TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Pad, it really struck a chord when you said that not even our parents know as much about us as all of us girls know about each other. It is sooooo sad, isn't it, that infertility is such a 'delicate' topic.

When I told my parents back in January that I was injecting myself for IUI my father went off on a long story about how he used to inject calves and cattle years ago (moo moos, not bottom legs).... hoh hoh, what a hoot that was for him. When I told him last year that I was taking Clomid, he said what a high sex drive he and my mother had. OMG OMG OMG-TMI alert with bells on. I almost drove into the hedge.

So, since these two incidents, I give them the mushroom treatment-keep them in the dark and feed them on sh&t. It's the only way but so sad too, as I'd love them to know and love them to understand how cut up I have been about all of this. They just don't get it.

Hope you're feeling okay hun. Not long to go now!!! Sooooooo exciting!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pad, it really struck a chord when you said that not even our parents know as much about us as all of us girls know about each other. It is sooooo sad, isn't it, that infertility is such a 'delicate' topic.

When I told my parents back in January that I was injecting myself for IUI my father went off on a long story about how he used to inject calves and cattle years ago (moo moos, not bottom legs).... hoh hoh, what a hoot that was for him. When I told him last year that I was taking Clomid, he said what a high sex drive he and my mother had. OMG OMG OMG-TMI alert with bells on. I almost drove into the hedge.

So, since these two incidents, I give them the mushroom treatment-keep them in the dark and feed them on sh&t. It's the only way but so sad too, as I'd love them to know and love them to understand how cut up I have been about all of this. They just don't get it.

Hope you're feeling okay hun. Not long to go now!!! Sooooooo exciting!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

OMG, Dwrgi, you are so funny! The moo-moos and mushrooms made me laugh my ass off! :D
What a kind Dad you have, though. I'm sure they are trying to be helpful, just way out of their depth - I'm pretty new here, and I know I struggle with the terminology still. I'm sure my Dad would be just like that if put on the spot, though with a different unsuitable anecdote, no doubt. Luckily for him he is doing a 'as far as you know, I know nothing, I'm gonna say nothing' technique. I'm sure I'd have to tell them more if I/when I get to the injecting myself stage. I'd want the sympathy!
:flower:

Ladies i want to send you all super big hugs :hugs::hugs:for all the insensitive idiots out there that you have to deal with, geeze people can be dumb!!! And while i would love to say "I wish they had to deal with this" i truly dont, nobody should have to deal with the crap we put up with. I am very blessed to not only have you ladies for support, but my family as well, they all cheer me on, and comfort me when it does not work.

And speaking of it working, your not going to believe this, i called and left a message with the nurse yesterday saying we just could not afford to do the ivf and if the Compassionate Care thing did not work out we would just quit, well she called me back today and said she talked to the doctor, and they can put me on Bravelle, i would do 3 shots a day for 6 to 8 days, and then i would just need Ovidrille (Sorry for the spelling on these meds, i have no idea how they are spelled lol) the whole cost would only be about $1450 for meds!!!! So they are doing a cycle just based on my cycle, like a natural IVF, they are even giving me 5 vials of the Bravelle, and if they get more they will give them to me, and she said they get Crinone progesterone all the time and can help me with that too, omg i was in tears :cry: i mean most places would have been like oh well too bad for you. So now we are back on for the IVF $1450 i can take a chance on, but not $5000.

So now my question is why am i trying to stall this until next cycle? AF should be here Saturday, and DH has agreed to do it, so why am i so scared and trying to push it off? I know part of the reason is like HA, i am so afraid of losing another one, but i have fought so hard for this and now that its here, i keep thinking oh lets do it with the next cycle. What is wrong with me?

Hello Ladies, I'd like to join.

I'm 42 (soon to be 43) and DH is 48. We've been trying off and on for 22 mos, but really got serious with opks and timing things right for the last 10-11 cycles. The last 2 cycles we started bd'ing 2 dys before O instead of waiting for a positive opk as I was afraid we might be relying on the opk too much.

I have endo, which I think is interfering with implantation. I'm disciplining myself to control the endo through diet (I crashed and burned today, but I'm starting out anew tomorrow!). We're also going to try ivf in Jan...I'm hoping the endo diet will help with egg quality and a more receptive womb. Today is cd4.

We can do this!

:hi: and welcome constance, this is a great thread with lovely ladies :flower:

Ladies, I have been lurking a little bit but always reading all of your posts and being with you all the way (virtually!). Yesterday I thought it was all over for me, I have a BFN for this cycle and the :witch: will arrive in 2 days. Anyway, it now turns out that the ex will give it another month so I am still in for the time being.

Am so excited for all you ladies on your IVF journeys - Pad, not long until you got to Cyprus :happydance:, HA I hope this turns into a BFP for you but it looks like you have everything set in place to treat yourself with your holiday if that does not happen :hugs::hugs:, Missy, really hoping this one works out for you too, have everything crossed :thumbup:

OMM, I think that I would be the same - although you know you want to go for the IVF it is very scary to think that it may not work out and you want to keep your hope going for as long as possible and once this cycle is done then what? But of course this cycle has to work and it seems almost like it is destined to work with the situation with the drugs - how great of the clinic to do that for you :happydance: :hugs::hugs:

Carole, I can't believe how insensitive your MIL is :growlmad::growlmad:

:hi: to everyone else, I have putting all the names because I know I will forget someone and it is only becauase I have a bad memory :dohh: So I will try... dwrgi, twinkle, bearlake, 4ever, never, wooly, purple, lava, skye, Fm, NMG, SilverBirch....

Ladies i want to send you all super big hugs :hugs::hugs:for all the insensitive idiots out there that you have to deal with, geeze people can be dumb!!! And while i would love to say "I wish they had to deal with this" i truly dont, nobody should have to deal with the crap we put up with. I am very blessed to not only have you ladies for support, but my family as well, they all cheer me on, and comfort me when it does not work.

And speaking of it working, your not going to believe this, i called and left a message with the nurse yesterday saying we just could not afford to do the ivf and if the Compassionate Care thing did not work out we would just quit, well she called me back today and said she talked to the doctor, and they can put me on Bravelle, i would do 3 shots a day for 6 to 8 days, and then i would just need Ovidrille (Sorry for the spelling on these meds, i have no idea how they are spelled lol) the whole cost would only be about $1450 for meds!!!! So they are doing a cycle just based on my cycle, like a natural IVF, they are even giving me 5 vials of the Bravelle, and if they get more they will give them to me, and she said they get Crinone progesterone all the time and can help me with that too, omg i was in tears :cry: i mean most places would have been like oh well too bad for you. So now we are back on for the IVF $1450 i can take a chance on, but not $5000.

So now my question is why am i trying to stall this until next cycle? AF should be here Saturday, and DH has agreed to do it, so why am i so scared and trying to push it off? I know part of the reason is like HA, i am so afraid of losing another one, but i have fought so hard for this and now that its here, i keep thinking oh lets do it with the next cycle. What is wrong with me?

Hia Chris, and OMG, that is just wonderful news with regard to the meds. So, will you be doing a 'natural' IVF? I am sooo pleased for you, this is a SIGN, lady!!!

Can I be really direct??? (If you say 'no', tough!). I think you are afraid of trying IVF because we all believe that it is our very last chance of having a baby (this is why I went into shock when I was told to go for IVF; I thought that even the doctors had given up on me conceiving naturally)... We put so much store into having a baby though IVF that if it fails, we think that is it! But, of course, this isn't necessarily true. I think you're afraid of your treatment failing and then being faced with the prospect that the 'dream is over.' However, this isn't necessarily so. From my own experience, you must be 100% committed to the treatment and then deal with the outcome when it arrives, be it good or bad. Go for it, hun, and be brave! You've come this far, you're being given a hand to support you, and take it! If you're having natural IVF, it has proven success with those who have a low amh-the onus (anus ha ha ha, sorry, so childish!) is on producing a good quality egg rather than on getting as many eggs as possible, regardless of quality, to ovulate. So, the likelihood of fertilization is more likely.

I think you need to confront your fears and be prepared to work through them. Even if it fails, it's not necessarily the end of the game, so stay positive and go for it!

We're here for you hun, and will be rooting for you! :thumbup::thumbup:

Big hugs,
Axxxxx :hugs:

Welcome Constance and Silver Birch! I hope you get a lot of support from this forum. I think it's a life saver!

:hugs:

Hello Constance and Silver Birch :hi: I'm sure you'll find the wonderful ladies on here a real support because I know I have even though I don't post regularly.

OMM I am so pleased for you and cried when I read you post (tears of joy). What a lovely clinic you are involved with and I pray that this course of treatment gets you your viable BFP and your forever baby :dust:

HA I want to say sorry it looks like AF is getting you but you seem ok with the situation and I love you plan for the next few months but sending some :hugs: in case you need them.

Pad hoping all will go perfectly for you when you head for your treatment in 8 days :dust:

Sorry to anyone not mentioned personally but sending lots of :hugs::dust: and love to all the ladies on here x

AFM: firmly on the whatever wagon :) AF is due on Saturday but to be honest due to my body's behaviour I've been expecting her since last Friday but no show yet. But I am refusing to symptom spot but quietly hoping that she stays away from me for the next 9 months but the weekend will tell :)

PHP:
Hey girls :))) :))))
Very quick skimm through and a morning update so not much personals sorry.

Ha I hope that is not the witch yet but maybe implantation. :hugs: You can't tell untill it is a full blown AF. A friend's sister kept having AFs for 4 months after BFP. She only found at when she was 5 months gone. Weird but real. Good luck and lot's of sticky baby dust.
BTW your nightmare comes out as the opposite and the BNB site is completely renewed looking fresh and lovely :)) Isn't that great ? Well done BNB moderators.

Chris can't beleive they are going to give you some of the drugs. That is a blessing. I agree with Dwrgi you sound scared more than excited but as Dwrgi said "Go for it hon. Wear your best hopes and just take each day as it comes. :happydance:

Amanda you gave me a good :rofl: I love the mushroom tx. Sometimes people totally need it don't they Hahahhahahahah!!! I'm good thank you. I have a driving class today so need to rush for that but I do take care of myself :flower: I promise.

Missy, sweetie for all the insensitive pillocks around you what you do is the best. Cut them out for the time being and reevaluate when you have the strength cause now all your strength needs to be concentrated on the tx. Evereything else is minor. I am rooting for you hon :) You are on a long protocol if you started the Buserelin before having your AF followed by the stim cycle. It is a short protocol if Buserelin was after AF 4-5 days before stim meds. Which one was it hon? And how was your AMH results do you remember? Here is a few things you must do during stimms
1) You should be taking folic acid everyday. Perhaps get a daily alarm set not to forget cause it is v impt. Conception tablets are good cause it has all vits u need to prepare your body + right amnt of Folic Acid

2) You must consume 1 litre of milk every day for your protein boost. Also v v very impt. Cause this is what helps your eggs grow big and juicy. If you have milk intollarence calculate the protein amount in 1 lt milk form internet and consume other sources of protein same amount. Meat, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, yogurt, protein shakes... etc. It gets very tiring towards the 2nd week of stims but it really is worth it. This was sthg my drs sugested and insisted. Some clinics do it and it really makes a difference.

3) At least 1,5 better 2 lt of water a day. Just take a jug or a bottle with you so you can calculate how much. And keep sipping. This flushes down all excess meds everyday out of your system. Helps keep OHSS away or under control. You actually also phyisically feel the difference when you don't drink enough which gives you headaches and general feeling not well. So must must.

4) Lot's of green and colored veggies. Greener the better. Carrots, beetroot, cabbage whatever you can get hold of + Legumes: lentils peas beans etc. The more healthy you eat the less sugar and carbohydrates you crave. Try to switch to brown bread and brown rice etc. Not strict but just be aware of what you put in your mouth is as healthy as possible.

5) Limit cafein. Chocolates and teas count. So decaf coffee is a good idea. Daily 1 cup of coffee or 2 cups of tea or some chocolates and 1 tea etc.... No alcohol which everybody knows.

4) Keep as happy and positive as you can. Comedy, sitcom whatever helps you.
Good luck sweetie.

Butterfly I'm so glad it wasn't the worst expected. :hugs: Would you consider a tx in this last shot? Good luck hon. I think you will make it work out in the end. xxxx

Debs good luck sweets xxx.

Carole what a hoohaaa. Is there a family police helpline we can call? I sometimes need it not to end up being a murderer myself. Never mind hon. You have your bubba soon and none of this will matter.

Lois how you doing? xxxx Macwooly, Twinkie, FM and Northstar :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

New girls welcome.

Girls I need to go to my driving lesson now. I had some other stuff to tell you all. We found this old lady completely confused and couldn't remember where she lived yesterday on the way to the park. Than we had a goose chase of 3-4 hours to get her back to her care home. Police, A&E and finally they managed to locate her. Feel like a scout today :) Hahahahahahahahaha. She was such a sweetheart. Hope we wouldn't find ourselves in that state one day.
Anyway that's all for now. xxxxxx

Just a quick one! Hope you have a good driving lesson Skye :) No - i can't afford a tx so will just be natural again - the BF has started wearing loose pants and taking vits so maybe we will get a miraculous surge in the :spermy: dept lol!

p.s. my aunt is like that lady - it is sad because it has happened so quickly over this year - she was perfectly Ok at the beginning of the year but now she goes out wandering at all hours - but thanks to people like you who bring her home again :hugs::hugs:

Welcome Constance :flower:

Butterfly - yay on still being in!! :happydance:

Skye bless you being a Good Samaritan :thumbup:

Wooly say no to AF!! :af:

OMM - woohoo that's great news :happydance:

Love and hugs to everyone else :hugs:

AF has is pecking my head this month - started with pains on Sunday but only had brown blood until today when I've finally got red flow - complete with a second lot of pains - so I've got the hot water bottle out again - it's just RUDE! :growlmad:

Twinkle :hugs: How rude of AF to give you cramps on 2 occasions during one visit :hugs:

Hello guys!! How are you all today??!

HA-I hope that you are okay? I seem to remember that you said yourtesting day was tomorrow, so hang on in there, and, as Skye said, it could very well be implanatation spotting! Whatever happens, we are here for you. I absolutely love your attitude, as it's a survivalist attitude, and this whole process can so easily lead us to sink. If it's a BFN (boo hiss), then you can enjoy your holiday, and it's great that you and your OH has agreed to slot another cycle of treatment in. If it's a BFP, then yaaaaaaay!! I'm thinking of you and keeping all fingers crossed that you will have good news for us today or tomorrow!! :flower:

Skye-you angel, you! What a sweetheart, trying to help this old lady. Your rewards in heaven will be great! I am interested to note that you CLAIM to be be relaxing, but seem to be doing nothing of the sort, young lady!! Anyway, hope you and your DH and Shirin are all doing well! Good luck with the driving lessons. You must have nerves of steel to learn to drive in London! :thumbup:

Butterfly-so glad that you have another month's reprieve! Way to go girl, let's get all our fingers and toes crossed for a Nov BFP!! :thumbup:

A big howdy to everybody!

Lots of love,
Axxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Good morning ladies - can't chat long because I have to be somewhere this morning, but I am definitely 100% not pregnant - AF started in earnest overnight, and I got another BFN this morning. (I debated not testing because I knew I'd just be wasting a test since I knew what the result would be, but I'm always scared to stop the progesterone without an "official" BFN.) When I told DH, he immediately logged on and bought our plane tickets to Florida. :cool:

I'll be back later today to catch up for real. :flower:

Welcome Constance and Silver!

OMM, I'm so happy your clinic found a solution to your meds delimna. I'm going to be on Bravelle too. See, things are working out. I know how you feel though about being hesitant about IVF. I was the same way. That is why I took 3 months off before I made the decision. But once I made the decision, I felt so much better. It was almost like a relief. Then when the doctor and nurse explained it all to me I had a better sense of what I'd be going through.

Skye, thank you so much for all your advice! I need all I can get from someone who had a successful IVF cycle resulting in a BFP! I didn't get my results back from my AMH test yet. I spoke to the nurse on Friday and she said they should have them this week. I am anxious and I hope they are good numbers. I started BCP on the 2nd day of AF. Is that long protocol? I'm still a little confused about some things.

Hello Ladies, I'd like to join.

I'm 42 (soon to be 43) and DH is 48. We've been trying off and on for 22 mos, but really got serious with opks and timing things right for the last 10-11 cycles. The last 2 cycles we started bd'ing 2 dys before O instead of waiting for a positive opk as I was afraid we might be relying on the opk too much.

I have endo, which I think is interfering with implantation. I'm disciplining myself to control the endo through diet (I crashed and burned today, but I'm starting out anew tomorrow!). We're also going to try ivf in Jan...I'm hoping the endo diet will help with egg quality and a more receptive womb. Today is cd4.

We can do this!

Welcome Constance, and Silver Birch, this is a great thread, the ladies on here are the best!! I sure hope you get your bfp real soon!!

:hi: and welcome constance, this is a great thread with lovely ladies :flower:

Ladies, I have been lurking a little bit but always reading all of your posts and being with you all the way (virtually!). Yesterday I thought it was all over for me, I have a BFN for this cycle and the :witch: will arrive in 2 days. Anyway, it now turns out that the ex will give it another month so I am still in for the time being.

Am so excited for all you ladies on your IVF journeys - Pad, not long until you got to Cyprus :happydance:, HA I hope this turns into a BFP for you but it looks like you have everything set in place to treat yourself with your holiday if that does not happen :hugs::hugs:, Missy, really hoping this one works out for you too, have everything crossed :thumbup:

OMM, I think that I would be the same - although you know you want to go for the IVF it is very scary to think that it may not work out and you want to keep your hope going for as long as possible and once this cycle is done then what? But of course this cycle has to work and it seems almost like it is destined to work with the situation with the drugs - how great of the clinic to do that for you :happydance: :hugs::hugs:

Carole, I can't believe how insensitive your MIL is :growlmad::growlmad:

:hi: to everyone else, I have putting all the names because I know I will forget someone and it is only becauase I have a bad memory :dohh: So I will try... dwrgi, twinkle, bearlake, 4ever, never, wooly, purple, lava, skye, Fm, NMG, SilverBirch....[/QUOTE
Honey i am so glad to hear that you will have another month!!! Are you going to go for IVF? Fingers are crossed for you that this is the month!!

And thanks honey, your right its scary even though the money is lower, and i agree, its like its meant to be.

Hia Chris, and OMG, that is just wonderful news with regard to the meds. So, will you be doing a 'natural' IVF? I am sooo pleased for you, this is a SIGN, lady!!!

Can I be really direct??? (If you say 'no', tough!). I think you are afraid of trying IVF because we all believe that it is our very last chance of having a baby (this is why I went into shock when I was told to go for IVF; I thought that even the doctors had given up on me conceiving naturally)... We put so much store into having a baby though IVF that if it fails, we think that is it! But, of course, this isn't necessarily true. I think you're afraid of your treatment failing and then being faced with the prospect that the 'dream is over.' However, this isn't necessarily so. From my own experience, you must be 100% committed to the treatment and then deal with the outcome when it arrives, be it good or bad. Go for it, hun, and be brave! You've come this far, you're being given a hand to support you, and take it! If you're having natural IVF, it has proven success with those who have a low amh-the onus (anus ha ha ha, sorry, so childish!) is on producing a good quality egg rather than on getting as many eggs as possible, regardless of quality, to ovulate. So, the likelihood of fertilization is more likely.

I think you need to confront your fears and be prepared to work through them. Even if it fails, it's not necessarily the end of the game, so stay positive and go for it!

We're here for you hun, and will be rooting for you! :thumbup::thumbup:

Big hugs,
Axxxxx :hugs:

I think your exactly right honey, and yes they are doing a natural cycle, both of us are still worried about spending the money and not having it work, but your right i have to think positive and then deal with whatever happens. I think though that we are going to wait for the next cycle, this was thrown to us and we only have a matter of days to figure it out. DH and i decided to wait for the next cycle and then i can do it with a clear head and go for it. And of course i appreciate you being direct with me, thats what i love about you ladies. Thanks Amanda, i love you honey!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->