TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

HI Ladies
Havent had time to read all previous posts, it does move quick here doesnt it?

Just to update my situation, i was due to go in for a d&c this morning, but passed what i thought was the sac literally minutes before leaving the house, so they scanned me and i didnt have to have surgery so i'm pleased in a way.
Also they have taken blood and will do all the chromosoem testing etc..

I saw a lovely consultant, who said she would refer me to the RMC (recurrent miscarriage clinic) at st marys in london if i want, they are the best in europe apparantley and have an 80% sucess rate. Unsure yet whether to go, i need to find out if they do any more tests than i am having here, london is long way for me 6 hr drive!
In myself i'm feeling alot better, just want to fast forward time so i can ttc again, scares me shitless the thought of being pregnant again but feeling confident that it will happen for us when it is meant to.

sending positive ness to you all
:hugs:

Sunny so pleased you avoid surgery which seem to remember you saying you'd prefer not to have but so sorry you had to lose your baby at all :hugs: It's good you can get a referral to St Marys if you wish.

I hope you heal in all ways soon and get your viable BFP which will go to full term soon :hugs:

Sunny, agree with what Wooly said. Maybe if you can just get in one visit to that clinic then you can decide if it is worth pursuing as they may be able to give you some valuable extra info if they have such a good success rate :hugs::hugs::hugs:

OMM, I so hope that the compassionate care comes through for you sa you so deserve it. It would be lovely for you to have that try at IVF. You have given so much help and support to others here as well as keeping us on the whatever wagon and regaling us with your tent antics :haha::haha: so I really hope that you get your LO sometime soon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Padbrat, FX for a top quality lining there :thumbup:

Nikki :hi: welcome back, I remember your name from before, I wish you luck with the new treatment :hugs::hugs:

:hi: and :dust: to everyone else

My OPKs arrived - roll on day 11!!!

Pad - fingers & toes crossed here too!

Love and big cuddles to everyone xxxx

Welcome to Constance and SilverBirch! :hi: I'm glad you ladies found us.

Butterfly, I'm glad OH has agreed to give it one more go. I suspect he wants this baby as much as you do and he'll find a way to keep going. :hugs:

Lou, I don't think I knew you were busy finishing your degree! (I probably did and just forgot - blonde moment!) I bet you feel great getting that final exam behind you. :happydance:

Welcome back Nikki! It's great to see you again. :flower: Totally understand the need to step back from BnB - I think we've all been there at various times.

OMM, I am just speechless at the roller coaster ride you had yesterday. :hugs::hugs::hugs: I am so sorry for the miscommunication between you and the clinic. I am not giving up on the compassionate care possibility just yet, and I understand how devastated and emotionally exhausted you must feel. Big, big, big hugs. :hugs:

Pad, FX'd for a beautiful thick cushy lining!! :thumbup:

Sunny, it's good to see you again, and I'm glad things are moving along for you. From what I've read about St Mary's on the recurrent mc thread (over in the mc support area), it seems that most ladies only actually have to go there in person once or twice. It might be worth looking into, at least. Hopefully your consultant would be able to forward the results of yesterday's bloodwork to St Mary's and eliminate the need for you to have the same tests twice - it may save you a trip there. I completely understand how terrifying it is to think of being pregnant again, and I have no words of comfort to offer on the subject other than you are not alone. :hugs:

Thanks to all of you for your support. I called the clinic yesterday to get set up for a new cycle right away - I have my first scan this afternoon. But as soon as I got the call back from my nurse that she'd ordered the drugs for me, I got anxious again.... Part of me is so emotionally exhausted that the thought of taking off from ttc until after our big January vacation is really appealing to me... and part of me is scared of taking 4 months off. I wish there was some easy answer to all of this. :shrug:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: HA that is a tough decision as to whether to take a break or not, I guess you just have to go with your gut feel :hugs:

Some days we just are more sensitive, right?

I wasn't feeling that great in the morning, just thinking 'I don't want to be here' (at work eheh) ... now went to the bathroom and I'm spotting...buaaaaa

It's strange, because the af is only to arrive on the 19th...on the 13th is too early :(

Last cycle was the same, it should appear on the 20/09 and I started spotting on the 15/09, lasted 3 days, then stopped, and the full flow appeared on the 21/09... what is happening to my cycles ?

Good luck to all you gals!

Sunny so pleased you avoid surgery which seem to remember you saying you'd prefer not to have but so sorry you had to lose your baby at all :hugs: It's good you can get a referral to St Marys if you wish.

I hope you heal in all ways soon and get your viable BFP which will go to full term soon :hugs:

Sunny, agree with what Wooly said. Maybe if you can just get in one visit to that clinic then you can decide if it is worth pursuing as they may be able to give you some valuable extra info if they have such a good success rate :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sunny, it's good to see you again, and I'm glad things are moving along for you. From what I've read about St Mary's on the recurrent mc thread (over in the mc support area), it seems that most ladies only actually have to go there in person once or twice. It might be worth looking into, at least. Hopefully your consultant would be able to forward the results of yesterday's bloodwork to St Mary's and eliminate the need for you to have the same tests twice - it may save you a trip there. I completely understand how terrifying it is to think of being pregnant again, and I have no words of comfort to offer on the subject other than you are not alone. :hugs:

Thankyou thankyou ladies, think i will definately consider going to st marys, just maybe to get the tests i cant get done here. will have a word when the consultant phones.

I've been reading that during all these tests for recurrent miscarriage you shouldnt be ttc, at the moment i feel like i want to ttc again asap, but i guess that is a natural reaction...

HA, like Butterfly said, go with your gut. You must be leaning more one way than the other. Only you can make this decision and need to feel good about it.

AFM, my insensitive, former BF emailed me yesterday and I didn't even open it and forwarded to DH. The fact that I have anxiety when I see an email from her isn't good. DH told me he responded to her and told her I need space, I'm going through a tough time right now and we've invested too much time and money into having a baby and doctor's orders are for me to be stress free during my IVF cycle. I didn't ask anymore detail because frankly, I dont' care. All he said was that she was only thinking of herself and he doesn't think she is all that smart of a person in general. I'm not sure what else he found out but he was all fired up about how she didn't let her DH know she was trying for a baby right now and how wrong that is. DH's ex did the same thing to him when he was 22. He told her he wasn't ready for a child and she still got off the pill anyway and got pg. I just feel a lot better that I don't have to worry about hearing from her and having another panic attack. DH and I talked about it and it was a panic attack I ended up having the other night after she told me she was pg. I never had one before so I didn't know what was going on. Some friend. I'm not going to worry about it now. I'm going to worry about me.

Skye, that was very nice of you. A gentleman was looking for his wife at the library yesterday. They were supposed to meet there but she hadn’t shown up and she had been having memory problems. He was frantic as I would have been. Bless you!

Padbrat, keeping my fingers crossed for a nice thick endometrium.

HA, enjoy Florida. Ttcing doesn’t get to monopolize all the days of the month…just 75% of them. ;)

My opks arrived yesterday, too so I'm all set to test. Today is cd6 so I'll start testing in 2-3dys. I called my RE yesterday thinking I needed to get more labs since mine are at least 3 yrs old but they said I was fine. I guess the protocol doesn't change/ivf meds will be the same as the script I have. In'neresting. I have an appt for Nov and were planning to do ivf Dec-Jan.

Thanks for your warm welcome, ladies!

constance - you are so right, this thread really does move fast!

sunny - Im glad for you that you didn't have to go with the D&C, I know that we are still TTC whilst waiting for blood test results, I discussed it with my haematology consultant who understood that with my "advanced years" (bless him) I didn't feel like I had time to waste, I suspect your blood tests would be similar to the ones I had, he just said that if I managed to get pregnant before my next appt , to call him and he would set up an early appt and try and rush the bloods, so that could be what you do whilst waiting xx

Pad - how strange this is, but I am also hoping your endometrium is thick and and juicy! - not something you get to wish someone often! lol

missy - big :hugs: - good on your DH for dealing with your insensitive friend!

HA - yes, I have (now hopefully) finished the degree, I started it for "fun" I don't know what I was thinking lol. how long till your trip?? I think that the decision on whether to go ahead or not will be the right one whichever you choose, because it's the right thing for you!

OMM - how are you doing today sweetie, yesterday was like a giant gut punch, I am so sorry. I am still holding onto the Comp, Care programme. would it help if we lobbied them?? and all wrote emails about how wonderful andcompassionate you yourself are??

twinkle - ohh!! OPKs - it's like science in the bathroom :D

wooly - have the dvd's arrived, how's the burlesque going?

big :hugs: to you all - never, northstar, bear, forever, lava, skye, butterfly, FM (and anyone Ive missed - so sorry!)

afm - have enjoyed a normal (ish) day at work today, and I am so ready for the weekend. I think O day is today, DH knows and I have told him to save some energy today :D

Purple - the dvds are still on route from the US :( Or maybe customs have seized them are having fun watching them :) Hopefully here soon - FXed

Missy - glad your DH sorted out the email for you - your BF really does sound like a bull in a china shop!!!
Constance glad the road ahead seems clear for IVF!

I got my OPKs in the post this afternoon - I've asked this in my journal but I'll check with the clever people here too - AF started on Sunday but I only got red blood yesterday - which day do I count as CD1 - just checking????

just wanted to say Missy that it was a great idea to get your Dh to deal with the email - and it sounds like he did it well. So yes, now try and forget about her and look after yourself :hugs::hugs:

Twinkle I always count the day I get red blood flow as CD1.

But not 100% sure if that the correct way of recording it through.

I got my OPKs in the post this afternoon - I've asked this in my journal but I'll check with the clever people here too - AF started on Sunday but I only got red blood yesterday - which day do I count as CD1 - just checking????

My RE said the first day of full flow counts as cd1, so the first day you need a pad/tampon instead of just a panty liner. Smearing when you wipe and spotting don't count. Some Drs will tell you that if full flow starts after noon, then count the following day as day 1... I still count it as day 1 unless full flow starts after dinner.

I leave for FL three weeks from today. DH leaves several days earlier to get the work portion of the trip done - I'm joining him for a long weekend there. We're going to Universal Studios because we're big Harry Potter nerds and we want to go to HP World there! :blush: :haha:

The problem with making a decision about whether or not to do an IUI this month is that I change my mind about it several times a day....

Missy, well done on just forwarding that email without reading it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->