TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

I'm sorry that it came across as bashing. Quite frankly the only reason I responded is because I felt that anyone who chose to take clomid was being bashed and I felt that was extremely irresponsible of the practitioner. Complimentary medicine should be just that. As far as se Asia etc, that is an extreme over simplification of the true situation. As I said, I am supportive of whatever people choose to do, I just think there is a lot of quackery out there (not saying what you are doing is quakery) and I hate to see vulnerable people taken advantage of (again not saying that is what is going on in this situation). Everyone picks the route that works for them.

Thanks for clarifying, but unfortunately the fact that you are using the word "quackery" does imply negativity... I realize that you are medicallly trained, but that doesn't give you licence to be condescending on here.

Sorry I did not give the whole story from the beginning about what my ND said but as mentioned she was only saying that there are stronger meds that are more effective than Clomid (in her experience).... She is not against meds.

Now can we all just get along? Baby dust (if that's not quackery):winkwink: to ALL!!!

Don't know if anyone is interested .... but for those considering acupuncture check out this link -this is so cool..... Totally sounds like me... My naturopathic doctor has actually said I have a weak spleen (and is treating with acupuncture as well) and when I found this description I totally went ...whoa!! GOing to work on strengthening the spleen with diet and other ways...

https://www.acuforconception.com/Se...Dr_Lewis_Spleen_and_Immunological_Systems.htm

Thanks Dashka, that is SO me! So, from now on, I FEEL that I am going to be more confident and FEEL that I am worthwhile!!

Hope you're okay hun,
Axxxxxx :flower:

I know I couldn't believe how much I fit the description.... especially the 'worrying' part and never putting myself first, and fear of change.... I also have spider veins just below my knees on the inside of my legs - also connected with spleen and digestion has been weird lately...
We ARE worthwhile girlfriend!!!:thumbup:

Penny - I am not an expert, but from what Ive read the CBFM may miss your Luteal surge if it's very short, and then it keeps looking for it in the test strips, so you keep getting "highs" until you stop using test strips. I think it's happened to me this month. are you charting temps also, because if so, that gives you another idea of when Ov happened :) hope that helps

Morning girls, here is the list so far!

Please write in your posts where you're all at, so I can add your status to this list. (Please note it's alphabetical-not that I'm egocentric!)

Dwrgi: ICSI EC week beginning March 12
HA: IVF February
Purple: natural TTC
Twinkle: seeing FS, waiting for test results, losing weight for ICSI.

Have a great day, y'all!! :hugs:

Never-where are you at now, hun? Surely you and Oopsie are up to 12 weeks?

I'm going to track you down and stalk you!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi :hi: Agape love, and welcome to the thread. You'll find loads of support and information here! I have never heard of ovarian drilling - but it sounds painful!!! I hope it helps and that you get your BFP soon! :flower:

OMG Never-12 weeks today!!! Brilliant!!!!

Right, here goes:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Twinkle-men and their cups! Grrrr!! And saucepans too! I swear that my OH thinks he will come out in a rash if he has to do the pans-they are always, strangely, my job.

If I ever have a boy, things will be VERY different!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Dwirgi, here's mine :):

Asryellah 35yrs, TTC since 09/2010, clomid for 6 cycles, now natural & reflexology

hugs to you all ladies

Gosh, I don't mean to hog today but just wanted to write something that may help us all!

My friend JoCR got preggers after her first IUI-she used to be on here but then she gave up on us!! Anyway, I'm still in touch with her and she found out last week that IUI was successful, first time round. They reckon that she got lucky probably down to 'hostile' CM :)haha:), and that this was something that they used to uniformly check for, but which has fallen out of use. I don't know why.

Also, have discovered that, for those doing assisted conception, that blood tests will give you a pregnancy result sooner than POAS. Blood pregnancy tests will yield a positive result if they detect 5+mIU of HCG in the blood.
5+ for positive, but most like to see 30+ to be a definite good pregnancy. Interesting! Some of you may know this already-I'm just a drongo! (Neighbours speak from dim and distant past!).

But, just more pieces of information for our arsenal of gen!

I'm off now, and I will try and NOT post again today!!

Ciao my bellas,
xxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - you never hog & are not a drongo!! (Nice use of Neighbours speak btw! I am feeling somewhat Daggy today!) Thanks for starting the list! :)

Purple - you have a great way with words thank you!

https://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/grouphug.gif I nosey around all over this forum & pride myself on the fact that, here in my TTC home, we have such a fab live & let live attitude - things can get nasty out there!
We might not always agree with each other, but I hope we can support each other! https://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/kissing.gif

Lilsluz, that is great that you are oving normally since seeing your acup. This past cycle was the first cycle since I can ever remember (probably since I was a teenager) that I didn't have sore boobs. I didn't even think of it until she asked me about it.

Welcome agape love! You aren't alone. This is a great support site.

Dashka, I have to say that this natural process (acup, healthy eating, yoga, meditation) has made me a lot more emotionally balanced than I was before dealing with my RE and all the drugs. And I think that being emotionally balanced is better for making important decisions with regard to what path we are going to take to get our BFP. I was completely irrational while taking clomid and my RE was probably one of the most insensitive people I've ever met. He didn't care about me, he cared more about his pregnancy rates no matter how I got pregnant as long as I was another number to tack on as a success story.

Dwrgi, here is my status: natural TTC after failed IVF

Where are FM and Luvvie?

Pinched from another site, and hopefully useful for improving egg quality and promoting follicle and egg development. Aim for 60-70g of protein per day, minimum!

Beef
•Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
•Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
•Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce

Chicken
•Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
•Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
•Drumstick – 11 grams
•Wing – 6 grams
•Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams

Fish
•Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
•Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein

Pork
•Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
•Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
•Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
•Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
•Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
•Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams

Eggs and Dairy
•Egg, large - 6 grams protein
•Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
•Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
•Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
•Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
•Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
•Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz

Beans (including soy)
•Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
•Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
•Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
•Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
•Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
•Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams

Nuts and Seeds
•Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
•Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
•Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
•Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
•Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
•Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

https://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/fart.gif

Lilsluz, that is great that you are oving normally since seeing your acup. This past cycle was the first cycle since I can ever remember (probably since I was a teenager) that I didn't have sore boobs. I didn't even think of it until she asked me about it.

Welcome agape love! You aren't alone. This is a great support site.

Dashka, I have to say that this natural process (acup, healthy eating, yoga, meditation) has made me a lot more emotionally balanced than I was before dealing with my RE and all the drugs. And I think that being emotionally balanced is better for making important decisions with regard to what path we are going to take to get our BFP. I was completely irrational while taking clomid and my RE was probably one of the most insensitive people I've ever met. He didn't care about me, he cared more about his pregnancy rates no matter how I got pregnant as long as I was another number to tack on as a success story.

Dwrgi, here is my status: natural TTC after failed IVF

Where are FM and Luvvie?

Yes it’s so true – I agree I need to get more emotionally balanced to… I used to be so clear headed and more confident – need to get back to that place. I was really into yoga before –but since we adopted its been harder…. I need to go to bed earlier and get up earlier to do yoga before work! Glad the acupuncture is going well for you… I just love it too… it is so relaxing. My ND tried a little laser acupuncture on me last time…it’s fairly new…. Have you tried that? She only did about 5-6 points and then did the rest traditional way with needles. It’s pretty cool. I like how she customizes it for whatever time in cycle you’re on and also if you’re having any other particular problems at the time like headache or digestive issues –she can give you some extra points/needles for that. Been seeing her for over a year now… most of the time I go every 2 weeks (once before ovulation and once afterwards)…but going to try to make it more often.

Dwrgi – here is my status:
39 yrs – TTC naturally (after 3 rounds of Clomid and 2 failed IUI’s in 2004/2005) Currently doing acupuncture, supplements (including FolaPro, fish oil , natural progesterone cream and baby aspirin)

Good luck ladies!!:flower::hugs:

Pinched from another site, and hopefully useful for improving egg quality and promoting follicle and egg development. Aim for 60-70g of protein per day, minimum!

Beef
•Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams

Chicken
•Drumstick – 11 grams
•Wing – 6 grams

Fish
•Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce

Pork

Eggs and Dairy
•Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams

Beans (including soy)
•Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
•Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans

Nuts and Seeds

eggs and pumpkin seeds are especially good for fertility :thumbup:

My hamster eats pumpkin seeds - do you think she'd be cross if I stole some of hers??

Beef
•Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams

Chicken
•Drumstick – 11 grams
•Wing – 6 grams

Fish

Pork

Eggs and Dairy
•Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams

Beans (including soy)
•Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams

Nuts and Seeds

Believe it or not spinach is high in protein and also for you vegetarians, quinoa is also a good source of protein.

I was listening to an album yesterday & the lyrics to this song touched me & I wanted to share them with you all. This is the only decent recording I could find on you tube - I'm not sure about the slides that go with it though. I've copied & pasted the lyrics for those who can't watch You tube at work! Our patience will pay girls!

Are you down to your last ray of hope

Well they say that's the moment things turn around

Don't you give up the fight you can cope

You can be so amazingly strong

And you can't let go

You have come so far

And I know that it's been rough

But your patience has to pay

And it can't be soon enough

And if I could have my way

I would change your world

I'd change it right away

Are you down to your last drop of love

Even so you should give it away

Let it sail with your dreams to the sun

And return to you laden with promise

And you can't let go

I won't let you fall

I'd change it right away

And you're tired of chasing love

‘Cos it never seems to stay

I'd change it right away

Are you down to your last weary smile

So put it on now, and wear it with dignity

It's time to walk one more mile

Very soon there are going to be changes

Yes I know that it's been rough

Change it right away

There would not be a delay

I'd change it right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHVD_gQYlU

Beef
•Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams

Chicken
•Drumstick – 11 grams
•Wing – 6 grams

Fish

Pork

Eggs and Dairy
•Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams

Beans (including soy)
•Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams

Nuts and Seeds

Believe it or not spinach is high in protein and also for you vegetarians, quinoa is also a good source of protein.

Love quinoa!!! it is a complete protein and also has iron, calcium and other minerals and lots of fiber! One of nature's perfect foods!:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->