TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

dashka- sorry but id take your naturopathic docs opinion with an ENORMOUS grain of salt. she likely only sees the people it doesnt work for. i have no problem with alternative medicine (well actually i do, starting with their name even, rarely should it be used instead of traditional medicine, more as an adjunct) but when they start considering their treatments (which are rarely proven in any sort of true scientific way) more effective than evidence based tested treatments, well i have a problem with that. in this case.. so someone may not get pregnant, in the grand scheme of things, who cares. if someone dies of their cancer (ie steve jobs) when they could have been cured, well that sucks. as far as them spending extra time listening to you etc, of course they do, you pay out of pocket, they arent mandated by a government body to see x number of patients, for y amount of money in certain amounts of time etc. in addition particularly in fertility and gyn medicine the overhead is enormous, mostly related to malpractice insurance (something that a "holistic" practitioner likely doesnt carry). when i was an intern my patients LOVED me because i was willing to sit there and let them talk as long as they wanted. did that make me a good doctor, well maybe., but quite frankly the reason i could do it and my other interns couldnt was because i knew i was going into radiology and did not have to develop those sort of time management and quite frankly patient management skills.

Dr-Squid- I have to say I was upset by your reply… .:wacko: If your intention is to bring down others in their decision – you have succeeded. I thought this thread was supposed to be about giving support – no matter what your decision… Anyway – I thank all the other ladies who have been supporting. :flower:I am fairly new to this thread (have been on the TWW one for longer but recently found this one).

I don’t think I gave you all the info (didn’t think I needed to defend ) but my Naturopathic doctor actually has been specializing in fertility for the past 10 years. (Quite different from just an acupuncturist – She is a DOCTOR). To get there they need to study both Western and Eastern medicine for many years. More than half her patients ARE IVF patients who see her also for acupuncture and she actually believes that Western and Eastern medicine work hand in hand when it comes to fertility. When I said in the post that she mentioned Clomid doesn’t work for a lot of people and she didn't know why they give it – I didn’t continue what she said – she said she would recommend that if I decided to go back to a fertility clinic and take meds (if I’m comfortable with it) that I may have more luck with OTHER stronger ones like Gonal F (she is not against it at all as she works with IVF patients who are on all types of meds.) ...She works with supplements, diet and acupuncture but has so much expertise that she is a consulting doctor on probably the largest IVF website in Canada. So there you go.

I am a trained Registered Holistic Nutritionist so naturally I have chosen this ‘alternative’ path after having tried Clomid for 3-4 cycles and was told that at the end of it my numbers were actually going down. Mind you that was 7-8 years ago so I don’t know if stims and IUI might work for me now if I decide to do it…perhaps with another clinic in future. Anything is possible. Everyone does what they are comfortable with at that moment.

To be honest -I would rather spend money out of pocket to have someone listen to me and my full feelings/concerns and understand what I’m going through – then a medical doctor who doesn’t have the time (no fault of their own sometimes) to offer other options/support or look into the cause of why it’s happening in the first place.

HA - Ohh it's sounding good so far (to my untrained self anyway!) so I shall keep all limbs crossed for you on Wednesday for egg retrival - Go follies :happydance::happydance: Go follies!!:happydance::happydance:

Hi everyone. Can i jump in also please?

I am 38 and ttc baby no.2. My miracle son is 10 years old and would love nothing more than to have a baby brother or sister. Well i tell a lie. He was actually mortified at the thought of possibly having a sister LOL, but he's now decided that being a big brother would be awesome, despite the sex of the baby!

I've just had Ovarian Drilling and started Metformin, and im so excited that this could possibly be our chance! I am trying to keep level headed as i dont want to line myself up for disappointment, but i guess that is going to have be expected!

Good luck to all. Looking forward to getting you know you.

Jane x

Don't know if anyone is interested .... but for those considering acupuncture check out this link -this is so cool..... Totally sounds like me... My naturopathic doctor has actually said I have a weak spleen (and is treating with acupuncture as well) and when I found this description I totally went ...whoa!! GOing to work on strengthening the spleen with diet and other ways...

https://www.acuforconception.com/Se...Dr_Lewis_Spleen_and_Immunological_Systems.htm

AFM, it looks like I'll probably trigger tonight with retrieval on Wednesday, then transfer either Saturday or Monday (depending on how the embies look on Saturday). Today my follies are at 25, 2 at 20, 2 at 19, 17, 15, 12, and 3 at 9. The 12 and the 9s probably won't mature in time to be of any use, but if the rest are ready, that gives us 7 eggs. :thumbup: (Assuming that 25 isn't overblown already... we shall see....)

Way to go HA!! How fantastic! You've done really well! Fingers crossed for Wednesday now-I'm sure that you will do brilliantly!

We're all with you hun!!

Go Happy :happydance:, Go Happy :happydance:, Go Happy :happydance:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't know if anyone is interested .... but for those considering acupuncture check out this link -this is so cool..... Totally sounds like me... My naturopathic doctor has actually said I have a weak spleen (and is treating with acupuncture as well) and when I found this description I totally went ...whoa!! GOing to work on strengthening the spleen with diet and other ways...

https://www.acuforconception.com/Se...Dr_Lewis_Spleen_and_Immunological_Systems.htm

Thanks Dashka, that is SO me! So, from now on, I FEEL that I am going to be more confident and FEEL that I am worthwhile!!

Hope you're okay hun,
Axxxxxx :flower:

Purple and Twinkle, you ladies are so funny with your spam posts!

Carole, I really hope you get your little Shih Tzu back. That is heart wrenching. My first dog was a Shih Tzu and I have 2 pugs now. They mean the world to me. I hope your DH catches that jerk! Keep us posted.

Twinkle, those definately sound like O pains. I was very detailed at making sure when O was for me this month and I felt them on Saturday as well. Thanks to my acupuncturist, now I know where my ovaries are. She places little stickies over my ovaries and uterus in case I want to do moxibustion at home. It really helped that someone gave me an anatomy lesson.

Drsquid, as far as "alternative medicine" its only alternative medicine in the Western world. In East Asia your so called "alternative medicine" is common practice. Anyway, I feel like I needed to chime in because I was a bit offended by your post to dashka as well. I've always prided this thread as suppoting each other and I felt as if you were bashing Dashka for choosing what is right for her. I'm not intending to speak for everyone here but I've been on this thread for over a year and I'm here because its a support thread and not a thread where we ridicule each other's decisions and paths towards a BFP.

HA, so excited for you. I actually like what your RE is doing. I think the mistake mine made was stopping my stims when the largest follicle got big enough and sacraficed the rest that were still growing. Your RE really sounds like knows what he's doing and I'm so happy for you. I hate to see other women go through what I did. So excited for you!

Dashka, that is wonderful that your Naturopathic doctor has been specializing in fertility for so long. The important thing is that you are comfortable with her and that she knows her stuff. Sounds like she has great credentials and a lot of experience. Sounds to me like you made the right decision.

Great article, dashka! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Jane, welcome to BandB - the ladies on the whole site seem to be very knowledgable so you will find loads of information and support. all of us on this thread are trying to become mommies for the very first time :flower: But most the ladies on the main TTC over 35 section have already got a child/children. I hope your stay in TTC generally in B and B is short and sweet and that you get you BFP soon x

Ohh ladies - we have just signed up for "netflix" - and Ive found a new way to torture myslef - by watching "one born every minute" :dohh:

Hi All and welcome new friends :hugs:

Purple there are many new ways we can torture ourselves and that sounds a good 'un!

I am confused with my OPK, its gone from a really really faint line to very close to the same colour as the control, and bb's are feeling a bit tender. I think I had some EWCM today too so think I may be due to Ov. Better dtd tonight....!

Hi Ladies

I am confused !!

My CBFM is still showing high but the OPK is now showing nothing (yes in am doing both) can I ignore CBFM or is the OPK wrong !

Please help me which is the best one to follow !!

Hi All and welcome new friends :hugs:

Purple there are many new ways we can torture ourselves and that sounds a good 'un!

I am confused with my OPK, its gone from a really really faint line to very close to the same colour as the control, and bb's are feeling a bit tender. I think I had some EWCM today too so think I may be due to Ov. Better dtd tonight....!

Sound promising, good luck :)

I'm sorry that it came across as bashing. Quite frankly the only reason I responded is because I felt that anyone who chose to take clomid was being bashed and I felt that was extremely irresponsible of the practitioner. Complimentary medicine should be just that. As far as se Asia etc, that is an extreme over simplification of the true situation. As I said, I am supportive of whatever people choose to do, I just think there is a lot of quackery out there (not saying what you are doing is quakery) and I hate to see vulnerable people taken advantage of (again not saying that is what is going on in this situation). Everyone picks the route that works for them.

Wow - thanks for the article Dashka:

"The emotion that is associated with the Spleen system is worry. Excessive use of the mind in thinking, studying, concentrating and memorizing over a long period of time tends to weaken the Spleen. This also includes excessive pensiveness and constant "brooding". This explains why excessive worry causes digestive disturbances like stomach ulcers..."

I am wondering if I still have one?! Got the ulcers, too, unfortunately. 6 years FT college & FT work & a high-stress 80-hr workweek financial job after that will do it to you... I've learned to go for the "quality of life" (40-45 hr job) after living thru that hell for 15 years! What a difference

I'm going to mention this to my acup on Fri., although I think he was treating it already. He's a Dr., too - 8 years of college behind his belt (naturopath/acup/Chinese Meds). Hey man, I actually ov'd & on a "normal day" after a year of trying, so I'm sticking with this track for a while, at least..

Different Strokes for Different Folks! Do what in your heart is right & you won't ever regret it...

Congrats to us on 10,000!!!! Jeez, I don't check this site for 2 days & there's like 100 posts!

Love the Smileys!!!!

HA - good luck darlin! prayers & :dust:

Purple - Just say NO! :haha: I am a Netflix ADDICT. OMG, wait til you find all the great shows that "you've always wanted to watch but never could" b/c of time, night, etc. Same w/movies - It's the bomb! (I watch a lot of BBC shows too! Dr. Who, Torchwood, etc). Only thing that keeps me out of my head for a while...

Welcome newbies!

Hello to all of you & here's wishing lots & lots of BFPs for all in 2012!!!! Its our year ladies! Its OUR year!!!! :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:

Hi Ladies

I am confused !!

My CBFM is still showing high but the OPK is now showing nothing (yes in am doing both) can I ignore CBFM or is the OPK wrong !

Please help me which is the best one to follow !!

I don't know much about CBFMs, but (just in case) it couldn't hurt to :sex: anyway, right?

OK, so I finally ov'd on a normal day & tested on 12 DPO - BFN. I guess you never know - I'll wait until I'm "late". I'm pretty good about waiting & not testing everyday - better at it than last month (was :wacko:).

Does anyone EVER follow fertility friend's recommendation not to test until 18 DPO?! Thats sheer torture!

Btw, only my 2nd month charting, so if my temps dip down "near" coverline on 12 - 13 DPO, is that a bad sign?

Well, no matter what, I'm just happy I ov'd this cycle - yay! :happydance:

:hug::dust: to all :hugs:

Glad to see that I am not alone. I will be 36 tomorrow and had ovarian drilling on Friday 02.03.2012. My DH will be 30 in March and we having been TTC since Feb 2009. Diagnosed with endometriosis in 2008. FS is very hopeful and that makes me feel better. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. So overwhelmed by all that is involved for the lil' miracle I want but willing to do what has to be done. Wishing you all your lil' bundles SOON!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->