TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

HA - A girlfriend recently said that with IVF they should be able to test the quality of the eggs? I'm hoping still for you!!!

Oh noooooooo HA!! I'm so sad for you... I hope you still have a chance.... I am praying for you with all limbs crossed.... BIG hugs:nope::nope::hugs::hugs:

Lilsluz - hang in there...:hugs: Funny - I had a discussion this morning with my ND about LPD and she says she doesn't think I have it (although I thought I did)... she thinks my problem may be egg quality (although don't know how someone with a good diet, doesn't smoke or drink could have not good quality)...but age I guess... But I've been trying for 10 years so I don't think when I first starting trying age or egg quality was my problem. Because I ovulate usually day 12 (last 2 months it was day 13) we are trying to stretch that out longer.... because the earlier you ovulate the worse the egg quality. I am still doing natural progesterone cream 2X/day because she thinks I am a little deficient in that and the natural cream doesn't hurt anyway to maintain a pregnancy just in case you need it. If you're interested in it I got it from www.naturalfertilityinfo.com and the brand is "Fertilica".....It comes in a pump so it dispenses the exact amount you need. The girl Heather on there knows her stuff and she has lots of demo videos on the importance of progesterone and how to apply it etc.... Just thought I'd share in case you were interested.

I hope you get some answers soon and hope you follow through with what feels right for you.:flower:

Dr.S - so sorry to hear that the beta was neg......:nope::hugs::hugs:

Ipen -You are not alone!! I totally agree about the lack of desire to :sex: .... I only want to for 2-3 times/month (usually at ov).... My DH works such long hours -he is always exhausted and I feel like it's never spontaneous ever....:dohh: We've also been married for 12 years (and TTC for 10 yrs).... but I never thought it would be like this. When I read on another thread that those younger girls are getting busy like every day - I think Oh God -to be young again.. I think we've just associated :sex: with making babies and "TRYING".... infact I even say "trying" when I talk to my DH about :sex: I have to remember to use a new phrase like "getting it on" or sometimes he says "you want to get jiggy"?:winkwink: I have to stop saying the word "trying"... that takes the fun out of it...:dohh:

I hope you are not out of the game yet this month? Has AF arrived? :hugs:

I just found this and thought we could all use it.

https://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/about/

HA pulling for you. Maybe a fluke?

Frolicky thankss for always bringing the fun. Laughter =sanity.

Thanks for helping me feel normal about lack of :sex: desire. If BD were a person I would BTSOOH for not worrking right.

No AF for me yet, but CM has made a comeback which is typical for before af. My temp was back to 98.4 again today. It has been 48 hours without progesterone so something should happen soon.

bad news today. :nope: Betas only went from 113 to 127. It's over.

They're going to check it again on Monday - if it's still slowly rising they'll start scanning me to make sure it isn't ectopic. But I highly doubt that's the case. I think lil' Marvin was just no good and I am destined to be miserable.

Oh no HA!!! I'm so sorry! :cry::cry::cry:

But, I'm also not-so-secretly holding out a little hope that it could be a fluke? You never know...please keep us updated & sending you tons of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: & I'm saying lots of prayers [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Dashka - thank you for the prog info! :thumbup: I have copied the prog cream info into my Notes (for this month, DAM? (Dr. of Alt Med) is getting me some special kind). But really great to know/confirm the prog cream won't harm me, so that plan will go fwd :thumbup::flower::hugs:

Frolicky - thanks for IVF Dr info - I copied into my Notes file, as well. I haven't actually gone anywhere but an OBGYN & my DAM Dr. (love that). But a great RE in Boca did my HSG. I only met him that 1 time but he was so nice, funny & helpful & I heard really great things about him from the other girls there & today I learned that a friend's wife goes there so I will prob start there? If the wait is too long, however, I may go to the 1 you recommended.:hugs:

Loved the site, too.:laugh2: If I didn't have my sense of humor I would have been committed :wacko: by now for sure, so I'll have to visit this site (often):

"- You will be jealous of anything that gets pregnant It won’t matter if it’s a pregnant dog, cat, fish or Barbie Doll..." :rofl:

HA sorry to hear that. I have everything crossed for you. Sending big hugs.

LilSluz - Is the guy's website bocafertility or something? We met with him too. Good Luck!!!

Yep, Im in exact same boat, age 38 & just about to start trying to conceive number 1. Really hope it doesnt take too long, dont want to start getting stressed about it.

HA - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I just want everything to be be be ok for you

DRsquid - I am so sorry :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Ladies - I am sorry to be missing the whole weekend, I have missed you all!! I will catch up properly tomorrow, I feel so sad about HA just now.

Big Loves to all xxxxx

HA - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I just want everything to be be be ok for you

DRsquid - I am so sorry :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Ladies - I am sorry to be missing the whole weekend, I have missed you all!! I will catch up properly tomorrow, I feel so sad about HA just now.

Big Loves to all xxxxx

Purple, please can I just ditto your quote, too sad to add anything else at the moment.

HA. I'm so sorry. But I refuse to believe it until there is confirmation honey. I just can't--I can only think positively right now and hope the best for Marvin.

My heart was already pained by some sad news from a friend. My girlfriend announced her pregnancy at our monthly organizational meeting back in November (I think she was about 3 months). Anyhoo, yesterday she says that the reason she's not sure how much she'll be able to help out with the fundraiser this year is because the doctors tell her that there are a lot of complications with her pg, they're going to deliver her baby in early March (she's due in June I think). They give her baby a 50-50 chance. I was sooooo emotional when she was telling us. And that was hard not to break down in tears because my mother was sitting right next to me and she doesn't know I'm PG. I asked to speak with my friend outside. I told her how hard I would be praying for her and the baby, and I revealed to her that I was PG and I was always thinking our two could be playmates. I just wanted her to know that there was someone in the room who could emphathize a bit with what she must be feeling emotionally. She said this is the first time since she got the news that she can talk about it without breaking down, as she has let go and remains prayerful that God is in control of this and that her baby can be OK. She's a little younger than us on 35+ but she and DH have struggled to have a baby, and now this. She was happy I told her about my PG, and she had us bump our bellies together for good fortune. Gosh, I'm crying now just thinking about it. WHY is this simple thing of having a baby SO HARD for so many of us? I just don't understand it. :cry:

Anyway, I just wanted to share because we understand how hard it is for her. I just want us all to have healthy babies. I really do.

I read a quote in a book I just finished and it basically said "Evil lies in the inability to "see" others, hence to empathize with them (in other words people who can not empathize with others). What is frightening is that this blindness can exist in the best of us as well as the worst of us." Empathy seems so challenging for some. The miscarriage I just experienced made me realize how important it is to allow people to feel sad when they need to feel sad and to be there for them. We all need a shoulder to cry on every now and then. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I did not mean to diminish anyones pain by posting that blog regarding the 999 ways to laugh at infertility. I do have empathy, I just read it and wanted to share.

:hugs: to you all!! March is just around the corner. I am scared about the future but I have courage to face tomorrow whatever it may bring. :flower:

Frolicky - Boca Fert - yes! Small world.

I always worry & I hope I don't seem insensitive posting that funny quote yest (or anything funny any day), either. For me, when I am at my worst, saddest, look like a train wreck, feel worse, I can be in the ER, all in pain & gimped up & still crack a funny. Matter of fact, when I gave the eulogy for my mom's untimely passing at 51 a few yrs ago, I had the whole church cracking up by the end of my speech. And that was a very tragic & sudden death.

Theres nothing wrong with trying to cheer up a group of women/people who have all seemed to go thru the ringer - alone & together. I think it would be 1 thing if you were like TTC at 19 & didn't go thru what you did, but you are there w/us at 35+, TTC #1 & have been thru the ringer yourself! So have I & many others. I think a lot of us just try to grasp at anything positive, funny, etc we can b/c the alternative is sheer depression, sadness & despair. You do have to feel the sadness, but you also have to reach for any light that shines in the dark, too -even if its just a little tiny spark...

Thats how I feel anyway & I welcome any spark I can get at this point...

My little sister is in college, 19 & just went to the ER for severe stomach pain & vomiting. We just found out today she had ectopic preg. & had m/c. She didn't even know she was preg. Thank God she did m/c or she could have died - thats very scary

I feel helpless - I'm 4 hrs away from her & she's 12 hours away from the rest of our family... :(

Oh man!!!! LilSluz- She must feel scared!!! Sending her healing, compassionate, loving vibes~~~~~~~~ and to you too!! So sorry!!!!!!!!!

Nikki - thats such a very heartwrenching story about your friend! :( That would be my worst nightmare.

I, too, wish that every single one of us on here will be on some mommy's forum one day talking about how little Jr/Jr-ette is doing & talking about the 'ole TTC days...

Luv & babydust to all you wonderful ladies! And prayers for HA right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->