TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Sunny, agree with what Wooly said. Maybe if you can just get in one visit to that clinic then you can decide if it is worth pursuing as they may be able to give you some valuable extra info if they have such a good success rate :hugs::hugs::hugs:

OMM, I so hope that the compassionate care comes through for you sa you so deserve it. It would be lovely for you to have that try at IVF. You have given so much help and support to others here as well as keeping us on the whatever wagon and regaling us with your tent antics :haha::haha: so I really hope that you get your LO sometime soon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Padbrat, FX for a top quality lining there :thumbup:

Nikki :hi: welcome back, I remember your name from before, I wish you luck with the new treatment :hugs::hugs:

:hi: and :dust: to everyone else
Awwww thanks honey your so sweet, and dont worry i will pop on every once in a while to make sure you are all on the whatevers wagon, i am now the permenant driver of it, and LOL, yeah my tent antics, i so want to go camping again lol.

I leave for FL three weeks from today. DH leaves several days earlier to get the work portion of the trip done - I'm joining him for a long weekend there. We're going to Universal Studios because we're big Harry Potter nerds and we want to go to HP World there! :blush: :haha:

The problem with making a decision about whether or not to do an IUI this month is that I change my mind about it several times a day....

Missy, well done on just forwarding that email without reading it. :hugs:

Oh how fun, i was at the Universal Studio's last October, and it was so much fun, just love those parks, if you get the chance to go to the old park you have so got to go see the Shreck 4D omg tooo freaking funny!!!!! Awww man i so want to go back there again, when we went they were closing the parks early at 6 for Halloween Horror nights so we did not get to see everything in the new park, its a lot of walking but you will enjoy both parks so much!!

As for waiting, or doing another cycle right away, honey why dont you take a month off, just one cycle, and then see how you feel, i really believe if you rush it and are not ready, it wont work, and then you will be even more upset, right now you have to deal with your fear of getting pg and losing another one, and your heart will tell you when its ready to handle that, for me most of the time its was one or two cycles, when we lost itty bean at 9 weeks, that one took me 6 months before i could even think about doing another treatment. I believe that when your wanting to do it again, is the right time, not when you think you should be hurrying up. A couple of months are not going to make a difference, and it gives your body and your mind a chance to heal. Big hugs to you honey!!:hugs:

Hey ya lovies!

Purps.. are you doing a degree? How clever and brave of you... I am afraid I joined the herd ay 18 and did mine... scraped through as was partying way too much!

OMM I am with Twinks... who is very clever too... or will need to be with those OPKs cos I can never use em... we could all email CC program and bully them into giving you the funding... Twinks.. roll them sleeves up!!

Hey Butterfly... got all crossed for you and this cycle... I am with HA I think that you will find BF will just carry on doing more cycles.. he just had a wobble..

HA have a fabulous time in FL. Sounds like there will be a few jealous ladies here when you tell us about HP land... would it help if I told you parts were filmed near where I live? LOL

Skye and Lava... hugs to you and your bumps!

Welcome new ladies!

AFM well I had my scan in a lovely private clinic on Wimpole St... oooo private does get you luxeries like seeing your womb in 4d! Most disterbing I can tell you!

So I asked the sonographer before hand what she would expect to see for someone on day 13 using the meds I am on. She said we need to see an endometruim of min 5mm to 10mm and ovaries doing nothing much.... when she measured I had a lovely juicy endometrium thickness of 7.8mm and my right ovary had 2 follies - 1 at 9mm and 1 at 5mm which she said wouldn't amount to anything and were not a problem.... doesn't that sound wierd to all you lovely IVF ladies.... not wanting any follies! So all in all I am happy so far. Sonographer said all was well.... have forwarded the report to my Doc and see what he says!

Pad- So awesome that your sono was good, sounds like you are well on the way!

Omm- SEnding major ((((hugs)))) your way!!!

Macwooly- how are you hun?

Sunny74- no surgery that is great even though I know that doens't make you feel tons better.

Twinks- yay for the opk's FX

Sushipat- Sorry that AF reared her ugly face

Missyt- great move sending the email to dh for him to respond. It doesn't sound like your friend gets it at all. She knows what you are going through and still sending you email? Really?????

Constancev- welcome if I haven't said that already! Good luck with iVF

HA- I am soooo sorry you got a bfn and I can totally understand the going back and forth, it's like you want a break, and you need a break but if you take a break you still aren't satisfied becuase you feel like you should be doing something. It would be so much easier if someone should just tell you what to do. Ugggh decisions decisions, you should do whatever allows you to enjoy your trip to the fullest.

afm- I'm not sure where I am in my cycle probably somewhere around cd12-13 so I should O this weekend. I'm not opking or anything, just bd'ing whenever the urge hits us but still trying. We aren't giving up!!!!

Yay FM... don't give up!! Keep the faith chick.... as I said to HA when you find it hard to we will keep the faith for you x

Sunny - nothing will make any of this better for you and you will have good days and bad... allow youself to grieve don't try and jump straight back into normal life. The sorrow will just rear its head when you least expect it if you do... xx

Missy am feeling that we need to get Twinks over to you to roll her sleeves up at the supposed friend of yours.... alternatively you could do as you are and ignore her!

Padbrat so pleased on your scan results :) Not sure I'd want to see my uterus in 4D though :)

FM :hi: Glad your still trying all be it a more relaxed approach.

I'm doing a similar thing considering we can't get referred to an FS till I lose some more weight. I'm sort of enjoying not charting or POAS although it does mean I can only guess when AF is due but thankfully my cycle only varies by 2 days :) We'll know this weekend if AF is visiting or leaving me be for 9 months :)

Mac I am gunning for AF to leave you alone for 9 months!! FX FXFXFFFXFXFXFXFXFFXFXFFXFXFXFXFFXFXFFXFX!!!!

Twinkle, DH made the same exact bull in the china shop remark!

HA, jeaouls about HP world. I'd love to go too! DH got me into HP!

Padbrat, Yay!!!! Sounds like good news. Keep staying positive.

FM, DH has really gone in protective mode with me lately. I'm very grateful that he recognizes how delicate I am right now. Oh, and on with the bding for you!

sunny - Im glad for you that you didn't have to go with the D&C, I know that we are still TTC whilst waiting for blood test results, I discussed it with my haematology consultant who understood that with my "advanced years" (bless him) I didn't feel like I had time to waste, I suspect your blood tests would be similar to the ones I had, he just said that if I managed to get pregnant before my next appt , to call him and he would set up an early appt and try and rush the bloods, so that could be what you do whilst waiting xx

I think for recurrent miscarriage they want you to wait in case they find anything, so they have time to do something about it i guess, i dunno, OH is happy to wait a few months, i'm not so patient...

Tonight could be the night for you, good luck :happydance:

Sunny74- no surgery that is great even though I know that doens't make you feel tons better.

It will last longer now i havent had the op, they said i will probably bleed for a couple of weeks and its going to be heavy, but i'm still glad my body did one thing its supposed to, i'm now not quite so angry with my body.

Good luck this weekend, i hope its your lucky one

Sunny - nothing will make any of this better for you and you will have good days and bad... allow youself to grieve don't try and jump straight back into normal life. The sorrow will just rear its head when you least expect it if you do... xx
Thanks for that, i will try to take time, although i'm finding the things i have learnt through my yoga practice are really helping me deal with this.

Everything is temporary, life keeps moving no matter what. And dwelling on how we wish things were different only inhibits us from enjoying the present moment.

I'm just trying to concentrate on that at the moment and taking each day as it comes.

Love to you all ladies xx

Just popping in to check on you ladies. My brothers fiance is pg and I got to hear the heartbeat this morning, it actually didn't make me sad or wish it was me. I'm happy for them and oh so excited to meet my nephew in a few months.

FM-So glad that you were okay with your brother's fiancee's bb-these things are always a test. Hope you're okay hun? Lots of love, xx

Missy, it sounds like your DH did you proud. I can't believe the nerve of your friend, she really doesn't get it, does she? Out with the old, in with the new, I say!

Sunny, big :hugs: to you hun, xx

Pad, what a strange experience to see the follies. But I love your attitude-onwards and upwards hun! Not long now! And it IS going to work!! :hugs:

Macwooly, big :hugs: to you! How are you doing hun? x

OMM-hope you find time to book a tent break soon!!! Yours sound like fun! How are you? Hope you're okay?? xx

Hi to everybody and big hugs to all!!

Girls-you may or may not have noticed that Wales' rugby team are in the World Cup semi-finals tomorrow morning. Sooooooo exciting!! It's like the night before Xmas! Just hope they thrash the Frogs in New Zealand!!

AFM, hmmm, not a good day, but I'm surprisingly sanguine about it all. I got in touch with my NHS FS a couple of days ago and left a message with her dept that I wanted to take her up on her offer of having the two IUIs I was entitled to if the IVF failed. Well, the fertility nurse got back to me today and she said that it was a big 'NO' from the FS, because of my OH's previous sperm results. I remonstrated and said that he'd had one bad result in five tests and that was due to an infection, that the rest had been borderline or good, and nada. So, I am going to write to appeal, and I shall also write to my MP and AM, if needs be. But strangely, my heart is not in it. I think I'm getting to the point of being done (although I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle on my belly to encourage blood into my uterus.... head and heart syndrome...). Just another knock back in this horrible experience. :shrug:

Anyway, don't let me get you down.... back to the rugby!!! Come on Wales!!

Love to you all,
Axxx
:hugs:

Hi everyone, not much going on here

Just wanted to wish Padbrat all the best of luck with the procedure, really excited for you.

HA sorry about the BFN :hugs: it's great that you have your holiday though, not surprised you are conflicted about whether to take a cycle off, it's a lot of factors to weigh up.

OMM sorry about all your hassles with the meds, I still hope you find an answer :hugs:

Dwrgi :hugs: bloody NHS, IDK, :shrug: we pay our taxes all these years if you were an addict you'd get everything you needed but fertility issues there is so little support and it sucks

FM so amazed at your strength, I would find it hard to be in that situation right now.

Missyt I was so annoyed that your so called friend emailed you again, I'm glad that your OH is being protective and you are taking care of your own emotional wellbeing first and foremost.

AFM I'm sad for a friend who had an MC this week, and having legal hassles with my ex, work is very busy though so not much time to brood which is good.

Big hello to twinkle and purplelou and Butterfly, lavalux and skye, sorry if I've missed other people :flower: I am away with work again next week and won't be around.

AFM, hmmm, not a good day, but I'm surprisingly sanguine about it all. I got in touch with my NHS FS a couple of days ago and left a message with her dept that I wanted to take her up on her offer of having the two IUIs I was entitled to if the IVF failed. Well, the fertility nurse got back to me today and she said that it was a big 'NO' from the FS, because of my OH's previous sperm results. I remonstrated and said that he'd had one bad result in five tests and that was due to an infection, that the rest had been borderline or good, and nada. So, I am going to write to appeal, and I shall also write to my MP and AM, if needs be. But strangely, my heart is not in it. I think I'm getting to the point of being done (although I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle on my belly to encourage blood into my uterus.... head and heart syndrome...). Just another knock back in this horrible experience. :shrug:

Anyway, don't let me get you down.... back to the rugby!!! Come on Wales!!

Love to you all,
Axxx
:hugs:

She said WHAT?!?! :grr: :grr: :grr: Definitely appeal. And send copies of all his SAs with your appeal so that they have proof of his 4 good ones when they decide to change their minds. Because they will. If they don't, our a$$-kickin' group here will roll up our sleeves and make them an offer they can't refuse.

FM, that is really exciting you got to hear the hb, and it feels good to feel good about hearing it, you know? :kiss:

I have just joined the forum, have been ttc a year and nothing! i am 35 and so is hubby!
i got the ball rolling and went for the day 21 approx blood tests and i also got a pelvic ultrasound...im happy now as at least i am getting on with it and not wasting anymore time!

so how is everyone doing???
sending loads of baby dust to all

apologies to somone that posted to me...i will reply when i figure out how to reply to just one!
sorry not tech at all:winkwink:

Just popping in to check on you ladies. My brothers fiance is pg and I got to hear the heartbeat this morning, it actually didn't make me sad or wish it was me. I'm happy for them and oh so excited to meet my nephew in a few months.

Isn't it funny how there's just no telling how you might react? My brother's fiance is due in Dec and I'm happy for them. No ambivalence at all. And she's 46, I believe so I feel encouraged. On the other hand, when one of my friends became pregnant I felt like crying. Go figure. ;)

Dwrgi, yes,, do what HA says, couldn't have put it better! It is outrageous of them to now turn around and say no :grr:

I will also be up watching Wales in the rugby, just for you lol :hugs: - lucky for me it is not quite so early although if I don't get some sleep soon I might just sleep through it anyway :( think I might not be able to sleep because I know that AF is due to arrive literally any minute and I am bracing myself for the cramps and possible puking!

Having trouble sleeping tonight & DH is out blowing off some steam with the guys. Thought I'd check in on my BnB girls. Just want you to know that I prayed for every one of us - for strength & courage to walk this path & asked God to grant us our heart's desire for a healthy baby/babies. Hugs. ;)

Today is CD8 & I'm trying to decide if we should bd every day or every other day. We did CD7 and I haven't had a positive opk yet. I think I'll go with every other day until a positive and then every day, if we can manage it. Blech, I have a lot to do at work so I'm going to try to not let the stress get inside me while still being productive. ;)

Talked to my old doc who performed my lap. hystoroctomy (sp?) and he said my endo was stage 2 but that it should not have returned yet. ok. I'm going to hold onto that.

Good luck, ladies!

FM & Constance, its good to be excited for family when there is a pg. I felt the same way when my brother and SIL adopted my neice. They got her as a newborn and were matched up with birth mother early on. When it was close to her due date I was texting my SIL constantly. I couldn't wait to see pics and I absolutely adore my little neice.

dwrgi, that sounds like a load of crap with your FS. I second what HA says and don't give up. And yes, keep the blood moving in your uterus. You got to keep it baby ready because I know it'll work for you.

Mammywanna, welcome!

AFM, taking it easy this weekend. I just did some yoga and I'm going to dinner with a friend tonight. She's been really supportive with everything I've been going through. I know this is the time I need to stay around supportive people. I have scan on Monday and I should be starting injections on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->