TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

ICSI is like an add-on to regular IVF. In regular IVF, they just put your eggs and sperm together in a petri dish and leave them to fertilize (or not) on their own. ICSI stands for intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection - it's where they use a microscopic needle to inject one single sperm directly into each egg. Even then fertilization doesn't always occur - we had to do ICSI because of DH's bad morphology, and they ICSI'd 6 eggs and only 4 fertilized.

Ihanaa ilta! TGIF! (did that come out right?) :winkwink:

YES!! Thank you...aww :cloud9: you almost got me in tears :cry: :hugs:
(translation is "have a lovely evening" to you who dunno) well no wonder you have some Scandinavian blood if you're originally from Minnesota. Many people moved there from here somewhere in early 1900 (?!) and to other northern states+canada. How do you like sauna? We have sauna in our house (like all people here have) and we go there like 3 times a week.
I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully you'll have good news tomorrow!!!!! Good luck with the test :thumbup::dust:

LilSl - glad you are feeling better :hugs:, and you go for the :wine: enjoy it, you deserve it :hugs:!! And I'm happy you found my country pretty :flower: our summer "hotness" +30 usually doesn't last long, prob a week. And then back to around +22c. Which is nicer, I don't like it too hot + my skin either :shy: in north Finland (lapland) they have dark also for a month, sun doesn't rise at all. And in summer it doesn't set. Weird isn't it :haha:

Dwirgi - how are you feeling today? :hugs:

AFM, I did test this morning and got :bfn: I dunno why I bother :dohh:my gyn said to START testing on dpo 16 which is next wednesday :saywhat: yeah right....if on sunday test is still neg then I'll quit taking progesterone so that my period wont get delayed too much.

How are you ladies feeling this friday butterfly, dashka, purple-mommy, never, manu, twinks? And HA how are you :hugs:? I know I'm missing someone..but lets get the weekend started :happydance:

Morning everybody!

Asry-sorry it's a BFN, but it's still very early. Hang on in there, and remember PMA! I know the TWW is the pits, but it's not over yet, remember that! Btw, Finland looks really beautiful, thank you for sharing the link! And, wow, to have a sauna in your house. That would be a luxury for me!!! Big :hugs: to you hun! xxx

Frolicky-good luck with the testing!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lil-well done you on nailing that presentation and also for getting through it with such dreadful pain. You most certainly do deserve your (medicinal) glass of vino!!! To pronounce Twm, the w is a short vowel. Bit like Boom but you say the oo faster. Although you must feel like a pin cushion, all those tests will be worth it, if you get some answers, so go girl!! xx

Dashka-how are you feeling? Has that cold cleared up? Big :hugs: to you! xxx

Purps, what you up to today? Hope you're taking good care of yourself! xxx

Carole-big :hugs: and :kiss: my friend! xx

Manuiti-there is a lot of information on the web for nutrition during IVF/ICSI, but feel free to ask if you're not sure. Royal Jelly and Omega 3 are good supplements too, but check with your docs that you can use them at the same time as stimming. Hey, it's great that you have already found somewhere to stay. That will be so much easier for you. Have you got anybody to look after your adorable dog?? Good luck to you, you'll be started before you know it! :hugs:

Butterfly-how are you hun?? Big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA-how are you? I hope you're taking very good care of yourself, and just going with the flow. Big :hugs:

Lady H-you made me laugh with your calculator, teaking your temps. I have NO idea what you're on about, as temping never suited me, but I hope it helps you get the date right!!! xxxx

Well, I slept like a log last night, and feel completely wiped out today. Just going to mosey around the house, stuff my face with chocolate, watch comedy on TV (watched a classic 'Father Ted' episode last night-when Crilly has to kick Bishop Brennan up the a%se!) and nothing else. I have two huskeys sleeping outside their crates down stairs, and one cat snoring away beside me. So cute.

Love to you all, Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Ladies! Tested again and got BFN. In Limbo Land! xoxo . Will write more later. Purple did you wait till day 14? I had a dream I was pregnant, so that's good. I actually feel at peace. Patience. I will enjoy it while it lasts. xoxo

Boooooo those BFN's :ignore:
But glad you are feeling peaceful and maybe your dream did point out the way it will be :flower: it will come :thumbup:
Who really has the nerve to not poas untill your period is due? :haha:
I'd like to meet her and get her patience :smug:

ok, I need to stop hanging around here and start working..only 3 hours to go :comp:

Thanks Ladies! Tested again and got BFN. In Limbo Land! xoxo . Will write more later. Purple did you wait till day 14? I had a dream I was pregnant, so that's good. I actually feel at peace. Patience. I will enjoy it while it lasts. xoxo

Keep on testing, Frolics, it's not over yet!! :flower:

lilSluz - Damn the :witch: :growlmad: But glad you managed to nail the presentation even though in pain and yay we all need a small :wine: now and again :hugs:

Yes, my cycle is a bit messed up from the m/c but am still temping and doing OPKs :thumbup:

Manuiti - glad you have found a place to stay and hope they have space, that will take a bit of stress out of it :thumbup:

Asry, loving the look of Finland, the nearest I got was when I went skiing in Norway once - I love snow :cold: How are you going to restrain yourself from going in the sauna when you are pg?! Does your OH use the sauna or has he given it up?

Froliky - keeping my fingers crossed that you get a BFP this cycle :flower: ETA Damn I jsut saw your next post with your BFN :growlmad:

Dwrgi, yes, take it easy and :awww: to the furbabies. When do you find out if number 4 is going to make it? :flower:

Hi purple, ipenn, HA, Skye, DrS, madeline, Nikki, Never and all others who I have missed :hugs::hugs:

Oh and I got X hairs today from FF so I feel a bit better after my rubbish temps of late. :thumbup:

lilSluz - Damn the :witch: :growlmad: But glad you managed to nail the presentation even though in pain and yay we all need a small :wine: now and again :hugs:

Yes, my cycle is a bit messed up from the m/c but am still temping and doing OPKs :thumbup:

Manuiti - glad you have found a place to stay and hope they have space, that will take a bit of stress out of it :thumbup:

Asry, loving the look of Finland, the nearest I got was when I went skiing in Norway once - I love snow :cold: How are you going to restrain yourself from going in the sauna when you are pg?! Does your OH use the sauna or has he given it up?

Froliky - keeping my fingers crossed that you get a BFP this cycle :flower: ETA Damn I jsut saw your next post with your BFN :growlmad:

Dwrgi, yes, take it easy and :awww: to the furbabies. When do you find out if number 4 is going to make it? :flower:

Hi purple, ipenn, HA, Skye, DrS, madeline, Nikki, Never and all others who I have missed :hugs::hugs:

Oh and I got X hairs today from FF so I feel a bit better after my rubbish temps of late. :thumbup:

Yay-way to go on the cross-hairs (whatever that means!!!). Brilliant news!

I have just sent you email, young lady!

They will tell me about Embie 4 in a couple of days time. Hope it's still growing.

xxxxxxxxxx:hugs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Frolicky & Asry - yucky, boo-hiss on those BFNs!!!!:gun::trouble::grr: It's still pretty early though! :dust: dust: :dust:! Keep us posted! :flower::flower::flower:

Asry - loved the :ignore:! When you say sauna is it a sweat room or like a jacuzzi? Yeah waiting until 16DPO is pretty hard, more so after IUI I would think! Oh yeah - I'm bummed I missed your pic a few days ago (I think site was down for us)

Frolicky - you quit your job? Wow! What made you do that? Are you taking any new hormones this month? :haha: j/k. Glad about the relaxed status - om, om, om... (so, do you say "ay" a lot still? I loved Fargo - diff state but similar accent! ) :haha:

Butterfly - YAY for crosshairs!!! :winkwink:

Dwrgi - so glad you have a nice, relaxed plan today - ahhhh :flower:

TGIF!!! Have a great day all BNB ladies! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lil - No, I did not quit. That would not be smart. I just took the day off! I work for my own company so, I have flexibility. My DH just heard United Technologies is selling Pratt Whitney Rocketdyne (his company). So my DH does not know where he'll be in a year. He's been working there his whole life. Yes, I used to have an accent. My ex boyfriend and his friends loved it and he ended up marrying a Swede. Different from Canadian but still pretty accents. I don't find the Minnesota accent attractive myself. I always thought it made me sound a little dumb. I don't know why.

Arsy - I am so glad you liked the Finish greeting. :hugs: No saunas for you right? I love the sauna!!!!! I took one after my mc too. We usually take them up north and then jump in the lake.

Gotta get some work done. Have a great day!

Asry - Wow, having a sauna at home sounds awesome! Grrrr, to the bfn, but if they said to wait until 16dpo then I would, it's 'only' 5 more days. I'm already getting impatient about starting my IVF drugs and it's only been 2 days since I was told I would be starting at all.

Dwrgi - Thanks hun, I shall check. And yes, my parents are more than happy to look after my lovely pup... who is :sleep: at my feet at the moment. I still haven't heard back about the apartment yet... I'm going to chase tomorrow and then no doubt I'll start stressing. lol Glad you slept well and that you're going to have a chilled day. I love Father Ted... Arrrrssss*, Driiiiink! :haha: Hope embie 4 is busy growing nice and big right now.

Froliky - Arrrgh to the bfn! Glad you're feeling patient & at peace though. What an awesome dream to have... hopefully it'll turn out to be true. :flower:

Butterfly - Yay for the crosshairs!!! :happydance:

Hey Manuiti did I read somewhere else that it was your birthday today?

Happy Birthday if so :cake::cake::happydance::happydance:

Hey Manuiti did I read somewhere else that it was your birthday today?

Happy Birthday if so :cake::cake::happydance::happydance:

Awwww thank you!!!! I only vaguely remember mentioning it somewhere a couple of days ago, so the fact that you noticed and remembered.... wow - I'm impressed! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Guess I should change my age by my profile piccy really...:jo::haha:

:

Thanks :thumbup::happydance: Norway is so pretty, glad you've seen it :flower:. Did you go skiing or crosscountry skiing there? And yay for FF looking better for you :thumbup:
About sauna, me&OH go there together 2-3 times a week and I do not need to give it up when i'm preggo. This site is actually the first place I've EVER HEARD that some women dont take hot baths/saunas while pregnant. Well in here it's different, I guess its a weird cultural thing and we've managed to have babies anyhow :haha:. We've been going to saunas since we were babies, well actually when we were in the womb :)happydance:) and you can go to sauna even if preggo. If there is issues with bloodpressure etc then you shouldn't or just put sauna in lower temp/not stay too long. Oh, and LilS yeah sit is a "sweat/steamroom" very relaxing :smug: and it is more usual to have a sauna in your home than a bathtub. Well shower is everywhere but baths are more unusual :winkwink:

Manu - yes, isn't it just weird how impatient you just get, it's only few days but feels like cant wait. And then when is "the test day" I usually feel like it was nicer few days ago when I still could fantacise about being pregnant and not wanting to face the truth. I hope time flies and you'll be starting those meds sooner than you know :winkwink: oh and if you are having a birthday - then yay happy birthdayyyyyyyy :serenade:

I hope you all will have a great weekend :howdy:
:kiss:

Happy b'day manuiti:) I hope everyone else is doing well too:)

Everything is going ok here although it is the land of impatience re testing, its irrational and I don't get why I am so focused on it but there is no denying that I am. I am 6DPO and just want to know one way or another. I am curious because it feels like this time we actually got the timing right at least....

The most ridiculous part about the waiting is the wondering whether certain symptoms mean anything like increasing breast soreness, strange gurgling sounds, increasing fatigue and just this afternoon a real feeling of nausea. Hopefully I am not getting flu:) I guess when AF comes I will be able to marvel at my sub conscious and its ability to manufacture symptoms to try to will me to conceive lol

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend:) the weather here has been beautiful these last two days, a lovely change from all the rain we have been having. Hope you are all having relaxing time:)

cheers
Madeline xx

Happy birthday Manuiti!!!

I hope you had a great day and lots of pampering! Your best birthday present is just around the corner, I am sure of it! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

P.S. In the Jan/Feb pages, I posted a long list of protein rich foods. Scan back to find it-lots of ideas there and protein value. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->