TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi everyone :flower: sorry for being MIA, I was on BnB leave for a month over the holidays, was mostly at my parents as my Mum had an operation (which went well, she's good :thumbup)

There's too many pages for me to read, but huge congratulations to Lavalux and to Skye, was so rapt to hear that all the babies have arrive :hugs::happydance:

Dwrgi I have heard that "bacne" is a common SE of DHEA, but you never really know what SE you are going to get with supplements, it varies wildly from person to person :hugs:

AFM have been lucky with the Clomid, no SE and feeling really pretty well. Unfortunately not pregnant but :shrug: chart looks much improved.

First the good news...
Had my initial FS appointment yesterday which went well, they took some bloods and referred me on for further investigation, but advised that 8 month wait applies in my area for HSG etc right now on the NHS.

Now the not so good news...
My OH did the SA before Xmas but then got a phone call last Friday to say that something had went wrong at the lab, and he needed to repeat the sample. My FS looked up the lab report yesterday and it turned out that someone at the lab had put his sample in the fridge :dohh: could not believe it, it is extra difficult for us to get this done as he works away 2 weeks in 4. So he went to the doctors yesterday for a new sample cup and the receptionist in there claimed no knowledge of the call and no sample pot, made him explain in front of the entire waiting room what the sample was for :growlmad: then told him he needed to call his doctor today. So finally he got the doctor this afternoon, they will give him a new cup tomorrow, but it's too late to repeat the test this cycle, as we're now heading into fertile time :cry: And even though the FS ordered that D do 2 tests, the doctor will only give him 1 sample cup at a time :dohh: so he will have to go back yet again.

We will go on with the NHS for a little while longer but are looking at going private in a few months time.

Northstar - welcome back. Arghhhh for the sperm sample being messed with and now the hassel of having to repeat it and the horrible embarrassment of having everything in a waiting room full of people. your siggy says is all really - ttc sucks!! :hugs:

Dwrgi, I tried soy for the Nov and Dec cycles - upped to the max dose on Dec but it obviously didn't do anything! In fact I think it may have messed up my hormones a bit as I now have quite low post O temps which is not a good thing I don't think. Again this month they are quite low so I don't know if there is still a fall out from it :nope:

Butterfly, what soy products were you using and how much? I have tofu about once a week and now I'm wondering if that is too much. I know there is a difference between fermented and unfermented soy. Fermented soy is supposed to be the better one and this includes tempeh and miso. Unfermented soy is tofu and soy milk. I was just curious what soy products you were using and how often.

Dwrgi, I tried soy for the Nov and Dec cycles - upped to the max dose on Dec but it obviously didn't do anything! In fact I think it may have messed up my hormones a bit as I now have quite low post O temps which is not a good thing I don't think. Again this month they are quite low so I don't know if there is still a fall out from it :nope:

Butterfly, what soy products were you using and how much? I have tofu about once a week and now I'm wondering if that is too much. I know there is a difference between fermented and unfermented soy. Fermented soy is supposed to be the better one and this includes tempeh and miso. Unfermented soy is tofu and soy milk. I was just curious what soy products you were using and how often.

Hi Missy well I was taking soy isoflavones which you can find in the menopause section of health shops :haha: - you take it a bit like clomid (it is supposed to be natures clomid) and you take it for 5 days early in your cycle - if I remember rightly if you take it earlier (say days 1 to 5 or 2 to 6) then it gives a stronger ovulation which might actually produce more follicles (so maybe 2 eggs) but if you take it later (maybe 4-8 or 5-9) then it is supposed to produce a more mature egg. There are various doses that you can take - some people take 80mg for days 1 to 3 then 120mg on days 4 and 5. I took a bit more than this on the first go and then approx 160mg 1-3 and 200mg 4-5 in December (I did days 2 to 6 of my cycle). Basically soy isoflavones are very heavy in oestrogen so may not be recommended if you are oestrogen dominant. There are quite a few ladies on these boards who have got a bfp when using soy but who knows if it was that that made the difference?

There are some side affects to it like bad headaches (which I didn't get) so it is recommended that you take it before you go to bed.

There is probably a load more (accurate?!) information out there in google land :haha::haha::hugs:

Welcome Heavenly. I have a younger man too. You'll notice that a lot of ladies here have younger men.

AFM, I know AF is coming soon. I feel slight cramping and I was crabby this weekend. I'm not sure if the crabbiness was from PMS or SS getting on my nerves or maybe a combination of both.

I guess technically I have a younger man, too, but it's only by 4 months so I tend to ignore it! :haha: It is quite interesting, though, that so many of us on here are cougars... meow!

I'm sorry you're feeling crabby. When we were newlyweds, I would have sworn up and down on a stack of Bibles that DH was deliberately trying to irritate me sometimes... it didn't dawn on me until at least a year in that those times always seemed to come the week before AF.... :idea: I finally learned to tell him about a week before AF was due so he knew he might want to stay out of my way that week! :grr: :hissy: :sad2: :laugh2: :hissy: :grr:

Asry, the Canary Islands sound amazing! Have a great time! I'm sorry about AF, and though I know it's cold comfort, at least you know you can enjoy some tropical drinks on vacation.... :shipw:

HA-when do you start your treatment? Will we be cycle buddies? I hope so!!! :hugs:

I hope we'll be buddies! :friends: AF is due on or around Jan. 26, so I should start stimming on or around the 29th, with retrieval falling around mid-Feb. Due to the drug company mess, when are you looking at starting?

There's lots more I wanted to say, but my battery is about to die and I'm without my power cords atm... I'll have to finish these thoughts later. :wave:

Greetings Lovely Ladies

I banged my forehead hard on a sharp corner of a desk whilst plugging the iron in this morning. I cried buckets, partly because it hurt like buggery and partly because I got a BFN at 11DPO. If AF arrives for the weekend I'm getting stinking drunk, Bollocks to it!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Ladies - Ive just collected the littliest furbaby (boy dog) from the vets where he's had to go for a few hours for ultrasound scan and xrays - poor baby has a whole bunch of kidney stones :( he's got to have surgery on thursday to remove them - ouchie!!

Ok, I'm back and fully recharged! :winkwink:

HA-when do you start your treatment? Will we be cycle buddies? I hope so!!! :hugs:

I hope we'll be buddies! :friends: AF is due on or around Jan. 26, so I should start stimming on or around the 29th, with retrieval falling around mid-Feb. Due to the drug company mess, when are you looking at starting?

The other thing I wanted to add here was that I'm not downregging, so my start date all depends on when AF arrives. I'll start stims on cd3, and ganirelix a day or two later.

And totally OT, I was in a shop earlier and heard Duran Duran's "Planet Earth" - I TOTALLY thought of you!!! (And sang along while bopping my head as I walked along the aisles!)

Greetings Lovely Ladies

I banged my forehead hard on a sharp corner of a desk whilst plugging the iron in this morning. I cried buckets, partly because it hurt like buggery and partly because I got a BFN at 11DPO. If AF arrives for the weekend I'm getting stinking drunk, Bollocks to it!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Lady H, I am so sorry!! I hope you don't end up with a big bruise. :hugs: Or if you do, I hope you have bangs/fringe that can hide it! :haha: I strongly endorse getting stinking drunk from time to time. :drunk:

NS, I've been following your story over on the LTTTC thread (I lurk there :ninja:) and I can't believe the f*ck up you've had to go through over this SA!! :growlmad: And I can't believe there's an 8-month wait for an HSG!! :growlmad: I hope everything gets straightened out soon. :hugs:

Umm, I think that's all... there may be more, but I have post-vacation brain and it's just not fully functioning yet.... (I feel like I need some sort of Jimmy Buffet parrothead emoticon for how I feel today....)

Big :hugs: all around.

Lady H, I hope your head feels better. I hate when it seems like all things happen at once. Sometimes you just need to have a drink!

Purple, oh the poor little fur baby. I hate when fur babies are sick because they can't tell us. Luckily we do get used to reading their body language. That is how I know my fur babies are sick.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts - I get really clumsy when AF is due so I guess the bump on the head kinda sealed my fate mentally for this cycle!

Purplelou - hope your furbaby will be OK. I do sometimes wonder if I ever was blessed with a child would I look after it as well as I do my furbabies! At least I have the capacity to learn different looks and what's normal behaviour so that's a start!

I'm 35 - I just got pregnant for the first time and miscarried at 7 weeks. I'm completely hopeless now. I feel like I'm so old, and worry that I'll never be able to carry a baby to term. I'm so depressed that I want to get on antidepressants, but my OB told me to stay off if I wanted to ttc again. It's a chore for me to get through each day. Everytime I sign on to facebook - every single person seems to be pregnant or have a brand new baby.

You're always welcome here Heavenly, dipsysp and drsquid :flower: and good for you D&D on being strong women and doing this on your own. If I'd be single or become one, I'd be going onto donor sperm also :thumbup:
Twinkle - cougar club :thumbup::haha:

Tinatin - I did go for my first bloodtests after 4 months of trying, and ended up done with all tests (for me) when 1 year of trying was full. Public healthcare here expects ppl to try 1 yr before seeking help, but private practises of course take you whenever you want to go.

So :af: is here. F*ck that. I'm waiting for our vacation next week - canary islands :happydance:

I have private insurance so I think I'm covered. I might just lurk in and see what my doctor thinks after a couple more months...thank you for the advice!

Sorry about :witch:! At least you get to go somewhere lovely to take your mind off it :)

whew--that was a lot of work catching up on the last 2 days.

welcome newbies. i was a newbie last week and have also been all over these forums. this is the best group. all of the ladies are so sweet and considerate.

Heavenly--I literally LOL when i read that you are lucky when it comes to ILs. My husband wanted to know what I was laughing at and I said "it is a lady thing".

Lady--I can almost hear your accent even though I am only reading.

Anyone else have a lot more cramps in 2ww with clomid. Should not be time for :witch:, but I sure have a lot of cramps. They are in one spot though and higher up than normal. Weirdly on the opposite side of where I felt the ovulation pain, but it feels like ovulation pain? I am on CD 22 and ovulated between CD17 and CD19 and had IUI on CD18. :witch: usually comes CD31 or 32, but not sure with clomid.

Funny how you are so excited to get into the 2ww, then a few days in start to test every symptom, and by a week in--you HATE the 2ww already. I think we need to create a roller coaster smiley--If only I knew how.

I'm 35 - I just got pregnant for the first time and miscarried at 7 weeks. I'm completely hopeless now. I feel like I'm so old, and worry that I'll never be able to carry a baby to term. I'm so depressed that I want to get on antidepressants, but my OB told me to stay off if I wanted to ttc again. It's a chore for me to get through each day. Everytime I sign on to facebook - every single person seems to be pregnant or have a brand new baby.

Oh I am so so sorry for your loss! It's not hopeless at all. I think just about every woman in my entire extended family has had a baby over 35 (some in their early 40s) and every single one of them was happy and healthy. It will happen for you :hugs:

Anyone else have a lot more cramps in 2ww with clomid. Should not be time for :witch:, but I sure have a lot of cramps. They are in one spot though and higher up than normal. Weirdly on the opposite side of where I felt the ovulation pain, but it feels like ovulation pain? I am on CD 22 and ovulated between CD17 and CD19 and had IUI on CD18. :witch: usually comes CD31 or 32, but not sure with clomid.

I had a lot stronger PMS symptoms with Clomid--cramping, sore boobs. My cycle in two cycles was longer (LP), but was the same as normal in my final cycle on it. Mind you, my clomid cycles were completely unmonitored.

Hugs to Bruingirl. I know it must be hard to TTC after a loss. The tiny silver lining is that you've been able to get PG, so chances are that you will be able to do so again. I'm sorry about your loss. :flower:

I'm 36 and same thing happened to me. 17 months of trying, fixing, etc, got pregnant and lost the baby at only 5 weeks. We'll both get through this... it's just going to take some time for both of us. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

How are you all doing?

Purple and Dwrgi- Thanks for asking! We had a good turnout on Sunday for our open house! We took our three fur babies to the dog park and they had a blast! Then, yesterday a real estate agent called and asked if she could bring her clients over...so we were running around like mad cleaning and setting the place up for them. I let the real estate agent in and left...to let the clients look around...when they left I thanked them and the real estate agent said we had a beautiful home. :) so will see if anything comes out of that.

Yes, as soon as we sell, I can get my hands on the money and do ivf. I feel so close, yet so far...:)

Lady H- hope your head feels better soon! I get clumsy around af time...which she will arrive for me next week sometime because I have been quite edgy.

I have to go to my ob/gyn tomorrow for my yearly exam. So not looking forward to it. When I finally get to go back to the exam room...I wait forever and I think, I have to get naked, be felt up etc.. etc...seems I never scoot down far enough..... he talks and asks me random ??'s when all I want him to do is hurry up, don't really feel like chit chat when I'm in such a vulnerable ummmmm.....position....and I have to pay him for this? So when the umm exam is done.... He always asks the same questions..so where are we with your fertility treatments? Have you been able to get to the RE yet?... How is your boyfriend? Doctor, I say, he is my husband... gives me a blank stare....I tell him no, not yet still getting the money together..I see him every two months for pain medicine refills for my hellish periods....uggggg you would at least think he could remember my dh....don't want to go!

Wishing everyone lot's of baby sticky dust!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->