TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey Ladies, I'm relatively new to this site and have posted on a couple of topics. My DH and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years. In July I had a chemical pregnancy and have not had a BFP since. We've had all the test done and everything seems to be fine with both of us. I find it difficult to think about anything else. Today I had a breakdown of uncontrollable of tears and frustration. We had an unsuccessful IUI last month. I find out people around me are pregnant almost weekly and it depresses me so much. Someday's I feel so hopeless. I know many of you are in the same situation as I and this website has helped me tremendously.

Oneof14 - :hugs: :hugs: Welcome. I did not know you were 35+. Yeah, pretty much all my friends who are 35+ and wanted to have a baby have and if they haven't they just have not started on the ttc journey for one reason or another but not because of fertility issues. Tough road for us ladies!! We're all in this together and we will get pregnant and have a :baby:. My heart really wants it!

Hi ladies.

I think February bites except for Purple. The witch got me today. Doing pretty well. I am at a hotel tonight so I can have a good cleansing cry :cry:. It makes DH so nervous when I cry as he is such a sweetie. If you don't mind, I will cry for all of the February disappointments. Love to all of you ladies. Spring is coming :hugs:

Oneof14 - :hugs: :hugs: Welcome. I did not know you were 35+. Yeah, pretty much all my friends who are 35+ and wanted to have a baby have and if they haven't they just have not started on the ttc journey for one reason or another but not because of fertility issues. Tough road for us ladies!! We're all in this together and we will get pregnant and have a :baby:. My heart really wants it!

Thank you, my heart really wants it too... I just cant seem to live in the present, I always say "what if I cant," rather than "when I do" (get pregnant)! I guess we just have to be patient, which has always been a problem for me. Baby dust to us!

oneof14 i feel you. ive only failed twice now but i feel like it is a sign it will never happen, stupid i know but i just cant see it changing. im single so each round is about 1000 and i get one shot each month

Hey Ladies, I'm relatively new to this site and have posted on a couple of topics. My DH and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years. In July I had a chemical pregnancy and have not had a BFP since. We've had all the test done and everything seems to be fine with both of us. I find it difficult to think about anything else. Today I had a breakdown of uncontrollable of tears and frustration. We had an unsuccessful IUI last month. I find out people around me are pregnant almost weekly and it depresses me so much. Someday's I feel so hopeless. I know many of you are in the same situation as I and this website has helped me tremendously.

Welcome Oneof14, you are definitely in the right place for support that will keep you going in your darkest of days on the TTC rollacoaster. The ladies on here are truly amazing and have such a wealth of information between them that can answer most queries you have when TTC. Please do not give up hope as your time will come it just completely sucks that we have to wait longer than others for that day. I took me 2 years to get a BFP and that was through IVF only to MC, another crazy IVF that ended in me being rushed to hospital with severe OHSS and spending 3 weeks off work recovering but then out of the blue I fell pregnant naturally last Aug and I am now 29 weeks along. It can happen and it will. :hugs:

welcome to wannaget and oneof14 :flower:
the ladies here are fab! I hope your stay here is short and sweet :)

ladies I have read all the posts I missed - you are all amazing! wheather we cope with sadness with tears, or hugs or just trying to keep spirits up, we are all in this together. I wish we all lived in the same town! It was be a coffee and cake day at mine today with a big hug for each of you!!

Ive dropped my dad off for chemo this morning before work, it's blinking awful!! I feel so bad that he has to do this, but then I saw people there of 15 or 16 or a tiny bit older, all attending for chemo and it just sucks! that's my tiny rant for the day. nothing else to report here but I need to give you all more :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: because you are fab!!

and an extra one today for HA and DrSquid! :hugs:

Morning everybody-my, this thread moves fast! So glad that we can all turn to it for help and support. Welcome to the newbies! Let your stay on here be short and fruitful!!

HA-I am just hoping that Marvin is a slow burner, and that he willo have had a growth spurt over the weekend-this DOES happen, so hang on in there! Got everything crossed for you!

Purple-it must be so hard for you, with your dad being so ill. Have you told him about your PG?? I know that you are being a brilliant daughter and he will really appreciate your support. How are you feeling with regards to the PG? Hope you're taking good care of yourself, Axxx

Ipenn-so sorry that you are so down. Having a good cry sometime, is just the thing. A cathartic experience. Chin up hun, one more month to get healthier and heartier and you WILL get that BFP! xx

The same for you Dr. S-these BFNs are sent to try us, but they should only make us more determined to find another way, or even more determined to succeed. Do not be beaten, you will do it! xx

Oneof14-your story has been told on here so many times. It is how we all feel, and because we all feel like that, we can all help each other out. It really sucks, but don't give up. It just might take us all a bit longer!

Hi to LilSluz, Frolicky, Missy (how are you hun?), Luv, Never, Butterfly, Asry, Lady H, Twinks, NS, and everybody else that I might have missed! Hope you are all okay today? Mondays-new start, new beginning!

Well, my period arrived last night, and I'm practically done-how is that? Chinese mnedicing would say I' m blood deficient, but it worries me as it has got worse since acupuncture. Anyway, I am booked in for my baseline scan tomorrow, which will be CD2 and stimms start then. I'm visualising a certain number of eggs and trying to be positive! Here we go!

Love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dwrgi - I hope the scan goes fab - keep on visualising all those eggies!! :hugs: and keep us updated with what is going on, I am cheering you on! :happydance:
I haven't actually told anyone (other than DH and all of you!) about the pg yet, I haven't even made the doctors appt yet, I know it's not going to jinx anything but if the worst happens, me and DH would our parents don't have to feel the sadness (on top of everything else)

Yay, dwrgi is back :happydance: - I am visualising many follies for you hon, although not so many that it would be painful :wacko::flower:

Purple, I can understand you and DH keeping it to yourself - it is kind of weird in the first few weeks when you just sit and wait :coffee::hugs::hugs:

Welcome to the newbies :flower::hugs::hugs:

iPenn, have a cry but not too hard and then have a :wine: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

drsquid, I think you probably feel the bfns harder because you have to pay for each one :nope: I really hope this happens for you soon - I heard that a lot of people get a bfp after 4 or 5 IUIs so I have everything crossed for you :hugs::hugs:

AFM I had my 2nd hospital visit today - details are in my journal but anyway I'm hoping that the m/c will start quite soon as I have had a bit of red spotting :thumbup:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: to everyone, sorry as usual I am no good at remembering all the names :dohh:

Thank you so much ladies, your stories are what is keeping me positive. I am scheduled for my second IUI sometime next week. I start Femara tomorrow days 5-7 with a trigger. I am praying for a BFP!!!

Hi lovely ladies!
sorry don't have much time -have to run but just caught up and wanted to say

Dr.Squid and Ipen - sorry didn't work this time.... IT WILL HAPPEN -don't give up!!:hugs::hugs:

HA - hope you are okay.... we are here for you....:flower::flower::hugs::hugs:

Missy - we miss you!!! :flower:

Lilsluz and Frolicky - thank you for the laughter... you girls are awesome.:winkwink:

Purple - totally get why you are scared to tell your Dad... I hope he gets through this and crossing all my limbs that you get through the next few months and give him the greatest surprise ever! :flower:

Dwrgi - I HOPE THIS IS THE ONE FOR YOU!!.... Good luck girl!

Asry - good luck this week!!! Everything still on schedule?

Carol, Twinks, Never, Butterfly - hope you are ok....:flower:

Welcome to all the newbies - you'll love it here....

AFM - AF is almost done looking forward to the next cycle....and really hoping to get my BFP before my 40th in May...

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE (and anyone I missed - so sorry!!)
xoxo

Hi All

Ipen & DrS :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Welcome new Ladies to the best thread on BnB

Purple - hope all goes well for you Dad :flower::flower:

Dwrgi - :hugs: mine only last 2 days, does worry me so know how you feel,

Dashka - I need that BFP by my 40th in June too - with you all the way :dust:

Hello to you all including those that I always forget to name check, I'm not good at remembering but I LOVE YOU ALL! :flower::flower::winkwink:

AFM CD 8 - waiting to start OPK in 2 days, at least I get to POAS! :haha:

So immediately following my post yesterday, I realized I forgot documents to show I am eligible for employment in the US. I WAS 6 hours from home! DH got in his car at home and I got in mine here and we both drove like mad until we met up. Nothing lime a new problem to make the old one less important.

Got everything on time and all is well. Just got 3 hours of sleep. I will catch up tonight. Looking forward to taking this cycle off and supporting all of you

Ipen - Holy Sh!t!!!!!!!!! Get some :sleep: lady. :hugs: Your mind is on a lot of different things. :hugs:

Dwrgi, DrSquid & Me (Frolicky) - We are on to the next cycle together....here we go!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~ Rollercoaster ~~~~~~~~~~~ Hands up ladies! ;)

Purple - My dad just had surgery (second time having bladder cancer) in October 11'. It's very stressful to go through all that. I am sending healing, healthy vibes. He deserves to see his grandchild. Keep your :baby: happy!! :)

Carol - Yeah, Zara Grace is a muy bonita nombre (beautiful name :) Very sweet. I can't wait to have a bump too!! How sweet.

LadyH - You are nearing the big "O"! Whoopie!! TWW is around the corner....lets get ready have those :spermy: crack that wonderful egg.

HA - :hugs: :hugs: I am thinking of you everyday. I am hoping for your dreams and wishes to come true!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I just can't give enough.

Butterfly - Oh, honey. Why, why, why? Why does it have to drag out? :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I can't give enough hugs to you either.

Hi to....LilSluz, Arsy, Never, Newbies and Oneof14!! :wine: Cheers to moving forward and having gratitude for today although it's challenging to have sometimes....it's well....well, it just makes me feel better sometimes.

I think we all need this right now "Infertiles Got Talent":
Ever watch that reality show America’s Got Talent? Contestants with (and without) talent showcase their stuff on a TV reality show.

We beg to differ, Susan Boyle.

Infertiles are the ones with talent. Vote for us!

Here are some of our special talents:
•Only an infertile could have timed intercourse and then do a full gymnastic headstand for 30 minutes.
•Only an infertile could hold in their pee after drinking a liter of water for an embryo transfer.
•Only an infertile could wake up at 6am, have a transvaginal ultrasound and blood work at 7am and still make it to her morning meeting by 9.
•Only an infertile could take Clomid, have side effects and still ace her client presentation.
•Only an infertile could hold up a pregnancy test to the light in a dimly lit bathroom, trying to find the second line.
•Only an infertile could fake an award-winning smile after hearing a pregnancy announcement.
•Only an infertile could buy cough syrup because she heard it helps increase ovulation fluid.
•Only an infertile knows exactly what cervical mucus looks and feels like.
•Only an infertile could pre-fail a cycle before it even happened yet.
•Only an infertile could do an opera-like sob after getting her period in a public bathroom.
•Only an infertile could be such a strong person who refuses to give up because she knows one day, it WILL happen

Ipen - Holy Sh!t!!!!!!!!! Get some :sleep: lady. :hugs: Your mind is on a lot of different things. :hugs:

Dwrgi, DrSquid & Me (Frolicky) - We are on to the next cycle together....here we go!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~ Rollercoaster ~~~~~~~~~~~ Hands up ladies! ;)

Purple - My dad just had surgery (second time having bladder cancer) in October 11'. It's very stressful to go through all that. I am sending healing, healthy vibes. He deserves to see his grandchild. Keep your :baby: happy!! :)

Carol - Yeah, Zara Grace is a muy bonita nombre (beautiful name :) Very sweet. I can't wait to have a bump too!! How sweet.

LadyH - You are nearing the big "O"! Whoopie!! TWW is around the corner....lets get ready have those :spermy: crack that wonderful egg.

HA - :hugs: :hugs: I am thinking of you everyday. I am hoping for your dreams and wishes to come true!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I just can't give enough.

Butterfly - Oh, honey. Why, why, why? Why does it have to drag out? :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I can't give enough hugs to you either.

Hi to....LilSluz, Arsy, Never, Newbies and Oneof14!! :wine: Cheers to moving forward and having gratitude for today although it's challenging to have sometimes....it's well....well, it just makes me feel better sometimes.

Alright, I'm going to ditto Frolicky this time! :winkwink: I've had to partake in some :wine: tonight... One of those days... (I still haven't ov'd & on CD19)...

Love you ladies :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

im going for drinks tonight with a friend who is also apparently bummed (though i dont know what she is upset about). gotta go pick up the femara first. (heh doc probably thinks im crazy cause i was asking if i should run out at 2 or i could wait til 7 when i get off work). he is finally loosening up. he tends to work most saturdays but was saying, at least it is only morning.. so i said yeah, but you cant go out friday night,. so he said, oh well, i come into work hung over all the time anyway. his nurses eyes almost bugged out of her head, and she was like... you cant say stuff like that. it was funny . (btw if he isnt joking he has the strongest fortitude of anyone i know because he works 12 hr or so days).

hsg scheduled for thursday (where i used to work, but luckily dont know the doc). and in chatting with my friend to schedule it, i seem to have scored a blind date too. mind you i was a bit annoyed because he offered me one of his kids (but i got the date offer because i said his kids were too big, and not asian enough). if he wasnt part of a gay couple that adopted i might have actually been miffed =)

Hi all you sweet Ladies :flower: I've been hanging around here but not knowing what to write.

My brain seems to be focused on possible IUI..somehow I've created a fear that this is an anovulatory cycle and we cant do it..:wacko: haven't found O+ yet, which is weird, howcome my cycle is so late now? My gyn did predict IUI for friday though, but still I wonder what caused this.

Dashka (thanks for asking :hugs:) & Lady H, I really hope you get those BFP's before your birthdays :happydance: oh wouldn't it be such a great birthdaypresent, nothing else needed :cloud9:
LilSluz- LOOOOVE your humor :hugs:, and thanks for the talent list. We are bunch of talented ladies here :thumbup:
Purple & dad :hugs::hugs::hugs:
DrSquid, good luck with hsg, lots of women report BFP's after "cleaning up the tubes" :thumbup:
Dwirgi - good to hear from you, hope you are good :hugs:

All of you :dust:

wow this thread moves so fast...I am struggling to keep up!!:wacko:

ok, firstly

Missy - are you ok chick?? :hugs:

twinks - I meant to ask, how did sunday go, it seemed like you were stuggling with the service a bit, hope all went well :hugs:

dwrgi - I am cheering you on and rooting for you!!:happydance: have you started meds yet?? how are they treating you??

Asry - good luck for friday!! Im am cheering for you too !!:happydance:

Lilsluz - hehehe - I liked those "infertiles" funnies, thank you!!:haha:

Frolicky - good luck for this next cyle - I am cheering you on too!!:happydance:

DrS - and good luck to you too!! I will be crossing all fingers toes and eyes for you ladies!:happydance:

LadyH - I am hoping this is the "lucky" cycle for you!! catch that eggy!!:hugs:

Ipen - omg - I can imagine the panic of being 6 hours from home without the right paperwork!! it's something I would have done without a shadow of a doubt!! :winkwink:Im so glad your DH was able to help and it's all sorted now.:hugs:

Big :hugs: to Nikki and carole, never and northstar:hugs:

HA and Butterfly - warm and gentle :hugs: and :kiss: coming your way ladies - I am thinking of you both xx

and :hugs: to the new ladies - wantinga and oneof14 (are you really one of 14, children I mean?)

I hope I haven't missed anyone... Ill check back in a bit! need to do some work today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->