TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Welcome Penny B, and I am sure you will gets lots out of being a part of this thread. We all help each other out-when we are down, someone will help us get through it, and we all do the same for each other. So, a win win situation. I LOVE Cheshire-my ex's family lived in Altrincham and then Nantwich, so I got to know the area really well. I loved shopping in John Lewis and looking round Knutsford-although everything was SOOOOOO expensive! I am 40 and my OH is 47 so our ages are similar-we are unexplained too, and it is the most frustrating thing in the world. We were advised to go for IVF/ICSI as it was just taking us so long, without any joy at all (save for one mc in 2009 :nope:). Is there any way that you would consider that? Anyway, good luck and I hope your journey on here is short and sweet! :hugs:

Purple-glad Brody is better! Hope he's home today! :hugs:

Constance-HUGE good luck to you for Monday! I am keeping everything crossed!! :thumbup:

Heavenly-hope you had good trip to Dorset. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but it sounds as if you are getting better. You've been through the mill. Big :hugs: to you!

NS-you made me laugh! That's just what we would do-use the whole lot off in one day's worth of sitting on the loo, desperately trying to squeeze another pee out, whilst imagining a second line to prove ovulation, and probably on CD5!!!!!! Hope you're okay? Big :hugs:

Hi buddy Butterfly, Lava, Skye, HA, Missy, FM, Twinkle, ipenn, Lady H (good advice re. ov sticks-you're in safe hands here), Asry, and everybody else! Hope you all have an AF free weekend!!

AFM-I'm going with Feb stimms, with EC on week beginning March 12th. Better all round, but another waaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Sighhhhhhh.

Love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hee-I did something really naughty this morning! Unbeknown to OH, I mixed the contents of my OH's vit E & selenium capsule into his cereal!!! He hasn't taken it for months. He ate it in front of me, without a murmur!!

This is what I call a RESULT girls!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

And for me:
:awww::awww::awww:

Hee-I did something really naughty this morning! Unbeknown to OH, I mixed the contents of my OH's vit E & selenium capsule into his cereal!!! He hasn't taken it for months. He ate it in front of me, without a murmur!!

And for me:

:haha::haha::haha: I think you have to try and do this as often as you can - but then that does mean that you have to make his breakfast for him every day! :dohh:
:hugs::hugs:

And for me:

Haha!

Luckily my OH takes his Wellman Conception every evening, I just hand it to him after dinner and he takes it, he's like a puppy with a treat. :rofl:

And for me:

Haha!

Luckily my OH takes his Wellman Conception every evening, I just hand it to him after dinner and he takes it, he's like a puppy with a treat. :rofl:

You're very lucky! We have sperm issues (or have done) so I bought him vit C, zinc, selenium, vit E and Wellman. He takes everything apart from the selenium and vit E which are both crucial for sperm formation! I understand this, but my darling man chooses not to, hence my furtive ways with the knife and soft gel this morning!!!

Welcome Penny!

Purple, I'm glad Brody is doing well. I bet you can't wait to bring the little guy home and snuggle with him.

Lady, If you have a lot of OPKs I read its good to start the day after your period ends and to do it twice a day, about 12 hours apart. I might buy some cheapees myself this month.

Dwrgi, I'm glad you tricked DH like that. Seriously, how else is he going to take the supplements he needs. I hate how they deny its not their problem. How do they think we feel? They don't get poked and prodded and stuck. All they need to do is swallow some pills and go in a cup. I wish we had it that easy.

AFM, AF is due any day now. DH is not going out of town anymore. I kind of threw a fit about it. The guys that was supposed to go couldn't for some reason and DH was going to fill in even though he already had his turn the week I was ovulating. I guess that's why I flipped because not only did he miss my ovulation but he missed my work holiday party that I planned! He just doesn't know how to say no and put his foot down most of the time. On another good note, I had my first appointment with my new therapist and I think its a really good fit. I can tell she really gets me and is very interested in helping me.

this thread moves so fast at times - it's easy to missy things!

Heavenly - just saw it was your birthday! Belated wishes :hugs: did you have a lovely trip away? hope xx

and Dwrgi - you made me laugh out loud with your furtive "husband dosing" :haha::haha:

and then heavenly - "like a puppy with a treat":rofl::rofl:

when I give my dogs tablets etc, I have to hide them in a tiny piece of cheese or a little bit of ham (or they spit them out ) me and DH call them "ham prizes" or "cheese prizes" (becuse we're daft) so maybe Dwrgi's hubby had a lovely "cereal prize" bless him! :thumbup:

Missy - I am so glad you found a good therapist and that you feel comfortable and confident in her - wonderful news, I really hope you get everything out of it that you need :hugs:

Dh is really good about taking his multitude of vitamins etc. I just wish he was as commited to not drinking!

Dh is really good about taking his multitude of vitamins etc. I just wish he was as commited to not drinking!

Well we both gave up smoking last year, he did really well with that, I don't drink, but he does make an effort not to drink during the week but has a few on a Friday and Saturday, but no more than 8 in total!!

I'm quite strict. :rofl:

Mine's off to a beer festival tomorrow!! I'm making sure we :sex: tonight!

Hi Ladies. I have a problem keeping my husband away from beer festivals too! I finally stopped drinking a glass of wine every night (alot harder than I thought) and it drives me crazy seeing him with a beer in hand as soon as it strikes 8:00 in the evening. I think I'm just getting cranky with the feeling that I'm doing all the work.

What do you all think are appropriate "asks" for the husband while trying to conceive? He's done the sperm count and motility test and is taking vitamins. But I'd love for him to up the romance levels around ovulation time :flower: (he hates when I ask).

P.S. - I've been trying for a year now... scared to death to go to a FS (stupid.. I know).

Mine's off to a beer festival tomorrow!! I'm making sure we :sex: tonight!

Yes, get him before it goes limp with all the booze. :rofl:

Sorry, I'm in a silly mood, it's Friday!! :blush:

Heehee - no you're totally right! When we first got together he was drinking quite a lot & sometimes had problems in that department - now he drinks a lot less he never has problems!

Hi Ladies. I have a problem keeping my husband away from beer festivals too! I finally stopped drinking a glass of wine every night (alot harder than I thought) and it drives me crazy seeing him with a beer in hand as soon as it strikes 8:00 in the evening. I think I'm just getting cranky with the feeling that I'm doing all the work.

What do you all think are appropriate "asks" for the husband while trying to conceive? He's done the sperm count and motility test and is taking vitamins. But I'd love for him to up the romance levels around ovulation time :flower: (he hates when I ask).

P.S. - I've been trying for a year now... scared to death to go to a FS (stupid.. I know).

I was scared to go the FS too but it wasn't as scarey as I thought - it's worth seeing someone sooner rather than later :hugs:

DH has done the tests & takes the vitamins. I'd like him to drink less (he thinks cutting down a bit is ok) He doesn't mind if I tell him when it's time for baby making sex rather than other sex but I know a lot of men get stressed about it do their OHs don't tell them .

Heehee - no you're totally right! When we first got together he was drinking quite a lot & sometimes had problems in that department - now he drinks a lot less he never has problems!

Same here with OH, he is really good now, he is having a couple of beers before coming home tonight, he needs to destress, he has a stressful job.

I'll tell you what, after my useless GP, who kept telling me just to try naturally, as it wasn't worth me paying money for tests or seeing a FS, as it was all down to my age......seeing the FS is a godsend!! At least I feel I am in control now and have someone I can ask any questions, and see at short notice.

It's good your OH has had the SA and is taking vitamins...they do get off lightly though, don't they...you would think you were asking them to have it cut off...the fuss they make!!! :rofl:

And for me:

That is SO funny! I STILL can't get DH to get his arse in gear and go to the GP to get SA. He has to register with the GP first and then we are told around 6 weeks for his results, so two months I think. I'm 40 in June ffs and he is 54 in April - GET A WIGGLE ON! I think we have very little chance really.

Af due today or tomorrow, last 4 cycles AF on day 26 or 27, today is 27. No sign of her yet but I usually wake with it. I do feel mild nausea last 2 days after I eat but Mum had none at all with me and my DB so not reading anything into it. Hoping to hang on until Sunday to test if not here tomorrow.

Purple - is your furbaby home yet? :hugs:

:sad2:oh pooh! the :witch: got me :sad2:

On a good note - Brody is home - wearing a lampshade on his head and looking bruised and sore around the nether regions, bless him, Lots of loves for him now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->