TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

No 24mm is not too big. If I remember right follies start to ovulate when they're around 20mm +. But mine was around 30mm so it was huge! 3cm..gyn was not sure if it was going to be a cycst, but it wasnt cos I did feel ovulation the next day. She did say that it HAD happened that someone had gotten preggo with that big folly. Usually they are over ripe when they're too big.
Good luck to you, hopefully cramps you're feeling are implantation :thumbup:

iPenn, from what I've read and researched 24mm is a good size.

Purplelou, I'm so sorry.

NorthStarr, what the what?! Not only did the lab foul things up but they're treating specimen cups like the Holy Grail? I hope things go much better next time around.

Constance - thanks hun! - How are you doing so far?? when does testing normally happen??

Hi

Can I join in.

I am 39 in Aug and DH is 47 in April we are trying for our first baby. Since we started trying in November 2009 we have had 3 MCs which have been really tough. We had decided to stop putting ourself through it but after all the tests at hospital came back fine and Dr said there was nothing 'wrong' with me we decided to give it another go.

So here we are again.

Nice to meet you all

hi penny & welcome :hi:
so sorry for you losses :hugs:
the ladies here are fab so you'll find plenty of support :)

How is everyone doing today?
Big :hugs: to you all

Nothing new really here, Ive resisted any more testing and am "waiting to see" if AF turns up. we've just been to visit Little Brody (our dog) at the vets and he looks quite perky and wants to go home, but he is still on a drip. but maybe tomorrow he wil be able to come home :)

looking forwards to Friday !

All good here, resisted temptation to POAS after that BFN on Tuesday. AF is due tomorrow or Saturday so am hoping to hold out until then.

My ovulation tests arrived today...what do I do with them, when should I start testing? Any help appreciated :flower:

Purple - glad your furbaby is ok and looking forward to coming home. Sounds like you will have him for the weekend?

TFI Friday tomorrow! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

well done LadyH, I always feel a bit prod when I don't test :haha: I never used ov tests to be honest, but someone here will be wise, do you have an idea of when you might ov?? because you need to start before then so you don't miss it. I used clueblue fertility monitor and it's the same idea. it usually asks me for sticks from around CD6 - I have quite an irregular cycle so have ov anywhere between CD11 to CD20!

and hopefully yes furbaby will be home for the weekend

the vet just phoned - bless him (brody, not the vet) apparently when he pees some of it trickling out of his tummy wound - which is common and should heal up and stop fairly soon - poor little man!

Ohh and good luck for poas - Im hoping it's a bfp for you!!

Constancev18 - good luck with the embies, FX for you :thumbup:

Lady H, it depends when you normally ovulate, if you have no clue start on CD8.

Some people get a better result from mid-morning onwards, some use FMU (first morning urine) but most critical is you have restrict fluids and hold the pee for about 2 hours.

Are they digital opks or the kind with the line?

Blue lines I think, cheap ones from Amazon. Will try from CD8 as you suggest - thanks!

No problem, if they are cheap and you have a few, don't hold back if you think you are getting close to ov, because some people do have a short surge (less than 12 hours, doesn't mean there's anything wrong) so have to test twice a day.

But on the other hand, don't run amok and use them all in the first couple of days :haha:

Lady H, looks like we have similar length cycles although I don't know what day you O. I usually O from cd11 to 13 with a 14 day LP so I start testing on cd9 - will do 1 in the morning and 1 in the eve - then once the line gets to about 50% darkness compared to the test line I will POAS every 3-4 hours as I will likely get my + within 24 hours - but we are all different so who knows! :shrug:

Constance - thanks hun! - How are you doing so far?? when does testing normally happen??

Rollercoaster here.:cloud9: I'm taking PIO which causes preg symptoms so I'm trying to discount symptoms but stay positive. Harumph. My beta is scheduled for next Fri, 1/27 but after reading posts on this board I think I can test Mon. Maybe I'll wait until Tues. :happydance:

I'm 35 - I just got pregnant for the first time and miscarried at 7 weeks. I'm completely hopeless now. I feel like I'm so old, and worry that I'll never be able to carry a baby to term. I'm so depressed that I want to get on antidepressants, but my OB told me to stay off if I wanted to ttc again. It's a chore for me to get through each day. Everytime I sign on to facebook - every single person seems to be pregnant or have a brand new baby.

I haven't been around for 3 days, OH whisked me away to Dorset for my birthday so I see I have loads of posts to go through but this one caught my eye, and I wanted to respond.

Nothing really to do with TTC, but about 16 months ago I started to have bad anxiety attacks which resulted in depression, I was in quite a bad way, I think it was a delayed reaction to losing my mum suddenly, I have been seeing a lovely female counsellor for the past 16 months who has been a godsend and I am on ADs, I had to go on ADs otherwise I couldnt' have gone back to work, and I wasn't eating, sleeping etc. I am on 20mg Citalopram and my FS knows this. You have to look after yourself, I have a friend (over 40) that is on ADs and she had her son naturally when she was 41. Please don't struggle on without getting any help. xx

Hi All,

Purple--happy the furbaby is coming home. we have 3. one cuddled on me right now.

Lady--make sure you do use the OPK sticks twice daily. i would have missed my surge this month had i not. i read another post that said the same so i started to test 2x per day. i was - in the am, + pm, and - again the next morning.

i had progesterone test today (6 days DPO--according to fertility friend). it was 12.6 which they said was ok. seems reasonable since my temps are still elevated. no more cramps today--just that big one yesterday. trying to balance optimism with protecting my emotions. :muaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->