Day gift! :) Our Mother's Day here in the states is May 8th. Pregnancy is such a blessing even with all my 1st trimester sickness. :baby:

Aww movement is lovely :hugs: i get kicked alot in the bowels & always feel the need to chuff LOL!

Has your sickness completely passed now srobbins?

Aww movement is lovely :hugs: i get kicked alot in the bowels & always feel the need to chuff LOL!

Has your sickness completely passed now srobbins?

For the most part it has passed. Certain things make me gag or vomit! lol I love feeling her move. She has some long legs and big feet. But she gets it honest - I'm 5'8 and dh is 6'2!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->