TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

DrS - :) Thanks for making me smile.

OK, I am bit stressed. Two of my close girlfriends had babies (one last year and one January 10, 2011). I called them both last week and they don't return my calls. I know they are busy etc. In addition the one that had hers last year is TTC #2 and if she's pregnant again, I will feel bad. Jealousy is not a fun emotion. I don't like it and don't like coveting either. Ugh. Sorry. Just had to vent. Feeling a little stressed. I think I am pushing myself too much too with all the preparations for guests (we have 8 guests coming..first two are staying March 17-25 or so and then 6 are coming March 25 - April 2) and I am nervous about hiding everything (books, fertility monitors, pregnancy tea, prenatal vitamins). It's tough because they are family but we are not telling them until I am 12 weeks. I hate pretending and hiding stuff. Sorry, I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening to me.

the macy's ad is killing me.. it often wont close. and it pops up with rolling over it.. HATE it.. and glad i made you laugh. thanks for helping me get through work today

the macy's ad is killing me.. it often wont close. and it pops up with rolling over it.. HATE it.. and glad i made you laugh. thanks for helping me get through work today

Agreed re: Macy's ad! And when you are on your phone all of them pop up so you can't get anywhere away from the ad. Oh, well. I am staying put.

Asry - love the pic, what a cute pup!

Dwrgi - sorry to hear the trigger was such a nightmare. I don't like the sound of glass viles... And just try not to think too far ahead, what will be will be, so worrying about it isn't going to make it any better or worse, it'll just waste your energy and give you a headache. Easier said that done, I know. :hugs: Got my fingers crossed for you!!! :thumbup:

forgot my clock no longer changes itself for dst (well it does but they changed the dates so now i fix it 4 times a year)..

I had that problem this morning as well. The computers and phones seem to have certain dates programmed in that really don't match with reality... :dohh:

HA - glad you and DH had a fab date night and a great time with your bff

Afm - Question for those of you who have had HSGs done. I've got mine on Wednesday morning. I haven't been told to take any painkillers before hand - not even hinted at it - I wouldn't have even known that it might hurt except that I looked the procedure up on the internet. I was only told to turn up 20 minutes early, eat breakfast & bring a sanitary pad. Is it worth taking painkillers before hand? I've only got paracetamol at home at the moment, is that okay or should I get something else? I've also got my baseline scan that afternoon, but I'm assuming that's no worse than going for a smear test???? Oh and the BCPs my RE's got me on have got my boobs feeling like they're really rather bruised, though I'm not complaining too much as they've also grown a fair bit, which when you're as small as I am, is fab! lol Just wish DH here was here to enjoy them! :holly::change::haha: And with that, I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. :hugs:

Afm - Question for those of you who have had HSGs done. I've got mine on Wednesday morning. I haven't been told to take any painkillers before hand - not even hinted at it - I wouldn't have even known that it might hurt except that I looked the procedure up on the internet. I was only told to turn up 20 minutes early, eat breakfast & bring a sanitary pad. Is it worth taking painkillers before hand? I've only got paracetamol at home at the moment, is that okay or should I get something else? I've also got my baseline scan that afternoon, but I'm assuming that's no worse than going for a smear test????

Definitely take something about 30 min before the HSG starts. I took 2 ibuprofen before mine and had no problems whatsoever. I felt a pinching-type pain as the catheter was inserted through my cervix but it only lasted a moment. I felt some dull pressure as the dye filled my uterus but it wasn't painful. It seems women with blocked tubes have a lot of pain, but assuming your tubes are fine then you'll be fine. And your baseline scan will be better than an annual smear - it's just a trans-vaginal ultrasound - no scraping, no speculum. :thumbup:

Manu - I was told to take painkillers also before hsg, but totally forgot :wacko: my gyn couldn't get the cathetre in, but managed to do hsg anyhow through a airbubble in cervix (?!) anyhow hsg itself was pretty painless, like periodkind pressure. And that pressure went away like 1/2 hours after.
Good luck with it! And yay for your :holly::haha:

Manuiti-thanks for the advice. You're quite right, no point worrying unnecessarily!! What will be will be! Que sera sera! :hugs:

Butterfly, hope you caught that eggy! xx

Frolicky-other friends and babies suck, especially those who don't appreciate what you are going through. Hmm, times like these, you find out who your friends are-I certainly have. xxx

Hi to everybody! Just going to be setting off in half an hour-all topiary trimmed and toenails french manicured for the LL! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hope you all have a good day!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - hope everything is going ok at the egg collection - keeping everything crossed for you xx

Manuiti - I'd definitely take some painkillers - it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be & only took a few moments but I was glad I'd taken some.

Manu - I think ibuprofrin or motrin etc. is enough, the hard stuff is a bit overkill if you ask me. It's not that bad but for me like bad period cramps. Good Luck! It does not last long and then your uterus will be a clean shot for implantation!! It's all worth it!

just checking in to see if dwrgi has reported back yet :coffee:

Just got in, and am in bed. They got eight eggs, so am really pleased with that! Feel quite woozy now, so going to take it easy. Might hit the gin later (joke!).

Can anybody answer this though-have just passed the most enormous piece of clotty blood, like liver. What is this? Is this normal??? Always something to worry about!

Butterfly-how did it go last night :winkwink::winkwink::winkwink:? Was thinking of you, Axxxxx

Thanks for the advice ladies. :flower:

Just got in, and am in bed. They got eight eggs, so am really pleased with that! Feel quite woozy now, so going to take it easy. Might hit the gin later (joke!).

Yay for the 8!!! :thumbup: FXd for the next step!

Just doing a "quick" drive-by, but - wow, I missed a lot in a day!

Dwrgi - GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!! :thumbup::hugs::hugs: (i realize it's technically after the procedure given time zones, but I have been thinking of you!!!)

Manuiti - Yeah, ibuprofen should be enough. I had some complications in mine, but it's rare. it usually takes like 5-10mins & you are out of there. Even for mine, which took 25 mins bc couldn't get the catheter up there & ended up having to blow up a different part w/air - even then, I only yelped for a millisecond & then it was fine & just like bad cramping before a period. After that just like normal cramping & then went away after couple of hours. It's really, really not that bad at all (even w/probs) GL to you!!! :thumbup:

Sending all the BNB ladies lots & lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: & :dust: on this fine Monday!

Dwrgi - I was writing before your post showed up

YAYYYYYY FOR 8!!!!!!!! That's so awesome!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

- take it easy honey & relax today :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ooo 8 eggs!! That's fab! Sorry don't have any advice about the blood - sure someone else will though. xx

Ohhh 8!!!!
:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:
Well done Dwrgi!!, you deserve a lovely lie down now :hugs: !!

Hey Drwgi pls do not worry about the clotty blood this can happen after EC as you have to think of how they get those eggies. The needle may have caused a slight bleed, as long as there isn't any more you should be fine. 8 eggs is brill just keep thinking about them all fertilizing overnight and having great embies to choose from for transfer. Just keep thinking this is your time x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->