Ttc #1

Hello Ladies! Mind if I join? im 26 and hubby and I are on cycle #4 ttc #1. for a year we were NTNP. it kind of worries me we never accidently got pregnant during that time, and are still waiting. A mind game it is indeed! its awful! I used OPK's for 2 months, this month I decided im not going to drive myself crazy poas every day. We are using preseed this cycle. based on my past cycles I will O either today or tomorrow. we are also doing SMEP. its crazy how your whole life your told "have sex once and you'll get pregnant" then when you actually try, it takes forever! I really hope this is our month, im not sure I can emotionally handle seeing another BFN! however, im also not keeping any preg tests in my house!!! I do not want to be tempted or test until im like a week late! these last 2 cycles my cycles have gotten longer... I hate it!!!

and once in the tww period, I totally obsess over everything!! im hoping to stay busy and not do that this time.... I just feel like its never going to happen, so idk why I stress so much.

I've been stalking this site for while now. This is my 1st month TTC #1. I have no idea anything about ovulation kits or anything, I'm just learning. I do have an app called MyDays and apparently the yellow week is the most fertile? We've been BDing every day to every other day during the yellow week. There's 3 days left so we will see what happens.

I do have a question though. I tried looking at my CM yesterday per the advice I've been reading, but it does look like EW. There's not really anything there. I have some twinges in my stomach which usually happen a couple of weeks before my period along with back pain and then it goes away. Is that ever a symptom of ovulation?

My period is supposed to come the day after Thanksgiving, so I'm going to get a test at a drs visit I have schedule already for Dec 1.

Thanks,

Newbie :baby:

Hey nmpjcp! Yes that's ovulation pain which occurs mid cycle and is a symptom of ovulation. Don't worry about not seeing much ewcm, it'll likely be up the top; some women never see it but still get pregnant! I'm on my first cycle too! Only just coming into my fertile week so it's all systems go!

Thanks for the info Jaspie! I'm very excited to see if we caught the egg this month. Do you know common it is to get it on the 1st month?

For now, I think I'm going to go with what the MyDays app says since that's how we started. According to the app, ovulation is tomorrow, so we are going to BD today and tomorrow! TWW starts Saturday!

MH5280, I obsess over everything too! Maybe you can give yourself task that would take a couple of weeks to complete in order to keep your mind off the wait?

Yay babies :)

I got pregnant the first month ttc. I was amazed at how easy it was. Unfortunately, I lost the baby at 13 weeks. But I'm optimistic due to how easy it was. The struggle with ttc this second time is that my cycles are shorter and it took a few months to figure it out. I think I've finally got the O date narrowed down, but we'll see if it works this time.

So there is hope! :)

Sunshine where are you in your TTC this month? Are you in your TWW?

I'm currently on day 11 and I think I O around now. TWW starts tomorrow.

Hmmm, so what do you guys think about this... I believe I O on day 11. It's not day 12. We dtd on day 9, 10 and 11. I felt twinges yesterday on the right side. I do get mittelschmerz usually, but we've just missed the last few months so wasn't able to take advantage. Tonight we can dtd but I think we're probably okay. Thoughts? So I've had egg white cm the last 2 days. Yay!

Sunshine I think that sounds very promising!! I would go ahead and BD today though just to be on the safe side. Plus, a little BDing never hurt anybody. Hehe. How exciting! Now the wait begins. For my TWW I'm going to work on project so keep my mind off of things. Do you have anything planned?

Well, we had to miss Friday...but we got Saturday! lol, so we got 9, 10, 11 and 13. I'm officially in the tww. I'm supposed to get af next Tuesday/Wednesday. How are you ladies making through? Any news? Did anyone else O yet?

I'm suppose to O on Wednesday, the 19th. I've taken two ovulation tests so far. One on Sunday and one this morning. Both had flashing smiley faces, which means I'm in my fertile window. Now, I just have to test everyday until I get a non-flashing smiley on my test. I'm hoping that'll be tomorrow or Wednesday!! My dh and I have bd almost everyday the past 5 days, so hopefully we catch an egg this time around!!! Good luck to you ladies!:dust:

I'm testing everyday this week since my calendar says this should be my fertile week. Yesterday's came out negative but we're doing BD every other night. I was told that doing it everyday can make :spermy: count lower. Hopefully this is my month :)

I'm testing everyday this week since my calendar says this should be my fertile week. Yesterday's came out negative but we're doing BD every other night. I was told that doing it everyday can make :spermy: count lower. Hopefully this is my month :)

Yeah, I've heard that too. I've also heard that it shouldn't make too big a different in a healthy male who's following a good diet and exercising. I think every other day is a good effort, especially if your CM is good.

Good luck babydust0302! There's no time like the coolest months of the year for BDing. :thumbup:

I've been researching the beliefs on if having sex everyday lowers sperm count and it seems like it is just a myth. There was not much of a difference between couples who had sex every other day and those who had sex every day (During your fertile window). I've been worried that we won't catch an egg this cycle because my dh and I have been bding everyday since a day or two before my fertile window but after doing this research I'm not too concerned. Anybody else believe it is just a myth? :)

Unfortunately, nothing is proven or set in stone - that's why we have these groups, and girls drive themselves, and each other crazy with their own opinions and experiences. While mostly it's a wonderful thing, it can also drive us mad. As for this myth, nothing is proven - so just bd as often as you can, and like and see what happens. Try not to over think it, and just enjoy the process. My husband and I decided to ttc and got pregnant on the one of two times we bd that week. I had no idea how ovulation worked, didn't do anything different at all. Now this second time, I'm over thinking it - I'm temping, I'm looking for symptoms, and it's making the process not as fun. It CAN happen easily for some, and then for the same person, be difficult the next time. So take everything you hear with a grain of salt, and let it happen :)

sunshine2014 I agree. I think overthinking is diminishing my joy in the process a little. It's making it obsessive instead of enjoyable.

I actually never realize that it took so much to get pregnant until I started reading blogs and stumbled across TTC, TWW, and all the others terms and started looking things up and researching.

That being said ahughes, I'm with you. And either way, I'm going to BD with my DH whenever I want because it keeps us connected and I love him. :)

I'm so excited for when we start testing. Are you guys going to stay on this thread then or are going moving to a TWW thread? I'm technically in TWW. According to the app I'm using (which probably isn't accurate I'm 4DPO.

I'm going to stay here! I can't keep track if I join too many threads lol. I'm in the TWW - but again, trying not to symptom spot...(we'll see what happens haha), so I'm avoiding the TWW section altogether. Af is expected next Wednesday, so 8 days left!

:)

I'll be in the TWW period tomorrow. Not looking forward to it!! I'm too impatient haha :)

I decided to just go with it. I put my OPK to the side so my DH and I can just enjoy ourselves this month. Trying is stressful, and stress is not good... but it's so hard not to think about TTC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->