TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

All sounds very exciting Manuiti and yes it seems to have come round fast :haha::thumbup::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi amazing news that all went well for you, I am so happy for you. Good choice on taking it easy for the next few days. On the subject of pineapple my acu also swears by the core of the pineapple and then people in the Middle East say not to eat pineapple when trying to get pregnant.

My take on this is that it does no harm at all when I concieved naturally this time round I was on holiday in Thailand where I ate copious amounts of pineapple every day without fail. To the point I would get upset if I couldn't find the fruit seller on his bike hahahaha.

You have done everything you can to make this work the rest is out of your hands so let the TWW begin. We promise to keep you sane :hugs:

Manuiti - wow - what a day! but do you feel a huge relief now that you have a set in stone plan?? so you know exactly what you need to do, and we can start cheering you on :dance: :dance:

the hsg sounds a barrell of laughs though - well done for getting through that! :wacko:

Dwrgi - no such thing as a selfish post, and Ive been in and out of this thread for ages waiting for your news - so welcome back!!

it sounds completely fascinating!! I am glad that 1) you did not pee on anyone :haha: and 2) dh was able to come :)
how amazing to think that you may have actually seen the beginning of a new life or lives! I am struggling to get my head around that! completely amazing!! and not many people ever get to see that for real in their lives!

I will be saying a little prayer every day for Twm Sion and Cati and hoping they get super snuggly and super sticky!!
did you get a photophograph of them??

now take it easy! I have no idea about the pineapple thing, but you deserve something yummy after that day so you should treat yourself....if you are allowed that is??

Big loves xx

Dwrgi - so happy for you that it went well today!!! YAY for TSC... sorry I'm abbreviating the Welsh Robin Hood names... hee hee.... Yes don't do anything or lift anything at all for the next few days.... Don't even cook! My sister who had IVM (similar to IVF) was told that too.... I am praying for you that all goes well these next few weeks - just keep really POSITIVE.... and like Frolicky said "Breathe and Believe" !!

Manuiti - wow you went through a lot today too!! it did get all arranged quite quickly .... I don't think things happen that quickly here (but maybe they do)... Sounds like a great plan and hope the next month goes quickly for you! All limbs crossed for you too! xo

forgot to say I've been eating pineapple for the past few days and not just the core either.... I don't think moderate amounts would hurt -but definitely chew on the core :)

Dwrgi - omg, I can't believe I took so long writing my post that I missed yours! So glad it went well and also that you didn't pee on anyone... :haha: That's so cool that you get to see it all as it happens. And I agree, no such thing as a selfish post. As I said before, everything's crossed for you and enjoy doing as little as possible!

Purple - I think I'm more in a state of shock than anything! lol I really wasn't expecting / prepared for things to happen so quickly but I think it'll start feeling more real once the drugs and needles are lying there waiting to be used. :wacko: I'm very excited, but with a good dose of reality in there with it.

Dashka - Yeah, I was a bit tired when I got home. It was an emotional day. Not upsetting emotional, but emotional in the sense of it all being quite invasive. Having things shoved up your foofoo four times in one day, and everything being done in Spanish (which is not my first language) was a lot, though I think it's something I'm going to have to quickly get used to!

Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to everyone!

Sorry girls - had to be out at work all day - tut!!

Hello to Dwrgi & you're 3 little embies!!

Manuiti - that's exciting - plans, yay!!

hey to everyone else - off to weightwatchers now - boo hiss!!

Manuiti-your treatment is just around the corner, but that is the best thing. You don't want to be thinking about it, but just getting on with it! As Carole says, you get used to dropping your kecks in front of anybody who asks in this game, and I'm sure that you will get used to people peering up your foo foo on a regular basis!!

Did the doctors talk to you about your IVF diet? You must eat as much protein as you can whilst stimming, and plant protein is better than animal. Also, at least 2 litres of water, and more if you can. If you start looking up recipes now, you won't be stuck when it comes round. Lots of beans, chick peas, lentils, nuts, seeds, etc. etc. Also, if you're not lactose intolerant, lots of milk too. I drank a pint every morning and a couple of glasses throughout the day.

It will be a good idea to rent a place closer to the clinic-you can just go home and crash after your scans, etc.

Anyway, I'm wishing you huge mounds of good luck, and we will be there for you every step of the way!

I'd really recommend the Emma Cannon 'Baby Making Bible' and Zita West's book, Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception which both contain loads of helpful advice.

Good luck hun!
xxx :thumbup::thumbup:

Girls, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everybody! I know that the rest is down to Mother Nature, and we all know how unpredictable she is, but you have all been such a support to me, and helped me through such a tough time (which will only get harder as I enter the dreaded TWW!!! You have been warned!:haha:).

Carole-your warmth and kindness, oh, I am so touched that you've taken the time to check in on how I'm getting on, and been so helpful to me too! I bought some pineapple in M&S earlier on, so I'm going to tuck into some now! You are one in a million! :kiss::kiss:

Butterfly, Dashka, Frolicky, Twinkle, HA, Purple, Lil, Skye, Never, all absolutely brilliant! I love you all, so now big mowah mwoahs all round!

As Purps likes to say, group hug time! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Waaaat?!!? Dwirgi you had the transfer today?! Where has my head been :wacko: (up in my..) but YAY :happydance::happydance: three little embies!! Way to go :thumbup: now we'll be waiting for them welsh Robin Hood boys to be in your arms in november :cloud9: :awww: just take it easy now luv :hugs: about implantation only thing I remember reading was rasberry tea should be good for that.. :hugs:

Manu - so happy things are happening now :happydance: and what a hassle it had been in your hsg :dohh:

LilS - how are you feeling today? Had a good presentation? I'm glad I made you smile - goal achieved :haha:

Arsy - I love the bat icon too! Lol! We're almost there! Hey, where in Scandinavia do you live? What is it like there?

Froliky - greetings from Finland :flower: not any flowers to give you yet, still lots of snow but spring is on its way and weather has been around 0c. We got all the seasons and love them all. Winter could be shorter though, its so dark and cold. Like last month coldest we got was -31c, then in like last July it was so hot +32c :boat: (if nothing else to read = https://www.visitfinland.com/en/web/guest/finland-guide/about-finland/overview)
Did you have injections this IUI cycle? If yes, how was it? How are you feeling now? I'm still having af cramps :growlmad:

Dashka - Yeah, I was a bit tired when I got home. It was an emotional day. Not upsetting emotional, but emotional in the sense of it all being quite invasive. Having things shoved up your foofoo four times in one day, and everything being done in Spanish (which is not my first language) was a lot, though I think it's something I'm going to have to quickly get used to!

Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to everyone![/QUOTE]

Yes for sure Manu - must have been so emotional and quite different for you.... It does make it harder when everyone around you is speaking another language - just know they are all trying to make this happen for you! Good luck!!:hugs:

oops sorry the above was supposed to be for Maniuti - and I guess I goofed - wanted to use her quote in my reply!!

OOOooo Dwrgi, good luck I have everything crossed for you :thumbup:

Manu - same to you, good to hear you are on the path...

Twinkle - hope you have a good weigh in at WW

Hello to the rest of you gorgeous Ladies :wave::wave::wave::wave:

I cheated today and used a calculator to tweak my temps on FF as I had quite a few inconsistencies and I finally got cross hairs. :happydance: It also made my chart very close to the pattern last cycle so I feel less guilty about the tweaks!

TFI Friday tomorrow!

Dwrgi - Yay for Larry, Mo & Curly!!!! J/k - Twm Sion and Cati! (Watch, they are probably all girls...) :haha: (how do you say "Twm"?) So happy you have them in there now - wow, that's gotta be so cool - and scary - and weird - all in one! I'm so glad you have off 4 days - you REST, little Welsh mama! :flower: - Oh yeah, I'm glad you didn't pee on LL-the-hottie!:thumbup:

Manuiti - sounds like you are a woman with a plan & its going to go sooooo fast! You must be excited, yay for IVF!!! P.S. - that has to be a little tough when everything is in Spanish?! - keep us updated!

Dashka - how are you feeling? Hope you are doing better now! You are getting close to :test::dust:

Asry - You are so sweet. I am feeling better today - didn't barf up my :coffee: so life is good! :haha: Still living on bread sandwiches, but nailed the presentation this afternoon :happydance::thumbup: How are you doing my fine Finnish friend? You are getting near testing right? I am keeping my FX that those cramps are implantation cramps!!!! :dust:

Frolicky – You, too, you will be testing very soon – Ohhhh, I’m beside myself right now bc I’m anxious!!! Love the “white towel Holy Smokes Lady” :haha: :dust:

Butterfly – I hope you did catch the ov! Do you do temping/OPKs, or is it just wacky/unsure bc of mc do you think? Well, if you didn’t for some reason, at least you know absolutely for sure next month will be in the clear :thumbup: :hugs:

Purple – How you doing sweetie? I’ve been following you on your journal, but I hope you are doing well & getting used to your “new diet” :winkwink: (2 more days to a big landmark!). P.S. – LOVE the group hug icon! Where you getting these great icons? I tried to reinstall my smilies I used to use, and my virus software vaporized it! Those poor little smileys never saw what hit ‘em… :haha:

Twinks – So proud of you for sticking it out at WW & really doing this thing! It takes some hard work & determination, but it sounds like you have it!

LadyH – Cheater! :haha: Na, it’s gotta be hard if your temps don’t have huge swings (mine swings are enormous, so easy on FF) I kept trying to figure out when you ov’d myself & figured it was CD22, but FF has CD21 (I only chose CD22 bc you had a +OPK & I didn’t think you could have LH surge after ov???). Well, as long as you kept BDing, its not a big deal anyway – FX! Hopefully there won’t be one, but “if” there is one, next cycle should be easier – my 1st cycle was crazy-looking (& it was 43 days long – after HSG) :dust:!!!

Ipen – you must be really busy at the new job! Haven’t seen you in a while… hope all is well!

DrS – you are probably trying to stay away during 2WW for survival – FX anyway! :dust:

HA – Hope you are starting to feel better, darlin’. Just so glad that you are getting out a little & having some fun :hugs::hugs:/:hugs:

Carole - as you were describing your lack of modesty after everything you've been thru, a thought popped into my head imagining going to the dentist - and just automatically dropping drawers :rofl: It has to almost get that way after a while tho, right?! :rofl: Aye, God Bless us women & what we have to go thru!

:wave: to Tiger, Never, Madeline & anyone else I missed! :hugs:

Gosh, so many IUI’s, ICSI’s (well one) & now we have an IVF coming up – it’s so exciting! We HAVE to get a BFP soon!!!! :dust::dust::dust::dust: C’mon Miracle March!!!!!!! :baby:

AFM – :witch: showed up with a major vengeance yesterday. It didn't even bother me, but was hoping she'd help flush out my cyst? Kidney & UTI infection are clearing out – thank the good Lord, felt so much better today (although still on the bread). But that didn’t stop me from having a :wine: tonight. I’ve missed my :wine:. We haven’t seen each other in 2 weeks & I’m all mad-crampy, I even nailed my big presentation in serious pain, & I just went thru hell on earth the last 2 weeks, so I deserve it dammit! Just 1, tho - it’s good for my heart…. :winkwink: :haha:

I have 7 more blood tests tomorrow (day 2-3 of AF hormones) That will bring the total to 29! I just want to get on w/it, figure out whats wrong, put me on supplements or cream or drugs or whatever & let’s get this party started! :happydance:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

LilS - how are you feeling today? Had a good presentation? I'm glad I made you smile - goal achieved :haha:

Arsy - I love the bat icon too! Lol! We're almost there! Hey, where in Scandinavia do you live? What is it like there?

Froliky - greetings from Finland :flower: not any flowers to give you yet, still lots of snow but spring is on its way and weather has been around 0c. We got all the seasons and love them all. Winter could be shorter though, its so dark and cold. Like last month coldest we got was -31c, then in like last July it was so hot +32c :boat: (if nothing else to read = https://www.visitfinland.com/en/web/guest/finland-guide/about-finland/overview)
Did you have injections this IUI cycle? If yes, how was it? How are you feeling now? I'm still having af cramps :growlmad:

Oh yeah, Asry - Finland is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I translated your celsius temps (website - I'm not that talented) and wow - -23F in winter & 90F in summer! I never would have thought it got that hot there! How long are your days in winter & summer? I love hearing about other places... espec. those that are very different from here! (like in Alaska where its dark for a month straight) :thumbup:

Ours don't change barely at all bc the closer you get to the equator, the less shifting/swings you have in temps & in light/dark. Its basically 75-80 (23 - 26) in winter & 85 - 93 (29-33) in summer. A couple of colder temps in winter, but just lasts a couple of days. The heat isn't that bad except for 2 months/year (like your bad winter months, we have the heat). I live about 1 mile from the beach so I get the breeze which helps, too.

Btw, if you did IUI on 3/5, then you are at just the right time for implantation cramps, lady! :winkwink: FX & :dust: & :hugs:!!!

Did the doctors talk to you about your IVF diet? You must eat as much protein as you can whilst stimming, and plant protein is better than animal. Also, at least 2 litres of water, and more if you can. If you start looking up recipes now, you won't be stuck when it comes round. Lots of beans, chick peas, lentils, nuts, seeds, etc. etc. Also, if you're not lactose intolerant, lots of milk too. I drank a pint every morning and a couple of glasses throughout the day.

It will be a good idea to rent a place closer to the clinic-you can just go home and crash after your scans, etc.

Anyway, I'm wishing you huge mounds of good luck, and we will be there for you every step of the way!

I'd really recommend the Emma Cannon 'Baby Making Bible' and Zita West's book, Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception which both contain loads of helpful advice.

Good luck hun!
xxx :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks so much for the nutrition advice hun, no they hadn't mentioned anything about that. Mind you, my appointment with the IVF coordinator was a tad rushed as I had a plane to catch so it was a seriously quick, condensed version & only enough time for her to write my prescriptions. I'll start on the milk in the morning & will send her an email to see if there's anything specific she suggests for me. Thank you! :thumbup:

I've just been doing my sums, and renting a place will work out about half as much as flying back and forth etc. And I think I found somewhere nice, good location, rents by the day, good price... so I've emailed to see if they've got any availability. Fingers crossed.

Manuiti - sounds like you are a woman with a plan & its going to go sooooo fast! You must be excited, yay for IVF!!! P.S. - that has to be a little tough when everything is in Spanish?! - keep us updated!

Well it's certainly one way to learn all these words! lol It's good in a way I guess because I'm hanging off every word trying to make sure I understand everything and not miss anything that I'm not really paying much attention to what they're up to in my foo foo. :haha:

AFM – :witch: showed up with a major vengeance yesterday. It didn't even bother me, but was hoping she'd help flush out my cyst? Kidney & UTI infection are clearing out – thank the good Lord, felt so much better today (although still on the bread). But that didn’t stop me from having a :wine: tonight. I’ve missed my :wine:. We haven’t seen each other in 2 weeks & I’m all mad-crampy, I even nailed my big presentation in serious pain, & I just went thru hell on earth the last 2 weeks, so I deserve it dammit! Just 1, tho - it’s good for my heart…. :winkwink: :haha:

I have 7 more blood tests tomorrow (day 2-3 of AF hormones) That will bring the total to 29! I just want to get on w/it, figure out whats wrong, put me on supplements or cream or drugs or whatever & let’s get this party started! :happydance:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:growlmad: to af showing up. I hope you get better soon, but :happydance: for :wine:. And go you, nailing your presentation even when you're not on top form. Congrats! Fx'd for your tests tomorrow and that you get the answers that you need.

I'm still having af cramps :growlmad:

Hopefully those are implantation cramps and nothing to do with af. Fx'd for you!

It's beautiful! It looks very peaceful and calm. My DH's mom is 1/2 Swedish and so they have a lot of Swedish customs. His parents also have a cabin up north and there is a good sized sauna and his parents have been to Sweden and Finland a few times and loved it there. His dad (he is 100% German) says he believes he's really Swedish and I am friends with their old friend's daughter who is from Finland but living in Spain temporarily. I read somewhere that Finland has the best education system. :thumbup: I have some Scandinavian in me too. I think Swedish. I used to always get asked if I was Swedish and I am originally from Minnesota so I had a strong northern accent a long time ago. It's gone now. I love getting away to the north where there is less people. It's really crowded here (especially now...Crazy traffic!!)

I did not have injections this cycle..just on progesterone till I know the verdict. I am feeling better today. I had a pretty productive day at work which helps (I like feeling productive). How are you feeling?

Ihanaa ilta! TGIF! (did that come out right?) :winkwink:

Manuiti - Congrats!! April will be here before you know it!!

BTW - I am a bit confused. What is the difference between ICSI and IVF?

LilSluz - Wow! Glad :witch: arrived and you can move forward and get your body in tip top condition for pregnancy!! :thumbup: Congrats on your presentation! I quit yesterday and was MIA for work (not Miami either.. ;) )
I honestly don't know how you did it? I would have needed a some serious incentive to pull something like that off. Congrats!

Dwrgi - Enjoy your :sleep:

Where did Ipen go? She's MIA!

Purple - Glad you are feeling better.

Twinkle - I hope the weight watchers felt good today. My sisters are on www.myfitnesspal.com and my youngest has lost over 30 lbs and my other sister has lost 7 lbs in two weeks. I joined to support them. Cheers for you for taking care of yourself!

Arsy, LadyH, Butterfly & Dashka - How are you ladies feeling?

Hi to HA, Never, Carol & DrS! Give us an update on how you are doing when you can. :hugs:

I will test in the morning... 12dpo. Drum roll..................................:help:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->