TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

dwrig, how cute! I love Betsy Boo! And thank for recommending the Emma Cannon book. I think I'm going to check it out. Lately I've been reading everything I can get my hands on as far as fertility and also nutrition.

Asry, I really hope AF doesn't show for you! Mine is due to rear her ugly head on Friday.

Carole, what an awful time! People are just so rude. I don't understand.

LadyH, dreams can be so real. Especially the bad dreams. It sucks that those are the ones that we always remember.

Purple, we did have a great time in the city. It was so cold though! The coldest its been all winter!

HA, best of luck today! Its really a peice of cake. I know you'll do great!

AFM, we had a nice time up in the city. We went and had a nice dinner and then did some shopping. They have an awsome tea store there and I was in heaven. I spent $85 on loose teas! But I know they'll last me a while. The weather was awful though. It was so cold and it snowed. We were right on the harbor so the wind was brutal! Oh, I also got DH a flight lesson on a Cessna for V-day. He was very surprised. I just figured with the rollercoaster year we had last year and the ups and downs of emotions I've had, its good to get him something exciting and fun to do. He rides a motorcycle and likes fast cars. He's a bit of an adrenalin junky so that's right up his ally.

thanks guys.. it is funny i decided to be paranoid this cycle and not go to the gym then last night i went to a concert (social distortion) and spent an hour and half completely crushed against a barricade (to the extent i thought i might break a rib, pelvis was well away from the barricade ). not really a great plan, but.. it was a good concert. and hey, didnt get my heart rate up. backs of my arms are bruised but so far that is it. hope all of you are having a great weekend.. oh and totally recommend checking out Frank Turner, fabulous musician and showman.. especially his songs "i wont sit down" and "the road" totally stuck in my head

OMG, hope you're okay? Were you right at the front? You rocker, you!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

dwrgi- heh yeah im fine. boobs got totally squished and the back of both upper arms are black and blue. i stayed away from the pit, im too old for that crap now but it was fun as a kid. i know myself and if id stayed at the back idve spent the whole show wishing i was at the front.. there were moments when i figured it was a bad plan and wondered how to get out.. but at least i wasnt 1 or 2 people back, i had something to hold on to and big guys on both sides to duck under when the crowd surfers went by (only got my head sat on twice but luckily by small girls).

Hi ladies - totally selfish post coming up here, but my brain is so full of what we've just been through that I can't remember everything I've just read (except that I'm really glad Carole and drsquid are ok! yowza!!).

As always, the full story is in my journal, but the short version is that DH and I had an almost nightmarishly stressful weekend, thinking about the big decision that would have to be made today - how many embryos to transfer - and having to consider that decision in the complete absence of any info from the lab that could give us any insight as to how many we'd have today or what their quality might be. In the end we decided we really wanted to minimize the risk of twins, and based on the studies we could find, we felt we'd be good candidates for an elective single blastocyst transfer if we had more than one good-quality blast.

Of our four fertilized eggs, I had hoped we'd have two blasts today. I really didn't think any more than two would survive this long. But we found out we had three!!! One is very good quality, one is good quality but a little bit slow to develop, and one is ok quality and slow to develop. After discussing it with the dr, we decided to put the very good blastie back and freeze the other two. They'll watch the other two overnight and as long as they don't arrest or degenerate, they'll be frozen in the morning. If we don't get pregnant on this cycle, we'll follow up with a frozen transfer. The dr said he had no reservations whatsoever about putting back just one, and the cost of a frozen transfer is pennies compared to the cost of twins.

So there you have it! I'm spending the rest of the day on the couch - DH doesn't even want me to fold the load of laundry that's in the dryer! :haha: I'm relieved that we've made it this far... now I just need to hear good news in the morning that both our extras are still alive and will be frozen, and then I need to make it to Feb 23 - beta day! I hope you can put up with all my anxiety a little longer!! :wacko:

xoxoxoxoxo

Hi ladies - totally selfish post coming up here, but my brain is so full of what we've just been through that I can't remember everything I've just read (except that I'm really glad Carole and drsquid are ok! yowza!!).

As always, the full story is in my journal, but the short version is that DH and I had an almost nightmarishly stressful weekend, thinking about the big decision that would have to be made today - how many embryos to transfer - and having to consider that decision in the complete absence of any info from the lab that could give us any insight as to how many we'd have today or what their quality might be. In the end we decided we really wanted to minimize the risk of twins, and based on the studies we could find, we felt we'd be good candidates for an elective single blastocyst transfer if we had more than one good-quality blast.

Of our four fertilized eggs, I had hoped we'd have two blasts today. I really didn't think any more than two would survive this long. But we found out we had three!!! One is very good quality, one is good quality but a little bit slow to develop, and one is ok quality and slow to develop. After discussing it with the dr, we decided to put the very good blastie back and freeze the other two. They'll watch the other two overnight and as long as they don't arrest or degenerate, they'll be frozen in the morning. If we don't get pregnant on this cycle, we'll follow up with a frozen transfer. The dr said he had no reservations whatsoever about putting back just one, and the cost of a frozen transfer is pennies compared to the cost of twins.

So there you have it! I'm spending the rest of the day on the couch - DH doesn't even want me to fold the load of laundry that's in the dryer! :haha: I'm relieved that we've made it this far... now I just need to hear good news in the morning that both our extras are still alive and will be frozen, and then I need to make it to Feb 23 - beta day! I hope you can put up with all my anxiety a little longer!! :wacko:

xoxoxoxoxo

Have just replied in your journal, but wanted to say hi to you here too! Enjoy those M&Ms!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Missy – yeah, rural MD isn’t too much fun is it? :mamafy: I lived in the middle of the triangle of Annapolis, Baltimore & Washington, DC so definitely had a suburban city life & know exactly what you are talking about! Honolulu, why oh why did you move from THERE?! :shipw: Hang in there, girl…

Dashka – I started to read The Secret, but have to keep going with it (or watch it on Netflix). Being positive & changing how you think is so darn hard, isn’t it? It’s a downfall for me & I have to work on that, too. You WILL get pregnant before your 40th birthday! :winkwink:

Dwrgi – LOVE it! I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to use that one, too – as well as this one: :flasher: :)rofl:) When would one use a flasher icon? Hmmm... (guess we’re both immature!) :baby: Although, I think that Purple is probably the Queen of Icon World – she gets some great ones (Village People). You are doing great w/the thread :thumbup: :coolio:

Purple - Hi & hope you kept your mind busy this past weekend! Just say "no"! :haha:

Ipen – OK, so we were all wrong about your career – the intrigue got to us. I had no idea that clinical research had so many hours! But, it sounds like a very interesting job?

Butterfly – Hope you are feeling better & doing well. Take it easy there, mama!:kiss: (looks like a butterfly...)

Carole – You have such an awesome story. You & Butterfly need to tell your stories to us once a month to keep our spirits up & hope alive, OK? ;-) But your Dubai experience was an awful story! I cannot believe that!? Those people deserve to be :gun:!!!!!!

Asry – darn that AF! So sorry darlin… When I get my AF, I sometimes have to wallow in a glass or 2 of wine – like areward for going through yet another month. Pick your poison (choc, caffeine, etc) & go for it! :muaha:

Lady H – My weekend was hectic Saturday, busy & then relaxing Sunday, but very cold. This morning was 44 degrees – brrr! :cold: I know it doesn’t sound quite that bad to everyone else, but did I mention we have no heat? Sounds like yours wasn’t so great w/that preg nightmare – I’m sorry. :nope: They can seem so real sometimes & freak you out. Hoping tonight’s dreams :sleep: are sweet O:) to wipe out those bad ones!

DrSquid – you wild n crazy lady! You be careful! I used to go into the pit myself. I’ll never forget my friend (at 17) went into the pit 8 months preg & came out with a black eye. God gave her 4 more kids after that! LOL. (Thought: Maybe we all need to try being totally irresponsible :yipee: next???) :haha::winkwink:

HA – So glad you had 3!!! How wonderful! :happydance: You made the right decision. Now, sit back, relax, bundle up warm, eat some chocolate, have a wine (or buspar) & watch a really good movie! You’ve been through a lot, so try to take it easy if you can… And keep us posted about the other 2... FX :hugs:

AFM –still trying to get my house in order (we moved back into our newly-renovated house 1.5 weeks ago) but its really cold in here b/c no heat & we gave our old space heaters to charity. Gonna cuddle up w/DH & do a movie tonight. But, AF very strange (TMI alert?) – AF came 17DPO (usual LP 14 days), gushed worse than ever (except MC) for 2 days & now nothing. (?) Oh well… I don’t wanna know at this point…

Hi to anyone else I missed! :hi: & lots of :hug:

HA--great news. what an emotional roller coaster. good news about 3. now you can relax.

clinical research is interesting. the goal is to get a work from home and little travel job. i am going to have to take a transitional position to get there, but i think i will.

going good for me today. sore breasts since yesterday. trying not to read into that, but it is very hard.

funny about the positive thinking. ive actually been pretty happy in the negative thinking this month. ie it didnt work etc etc. made the days go faster kinda like when i wasnt trying because.. why agonize, it didnt work etc. now im falling back into the " of course im pregnant" thing i was in last month, which made it so hard

i cannot figure out why fertility friend is still saying ovulation not detected. :shrug:

+OPK on CD15 with a temp drop. Temp up on CD16, CD17, CD 18. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I still want my crosshairs. :brat:

HA - what great news you had :happydance: and you totally relax now and get your mind off from stress you had. You sound happy :flower: maybe you should play some more of Marvin Gaye? :winkwink: :hugs::hugs::hugs: now just take it easy :sleep:

LilSluz - your writing is so good and fun to read, really enjoy it :haha: Hope you don't catch a cold, put on some wool socks for the night. Don't the chinese infertility guides say that you should keep your blood warm :thumbup:

purple -how are you girl?:hugs:

Happy Valentines to you all lovely ladies :kiss:

xoxoxoxoxo

WOOHOO HA that is amazing news, those eggs must be amazing to have 3 blasts.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers every day honey willing this one to stick like glue. Come on blasty !!!!!

:kiss:Hi Ladies and Happy Valentines day to you all:kiss:

I didn't get a chance to pop on here yesterday - sooo busy, but I am catching up and wanted to say...

Woohoo!! HA - 3 eggs :happydance::happydance::happydance: that's wonderful news. I am now sending positive thoughts and sticky :dust: to your little blasty. you should try and take it easy now and we'll all keep everything crossed for you xxxx

Ill be back in a bit to write some morexx

Dwrgi - I love the name Betsi - It's beautiful. maybe this is an omen for ivf!! I really really hope so xx

Ipenn - sometimes FF does it's own thing! have you a link to your chart, we could have a peek for you if you like.

Dr squid - so glad you are ok, what a crush that must have been. a year or two ago I went to see "counting crows" with DH - it was awesome!! I need to look and see what's around that we could go see :)

Asry - bah for that witch!! I was really hoping she 'd not visit this month for you :hugs:

Twinkle - are you ok hun?? hope so xx

Carole - Im crossing fingers that you may still find your little doggie at the market :hugs:

Lilsluz - how are you doing chick? i hope your ok xxx

missy - it sounds you had a lovely tip out! so happy you had fun, but sorry it was so cold. wow a flying lesson for DH -that sounds fab!

ladyH sorry to hear about your horrible dream, it's the bad ones that make us unsettled which we remember :hugs:

Butterfly - I watched some golf on tv the other night and thought of you, it looked warm and sunny and is in the middle east area (which is where I think you are) so perhaps I even saw you!!!

Hello and Happy valentine's Day to all you wonderful ladies! (We celebrated with our own Welsh valentine on January 25th-Santes Dwynwen, so weird to think it's nothing to do with me now!!!).

Anyway, hope you are all well (I too am wondering if you're okay, Twinks!).

Me and OH are off for a few days to my favourite place in the world, Pembrokeshire (check it out: https://www.newportlinks.co.uk) so will try and post but if not, hope you all have a good week and lots and lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: to you all!

Now, mowah mwoah dahlings! (Happy A-get back on that sofa!!)
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Big :hugs: to everyone Ive not mentioned yet - including but not limited to... lava, never, northstar, luv (are you ok - hows the house sale?) manuiti - (you said about c0q10 - i got mine in a "drugstore" the kind that sells all kinds of stuff, it's just in with vitamins so you may find it if you have similar where you are) and everyone xxx

AFM - cd8 and I haven't tested :hehe: I felt a bit crampy yesterday and thought perhaps it was all over - but so far so good.

also poor DH was woken several times in the night by the bleep of my basal body thermometer - I keep it on the bedside table and as soon as the alarm goes off in the morning I stick it under my tongue, its very routine now - apparently in my sleep I was repeatedly checking my temp during the night though! :rofl: :rofl: I have only a vague recollection of beeping noises! DH said he spoke to me on a few occasions and I didn't answer so he left me to it, since I wasn't choking or anything. that's probably a sign that BBT checking has become "too routine"

Me and OH are off for a few days to my favourite place in the world, Pembrokeshire (check it out: https://www.newportlinks.co.uk) so will try and post but if not, hope you all have a good week and lots and lots of :dust::dust::dust:to you all!

Just had a squiz at the website - now that looks fab!! have a wonderful few days! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->