TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Yeah went quiet didn't it! Are you going to do a journal Purple? I'd love to hear more on how you are doing but totally understand why you would avoid sharing on this thread?

I'm going to start OPK's tomorrow, yay get to POAS, it;s been over a week :dohh:. Hubby has the test kit for his SA which is great - he has to wait for a call to tell him what day to take the sample (and we heard an 8 week wait)! Hardest thing will be to keep it warm whilst he takes it to the hospital which is half hour away and he rides a motorbike. Told him he would have to put the pot in his pants to keep it warm! I then suggested he finds a loo in the hospital and fill the pot there, but can totally understand why he would refuse to do that in a public loo!!!! About time he had to be inconvenienced for this ttc lark :haha::haha::haha:

Hello to you all and tomorrow is hump day (and BD day for some of us too)!!

:dust::hug::dust:

yeah it has been a bit quiet. i know i tend to read more during my tww than during the wait to o. thanks everyone for all the encouragement. while im lucky i can afford it money wise, time wise it is a pain in the ass, and it just feels like a waste. id rather spend the money for acollege fund or cute clothes for the kid or something..

sperm is in the mail .totally getting a count this time. since i have two vials coming if one sucks i can use the other. just want to make sure im getting what a paid for. plumber is coming tomorrow to see why my washer wont drain and i have slow water flow in the kitchen. then hsg thurs to make sure my pipes are ok. apparnetly im also getting a blind date out of this hsg thing (friend of mine is the manager at the rad office and he apparently has someone he wants to fix me up with).

this month is starting to look up (well, even though it is still feb im counting it as march). bday is sat, hsg scheduled, house is getting worked on, some work stuff etc

im going for drinks tonight with a friend who is also apparently bummed (though i dont know what she is upset about). gotta go pick up the femara first. (heh doc probably thinks im crazy cause i was asking if i should run out at 2 or i could wait til 7 when i get off work). he is finally loosening up. he tends to work most saturdays but was saying, at least it is only morning.. so i said yeah, but you cant go out friday night,. so he said, oh well, i come into work hung over all the time anyway. his nurses eyes almost bugged out of her head, and she was like... you cant say stuff like that. it was funny . (btw if he isnt joking he has the strongest fortitude of anyone i know because he works 12 hr or so days).

hsg scheduled for thursday (where i used to work, but luckily dont know the doc). and in chatting with my friend to schedule it, i seem to have scored a blind date too. mind you i was a bit annoyed because he offered me one of his kids (but i got the date offer because i said his kids were too big, and not asian enough). if he wasnt part of a gay couple that adopted i might have actually been miffed =)

WHOA :shock:- back up a bit! So, after the drunk-Dr. appt, you have a blind date with a gay guy, who is in a relationship right now, who tried to give you one of his kids, which made you mad only because they were too big & not Asian enough? :shrug: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: Um, did anyone change your meds recently? :winkwink: :headspin:

Thanks - you made me laugh really hard w/this one. Hope you had a great time out :wine:- you needed it! (or - maybe not? :haha:) :thumbup: You gotta tell us how that blind date goes, too...

But, on a serious note, have you not had a HSG yet? I thought they always had to do that first before IUI, or do they have to do one before every IUI???

Yeah went quiet didn't it! Are you going to do a journal Purple? I'd love to hear more on how you are doing but totally understand why you would avoid sharing on this thread?

I'm going to start OPK's tomorrow, yay get to POAS, it;s been over a week :dohh:. Hubby has the test kit for his SA which is great - he has to wait for a call to tell him what day to take the sample (and we heard an 8 week wait)! Hardest thing will be to keep it warm whilst he takes it to the hospital which is half hour away and he rides a motorbike. Told him he would have to put the pot in his pants to keep it warm! I then suggested he finds a loo in the hospital and fill the pot there, but can totally understand why he would refuse to do that in a public loo!!!! About time he had to be inconvenienced for this ttc lark :haha::haha::haha:

Yay--so glad hubby is going for SA!!!

yeah it has been a bit quiet. i know i tend to read more during my tww than during the wait to o. thanks everyone for all the encouragement. while im lucky i can afford it money wise, time wise it is a pain in the ass, and it just feels like a waste. id rather spend the money for acollege fund or cute clothes for the kid or something..

sperm is in the mail .totally getting a count this time. since i have two vials coming if one sucks i can use the other. just want to make sure im getting what a paid for. plumber is coming tomorrow to see why my washer wont drain and i have slow water flow in the kitchen. then hsg thurs to make sure my pipes are ok. apparnetly im also getting a blind date out of this hsg thing (friend of mine is the manager at the rad office and he apparently has someone he wants to fix me up with).

this month is starting to look up (well, even though it is still feb im counting it as march). bday is sat, hsg scheduled, house is getting worked on, some work stuff etc

Good luck. We did the donor sperm last month. I cannot believe how much semen costs!!! People throw it away EVERYDAY. Hope your vials turn into babies :baby:.

Ok, so we can laugh at me too - its only fair. Thank GOD, I finally got a smiley today :happydance: (you know it doesn;t take me much to get excited, but espec after the hormone tests...)

So, I seem to ov right ON the day that I get +OPK (or w/in 12 hrs), but we had contractors in & out all day today & appts, etc. I was stressing out all day b/c my window was closing (& the surge could have really been late last night, you know?)

So, DH's friend came in just when we were getting rid of the very last contractor/appt (dammit!). Well, I gave DH "the look" so he told his poor friend - rt in front of me - that I was "horny", so could he just go out & sit in his car in front of my house for just 10-15 mins.:shock::shock::shock: He has no idea we are TTC (no one does), so I was MORTIFIED! #-o#-o:-$ This guy must think I'm just a nympho or something?! :dohh::shrug:

But, what was even funnier was that while he asked for "10-15 mins", DH went right back out to get him in like 1 min 45 seconds! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I said don't you want to at least wait a few mins to make it "look man-good" :rofl::rofl:

Sorry if TMI - but I think we all have had "one of those days" & this one was really embarassing, so if anyone needed a good laugh...:haha: I'm sooooo starving hungry but I refuse to go out there & face this guy! :blush::blush::blush:](*,) :dohh:

heh sorry for the confusion.. that really didnt make sense. so my gay guy friend offered me his kids, i told him they werent asian enough.. so he was like.. do you like asian guys.. i said yes.. he said he had a guy for me =) i just find it annoying when i tell people i want to have a kid and they either say "oh, are you going to adopt", or "take one of mine".

as far as the hsg. i didnt want one. i figured i rarely have sex, havent had any diseases, no history of endometriosis etc. what is the point. id rather spend that $500 on something else. it makes sense if youve been having sex and failing to make sure it isnt something simple but i have never tried to get pregnant before these two iuis. after ive failed twice.. well i gave in. with any luck they are normal, and this gives them a nice blow out

lils- that is funny. fingers crossed this is the baby batter dose you need =)

Guess you can't use an insulated coffee mug? I mean put it in the tube/cup thing & then into one of those insulated coffee mug thingies?

Yeah, I know - guys have it so easy! (too easy) GL w/that! :flower:

heh sorry for the confusion.. that really didnt make sense. so my gay guy friend offered me his kids, i told him they werent asian enough.. so he was like.. do you like asian guys.. i said yes.. he said he had a guy for me =) i just find it annoying when i tell people i want to have a kid and they either say "oh, are you going to adopt", or "take one of mine".

as far as the hsg. i didnt want one. i figured i rarely have sex, havent had any diseases, no history of endometriosis etc. what is the point. id rather spend that $500 on something else. it makes sense if youve been having sex and failing to make sure it isnt something simple but i have never tried to get pregnant before these two iuis. after ive failed twice.. well i gave in. with any luck they are normal, and this gives them a nice blow out

Well, you know what they say about HSG's... maybe this will give you that "alot of people get preg w/in 2-3 mos of HSG" BFP!!!!

Don't look at failed IUI as if you are a failure.:nope: That would mean I'm a defin. a failure bc you've only tried twice & I've tried 14 times now! (?) - lost count. We aren't failures, its just not "the right time". Hey, who knows - what if this blind date turned out really, really well? (just as an example) Sometimes when we are busy making plans, we don't realize that there is an even better one out there for us...:winkwink::thumbup:

GL on the HSG -

lils- thanks =) bah on another thread im getting all these.. you should just go straight to ivf etc etc. for some reason it is really upsetting me. 2 iuis, only one medicated and no attempts at getting pregnant via sex and i should just jump to ivf? doc did mention injections this time but only in passing,. ie you have a good number of antral follicles for your age (sigh) and should respond well to injectibles.. well i got 5 follies out of femara so i guess ill see how this round goes before going there.. and i know i shouldnt consider myself a failure and i dont look at anyone else as a failure for it.. but i cant help it. i always figured this would be easy. 3 of my friends who decided they wanted kids via donor sperm got pregnant the first month. sigh. this is likely the femara talking again

i might have to skip next month if this doesnt work as i may still be away if/when af arrives. then there is the whole psychobabble you run through in your head (ie if im too positive ill jinx it, if i decide getting an hsg will make it work, ill jinx it. wow so many people get pregnant when they say fuck it, and drink and do whatever.. etc etc). heh sorry for rambling.

DrS - good luck on your blind date! let us know how it goes! and the sperm is in the mail?? - do they really send it through the mail?? I never knew that!

Lilsluz- you made me laugh so much with your story :haha: you poor friend, sitting out in the car lol!

LadyH - yay for poas! lol! I like to call it "bathroom science!" :winkwink: Im not sure about a journal yet, to be honest nothing has really happened, I have nil symptoms or anything so I may wait a bit till there is something to say (fingers crossed) but thank you for thinking about me xxx

and how is everyone else doing today - huge giant fantabulous squidgy :hugs: to you all!! I was going to mention everyone, but I know Id forget someone :doh:

Lady H-get your DH to put it in a jiffy bag/envelope, and keep it close to his chest, under layers of clothing (gilet type things are especially good). Obviously make sure it's secured!!!!! Yes, you are quite right, it's important to make them feel a bit inconvenienced by the whole business! Good luck! :flower:

Lil-that story is hilarious, I would have decked my OH if he had said that! I suppose having a 'nympho' wife gets DH to feel that he is a lucky guy!!!!! :rofl: Good luck with that and good luck with the YOU KNOW What! :hugs:

Purple-how are you feeling hun??? Hope little bean is getting well snuggled in! Am rooting for you girl! :hugs::hugs:

Asry-way to go for Friday, that's brilliant news. Much better than hanging around waiting... HUGE good luck with it! I shall be thinking of you! :hugs:

Butterfly, Missy (where are you??), NS, Twinkle, Dashka, Frolicky, and everybody else-hello!!!!! Hope you're all okay??

I took my Suprecur last night, and I was COMPLETELY shattered by it! Start menopur tonight. But have been told to stop the DH so

NO MORE BACNE!!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Lots of love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I took my Suprecur last night, and I was COMPLETELY shattered by it! Start menopur tonight. But have been told to stop the DH so

NO MORE BACNE!!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

would it be over the top if I did this....

:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

I don't think so :winkwink:

I am delighted for you thou!

Im doing fine thank you, feel normal really to be honest. Im not sure it's that's good or not good. I will update if there is anything to report. :hugs:

DrS - fedex! - that makes me giggle , although they say they'll transport anything!

Lil - snorted tea sown my nose when I read your story!! Fingers crossed it'll be worth it!!

Stop the DHEA obviously, doh! And I do like the emoticons, Purple!! yay to clear back!!

Glad to hear that all is good. FX for you hun!
xxx

Lilsluz - OMG OMG ...LOVED YOUR STORY... One day you can tell your children about that one!! Hope your appointment went okay today.... and so sorry to hear about your sister's loss. Big hugs!

Dwrgi - hooray for no more BACNE!!!! Good luck this month!! Fx for you girl!

Dr.Squid - Good luck on the HSG -Is this your first one? I had one about 8 yrs ago -make sure you take some Advil or something. I had a lot of cramping afterward (but everyone's different) One side was 'open' and the other side either 'spasamed' or was not open - they say the 2nd side sometimes spasms because the body is trying to defend itself from the stuff they are injecting. Hopefully next cycle will work for you! Good luck on the date thing too!! Great story...

Lady H - yes WE will do this by our 40th! Hang in there...

HA - hugs hugs hugs

Purple, Twinks, Never, Butterfly, Missy, Frolicky, Carol (and anyone I missed -sorry!) - big HELLO and hugs!

AFM - I'm Cycle day 7 today so should be ov in about 5 days or so.... Yesterday I had ultrasounds done on abdomen/pelvic/trans-vaginal/breast and thyroid - I was there for 90 min!! (just routine -my doctor is really thorough when I do physicals she sends me for every test under the sun) I was covered all over in that gel.... oh how pretty . Just trying to listen to as many positive audio/video things as I can and doing 20 min. yoga/ uterine massage in the mornings... Feeling pretty good and grateful for life today.

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->