TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dwrgi so pleased your scan went well and keeping you in my prayers x

AFM I'm doing ok. Lost 11.5lb in 4 weeks with another weigh in tonight. I'm hoping I've done enough to get another 2.5lb off and then I can celebrate losing my first stone :)

AF is due tomorrow and I've had my pre-AF migraine but no spotting which I am hoping is a sign my weight lose is helping to settle my hormones a bit better as my weight was causing me to be a little oestrogen dominant.

WOW, fantastic on the weight loss, you go girl!!!! Personally i am hoping that there is no spotting because there is a surprise bean in there!!!!

Hi there. I haven't been on this site for ages so thought I should reintroduce myself. I'm 36 and my husband is 34. He's got 2 kids from his previous marriage and I don't have any. He works abroad for 9 weeks at a time and is home for 3 weeks in between which makes the whole ttc thing a bit challenging as we don't get to try every cycle and sometimes when he's home I'm not ovulating. It's all a bit frustrating at times. He's just gone back to work but it would seem that I ovulated a couple of days ago so hopefully we're in with a chance this time. But if not, then next time he's home, we're going to head off to the doctor to get some initial tests done and go from there.

Hope everyone is doing ok and fingers crossed for all of us.

Welcome Manuiti!!! I agree with HA, you could maybe freeze some and have a lot more chances, but my fingers are crossed that you wont need them after this cycle!!

Excellent news, Dwrgi! FXed crossed and lots of :dust: headed your way!!

well, the numbers are in...

today is 13 dpiui. My hCG is 24, and my P4 is 8. Both are on the very low end of normal.

My nurse said repeatedly to just see what Wednesday brings, reminding me that it's still very early, and repeating several times that all that matters is the rate of increase, not today's numbers.... She said to keep my progesterone suppositories at the current dose, drink lots of fluids, etc.

I really hate the waiting.... :(

Thanks Butterfly. :hugs:

Slightly off-topic... I am used to seeing banner ads on here for things like cloth diapers and gender predictors and such, but just now I got a banner ad on here for an electric scooter! Just because I'm over 35 they think I'm a pensioner with limited mobility???!! As if I didn't already have enough hang-ups over my age!! Thanks a lot! :growlmad:

Next thing you know I'll be getting ads for hearing aids or nursing homes! Where's my cane?!

:rofl:

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I've been off the radar for a weekend and I've just read back and gone through an emotional rollercoaster!!!

I'm keeping everything crossed for all of you who are waiting and saying fervant prayers!!

Also sending big hugs and prayers to all of you who are having tough times xxxxx

Thanks Butterfly. :hugs:

Slightly off-topic... I am used to seeing banner ads on here for things like cloth diapers and gender predictors and such, but just now I got a banner ad on here for an electric scooter! Just because I'm over 35 they think I'm a pensioner with limited mobility???!! As if I didn't already have enough hang-ups over my age!! Thanks a lot! :growlmad:

Next think you know I'll be getting ads for hearing aids or nursing homes! Where's my cane?!

:rofl:

:jo: :rofl:

Well ladies i am pretty sure i am out, i just went to the bathroom and had some dark brown when i wipe :nope: so i guess it was just the tests being stupid, dang!!!

today is 13 dpiui. My hCG is 24, and my P4 is 8. Both are on the very low end of normal.

My nurse said repeatedly to just see what Wednesday brings, reminding me that it's still very early, and repeating several times that all that matters is the rate of increase, not today's numbers.... She said to keep my progesterone suppositories at the current dose, drink lots of fluids, etc.

Honey is the P4 your progesterone? If it is that is too low, it has to be above 10 in order to support a pg, and it should be above 15 on a medicated cycle. Your already on the supositories, it should be a lot higher than that!!!!

I am praying for your little sticky bean honey!!!!

Honey is the P4 your progesterone? If it is that is too low, it has to be above 10 in order to support a pg, and it should be above 15 on a medicated cycle. Your already on the supositories, it should be a lot higher than that!!!!

Yes, and I know. :nope: I really don't think this is going to stick. :nope:

I've also read somewhere, though, that use of the suppositories doesn't pick up well in the blood, so I'm trying to hold on till Wednesday....

Im so sorry honey, i really hate to say this but i dont think it will stick either, you had a positive test 4 days ago right, the hcg should be way higher than 24. I will keep praying, because miracles do happen. Love you honey, please dont give up, this can and will work for both of us!! :hugs:

Im so sorry honey, i really hate to say this but i dont think it will stick either, you had a positive test 4 days ago right, the hcg should be way higher than 24. I will keep praying, because miracles do happen. Love you honey, please dont give up, this can and will work for both of us!! :hugs:

No, my first positive test was just yesterday.

HA you tested early as well right? I wouldn't give up hope at all. Those numbers may rise really suddenly even overnight. All the sticky vibes and baby dust for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA you tested early as well right? I wouldn't give up hope at all. Those numbers may rise really suddenly even overnight. All the sticky vibes and baby dust for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yeah, tomorrow was supposed to be my official testing day. I only tested early because I was spotting on Saturday and assumed I was out, but I wanted the confirmation of a negative test before stopping the progesterone.

thanks.

Hi there. I haven't been on this site for ages so thought I should reintroduce myself. I'm 36 and my husband is 34. He's got 2 kids from his previous marriage and I don't have any. He works abroad for 9 weeks at a time and is home for 3 weeks in between which makes the whole ttc thing a bit challenging as we don't get to try every cycle and sometimes when he's home I'm not ovulating. It's all a bit frustrating at times. He's just gone back to work but it would seem that I ovulated a couple of days ago so hopefully we're in with a chance this time. But if not, then next time he's home, we're going to head off to the doctor to get some initial tests done and go from there.

Hope everyone is doing ok and fingers crossed for all of us.

Welcome Manuiti!!! I agree with HA, you could maybe freeze some and have a lot more chances, but my fingers are crossed that you wont need them after this cycle!!

And I third that!!! It's funny what you can get your head around when you've had time to think about it. Let's hope you get your BFP is just around the corner!

xxxxx

Hey you! You are pregnant and the numbers may be low but that doesn't mean that they won't shoot up by Wednesday-our bodies work in strange ways and you have just got to keep a PMA (my a%se). I know what you mean about the waiting though-it will just drive you to distraction so try and keep your mind occupied (Colin Firth-wet shirts, lakes, passion under a cool facade) and hopefully the time will fly past.

I'm thinking of you and sending you huge hugs!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Well ladies i am pretty sure i am out, i just went to the bathroom and had some dark brown when i wipe :nope: so i guess it was just the tests being stupid, dang!!!

It's not over till the evil w(b)itch sings so hang on in there Chris!! Dark brown could be implantation blood. Wait and see what happens! Good luck hun, and WILL that bean to stick!

Let us know what's going on!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well done Macwooly on your weight loss-that's absolutely AMAZING!! I am so proud of you, and this will so help you with your quest for a baby! Go go girl!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

The FS, Amanda, rang tonight and egg collection is Wednesday morning. Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh! Trigger is tonight at 10.45 pm and not a minute later (well, she didn't say that but I'm hamming up the drama!!!). She is delighted with the follies and the womb lining as she reckons there are 8 follicles that will be potential contenders. I just hope now that they get good eggs that will fertilize properly!

How on earth am I now going to sleep??????!!!! OMG!

Andrea, if you're there, I'm thinking of you hun. :hugs::hugs:

Lots of love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

HA sweetie it's normal to have lower numbers earlier on, honestly try to keep calm and wait untill Wednesday. I know it is easier said than done but I have asked this to a good few drs and nurses and they all said HSG can start rising rapidly. Even if not rapid, as long as it rises you are still pregnant. Are you on progestrones? BB asprin, or steroids at all? Please mention it to your dr and see what they say about it since you had 2 mc's and these meds are tried on women who had number of mcs, proved that they helped. I remember also having a full blood count along with my first HCG but not sure what parameters the dr checked to prescribe me with further blood thinners.

OMM many many hugs to you. I hope that brownish stuff doesn't mean AF.. :hugs::hugs::hugs: This whole TTc business is so damn nerve wrecking. I wish I knew what else to say. You are on my mind.

Dwrgi :hugs::hugs: Good lord you seem to be doing much better than your dr suggested before tx. I am so hopeful for you. Grow follies grow and become beautiful mature juicy eggs. I hope your DH's spermies would match your eggs and you would have at least 4-5 good blastos. Not a minute later for that trigger is correct actually. A minute wouldn't be a big deal mb but you have to be precise. By the way did they ask yesterday for DH to clear his pipes? He's supose to get all the old spermies out before the collection so you have a fresh sample. It has to be 2-3 days before so better check with your nurse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->