TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

my update.. dont remember what cycle day without doing the math but i am 2dpiui. doing iui with donor sperm and used femara (letrozole) this month..

so super auspicious day at work today. reading lots of ob ultrasounds, with lots of scary er visit early first trimester.. all happy, healthy, LIVING little babies. including one that was supposed to be a missed abortion that was normal. there are some days where it is sad scan one after another.. oh and performed my first hsg today.

that must be so hard for you.... Good luck and hope this month is your month!:flower:

I am finally home. What a grilling week. Seven flights (8th one was cancelled due to weather and had to drive home). I logged 68 hours this week and am very glad it is over.

My line:
Me 37 DH 37, TTC 1.5 years, DH sperm issues, using IUI with donor sperm

My longer update. So I get up Thursday and test before getting on my flight to California. I got a smiley face. Totally unexpected. I ovulated on CD 18 with clomid so I was thinking I had at least that long. This month, I ovulated on CD 16 without clomid. I got DH out of school and raced to the clinic to have our donor sperm inseminated. They normally do it the day after the smiley, but as I was about to get on the plane, that was not going to work out.

Now I am 2DPIUI. I have to really manage my hopes this month. Since we know DH has significant issues, this will be the first real chance for us to test my fertility. All of my numbers are good and I appear to ovulate normally and produce good eggs and good endometrial lining. Keep my fingers crossed, but do not want to be crushed.

HA--good luck for Monday. what a long weekend for you. 4/6 seems good--praying they are robust little fighters. I love that they sang to them. So funny.

I love all the furbaby pics. The swimming is so cute. My furbabies are Batman, Robin, and Kato. I need to get a pic of them--better than my creepy eye pic.

my update.. dont remember what cycle day without doing the math but i am 2dpiui. doing iui with donor sperm and used femara (letrozole) this month..

so super auspicious day at work today. reading lots of ob ultrasounds, with lots of scary er visit early first trimester.. all happy, healthy, LIVING little babies. including one that was supposed to be a missed abortion that was normal. there are some days where it is sad scan one after another.. oh and performed my first hsg today.

Looks like we are almost in the exact same spot. We did donor sperm IUI on Thursday. I have not heard of this femara. What is that? Best of luck to you!

Asry-what's the temperature with you now? Hopefully a bit warmer than -22!! I hope you get your BFP this month too!! :thumbup:

Good morning girls :coffee: Temp is this morning -18c :cold: but as I´m listening to Smooth FM 100,4 from UK they are saying it's -15 also somewhere in your big island :thumbup: anyhow it should warm up to somewhere -5 - 9 today so great!! Our pup gets to go for a long walk :happydance:

My line would be something like this:

Asryellah 35 oh 29, ttc 09/2010, unexplained, going towards IUI

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

I am going to not complain about our weather anymore. Yours is really cold! Glad you have your :coffee:.

big :hugs: and loves to everyone I haven't mentioned xxxx

AFM - 4 DPO and waiting patiently ( :haha: ) I think the weekend will be resty on saturday, household chores, laundry etc and then lunch and some shopping on sunday, it's dad's birthday on Monday so we will treat them to some nice food, and we have presents and big fat gooey chocolate cake to take round, and we are going to go find him so earphones so he can watch a dvd on his little portable player (becuse he starts chemo soon) all in all - quite a relaxing time and hopefully I won't be thinking about the tww!

anyone have any other nice plans for the weekend?? (I'm Liking Asry's candy bag!!)

I have plans to relax and order some Wonfo sticks! I am hoping they make my tww shorter as you can test sooner, but I already know how that goes. If you get a :bfn:, you just think it is too early so it doesnt really help. Week 1 of tww is not so bad, but that 1ww will kill you. Good luck.

Starting to feel like a real post hog :icecream:, but I have one more in me--sorry.

So I am out with my sister having dinner in Wednesday and she has her kids which includes her 4 month old miracle baby :baby: (natural conception without even trying after 18 years of infertility). This old man sees my sister with the baby and says "is that your granddaughter or grandson?". My sister says "it is my daughter". The old man says "you are old enough to quit that S*&t".

Are you kidding me! Can you believe someone would say that? My sister is 38--not the crypt keeper. My 10 year old niece was appalled that the man didnt know that is was a girl because of all the pink. Kids :dohh:

Starting to feel like a real post hog :icecream:, but I have one more in me--sorry.

So I am out with my sister having dinner in Wednesday and she has her kids which includes her 4 month old miracle baby :baby: (natural conception without even trying after 18 years of infertility). This old man sees my sister with the baby and says "is that your granddaughter or grandson?". My sister says "it is my daughter". The old man says "you are old enough to quit that S*&t".

Are you kidding me! Can you believe someone would say that? My sister is 38--not the crypt keeper. My 10 year old niece was appalled that the man didnt know that is was a girl because of all the pink. Kids :dohh:

:growlmad::growlmad::saywhat::gun::gun::grr::grr: Idiot!!!!!

dr squid - good luck!! I am crossing everything for you!! I hope this is your month :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Ipen - good luck to you too!! I am a complete twist with all my limb crossing at the moment :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and omg!! how rude was that man to your sister!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

asry - my goodness, -9 sounds positivety tropical!! :haha::haha: hope you enjoy all the heat :thumbup:

HA - I am doing a bit of positive vibe sending your way or at least in the direction of your embies - I hope they are growing big and strong xxxx

Daska - I think you have to do whatever helps you. I don't think you should think that because you had moments of doubt that that is why you didn't get your baby yet though. :hugs: It seems to me you are doing everything in your power to achieve this, so big loves to you xxx

Dwrgi - How's your saturday treating you?? does it feel exciting to have the weight of the thread on your shoulders ?? I hope not!! :haha::haha:

I am finally home. What a grilling week. Seven flights (8th one was cancelled due to weather and had to drive home). I logged 68 hours this week and am very glad it is over.

My line:
Me 37 DH 37, TTC 1.5 years, DH sperm issues, using IUI with donor sperm

My longer update. So I get up Thursday and test before getting on my flight to California. I got a smiley face. Totally unexpected. I ovulated on CD 18 with clomid so I was thinking I had at least that long. This month, I ovulated on CD 16 without clomid. I got DH out of school and raced to the clinic to have our donor sperm inseminated. They normally do it the day after the smiley, but as I was about to get on the plane, that was not going to work out.

Now I am 2DPIUI. I have to really manage my hopes this month. Since we know DH has significant issues, this will be the first real chance for us to test my fertility. All of my numbers are good and I appear to ovulate normally and produce good eggs and good endometrial lining. Keep my fingers crossed, but do not want to be crushed.

So to continue my profession inquiries, what do you do that has you flying so much? I'm guessing you're a flight attendant or pilot??

I'm so glad you got that smiley right before leaving and not right after! Just remember that if it doesn't happen this one month, it does not mean your fertility is in question - conception requires a million tiny different things all going exactly right, and if it doesn't happen this first month with donor sperm, that doesn't mean it won't ever happen.... A perfectly fertile couple (which, with donor sperm, you now are) has something like a 15-20% chance of conception each month, even with everything timed perfectly right. If you go back on clomid or femara (another oral drug that acts in the same way as clomid), it will increase your chances by producing more than one egg each month. In the meantime, just know that you're doing everything you can within your power to make it happen, and trust that it WILL happen at some point. :thumbup:

In the meantime, keeping my FX'd for you!!!!

Wow. Wow! What is it with old people that makes them think they are allowed to be rude?? But as your niece pointed out, if she was bathed in pink and he couldn't even tell it was a girl, clearly this was not the most intelligent creature on earth. Just your run-of-the-mill a$$hole.

Butterfly - are you having a lovely holiday?? I hope you are managing to get loads of rest and relaxation!! Im loving your "with caterpillar" title :haha:

Twinks - I love your new avatar! It makes me smile everytime I see it! :haha:

Missy - how are you doing? I was showing dh the pics of your furbabies last pm and he went completely gooey over them. He absolutely loves pugs and yours are so cute!

Thanks purple, it is more of a working/volunteering holiday! I am volunteering as a marshall for the golf event here - I normally will do a walk round with a group of players for 4 days but I was so tired on the first day I had to ask them to put me on a static post - so now I am sat on the seats at the 18th green watching everything :haha: In between that I am doing a bunch of paintings for a festival that is coming up and when that starts next thursday I will need to be out for 9 nights in a row until midnight :sleep: - not sure how I will cope with that!! So I've not managed to do much else yet!

:hugs::hugs:

big :hugs: to everyone else, Heavenly, LadyH, carole - any news on your doggy?, lava and skye and anyone Ive missed

afm - the house is clean and tidy except our smallest bedroom/office - it is a complete tip in there and my next project :wonky: now we are resting and waiting for my parents to pop over for tea :)

I also have to tell you about our other dog "Pickle" who has been a bit leaky :wacko: over the last few weeks, so we've been to the vets and apparently it's her age and hormones, so now we have a menopausal dog!! :fool:

Thanks purple, it is more of a working/volunteering holiday! I am volunteering as a marshall for the golf event here - I normally will do a walk round with a group of players for 4 days but I was so tired on the first day I had to ask them to put me on a static post - so now I am sat on the seats at the 18th green watching everything :haha: In between that I am doing a bunch of paintings for a festival that is coming up and when that starts next thursday I will need to be out for 9 nights in a row until midnight :sleep: - not sure how I will cope with that!! So I've not managed to do much else yet!

Oh my - just you make sure you don't overdo it!! and look after yourself :friends:

HA - I am doing a bit of positive vibe sending your way or at least in the direction of your embies - I hope they are growing big and strong xxxx

Thanks! I should hear from the clinic any moment now about what time my transfer is on Monday. I hope they can tell me something, anything about my embies when they call......

I am feeling loads better today - hardly any pain anymore. What's driving me crazy now is knowing I can't have sex for at least the next two weeks - why is it that when you know you can't have it, that's all you can think about?!?! :wacko::wacko:

Dashka, I so agree with your post! I visualise, but I don't actually BELIEVE that it will happen. I mentioned to me OH that we have been stressing about how to pay for another two cycles of IVF (this one being one of those two), and it occurred to me that it is a given in my mind that I will fail at this cycle. That it will never happen. I guess this is completely normal after so many disappointments, but it is hard to catch yourself and instantly correct your thoughts: I do deserve to be a mum, and I WILL be a mother. I suppose in my heart, I am protecting myself from failure, but I know that with IVF and any conception strategy, you have to be really 'on board' and committed to it 100%. My OH has that book, I might dig it out, but, I have to say, that I do find a lot of self help books quite frustrating-you have to have the time to sit and work at the exercises, and because I have been so dejected about this whole business for so long, I have the concentration span of a gnat and can't finish anything. Maybe I'll get OH to read it and tell me the parts that are salient to me.

Currently I'm reading 'The Baby Making Bible' by Emma Cannon and I am DETERMINED to finish it. She runs a fertility clinic in London and on her wall she has a huge sign saying, 'Expect a Miracle' i.e. don't give up on your dreams, and I really like that mantra. I can remember it easily and is open to any interpretation really!

Anyway, enough wittering. Hope you're having a good weekend and I hope you get your miracle soon!
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks! I should hear from the clinic any moment now about what time my transfer is on Monday. I hope they can tell me something, anything about my embies when they call......

I am feeling loads better today - hardly any pain anymore. What's driving me crazy now is knowing I can't have sex for at least the next two weeks - why is it that when you know you can't have it, that's all you can think about?!?! :wacko::wacko:

You saucy minx you!!! :kiss::kiss:

I am on pins for you hun, and know that you will hear good news. Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit more comfortable!

Go Happy, Go Happy Go Happy! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

What a stupid plonker! This is a similar story but non fertility. I was browsing around a DIY store with my brother when I was doing my house up. I really enjoy DIY and can do most things, bar electrics and plastering (I'm a brilliant tiler, even if I say it myself! :blush:). Anyway, I picked up this drill, and this old geezer with an old man's hat on his head, turned to me and said 'Do you know what that's for?' God, I almost chased him out of the store with it on full power!! Men, especially, are complete drongos. And I'm going to use the same emoticon as lovely Butterfly:

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Glad to hear from you our very own Pili Pala (Butterfly in Welsh)! I shall pm you shortly.. But, huge hugs to you and you TAKE IT EASY!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anybody seen 'Descendants' with George Clooney? Went to see it last night-good but a slow burner. Wouldn't recommend that anybody RUSH to see it, per se, but good to get the old brain cells going. However, did I say that I saw 'The Artist' last week? Flippin' brilliant-now I'd recommend that to anybody!

Okay, Film 2012 over and done with for now :haha:.

Over and out girls, and lots of happy happy baby vibes to us all!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->