TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi ladies,
I'm new to this forum. Im just turned 40 and we have been trying to conceive No1 since October 2011. We got pg first month trying with no planning just a guess at o etc. I mc at 7 weeks or so and since then have not had any bfps at all. I had been gettig down about this as the only way i coped after mc was by thinking we would be be pg again. But no. Used OPK this month and still no bfp but im not sure if i o'd at all, as very little ewcm and two surges on different days on test sticks. So I'm thinking it was just one of those months that you dont o!!
Onwards and upwards though- im looking to increase my arsenal of aids!! LOL- i take pregnacare and omega 3 and use opk's but thinking i may take grapefruit juice and soy etc this time ? any advice ladies?? DH takes multi vit and omega 3 too.

Just wanted to thank you ladies for the idea that every new cycle is another opportunity to get youself healthy - I really needed some PMA and I'm now going to focus on taking all my vitamins and eating lots of fruit & veggies!

Welcome Winnki - sorry for your loss - the ladies here are very wise, supportive and give great advice!

Winnki - Sorry for your loss. Welcome. Looks like you have a good plan. Someone posted on a other forum about some tea. Not sure. I do the grapefruit juice and prenatals a must for me too and iron supplements ( I am anemic though). I just mc too. I think a good work up from your doctor (blood test for hormone levels re: pregnancy..progesterone, estrogen etc.), semen analysis, and possibly seeing doctor to just make sure everything is in good working condition. Good Luck!!! It took my attorney one year to get pregnant and my cousin 2 years. It just takes time sometimes. :hugs:

DrS & Dashka – Oh, I hope :af: stays away!:growlmad: FX...

Asry – WOW – that’s totally awesome if they can do it Friday?! :yipee: That’s really fast! Keep us posted…

Purple – when do you get your bloods done?

HA & Purple – stay chillaxed :smug::coffee: as you can ladies. I think stress :wacko: is probably worse than caffeine, alcohol & cigs, so you two just be cool cats :coolio:… (meow)

Ipen – so glad for the new job – less hours/stress/traveling I hope? :thumbup:

Dwrgi – if you are going nuts over a latino perfume ad, you would love Miami! :drool::bodyb: Love the icon!

Missy – hope you are doing well, now :flower:

Butterfly – I hope you are hanging in there. I know it hasn’t hit yet, but the anticipation & not knowing if/when/how is very tough.:nope:

Oh Frolicky – I think the :wine: & :finger: go quite well together! i give you a 10 out of 10 for that one...

Hi to Never, Carole, Twinkle, Pennyb & all of you wonderful, loving & caring ladies! :hugs:

AFM, getting ready to go to MIL's - lucky me.:nope: DH is ready to BD every day now that he may have to take a man-test. :haha: But my cycle is a little strange this month. Pulling out all the CM tricks, too - gf juice, pH balancing, EPO & even Robitussin, but nothing showing up yet. Well, I've been officially :ban: from Robitussin by DH, anyway. Apparently it made me :loopy::drunk: last night so it was like I was "on drugs". So? :rofl: (some people have to take all the fun out of everything!)

I agree w/Dashka – this is the bestestest thread! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I agree with all the above and second LilSluz's comments to everyone. (OK, I know it's totally a lazy thing to do...lay off...I just mc. ;)

LilSluz - I am in northern PBC. I need to try and be a little private though because I am a little paranoid someone might recognize my story and details found out which I guess I don't want to get around too much. The weather has been nice. I usually do yoga and exercise but the last three nights all I want to do is have a glass of wine and take a bath. Tonight I took a bath and was shaving my legs and looking at my body and thinking about Tella's quote "If you don't believe in miracles, perhaps you have forgotten that you are one." We are all miracles. Our bodies, the way they move and how complex they are. I was thinking about how lucky my mother was to carry me to full term and that I have lived this long and have a good life. What more can a parent ask for? Truly a blessing! I hope I get a blessing like that. :hugs: to everyone!!! I love you guys!! OK, group :hug: :hugs:

I'm totally on board w/the privacy thing. Just nice to know someone is in my general area going thru similar things. :thumbup: (not that I'm glad you're here, but you know what I mean...)

Girl, going thru mc is so physically & emotionally taxing - you have your :wine: & :shower: & whatever else makes you feel good right now.:hugs:

You are right - we are all living miracles & miracles happen every single day in lots of different ways! :flower:

Somehow I just saw this post for the first time!! :hugs: Thanks!!!! :flower:

Hi Winnki and welcome to the thread :flower:
I am so sorry about your loss! I think one thing to bear to mind is that your body has shown you CAN get pregnant and that should be a little reassurring maybe. I had a MC in August and Ive just had a bfp this month, so sometimes it can take a little while.
the ladies here are fab though and you'll get loads of support
I wondered if you are taking basal body temps?? if you are unsure about ovulation....I started doing it cos my cycle were a bit irregular and I think's it definitely helped - you can loads of information about (free) at fertilityfriend.com

Hi ladies - hope you're having a good night.... Thanks for your notes - my ticker automatically went to CD1 today because I didn't reset it when I was late..... but it knew because.......

...... the dreaded AF arrived tonight!!!! In full force around 3:30pm today... I am actually not too down about it.... I was getting worried something weird was happening... My ND assures me that it's a good thing that my cycles are getting longer - My luteal phase went from 12 days to 13 days the past 2 cycles.... It was just the weird spotting for 1.5 days and it looked so different that caught me off guard. She sees it as all positive, and that my hormones are adjusting for the better.

This is another opportunity for my body to get even stronger to carry a baby.... I am trying to see the positive in this... I know it's going to happen when it's right. "Expect a miracle" right Dwrgi!
Looking forward to getting this one over with and have a good feeling about next month!!

Good luck to all of you and thanks for your wishes.....
Hope you are feeling ok and BIG HUGS to you all.....
Good night!

Hi ladies,
I'm new to this forum. Im just turned 40 and we have been trying to conceive No1 since October 2011. We got pg first month trying with no planning just a guess at o etc. I mc at 7 weeks or so and since then have not had any bfps at all. I had been gettig down about this as the only way i coped after mc was by thinking we would be be pg again. But no. Used OPK this month and still no bfp but im not sure if i o'd at all, as very little ewcm and two surges on different days on test sticks. So I'm thinking it was just one of those months that you dont o!!
Onwards and upwards though- im looking to increase my arsenal of aids!! LOL- i take pregnacare and omega 3 and use opk's but thinking i may take grapefruit juice and soy etc this time ? any advice ladies?? DH takes multi vit and omega 3 too.

Welcome Winnki! I too got BFP 1st month - barely even started trying, then lost it at 7 wks. I thought, thats OK, this was really easy. That was over a year ago. But, I can't say I was even as far into as you are - waited 11 mos before doing temps/charting, so took it slow (so don't think its going to take you that long).

But, I've learned so much on this forum & the ladies are wonderful, so hopefully you can start temping/charting to figure out your ov cycle, get tests &/or figure out whats going on otherwise. A few of us do the gf juice, Omega-3's, Evening Primrose Oil & some of us do acupuncture. There's more, but perhaps the other ladies can assist (I'm still learning things here).

G/L to you!:flower:

Whoa! How did that happen? Somehow I got Dashka's quote in there???? Sorry - ignore that 1st quote! (weird)

LilSluz - Where are you at? What is your status?

Dashka - Sorry about :witch: but yes, it's better to be able to move forward a.s.a.p. :hugs: I am only a day ahead of you...CD1 and have scan on Thursday to see if I am cooking an egg. Keep us posted. Looks like we may be in the TWW together. :dust: :dust:

Good question - I have no idea. :haha:

I'm CD15, no +OPK (doing twice day for last 2 days & will cont until +), but EWCM + temps already dropped dramatically & then rose back up. Last month ov on CD18 & the month before CD28 (but that was after HSG). But, having allergy/sinus issues & nausea, so may have a touch of something affecting my temps. So, I guess where I am right now is a state of confusion - an all-too-familiar place for me! :winkwink:

I'm going to just keep doing my fertile window thing for another few days & we'll see - I'll keep you updated :thumbup:. I am really, really hoping to get my "special 24-hour pee-pee hormone tests" back (finally) from my naturopath today at my acup session. Fx... :confused::shrug: TBC...

You doing OK today? :flower:

woke up with a headache and queasy. still neg hpt (though i may not have left it long enough, i was running late, it may have been less than 5 min). still crampy day 16piui. at 9 i think ill call the doc and ask for a beta.

woke up with a headache and queasy. still neg hpt (though i may not have left it long enough, i was running late, it may have been less than 5 min). still crampy day 16piui. at 9 i think ill call the doc and ask for a beta.

Oh good luck!!! Fingers crossed for you!:flower:

Hi ladies,

HI Winnki.... welcome!!! so sorry about your loss.... this is a great place -you'll be addicted to it before you know it...
Soy is very controversial - my ND told me it's actually not great for fertility (depending on what your hormones are like)... I don't eat it as much anymore.
Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon!

beta drawn. ill know the afternoon. if it is neg... i better start bleeding before monday or next cycle is screwed

Dashka - Just wanted to send a quick note to you. I've also heard that the longer LP is better as the 12day LP is the shortest/borderline that you want it to be. So, it sounds to me like that progesterone cream is working & you are getting a longer LP – yay!!!!! :happydance:

But, I know exactly how you feel about AF - I was at 17DPO when she came last month (?) so I was just glad she arrived. You hate her, but if there's not going to be a preg, you want her back again asap. So, I guess I wanted to say "sorry about AF" & "happy you got AF" all at the same time!? :wacko:

I'm glad that you are thinking like you do. I think the same way - bummed for a moment, but then excited that I am going to be SO MUCH STRONGER & HEALTHIER :thumbup: next month b/c I have more things to do & try! Each month, you get a little healthier, a little more balanced & add just a few more things on the “need-to-do/try” list & learn a little more than you learned last month. Worse comes to worst, you might get a BFN, but you have gained so much - you're healthier, more balanced, stronger & more educated. :winkwink::flower:

Sending :hugs::hugs::hugs: your way!

Happy Friday to all the beautiful, wonderful BNB ladies! :happydance::hugs::thumbup::flower:

Absolutely Lilsluz!!! you go girl!!!:winkwink::thumbup:
thanks ... yes a longer LP is better for sure... I don't think it's the natural progesterone though as I started using the cream over a uear ago. Perhaps it's the spleen tonic tea I'm having and the yoga and positive thinking.... hmmmmmm.....Now if I could just ovulate later that would be even better too. I usually see the opk surge on Day 11 and ov. Day 12.

A new month - another chance!!!

Frolicky - hope you are well... yes we are very close - I'm actually Day 2 today -My ND (who specializes in fertility) said if your RED flow arrives before 4pm that you should count that as Day 1.... If it arrives after that you should count next day as Day 1.

For those who may be interested -there is a GREAT BOOK called "the Whole Person Fertility Program" by Niravi Payne.... I read it 8 years ago and just recently picked it up again to read.... It's all about working through why pregnancy isn't happening for you (emotional issues, beliefs , plus experiences that you may not even remember from your childhood and even working through M/C etc... I would recommend it !

Hope you ladies are having a great day and have an awesome weekend!!

Hello Lovely Ladies, trying to catch up quick, did not BnB yesterday as took Mum & Dad to see Buddy Holly and the Cricketers locally. Mum loved it and was shouting "we love you BUDDY" which was a bit embarrassing as we were sat in the front row (she does know he died in the 50's really I hope :wacko:)! My hormones must be readying for O as I fancied Buddy quite a bit!!! :haha::blush:

So I had a quick read to try and catch up and would love to name check you all but am off to the cinema to see Lady in Black shortly (look at me trying to sound like a social Butterfly)! :winkwink:

I slipped and ate a HUGE Scone with lashings of Jam and Clotted Cream so thick you could see my teeth marks in it! :shhh: I felt so guilty after I almost went and sat on reception next to the Defibrilator as I was convinced I would suffer an instant heart attack.....god it was GOOOOD though! :thumbup:

Have a great weekend all welcome Winnki :hugs: I will post properly tomorrow :thumbup:

Lady H - I want to spend the weekend with you - Clotted Cream & The Lady in Black sounds fab!

Lady H - I want to spend the weekend with you - Clotted Cream & The Lady in Black sounds fab!

Lol c'mon down! Girlie night in at my Besties tomorrow, too much red wine Chilli Con Carne and chick flicks ( usually Footloose, Siding Doors, SATC, Ghost etc etc till you fall asleep or pass out)! Not good for health but sod it!! :happydance::happydance:

OMG Lady H, sounds fabulous!

FX'd DrS!!

Winnki, I'm glad you found us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back